What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kiffin to be fired today or tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/404.html

This site is backed by Raiderfans.net which is probably the biggest and best connected Raider website. So far they're the only ones reporting this so take it with that grain of salt, but according to their sources, Kiff is gone.

Sad day for this Raider fan. I sense Shanahan part II with this fiasco. Kiffin is a good coach and I believe he will be very successful down the line.

Rob Ryan is a another Al Davis yes man. Downgrade all Raiders if this comes to pass.

Good for him. Christmas comes early at the Kiffin's. Seriously. Do you think Davis and Steinbrenner drool back and forth to eachother? I think they have a "shared brain."

In the long haul, I think this hurts the Raiders - both from a fantasy and real life perspective. THe players may rally around Ryan or Lofton or whoever. Why? Because there might be less discord amongst the staff. But in the long run, the Raiders will be worse.

This is just Al being Al. He continues to want to coach this team from the owner's box, and the results are the same. Ryan can say what he wants, but I think Kiffin is the one speaking the truth. Ryan's "sucking up to Al" I thought was pathetic, but I think the players may like the fire that he showed.

As for Kiffin, he knew what he was getting into. He wants to be gone, but doesn't want to forfeit his right to the $$$.

Awful hire in the first place.Too young, too inexperienced.
I hear you, but keep in mind that Kiffin did elevate the Raiders offense into the 21st century from the bed-and-breakfast, seven step sack offense they had previous to his hireAll in all I'd say he has the makings of a good offensive coordinator at this stage of his career, plus this experience should give him a leg up as a coaching candidate in the future

Awful hire in the first place.Too young, too inexperienced.
I hear you, but keep in mind that Kiffin did elevate the Raiders offense into the 21st century from the bed-and-breakfast, seven step sack offense they had previous to his hire
You or I wouldve been a better OC than that project. That was an embarrasment to the league

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/404.html

This site is backed by Raiderfans.net which is probably the biggest and best connected Raider website. So far they're the only ones reporting this so take it with that grain of salt, but according to their sources, Kiff is gone.

Sad day for this Raider fan. I sense Shanahan part II with this fiasco. Kiffin is a good coach and I believe he will be very successful down the line.

Rob Ryan is a another Al Davis yes man. Downgrade all Raiders if this comes to pass.
:coffee: :wolf: :lmao: [jethrobodine]

Not minus not is not.

[/jethrobodine]

My main concern is for the Raiders running game. Not that it will disappear, but Kiffin obviously was doing something right since every back they've given the ball to in the last two years has produced.

Let's all get a lesson from this, shall we?

If you're going to have an owner who looks like Stephen Hawking, you may as well have him be smart. HTH.

My main concern is for the Raiders running game. Not that it will disappear, but Kiffin obviously was doing something right since every back they've given the ball to in the last two years has produced.
This had more to do with Tom Cable implementing the zone blocking scheme which better fit the blocking abilities of the raiders linemen..so that shouldn't change much. (unless a new coach brings in a whole new staff mid season which I doubt)

Awful hire in the first place.

Too young, too inexperienced.
The thing of it is, he was just about the only choice. Nobody else with better qualifications, was willing to touch the Raiders Head Coaching the job with a 10' pole.Unfortunately for the Raiders, it's no longer about them interviewing & then choosing the Coach they actually want, so much as it is them trying to interview & hire from a very, very, very short list of candidates who would be willing to take the gig. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread