What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kendall Wright... (1 Viewer)

cstu said:
At what point do people admit I was right about this guy?
he's uncoverable in short yardage...good luck with that. I've never seen a CB as quick n shifty as he is

Rotoworld:

Kendall Wright caught five passes for 44 yards in the Titans' Week 3 loss to the Bengals.

Wright was targeted a game-high ten times. He fell down on one of his routes, and was missed by Jake Locker on a couple others. Wright mostly caught simple bubble screens and pop passes. He simply doesn't score enough to be more than a WR3. Wright gets a boost in PPR, but Locker has been inaccurate the past two games. The offense will look to get going next week vs. the Colts.

Sep 21 - 5:47 PM

Rotoworld:

Kendall Wright caught five passes for 55 yards in the Titans' Week 4 loss to the Colts.

Wright saw a team-high seven targets, but got called out by coach Ken Whisenhunt after the game as a player who let the team down. Wright caught a first-quarter pass but fumbled it away in his own territory while trying to crawl for extra yards. After four games, Wright is on pace for a pedestrian 76-704-4 receiving line. He is one of the most ordinary receivers in football. Wright is more WR4 than WR3. He doesn't score and doesn't make big plays.

Sep 28 - 5:12 PM

Rotoworld:

Kendall Wright caught five passes for 55 yards in the Titans' Week 4 loss to the Colts.

Wright saw a team-high seven targets, but got called out by coach Ken Whisenhunt after the game as a player who let the team down. Wright caught a first-quarter pass but fumbled it away in his own territory while trying to crawl for extra yards. After four games, Wright is on pace for a pedestrian 76-704-4 receiving line. He is one of the most ordinary receivers in football. Wright is more WR4 than WR3. He doesn't score and doesn't make big plays.

Sep 28 - 5:12 PM
They sure changed their tune on him quickly. Gotta love rotoworld.

He didn't drop it trying to crawl. He faked out the DB and then tripped. While reaching forward the ball came out and they all scrambled for the ball.

I thought he was down since both knees were down. I didn't think we did the no one touched him bit anymore because that'd make him a sitting duck. It was a fumble and all but I thought there was a rule change to protect the players that would apply there.

He didn't drop it trying to crawl. He faked out the DB and then tripped. While reaching forward the ball came out and they all scrambled for the ball.

I thought he was down since both knees were down. I didn't think we did the no one touched him bit anymore because that'd make him a sitting duck. It was a fumble and all but I thought there was a rule change to protect the players that would apply there.
8.5" hands.

8.5" hands.
look at that video please. See the room there?

He almost always has that.

It's beyond horrible that the QBs can't get him the ball.

We've gone from last year where Wright cuts across the field every stinkin play for a four yard gain to....not even throwing much to the WRs.

It's a regular thing to have passes to them on the opening drive and last drive, there's almost nothing the rest of the game. It's horrible.

You can't evaluate the WRs with that garbage

Nope it was a fumble.

Colts previous drive had stalled about there and it felt like the Titans said "oh here take another shot at it"

Sweet long pass to TY to the one, Richardson TD, onside kick....game was out of hand quick
How was it a fumble when his knees are clearly down with the ball in his hand?

Nope it was a fumble.

Colts previous drive had stalled about there and it felt like the Titans said "oh here take another shot at it"

Sweet long pass to TY to the one, Richardson TD, onside kick....game was out of hand quick
no one touched him. He had made a lateral move past the defender and then....nothing, he just tripped

Nope it was a fumble.

no one touched him. He had made a lateral move past the defender and then....nothing, he just tripped
That's why I'm not a ref.

I dumped him and picked up Lamar Miller who I had cut previously. Glad I did this.

He's a guy who is going to have numbers that look better than they are at the end of the year.

He could have 80 catches and 960 yards. And it would be exactly 5 and 60 every game. Good enough to not really be worth the bother.

