What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kitna traded to Dallas (1 Viewer)

Jon Kitna's better than Brad Johnson.

Although TO will probably complain that Kitna knows Roy Williams better. :goodposting:

Looks like another year when it sucks to be a Lions fan. Myself included.
It really must suck to rip Dallas off twice in the same year. Kitna had no place in Detroit, although I guess he's a decent backup for Dallas (so rip off might be too strong)

BTW, I don't know if Detroit retained the same offensive system last year, but Kitna is already familiar with Martz's system which as I understand it uses the same terminology and route tree and protections as Garrett's system does.

Bottom line for me.

Jon Kitna > Brad Johnson.

I just hope it's a conditional 6th or 7th.

The #####ing about this deal on the Cowboys MB's is just plain craziness.

A shocking trade has been completed by the Cowboys Saturday. Going to Detroit will be cornerback Anthony Henry for quarterback Jon Kitna, who is expected to back up Tony Romo.

Henry has been the Cowboys’ right cornerback for the last four years although he’s been somewhat injury-prone.

However, the Cowboys must feel rather confident in first-year pros Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scrandrick that one of them will be able to start on the right side opposite Terence Newman.

It was thought that Henry might move to free safety this season. Instead, he’s going to Detroit.

More details to come.

- Nick Eatman

Link

A shocking trade has been completed by the Cowboys Saturday. Going to Detroit will be cornerback Anthony Henry for quarterback Jon Kitna, who is expected to back up Tony Romo.

Henry has been the Cowboys’ right cornerback for the last four years although he’s been somewhat injury-prone.

However, the Cowboys must feel rather confident in first-year pros Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scrandrick that one of them will be able to start on the right side opposite Terence Newman.

It was thought that Henry might move to free safety this season. Instead, he’s going to Detroit.

More details to come.

- Nick Eatman

Link
Holy Shiate

Interesting. I was never much of a Henry fan, but it's a pretty rare thing to have a starting CB traded for a backup QB.

Interesting. I was never much of a Henry fan, but it's a pretty rare thing to have a starting CB traded for a backup QB.
He was horrible last year and there was talk of moving him to safety anyway. It's a clear sign they comfortable rolling with Scandrick, Newman and Jenkins at corner. Which is a GOOD thing. I am hearing rumblings of Springs coming to the Cowboys.Also, the move clears 1.1 million off the cap (Losing Henry).

Personally I like this trade. Henry was a non-factor in almost every game. The two young guys they have can make some plays, hopefully this means the cowboys are secure enough in their (or at least one of them) ability to be a starter.

and Kitna is >> Johnson

Now this does bring up the question on what are they going to do at safety. They have to bring someone in. What they have will not cut it.

Show's how little you know.Anthony Henry is no longer a starting quality cornerback. Any team that uses him in that capacity is going to regret it.

Big Daddy Kane said:
T Bell said:
Show's how little you know.Anthony Henry is no longer a starting quality cornerback. Any team that uses him in that capacity is going to regret it.
We're talking Detroit here. We regret the day just from waking up so we're used to it.

Bankerguy said:
T Bell said:
He was horrible last year and there was talk of moving him to safety anyway. It's a clear sign they comfortable rolling with Scandrick, Newman and Jenkins at corner. Which is a GOOD thing. I am hearing rumblings of Springs coming to the Cowboys.Also, the move clears 1.1 million off the cap (Losing Henry).
Springs to the Cowboys makes a lot of sense, especially given Ron Springs' situation. I would even bet that Shawn would be willing to play for less money there.

I thought Scandrick did pretty well last year. This isn't a bad move. Something had to be done about Johnson.

Big Daddy Kane said:
T Bell said:
They started Travis Fischer last year. Henry can't be a downgrade.

Bankerguy said:
T Bell said:
Springs to the Cowboys makes a lot of sense, especially given Ron Springs' situation. I would even bet that Shawn would be willing to play for less money there.
If by play, you mean, watch the game from the sidelines in street clothes...then yes, I agree.

Big Daddy Kane said:
T Bell said:
How does he compare to Fisher/Bodden though?

I like this deal from both sides. Kitna is a rare QB in that he's shown himself to be a credible starter when he has weapons at his disposal, but has also shown himself to be a good teammate and ego neutral when it's not his time in the sun. Material improvement over BJ, for sure. Plus Detroit gets an able body on a defense that has holes just about everywhere.

:confused:
;)I'm pretty sure Detroit wasn't one John Kitna away from contending this year, and he wasn't exactly someone who that team could build around either. What's the problem here?
some people are incapable of looking at any move the Lions make without finding a way to complain about it and call them stupid. So far Mayhew has proved to be impressive in my book. he's twice now fleeced Dallas - in a few days Kitna was gone anyway, but they actually managed to get something for him AND don't have to pay him the $1m roster bonus. Sheer brilliance. There is absolutely nothing that can be complained about in this deal....unless you are someone who will complain about anything they do - of which there are legion unfortunately. that's the true foundation of why it sucks to be a Lions fan..the "losing culture" includes the fans.

this was on the michael irvin show a week or two ago and I mentioned it here. IIRC Nate Newton started it which is fairly interesting since he's usually on the show just goofing around

:cry:
:cry:I'm pretty sure Detroit wasn't one John Kitna away from contending this year, and he wasn't exactly someone who that team could build around either. What's the problem here?
some people are incapable of looking at any move the Lions make without finding a way to complain about it and call them stupid. So far Mayhew has proved to be impressive in my book. he's twice now fleeced Dallas - in a few days Kitna was gone anyway, but they actually managed to get something for him AND don't have to pay him the $1m roster bonus. Sheer brilliance. There is absolutely nothing that can be complained about in this deal....unless you are someone who will complain about anything they do - of which there are legion unfortunately. that's the true foundation of why it sucks to be a Lions fan..the "losing culture" includes the fans.
Ill give you the Roy trade, even though I think its too early to tell, but personally I dont think it will work out like Jerry wanted. But I would hardly call Henry for Kitna getting fleeced. Henry was not good last year, and is a guy that the cowboys did not feel they needed anymore with the two young corners. Now it was good work by the lions to get something for someone who they might have cut anyway. But had he been cut there is no sure way to know he would have come to the Cowboys.

Users who are viewing this thread