What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

Is this the Mother Jones talking points today? A serious take on the situation:

“Not even operating a leaf blower.” Could the Babylon Bee be any more tasteless and bigoted? And why would you link to this putrid attempt at satire? Do you really find it amusing?

About as amusing as Joe Biden saying you can`t go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Doughnuts without have a slight Indian accent.

I missed the reason why MV was chosen. Simply because it's a rich area that voted heavy D, or is it a beef with DeSantis and somebody from MV?
I’m sure it’s the first part. They got exposed hard here. Yes, the masses did help them, but it’s ironic that no big names helped, they just complained.
Yeah, we won't agree what or who got exposed here.

If we agree its the first part, then unless they specifically were talking about this or Desantis what got exposed more is the ignorant assumptions about the other "team" that is driving our country apart.

I mean of course all well off voters of Joe Biden believe X about immigration, right?
The next group should go to Hollywood. The hypocrity of NIMBY totally applies. When our administration can’t make one trip to Texas to see firsthand, that is all we need to know.
I especially enjoy the Mv, we don’t have the infrastructure to handle while they go back to their nearly empty 5 bedroom house. I live in a 3 million dollar house but how can I possibly help....

“Not even operating a leaf blower.” Could the Babylon Bee be any more tasteless and bigoted? And why would you link to this putrid attempt at satire? Do you really find it amusing?
And yet the assertion that this was an overtly racist action because of some comparison to an 1858, yes 1858, event is totally relevant and a-ok to let slide by?

Somehow of those three articles the Babylon Bee one was the objectionable one? Effing hysterical.
Our immigration policies are racists now. Why are we just letting people primarily from Central America? We should letting equal number of people from all around the world.

I missed the reason why MV was chosen. Simply because it's a rich area that voted heavy D, or is it a beef with DeSantis and somebody from MV?
I’m sure it’s the first part. They got exposed hard here. Yes, the masses did help them, but it’s ironic that no big names helped, they just complained.

If we agree its the first part, then unless they specifically were talking about this or Desantis what got exposed more is the ignorant assumptions about the other "team" that is driving our country apart.

I mean of course all well off voters of Joe Biden believe X about immigration, right?
The next group should go to Hollywood. The hypocrity of NIMBY totally applies. When our administration can’t make one trip to Texas to see firsthand, that is all we need to know.
I especially enjoy the Mv, we don’t have the infrastructure to handle while they go back to their nearly empty 5 bedroom house. I live in a 3 million dollar house but how can I possibly help....

So your realistic expectation is that people need to house these people in their own homes or they are being hypocrites?
You guys can not be serious about this.

So your realistic expectation is that people need to house these people in their own homes or they are being hypocrites?
If they’re truly down for the cause why not. Open up the maid quarters at least.

My point is there’s so much money on mv yet they couldn’t handle 50 migrants, just sad.

My point is there’s so much money on mv yet they couldn’t handle 50 migrants, just sad.
They handled them and helped from my reading of it. Again, if there is not the infrastructure there for this, besides putting them in their house, what exactly did you want the people of MV to do here?

No, certainly not. However, given the recent history of liberal areas holding on to eviction moratoriums for damn near forever, I'd be fine with that liberal community being internally consistent and placing migrants in available rentals. Whether rent gets paid or not is irrelevant - liberal governments certainly didn't care about Joe Landlord in regular communities.

And yet the assertion that this was an overtly racist action because of some comparison to an 1858, yes 1858, event is totally relevant and a-ok to let slide by?

Somehow of those three articles the Babylon Bee one was the objectionable one? Effing hysterical.
I didn’t let it slide. I’ve made my objections to Holocaust and slavery references known so often in here that I just got tired of it. It’s an awful comparison. Not sure what that has to do with the tastelessness of the Babylon Bee.

Jokes are only funny when they're not making fun of my side!