-QG

I dumped him and picked up Lamar Miller who I had cut previously. Glad I did this.

He's a guy who is going to have numbers that look better than they are at the end of the year.

He could have 80 catches and 960 yards. And it would be exactly 5 and 60 every game. Good enough to not really be worth the bother.

-QG
Agree 100%. Started him this week because Demaryous Thomas had his bye and this guy is nobody special. Cutting him Tuesday and grabbing jarious wright hopefully on Wednesday. I was expecting Kendall to be a consist 6-8 catch guy but I just don't see it anymore he would be lucky to get 5 catches a game.

Had to watch every play from coaches film that he has played.

My conclusion isn't going blow anyone away: He still gets open, but the quality of throws suck.

In dynasty ppr-league he is now a buy-low candidate as I think he has the skills, but the bad throws and luck is now eating his value.

He will bounce back eventually.

Maybe it's the amazing spectrum of QB play? :shrug:
You could be onto something. Let's analyze. Joke Locker, Charlie Whitehurts. Yeah. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Not sure if Mettenwhatever is any good but he need to be given a shot this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mettenberger played late last week and about threw it to the D. Bad mistake, of course, but didn't really get to see him

Rotoworld:

Kendall Wright caught six balls for 47 yards and two touchdowns and rushed twice for 43 yards in the Titans' Week 5 loss to Cleveland.

A frustrating player through the Titans' first four games, Hunter's big Week 6 box score presents fantasy owners with an opportunity to sell high as the Titans experience more quarterback woes. Jake Locker left Sunday's game early with a right (throwing) hand injury, and his status going forward is uncertain. After catching two TDs all of last year, Wright already has three in 2014. His perceived stock probably won't be higher the rest of the way.

Oct 5 - 5:47 PM

Rotoworld:

Kendall Wright caught 6-of-9 targets for 68 yards and a touchdown in Tennessee's Week 7 loss to the Redskins.

Wright's 14-yard touchdown in the second quarter was a thing of beauty, as he caught a short pass, planted one foot hard in the ground to deke the defense, and was off to the races through a crowded secondary for the score. Known primarily as a chain mover, Wright is now up to four touchdowns on the season. Wright is a safe, if not particularly high-upside, WR3.

Oct 19 - 5:55 PM

I have great news for Wright owners! I'm sitting him for Terrance Williams this week. That means he's guaranteed to score! I've pretty much gotten it down to a science by this point.

this guy is the most boring player in fantasy football history. just good enough to be rosterable, but no upside at all...crazy low YPC (9.3 this year) and doesn't score many touchdowns.

In start-3-WR leagues I'd be ok with him at WR3 but other than that...no thanks.

He has talent. Just not enough to overcome the outright bad QB play he has had his entire career. I'd hold in dynasty. His value seems significantly lower than his talent, and eventually the Titans will find a competent QB.

Have you negative folks seen him play?

There is nothing you can do about halves where there are 3-6 passes to the WRs and the Titans have had a number of those this year. If you watch and see no one on him...all ya can do is kick rocks really.

I loved that short TD catch last week on Walker's heels. He stopped short, two defenders collided another whiffed completely and he went up field for the TD. That's normal, not his greatest play, normal but his quickness and body control are phenomenal.

(playful)I think you guys are crrrrrazy to not be jumping on his bandwagon now especially in PPR.

Here watch

http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Kendall-Wright-14-yard-TD-from-Charlie-Whitehurst/4243447e-66cb-411e-b0c9-16038b35bf93

looks like nothing special, but in replay the safety wooooosh right by him, LB and DB collide as he scoots up the field

There is nothing you can do about halves where there are 3-6 passes to the WRs and the Titans have had a number of those this year. If you watch and see no one on him...all ya can do is kick rocks really.

I loved that short TD catch last week on Walker's heels. He stopped short, two defenders collided another whiffed completely and he went up field for the TD. That's normal, not his greatest play, normal but his quickness and body control are phenomenal.

