What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kirk Morrison? Is he 'starting'... (1 Viewer)

homer jay

Footballguy
I noticed in NFL.com game book it listed Oakland as starting in a nickle and had Morrison as a starting LB. He had big games week one (not listed as a starter) and week two. Raiders and Ourlads depth charts list him as third team.Any info on this guy?

I noticed in NFL.com game book it listed Oakland as starting in a nickle and had Morrison as a starting LB. He had big games week one (not listed as a starter) and week two.

Raiders and Ourlads depth charts list him as third team.

Any info on this guy?
Morrison is tough to figure out thus far but he is now a worthy play. Week one vs the Pat's he was in because he was the nickle backer and they played the 3 wr sets so often that he garned 10 tackles. This past week, not only did he play the nickle, but he also played short yardage. That was him flying in and hitting Holmes behind the line on 4th and inches in the 1st qtr. If he wraps him up, they get the ball, instead the Chiefs went on to score. He played in all other short yardage and nickle situations. If what I wrote is confusing, it is because it does not make sense to me either. I would put him in my lineup every week going forward though.

Tom

#52 was lined up next to #55 for most of the game. So I believe that the NFL.com game book is correct. Defense DE 98 B.Hamilton NT 92 T.Washington DT 99 W.Sapp DE 93 T.Kelly LB 55 D.Clark LB 52 K.Morrison SS 36 D.Gibson FS 24 C.Woodson CB 21 N.Asomugha CB 22 R.Hill CB 26 S.RouttAlso Derrick Burgess looked extremely fast when he was sub into one of the DE spots. He got quite a bit of playing time for a dedicated pass rusher.

Users who are viewing this thread