What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Julius Jones to come out on goal line (1 Viewer)

Noahs Troopers

Footballguy
Another player who may come out on goal-line plays is Julius Jones of Dallas in favor of Anthony Thomas. Also remember in 2004 that Jacksonville's Fred Taylor came out in goal-line situations. This is from Gil Brandt. Usually I'd dismiss this kind of talk but Gil isn't the type to spout nonsense. I wouldn't draft Julius Jones at his current ADP. :no:

I certainly wouldnt downgrade JJ on the fact that Gil Brandt, who isnt exactly a weath of information, says he MAY come out at the goalline; especially when the preseason gave us no evidence to the contrary.

If you read any of my posts the last few weeks I have been very high on JJ.And I still think he will have a good year, but the A-Train around the goal line will hamper his TD totals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another player who may come out on goal-line plays is Julius Jones of Dallas in favor of Anthony Thomas. Also remember in 2004 that Jacksonville's Fred Taylor came out in goal-line situations.

This is from Gil Brandt. Usually I'd dismiss this kind of talk but Gil isn't the type to spout nonsense. I wouldn't draft Julius Jones at his current ADP. :no:
Everyone run for the hills! The sky is falling! :excited:

If didn't see A.Thomas in the game for ANY short-yardage plays for Dallas this preseason. I guess they must be working on this during practices. :hophead:

A guy goes from being on the bubble for being cut to the goal-line back? I don't buy it. Pure speculation at this point. I'm pretty sure if Barber's foot had healed Thomas would have been shown the door.

You all have been warned, that's all. I don't own JJ so it's not much of a concern for me. The JJ Kool Aid in these parts is in full effect, most predicting a top 5 finish, I'd just say Gil Brandt knows a little bit more than the average kool aid drinker around here.

You all have been warned, that's all. I don't own JJ so it's not much of a concern for me. The JJ Kool Aid in these parts is in full effect, most predicting a top 5 finish, I'd just say Gil Brandt knows a little bit more than the average kool aid drinker around here.
What if he had said the same thing about Willis? Would he still "know a little more than the average kool aid drinker"?B. Nugget

"She bangs, she bangsOh baby when she moves, she movesI go crazy 'cause sheLooks like a flowerBut she stings like a beeLike every girl in history..." :loco:

co :banned: ol, Bledsoe will be the goaline dude because of his elusive moves
As a Pats fan, I always thought we would have won SBs if he was still starting for us....Wait a minute, never mind.....

The writing has been on the wall for this all off-season. Not sure if it's true or not, but I do know I have been staying away from JJ in my drafts. :ph34r:

Id be more worried of Marion Barber stealing carries than A Train. I watched alot of the preseason games and it seemed to me that Parcells liked Barber and he had good reason too. :P

The only thing I don't like about JJ is Bill Parcells. Sure he loves to run the football, but JJ could end up in his doghouse at any moment for any manner of stupid reasons. Just like last year, when he was in the doghouse early on for being perceived by Parcells as "not tough enough".He's still young, so Parcells isn't going to cut him any veteran slack. So I could see him still trying to play mind games with young Julius and get A-Train more involved in the mix.

I went with JJ at the last second in my draft, could've opted for Jam Lewis. Needless to say I'm questioning my instinct on this one. We'll see how it pans out.

I went with JJ at the last second in my draft, could've opted for Jam Lewis. Needless to say I'm questioning my instinct on this one. We'll see how it pans out.
Don't worry about doing that. I've seen people pass on DD in PPR leagues for JJ. Straight up passing Deuce for JJ, it's the kool aid and I think it's going to go rotten soon. :banned: :X

K.R.S. rips everything I say in every thread, he's my :stalker: :stalker:
aparently he rips everybody. thats his job here.
Not really. I'll add you to my list though.To date, I've not seen a thread by Noah that wasn't about how the rest of us aren't worthy to get a reach around from McGahee or him putting down some other RB as an indirect way to pimp McGahee.

ETA: I think its cute you think I'm your stalker, but for the most part, I don't read your threads.

K.R.S. rips everything I say in every thread, he's my  :stalker:   :stalker:
aparently he rips everybody. thats his job here.
Not really. I'll add you to my list though.To date, I've not seen a thread by Noah that wasn't about how the rest of us aren't worthy to get a reach around from McGahee or him putting down some other RB as an indirect way to pimp McGahee.

ETA: I think its cute you think I'm your stalker, but for the most part, I don't read your threads.
Will you marry me? :wub:

lol, yes A Train has proven to be such a stellar goalline back thoughout his numerous successful seasons in the NFL. He must be much more capable to punch it in inside the 5 than JJ is.

I've had the pleasure of watching the A-Train run the ball for the past 4 seasons. JJones owners have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I can see that this is going to be a fun year with weekly JJ vs. Willis updates.

As for Brandt's column. He has tasty nuggets from time to time and I read him but he is often off base. Included in his "Sleepers" article he states

Willie Parker: Pittsburgh: Finished 2004 season with 100 yards against Buffalo; he was the only player to hit the century mark against the Bills all season. He might start until Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley get healthy.

Rudi Johnson put up 130 in a loss against them so Parker wasn't the only 100 yard rusher. Nit picking maybe but he sometimes get's sloppy with his statements.

JJ is solid and I'd definitely pick him at his ADP. In fact I'm part of the contingent that is pushing his ADP upwards every draft.

This thread is littered with scared JJ owners who are just trying to dismiss the article because they fear it is true.I don't own JJ and have always thought he would be pulled in goal line situations.Instead of acting like the NFL.com guy is a quack, actually look at it objectively and see where this is coming from. It may do all of you a wealth of good.

This thread is littered with scared JJ owners who are just trying to dismiss the article because they fear it is true.

I don't own JJ and have always thought he would be pulled in goal line situations.

Instead of acting like the NFL.com guy is a quack, actually look at it objectively and see where this is coming from. It may do all of you a wealth of good.
:goodposting:

Damn! A bunch of paranoid, know it all M_______ERS! All you have to do is use very little bit of commen sense! The guy can damn sure run. i f he's improved on his pass catchin, why would Parcells want him out on goal line plays? Too many of you guys over-anaylize. I bet most of you get no sleep during ffl season. I would love to be in a league with you guys. A bunch of up-tight fanatics. Hell, the best way to play this thing is to relax & see what happens.

I certainly wouldnt downgrade JJ on the fact that Gil Brandt, who isnt exactly a wealth of information, says he MAY come out at the goalline.
Hey diesel. I respect your contributions to the Shark Pool as much as any poster, but I have to tell you that you're flat-out wrong with that statement. I listen to Brandt all the time on Sirius NFL Radio, and though his voice and delivery could not BE more annoying, a "wealth of information" is exactly what he is! The stuff he recalls off the top of his head is nothing short of amazing. Where EVERYONE went to college (and high school!), what their 40 times were, what slot they were drafted... even their kid's names for cryin' out loud. And I'm talking about players drafted anywhere from last year to 50 years ago. He also shares interesting theories regarding schemes and personnel that I don't hear from anyone else. He may well be incorrect about this Jones tidbit, but there might not be a man on the planet who knows more about football and has access to insider information than Brandt.

Instead of acting like the NFL.com guy is a quack, actually look at it objectively and see where this is coming from. It may do all of you a wealth of good.
They did look at it objectively and remembered that A-Train wasn't very good. He was rumored to be on the cut list a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread