What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kansas City (-3.5) vs. Baltimore O/U 53.5 (1 Viewer)

Gutsy call and win by the Ravens. Nice work. 

I don't care how great Mahomes is, the Chiefs are not winning the Super Bowl this season with that crappy defense. 

Had a pretty good game before that. Entirely negated by the fumble, which in that situation turned his game to poo poo. 
HSG, he had fifty total yards on thirteen carries. What game of CEH's were you watching.

13/46, 1 fumble lost at the most crucial of times.

He was terrible.

Amazing how times have changed.  When Belichick went for it against the Colts this board was probably 70/30 saying you gotta punt.  Now here in the same situation it's basically everyone saying go for it.

HSG, he had fifty total yards on thirteen carries. What game of CEH's were you watching.

He was terrible.
He got hit in the backfield in a handful of runs and pushed the pile an extra six yards for a handful of others.   If not for the fumble the complaint is he didn't get enough touches.

Amazing how times have changed.  When Belichick went for it against the Colts this board was probably 70/30 saying you gotta punt.  Now here in the same situation it's basically everyone saying go for it.
Was just thinking the same thing. I can also recall numerous times in recent years where teams willingly give the ball back to great QBs with a chance for them to win the game. I mean, think of it this way: Would you rather bet on your defense stopping Patrick Mahomes or the best running QB in NFL history getting one yard?

He got hit in the backfield in a handful of runs and pushed the pile an extra six yards for a handful of others.   If not for the fumble the complaint is he didn't get enough touches.
Around fifteen touches is about right for his talents. Should probably be less, actually, given that he's small and slow.

So far, he's not warranted a RB2 selection in fantasy, even.

how many thrilling games this weekend? wow if this is the way the season si going to go I'm all in!

Chiefs have problems, they can't stop the run, they live to much on the razor thin line of coming from behind to win with 4 mins or less. eventually that catches up with you. Can we finally put the CEH is a RB1,2,3 to bed? this guy looks like a fat man at a buffet table when he has the ball. there's nothing that says he's anything but mediocre. this guy sucks. that's the Chiefs achilles' heel, the lack of a power run game. it's going to be their downfall in 2021.

Mixon went 20/69 this week which is less ypc than CEH.  Is he terrible?
There's actually a ton wrong with what you wrote. YPC, small sample size, everything.

CEH's speed score, as I am always at pains to point out, befits his performance.

He's small and slow and doesn't break tackles.

He's terrible.

I've flogged that horse enough. Anybody who wants to go down with his ship can.

Colts <> Chiefs who already put up 30+

Balt running <> NE running

You aren't comparing apples to apples

Last edited by a moderator:
Around fifteen touches is about right for his talents. Should probably be less, actually, given that he's small and slow.

So far, he's not warranted a RB2 selection in fantasy, even.
I legit thought they’d be throwing to him more. Again: glad I dealt him. I like him more than you, but he isn’t an elite FF option until he shows that he can be that, that’s for certain.

Key factor is how badly the Balt run game was destroying the KC D.

That’s a pretty good matchup to have for sealing the game.

Great. Hopefully they can start changing the minds of these meathead coaches too. 

He was terrible.
He was given that workload & did pretty well with it. He wasn’t targeted in the receiving game, which is inexplicable to me. He ran out a few times but Mahomes never looked his way. 

Two remarkable plays: 

1. Pushed the pile 6+ after contact, kept the legs churning. 
2. laid a tremendous downfield block that sprung Kelce for the last 5 of that crazy TD run. 

Then had one of the poorest timed fumbles in NFL history. 

It was a mixed bag. He looked the part of a solid RB all night until that awful fumble. 

I agree the match-up made it an even more obvious decision, but it would have been the right call regardless. That 4th down bot estimate from my previous post -- which calculated going for it increased their win probability by 18% relative to punting -- was calculated independent of the teams involved.  

Even if you don't buy all the WP calculations, "get one yard to win the game" makes intuitive sense.

Decades ago Don Shula said something to the effect that someday coaches would figure out that they should go for it on 4th down a lot more than they do.  

Yeah, KC’s defense isn’t great. Their whole schtick is to get a big lead & force the opponent to throw from behind, into a very strong secondary. 

Baltimore just bullied them on the ground for 13 plays & what, 8 mins? Oof. That’s a good recipe for beating the Chiefs. Killed time & kept Mahomes off the field.

That said, they were still gifted the W by CEH. If that didn’t happen, Butker likely ends it differently. 

Game of inches. 

There's actually a ton wrong with what you wrote. YPC, small sample size, everything.

CEH's speed score, as I am always at pains to point out, befits his performance.

He's small and slow and doesn't break tackles.

He's terrible.

I've flogged that horse enough. Anybody who wants to go down with his ship can.

He was given that workload & did pretty well with it. He wasn’t targeted in the receiving game, which is inexplicable to me. He ran out a few times but Mahomes never looked his way. 

Two remarkable plays: 

2. laid a tremendous downfield block that sprung Kelce for the last 5 of that crazy TD run. 

It was a mixed bag. He looked the part of a solid RB all night until that awful fumble. 
What game were you watching? CEH is awful. It actually wouldn’t surprise me to wake up tomorrow and hear he was released. He has more room to run than any RB in the league and does nothing with it. You can bet at the very least Darrel Williams has earned himself a 50/50 timeshare. 

Two remarkable plays: 

I think he's ok, he's just not needed for what the Chiefs do. They don't workhorse backs and they don't really target RBs out of the backfield, which is his strength: you get Edwards-Helaire in space and he makes people miss.

KC shouldn't have drafted him if they're not going to use his strengths. He'd be awesome in Atlanta, or even New England (super James White).

I think he's ok, he's just not needed for what the Chiefs do. They don't workhorse backs and they don't really target RBs out of the backfield, which is his strength: you get Edwards-Helaire in space and he makes people miss.

KC shouldn't have drafted him if they're not going to use his strengths. He'd be awesome in Atlanta, or even New England (super James White).
That was more my worry & why I traded him. I wasn’t convinced the chiefs had any interest in making a RB the centerpiece of their offense when they have Mahomes/Hill/Kelce.

The machine ain’t broke, so why would they fix it? 

Users who are viewing this thread