What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Trade Controversy (1 Viewer)

Let me add something that bothers me. Most people chime in with some very standard responses ("if it's not collusion...", "there only doing what's best for their team", blah, blah, blah, blah, blah). That's NOT the point. Put some thought into this question. Once a team is mathematically or at least realistically eliminated, and they don't care about the current season. Should they make a heavily imbalanced deal - one, mind you, they never would make earlier in the season - because they want to set themselves up for next year? How would YOU feel about that if your in the hunt and you've just seen someone completely upset the balance of the league?

dripstick that is a terible rashonel the point is that you can and should trade to get better next year if you are out of the hunt that is being a good owner and trying to make your team better do you think the nfl teams say well we stink the bag but we better not try to get anyone and instead lets just stay crappy forever that is a good business plan for us while no way jose that is not how it works unless you are the jaguars who stink the bag and i do not care about them at all but long story short i disagree with the whole how would you feel stuff come on just man up and make some trades yourself if you are making a run for the title like a man or otherwise you are just sitting by the wall watching the rest of us super champs dance with the papershakers so bam right there and take that to the bank bromontana

dripstick that is a terible rashonel the point is that you can and should trade to get better next year if you are out of the hunt that is being a good owner and trying to make your team better do you think the nfl teams say well we stink the bag but we better not try to get anyone and instead lets just stay crappy forever that is a good business plan for us while no way jose that is not how it works unless you are the jaguars who stink the bag and i do not care about them at all but long story short i disagree with the whole how would you feel stuff come on just man up and make some trades yourself if you are making a run for the title like a man or otherwise you are just sitting by the wall watching the rest of us super champs dance with the papershakers so bam right there and take that to the bank bromontana
I really didn't read this as any Brohan who throws crap out without punctuation or even sentence structure isn't worth paying attention to... It is a lack of respect to the board just as holding a fire sale is lack of respect to your league.

this is a ridiculous trade that totally ruins the balance of a league. If I was one of the other teams in the league I would demand it be overturned, the rules changed so it would never happen again, or I would leave at the end of the season. who wants to see all their hard work ruined by some guy just punt on a season and hand 4 great players to my competitor for nothing? incredible how many are defending such a competitive balance ruiner. you should trade back and put rules in place that whole-sale fire sales that effectively decide leagues will never be allowed

this is a ridiculous trade that totally ruins the balance of a league. If I was one of the other teams in the league I would demand it be overturned, the rules changed so it would never happen again, or I would leave at the end of the season. who wants to see all their hard work ruined by some guy just punt on a season and hand 4 great players to my competitor for nothing? incredible how many are defending such a competitive balance ruiner. you should trade back and put rules in place that whole-sale fire sales that effectively decide leagues will never be allowed
I disagree that this type of trade could decide a league. The 4 players I received (Stafford, CJ2K, S. Smith, and Fitz) have all been underperforming this year (I got Stafford before his most recent game), and are bigger in name than they are in actual production. As I stated in one of my earlier posts, I sent Fitz back to the original owner as a way of balancing the trade out. So in the end the trade broke down like this:Leshoure for CJ2K - I find this trade pretty even. 4 weeks ago, this would be a perfectly acceptable trade. I made it after Leshoure's 3 TD game, so when you factor that he can be kept for $12 next year, while CJ2K would cost $52 to keep (of a $200 auction budget), I think this grades out pretty fairly.T. Smith for S. Smith - T. Smith was one WR position better at the time of the trade, and they were drafted for essentially the same price. While I agree T. Smith likely won't be kept, he's been a better receiver and is younger so the chances of him being keepworthy are slightly higher.Richardson and Hillman for Stafford - At the time of the trade, Stafford was the 12th QB in a 12-QB system, where QBs in general score less points (1 pt per 50 yards, 6 per TD, no fractional scoring). This is the most lopsided part of the deal, but I don't think it throws it into "unconscionable" territory.Again, I made no bones about the deal having me as a clear winner, and I was still likely getting significantly more value even when considering keeper values. But I didn't think it was significantly more lopsided then the Luck owner getting Sproles, S. Johnson, and A. Brown in week 6 when all 3 were still productive. Luck was only okay at that time, but the consensus opinion is that he was eventually going to be good, which is why I let the trade stand, even though I thought the owner getting him gave up way too much. That trade received no protest from anyone else in the league. My main point was that a precedent was set with that trade that I used to justify my own. Perhaps I was wrong in that, but I don't feel as such. I think the fact that it was a 4 for 4 definitely contributed to the outrage, as well as the fact that I completed another such trade the same week, sending AP (kept for $36 next year) and Lafell for Lynch, Marshall, and Keller. Even now I debate the ethics of poaching last place teams for current year value. This thread has brought up a lot of good points on both sides, as well as some excellent suggestions for means of curbing such activity.

The main thing I got from this post is that I'm going to start using the expression "stink the bag" from now on. and what's a papershaker?

Users who are viewing this thread