If you're really that concerned about tasteless jokes, I would have seen you say something in one of the 60,000 Trump or 1/6 threads.
Your response to the fact that there is no evidence that Joe Biden helped Hunter Biden commit crimes was “you guys didn’t need evidence for the Trump/Russia stuff!” Your response to any concern about 1/6 is “you guys didn’t care about the BLM/Antifa riots!” Now your response to the tastelessness of this article is “you guys didn’t care about all the tasteless Trump jokes!”

These are not good rebuttals. Putting aside the questionable legitimacy of your assertions, they’re simply an attempt at distraction, and you do it so often that it makes you seem trollish, which I know you’re not. Try to address the issue at hand.

If they’re truly down for the cause why not. Open up the maid quarters at least.
Are all opposed to abortion out there adopting kids?
I mean, if they are truly down for the cause, right?
See how that is not all that logical of an argument?

This is an embarrassing analogy I keep seeing from folks. An adoption is a two decade commitment.

These limousine liberals established a virtue signaling sanctuary city but ran them out in 36 hours after declaring a humanitarian emergency. Phonies.

Jokes are only funny when they're not making fun of my side!

If you're really that concerned about tasteless jokes, I would have seen you say something in one of the 60,000 Trump or 1/6 threads.
Your response to the fact that there is no evidence that Joe Biden helped Hunter Biden commit crimes was “you guys didn’t need evidence for the Trump/Russia stuff!” Your response to any concern about 1/6 is “you guys didn’t care about the BLM/Antifa riots!” Now your response to the tastelessness of this article is “you guys didn’t care about all the tasteless Trump jokes!”

These are not good rebuttals. Putting aside the questionable legitimacy of your assertions, they’re simply an attempt at distraction, and you do it so often that it makes you seem trollish, which I know you’re not. Try to address the issue at hand.

Joe Biden's biggest crime was destroying the black community with his bad policy. Nothing any other politician does going forward will compare to absolute destruction he caused to that racial demographic.

Awesome, so you would have 0 issue if states started sending random kids to rich Republican's houses to be adopted? I mean they have the money and we know that all Repulicans have to be pro-life and down for the cause right?

No, this isn't how we should handle issues and people.

This is an embarrassing analogy I keep seeing from folks. An adoption is a two decade commitment.

These limousine liberals established a virtue signaling sanctuary city but ran them out in 36 hours after declaring a humanitarian emergency. Phonies.
Similar mentality. Yes, the commitment is different but the dumb idea of "I think they support X, so that means they have to host it at their house" is the basic core of each idea.

I asked before why MV - is the bolded true, that they made a big deal about them being a sanctuary city?

Our immigration policies are racists now. Why are we just letting people primarily from Central America? We should letting equal number of people from all around the world.
Wait, what?

No. Its fitting from those who refuse to walk the walk. They didn’t run them out…a total bogus accusation of how the people in MV acted.

No. Its fitting from those who refuse to walk the walk. They didn’t run them out…a total bogus accusation of how the people in MV acted.
Where are these 50 people?

“When we got on the plane, they told us they would give us jobs, a place to live, everything,” Dela Hoz said through a translator. “The whole group is pretty upset. But they did take us to a nice place.”

I think this sort of sums up the situation. If I was in their shoes, I would still sign up to get on the next plane or bus out of Texas or Florida. Their long term prospects will likely be better in whatever liberal enclave that they are dropped off in, especially considering the political pressure on these communities to "walk the walk."

“When we got on the plane, they told us they would give us jobs, a place to live, everything,” Dela Hoz said through a translator. “The whole group is pretty upset. But they did take us to a nice place.”

I think this sort of sums up the situation. If I was in their shoes, I would still sign up to get on the next plane or bus out of Texas or Florida. Their long term prospects will likely be better in whatever liberal enclave that they are dropped off in, especially considering the political pressure on these communities to "walk the walk."

50 illegals and they declare a State of Emergency. Imagine getting 200K+ each month. It's a shame because the previous administrations policies were working.

Awesome, so you would have 0 issue if states started sending random kids to rich Republican's houses to be adopted? I mean they have the money and we know that all Repulicans have to be pro-life and down for the cause right?

