What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knox or Bennett (1 Viewer)

The Tribune is reporting that Knox will now be the Bears' primary kickoff returner ahead of Danieal Manning as well. Hester will still be returning punts.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7361032.story
Is this good or bad for value this year? Or neither?
Might be a difference maker for leagues with return yardage, I don't think it's either. Steve Smith returned punts for a while and still was effective as a WR. Obviously I'm not comparing Knox to Steve Smith, just making a point that usage on ST does not necessarily mean a diminished role on offense.

Just dropped my $8/$100 Lance Moore and picked him up for the $8. Outbid everyone by $1. People in my league were hot for him I guess.

I own Knox in one league but I'm not sold just yet. I need to see it play out a couple more weeks before I get excited... Too soon people...
You know, I agree to an extent. But going into last week I was able to pull Manningham off the scrap heap because of his "fluke" week 1 touchdown. But I watched the game and thought he looked like the best receiver on the field. This week, after his blowup, I was not able to get him in other leagues because other owners caught on to the fact that he's emerged as at least the WR2 for the Giants. The gig is up.I feel Knox is the same type of player. He's now had two week where he's scored and its been against good defenses. He torched Charles Woodson in week 1 but made a mistake on another route that cost his team. In week 2 he played lights out as well. I guess what I am saying is it is better to be a week early than a week late. He's shown promise and consistency. He's got a QB that made Eddie Royal a star in PPR as a rookie. He's got very little competition. I don't know what isn't to like about him. Throw in the fact that he still has the Lions twice on the schedule and you've got a pretty good bet.

Chicago target breakdown in two games

RB's - 12

TE's - 22

WR's - 39

Probably not a stretch to see a similar ratio going forward with about 15-17 targets a game going to RB's & TE's, which leaves about 15-20 targets for the WR's.

So here is how the WR's have broken down after two weeks:

WR's target total - Wk 1 vs. Wk 2

Earl Bennett 15 - 13 then 2

Johnny Knox 13 - 4 then 9

Devin Hester 11 - 4 then 7

The good news is that the "WR2" has received the most looks each week over Hester, the bad news is that it's anyone's guess on who that will be going forward. Whether Knox is an emerging WR1 or a one week wonder is anyone's guess (people thought it was Bennett after week 1). Right now, Knox is a dice roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really does seem like Bennett and Knox will be up and down throughout the season, as they are supposed to be splitting time in 2 WR sets.

Users who are viewing this thread