What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just ran over a rabbits nest with lawnmower (1 Viewer)

Was shocked and confused....had to step away for a minute to compose myself and seek advice. IPad was on my deck so it was near.
At least you didn't take the time to get a penny and take a picture. :thumbup:Why didn't you grab a penny and take a picture? :thumbdown:Feeling very conflicted here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was shocked and confused....had to step away for a minute to compose myself and seek advice. IPad was on my deck so it was near.
At least you didn't take the time to get a penny and take a picture. :thumbup:Why didn't you grab a penny and take a picture? :thumbdown:Feeling very conflicted here...
It was like walking through a war zone with carnage everywhere, a very numbing situation.

Mad Cow, to the white courtesy phone...
:yes:The shark move here was to use your master bedroom window as a sniper's roost and pick them off with a high-powered pellet gun one by one, but to each their own. :shrug: :lmao: I cannot imagine the thought process of running them over, then deciding the best way to finish them off was to do it again. :lmao: Was the shark tank to dangle them over and slowly lower them into the water occupied at the time?

I have a woods behind my house. Get a ton of rabbits in my yard. Tried the repellant but they kept coming back. Finally got a bb gun and started picking them off one by one. Picked one off a few summers ago and it was thrashing around in my backyard. Tried to get near it to finish it off and it kept moving around. I just left it there overnight and figured I'd get it in the morning and bury it when I got up. When I went out to the yard in the morning, one of the animals from the woods must have got it because it was nowhere to be found. Last Spring I was cleaning brush around my back deck and ....
Right up until this point, I thought this story was going to end with the injured bunny, now restored to health and possessing super strength after surviving its injury, returning to claim revenge - first by spraying skillz with repellant and then shooting him.

Should we post a link to this on the ASPCA and PETA message boards, or is that a bad idea. I want the hilarity of their followers coming in here and calling us all babykillers, but don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Should we post a link to this on the ASPCA and PETA message boards, or is that a bad idea. I want the hilarity of their followers coming in here and calling us all babykillers, but don't want anyone to get in trouble.
I dunno. That might get him "Wheelhoused".Could be good for a few laughs.

So you ran over a rabbit's nest ...yeah so? They would have f'n killed you man if you they had a lawnmower ...so you know, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Watch the moles too - those #####es hide better. And yeah if they had a lawnmower they would kill the #### out of you.
:yes: Last Saturday I got my mower out, rode it around front, then started the blades and went about mowing. Came back around and saw 6 baby moles scattered on my driveway in different stages of carnage. The mother must have given birth on top of the blades.

I just kept on mowing, driving over them until they all blew into the lawn.

:shrug:

So you ran over a rabbit's nest ...yeah so? They would have f'n killed you man if you they had a lawnmower ...so you know, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Watch the moles too - those #####es hide better. And yeah if they had a lawnmower they would kill the #### out of you.
:yes: Last Saturday I got my mower out, rode it around front, then started the blades and went about mowing. Came back around and saw 6 baby moles scattered on my driveway in different stages of carnage. The mother must have given birth on top of the blades.

Jesus. :X :lmao: :lmao:

Jesus what a mess. I just closed my eyes and ran them over again. This is horrible. :cry:
Are they dead or just more mangled?
They are dead. I am an animal lover and feel sick by this. I paniced and did not know what to do. Thought hitting them a second time would be more painless than drowing or a shovel the the head.
I feel for you. A couple of years ago, I was weed-eating along the fence in the backyard. I looked down and noticed a bird on the ground with both of its legs mangled and huge chunk of its abdomen missing. I guess I had cut it up; no idea how though. It was still alive and I panicked and didn't know what to do. I went inside and grabbed a hammer and about half a dozen paper towels. I came out back, covered it with the paper towels and gave it a nice hard smack with the hammer where I though the head was. I guess I missed, because all of a sudden it started stutter-fly/crawling through the grass caught up in the PTs. I had to chase it down and smack it a couple more times before it finally went down. When it was done, as I was stuffing it in a plastic Target sack, I noticed the elderly woman in the house behind us on her deck watching me with a look of both terror and repulsion.
:lmao:
:goodposting:

Looks to be three survivors of the rabbicoust..plus the mother or father. Went to the pet store this morning and bought some rabbit food and put it by the nest. Felt like it was the least I could do.

Saw the mother or father rabitt munching on it....rabbitt gave me a look like "We are good" Sometimes food or a good meal can help heal.

Looks to be three survivors of the rabbicost..plus the mother or father. Went to the pet store this morning and bought some rabbit food and put it by the nest. Felt like it was the least I could do.Saw the mother or father rabitt munching on it....rabbitt gave me a look like "We are good" Sometimes food or a good meal can help heal.
You are a sensitive soul aren't ya.

At least they didn't see it coming ;)

Looks to be three survivors of the rabbicoust..plus the mother or father. Went to the pet store this morning and bought some rabbit food and put it by the nest. Felt like it was the least I could do.Saw the mother or father rabitt munching on it....rabbitt gave me a look like "We are good" Sometimes food or a good meal can help heal.
Reparations..

Looks to be three survivors of the rabbicoust..plus the mother or father. Went to the pet store this morning and bought some rabbit food and put it by the nest. Felt like it was the least I could do.Saw the mother or father rabitt munching on it....rabbitt gave me a look like "We are good" Sometimes food or a good meal can help heal.
Reparations..
Seems fair.

Jesus what a mess. I just closed my eyes and ran them over again. This is horrible. :cry:
I would have thought hitting them with a shovel would be more humane. :confused:
Drowning them would have been better, bucket+rubber glove would have done the trick. Running them over again seems like something they'd do in the Middle East, or in Kentucky.
That's eastern Kentucky you frigid *******! I must be the only poor ******* in this forum from Kentucky. :bag:

'Da Guru said:
http://qkme.me/3p9g6f

'mr roboto said:
'Da Guru said:
Looks to be three survivors of the rabbicost..plus the mother or father. Went to the pet store this morning and bought some rabbit food and put it by the nest. Felt like it was the least I could do.Saw the mother or father rabitt munching on it....rabbitt gave me a look like "We are good" Sometimes food or a good meal can help heal.
They are probably already well on the way to making the next litter.

I would have thought hitting them with a shovel would be more humane. :confused:
Drowning them would have been better, bucket+rubber glove would have done the trick. Running them over again seems like something they'd do in the Middle East, or in Kentucky.
That's eastern Kentucky you frigid *******! I must be the only poor ******* in this forum from Kentucky. :bag:
Nope. And we ain't all that bad over here.

Users who are viewing this thread