Absolutely not, most republicans support a strong border unlike democrats. Obama, himself, with 29 acres and several houses could have put up the migrants but no ship them out.

Wait, what?
So please provide the percentage of Asians and blacks coming from our southern border.

Wait, what?
So please provide the percentage of Asians and blacks coming from our southern border.

Kinda hard for them to walk to our border from some Asian or European country.

So I’ll throw this out again since no one would address the issue for obvious reasons. I work in the insurance industry handling very large clients. One of my clients is a large social service account that houses over 500 at risk children in New York. They stop accepting us kids over a year ago and now house unaccompanied migrant kids. I asked the cfo, where do the at kids go? He said most of the social service entities in ny are no longer taking in the kids as fed paying almost 3 X what New York State pays so essentially these at risk child’s are now in there at risk homes. Sentencing kids to the streets, crime, drugs and then prison is the by-product of joes policies. Congrats..

Wait, what?

Kinda hard for them to walk to our border from some Asian or European
We can provide transportation if we wanted. We’re flying migrants around the country now.

So I’ll throw this out again since no one would address the issue for obvious reasons. I work in the insurance industry handling very large clients. One of my clients is a large social service account that houses over 500 at risk children in New York. They stop accepting us kids over a year ago and now house unaccompanied migrant kids. I asked the cfo, where do the at kids go? He said most of the social service entities in ny are no longer taking in the kids as fed paying almost 3 X what New York State pays so essentially these at risk child’s are now in there at risk homes. Sentencing kids to the streets, crime, drugs and then prison is the by-product of joes policies. Congrats..
Yep, that's something we can agree on that is ****ty and a bad consequence of policies.

The other stuff above we don't agree on though.

Absolutely not, most republicans support a strong border unlike democrats. Obama, himself, with 29 acres and several houses could have put up the migrants but no ship them out.

Especially this part we don't agree on, especially the "unlike democrats" part.

I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't want secure borders. ( I know, you said strong). What the disagreement becomes is how many do we let in, and evidently what the definition of "open" is in open borders.

There are over 130 Airbnb rentals available.

Pretty sure they have the infrastructure.

They just don't want them there.
Sure, if the expectation is that everyone who votes D feels the way you expect them to about the border and those policies and therefore should house them on their property.

Sure, if the expectation is that everyone who votes D feels the way you expect them to about the border and those policies and therefore should house them on their property.
LA still has an eviction moratorium. MA didn't get rid of it until spring of this year. Private property rights are incredibly low on the list of rights they they believe Americans should have. (If in doubt head over to New Bedford.)

Damn. That's awful.

LA still has an eviction moratorium. MA didn't get rid of it until spring of this year. Private property rights are incredibly low on the list of rights they they believe Americans should have. (If in doubt head over to New Bedford.)

Damn. That's awful.
Again, "they". The people of MV voted on that and decided on it?

I am truly struggling with some of the attitudes and posts about this incident.

At the very least, some really interesting ideas of what not even voting for a specific candidate, but what a vote for a "team" means for your responsibilities as a citizen.

That's not even close to the same thing. An Airbnb is a rental. The listings I mention werent for just one room. They were for houses.

They have the infrastructure. What they don't have is the desire.

Their local government could rent the houses. A local charity could rent the houses. The people could take a collection and rent the houses. Perhaps some rentals are going vacant and the owners of those could donate their rentals for a few days.

You are trying to make it sound like this means that you have to let them in your kitchen.

And before we pretend that places like el paso have the infrastructure, there are families sleeping on the streets there.

They just don't want them there. Quit trying to dance around that.

That's not even close to the same thing. An Airbnb is a rental. The listings I mention werent for just one room. They were for houses.

Their local government could rent the houses. A local charity could rent the houses. The people could take a collection and rent the houses. Perhaps some rentals are going vacant and the owners of those could donate their rentals for a few days.

You are trying to make it sound like this means that you have to let them in your kitchen.

And before we pretend that places like el paso have the infrastructure, there are families sleeping on the streets there.