(playful)I think you guys are crrrrrazy to not be jumping on his bandwagon now especially in PPR.

Here watch

http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Kendall-Wright-14-yard-TD-from-Charlie-Whitehurst/4243447e-66cb-411e-b0c9-16038b35bf93

looks like nothing special, but in replay the safety wooooosh right by him, LB and DB collide as he scoots up the field
I dropped Reggie Wayne for him. On the PPR bandwagon.

ive started this guy only on his worst games. with aj green being hurt ive been cycling thru crappy wrs and getting burned every week. guess ill give him a whirl again. this week.

Here watch

Wright has 48 targets, almost 7 a game.

Here watch

Wright has 48 targets, almost 7 a game.
5 targets to WRs last week in second half

Wright was starting to find a way in this horrible O last week, no one should be put in that scenario-throw the darn ball.

Oh but DE Klug returned a kickoff and reported as an eligible receiver-not in red zone either so Whisenhunt's creativity was actually present I guess

ETA Hunter two targets last week despite only missing two snaps. 12 targets combined for last 3 weeks.

New QB should mean short throws.

And what does Kendall do best?
Catch and not score.
I play PPR. I'd say Kendall is decent starter + since Wizhunt has been in Titans he has also scored 4 times. Good enough for me.
I mostly agree with you, he's my #4 receiver in my ppr. I like him there.

He's basically Welker with a bad qb. Really hoping the Titans find a way to draft mariota.

I have never seen a WR open on such a high percentage of plays in my life.

There was the same plan that every DC had which was don't try to keep up with those wheels on the short routes, let him catch it then hit him.

They play a team with a top defender like Cleveland where pride or ego have them actually cover him for a few plays. He scoots by Haden and still gets open. Their DC switches Haden to Hunter and goes back to letting him catch it then hitting him.

Last year was 150 (number not far off) 3 yard crossing routes. There had to be a "throw it downfield! Stop taking 3 yards when a man is open 12 yards downfield" conversation. That had to happen.

Larry Centers was a FB/RB for the Cards that had 100 receptions in the most boringly predictable offense and they too let him catch it like heh yeah you need ten yards, that ain't gonna work. Something along these lines was very similar with Wright, had to be.

Whisenhunt came in and said he was going to use Wright as a traditional WR, wouldn't say he wasn't used correctly but that he could be used far better. He still gets some short ones (some is fine, just not all) but when he goes on an actual route they don't hit him! He's got at least two steps on a defender and it's aww man what's the deal, throw it!

The previous season and this made me think Locker and Whitehurst have no cujones to make a difficult throw and will always take the easy way out with a dink n dunk throw or throw as hard as ya can at Walker.

Last game, they finally had a QB that could throw. It was obvious he and Hunter were running the same routes in opposite positions as Hunter runs a 3 yard crossing route and Wright goes deep. Nate didn't do a darn thing on one play but run diagonally across the field, yet the zone was "thrown" by that and it worked leaving Hunter wide open for an easy sideline pass. Walker did a hoops pick on a defender and Wright got open once. Wright was to go deep while Sankey, Walker and Hunter seemed to be option 1,2,3, Mett hit him for a 48 yarder.

It was a plays drawn in sand type offense for the rook in his first game, but there was some life to it. I was very excited. Like I've been saying, they don't even have tape to go over on how this play or that play didn't work, could run this route better etc. They haven't even tried with the horrid short pass offense thus far. This gave them something to watch and discuss.

I have the utmost respect for the Ravens D and this totally seems like a trap game after Big Ben lit them up yet they're usually awesome.... but I'm going all in for FF. I'm gonna spend some fan duel $, gonna start every Titan in my league and...this is what I've been waiting for. A guy with an arm, a coach who knows offense, some game tape for them to actually discuss, an OC with a desire to use Wright better. Everything is there, it's gotta happen sooner or later, I'm going all in

Users who are viewing this thread