So this is how the far right MAGA crowd is spinning this? :lol:

is para far right Maga?

is para far right Maga?

No, but that's standard Rubiobot rhetoric: Everyone who doesn't agree with him is a far right MAGA person.

Yeah, they could do those things. I've never heard of it happening anywhere (government paying them back), but thanks for at least being clearer about your point. Not sure why we would pretend that about El Paso, I never even brought that up.

My point is more that none of us have any clue what these people's feelings or thoughts are on immigration. Just because they voted for Biden at an 80% clip, doesn't mean they should do these things or that this stunt somehow called out their hypocrisy. When I talk infrastructure on this issue, I sure don't mean people's private property, wether the government pays for that or not.

Possible many wouldn't want them there too, I have 0 clue. My beef was more the attitude that somehow they got "owned" by the stunt, when we have 0 clue what their thoughts are on it and that now we are expected to use our property for issues that we voted on (or didn't - I voted Biden, but this issue probably isn't in my top 10 voting issues despite my volume of posts). I especially disagree with you when you think the outcome for this will be Ds thinking about their vote more. I think what's going to happen is they are now going to like DeSantis even less and/or it's going to trigger a little one-upping of these types of dumb stunts, because that's where we are.

is para far right Maga?

No, but that's standard Rubiobot rhetoric: Everyone who doesn't agree with him is a far right MAGA person.
Hmm. this sounds really familiar.

Should have known - did a google search out of curiosity of what those rentals would be/night. Of course dailymail and nypost are on the case at the top of the search with exactly how many rentals were available during those few days. :lol: Honestly surprised by how low some of the rentals were.

Should have known - did a google search out of curiosity of what those rentals would be/night. Of course dailymail and nypost are on the case at the top of the search with exactly how many rentals were available during those few days. :lol: Honestly surprised by how low some of the rentals were.
Off season rates now.

Yeah, they could do those things. I've never heard of it happening anywhere (government paying them back), but thanks for at least being clearer about your point. Not sure why we would pretend that about El Paso, I never even brought that up.

My point is more that none of us have any clue what these people's feelings or thoughts are on immigration. Just because they voted for Biden at an 80% clip, doesn't mean they should do these things or that this stunt somehow called out their hypocrisy. When I talk infrastructure on this issue, I sure don't mean people's private property, wether the government pays for that or not.

Possible many wouldn't want them there too, I have 0 clue. My beef was more the attitude that somehow they got "owned" by the stunt, when we have 0 clue what their thoughts are on it and that now we are expected to use our property for issues that we voted on (or didn't - I voted Biden, but this issue probably isn't in my top 10 voting issues despite my volume of posts). I especially disagree with you when you think the outcome for this will be Ds thinking about their vote more. I think what's going to happen is they are now going to like DeSantis even less and/or it's going to trigger a little one-upping of these types of dumb stunts, because that's where we are.
The people that got owned are the ones whose opinion that gets on the news. The citizens of MV stepped up.

Off season rates now.
I guess. Where we go around Milwaukee for our family Christmas (12 of us) is usually at least 500-600/night. I figured MV would be waaay more than that.

Off season rates now.
I guess. Where we go around Milwaukee for our family Christmas (12 of us) is usually at least 500-600/night. I figured MV would be waaay more than that.
I didn’t see the prices, that does sound cheap though.

For the record i did the search myself. I saw 148 rentals. I used 4 adults as my guests.

I knew it would be cheap from my experience with cape cod off season compared to peak.

I dont think I have special knowledge here though since one of the left talking points I am hearing is that this is the off season and lots of the ruch people arent there.

And dont get me wrong here, I am not criticizing these people for not wanting these immigrants in their neighborhood. I wouldnt want it either.

I am criticizing the left as a whole because dealing with 48 of them in a wealthy vacation town is actually quite easy and the alternative is the left criticizing the conditions of wherever else they would be.

It isnt like they dropped them off in newark. I mean that would be inhumane.

Users who are viewing this thread