What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kolb to AZ... (1 Viewer)

'ImTheScientist said:
'thriftyrocker said:
While Kolb didn't work out, neither did DRC.The Eagles turned the 2nd into Vinny Curry and Brandon Boykin. Both of those could still be NFL players, but nothing great.
Does a QB hold a franchise back more than a DB? Ok, thanks.
Well, I think you could make the case that the Nnamdi signing was just as detrimental to PHI as the Kolb signing was to ARI. And ARI doesn't have to pay Kolb $4m "go away" money this year.ARI was ready to move away from Kolb last year, they just couldn't find anyone better. Kolb was due $7m roster bonus, and they really didn't want to pay it. But their draft pick wasn't good enough, and they didn't get Peyton, so they went back to him as the best bad option.Let's say Peyton picks ARI instead of DEN. They would have gladly showed Kolb the door after only 1 year. How exactly were they held back. They were held back because Elway/snow was better than Whizz/sun.
Nnamdi was traded for Kolb? Petyon went to Arizona?
By referencing NNamdi, I am just providing evidence against your claim that a QB held a franchise back more than a DB. ARI was not really held back by the Kolb deal. They were ready and willing to move past him after year 1. That is not being held back. PHI was less able to move past the Nnamdi signing, both after year 1, and today given the $4m bailout.The Kolb trade was a "lose/lose" trade. The value PHI got back wasn't great either. ARI got a gunshy backup QB who went 6-8 but the Eagles got a heartless CB who only started for them 1 yr, and a mid-2nd that they turned into defensive depth players.Not really sure why you're being curt or snippy. I know you're just posting here to pat yourself on the back for your great foresight in seeing Kolb would be a bust, but that doesn't make the DRC/2nd side look any more like a windfall.
If that is evidence I hope you don't anticipate a career in law.

I read a stat last year that since he was traded to AZ, Kolb started 15 games, played in a few others, but was sacked 57 times....he ain't Brady, but the guy never had a chance most of the time.

Cardinals informed Kevin Kolb of his release.Per The Sideline View's Adam Caplan, the sides "discussed various options for him to return," but could not come to an agreement. Interesting, Caplan reports Arizona has "left the door open" for Kolb to return. Kolb would be returning to a competition with Brian Hoyer and Drew Stanton — at the very least — while earning a bargain-basement salary, so we fully expect him to move on. The Jets, Bills and Browns are all possible landing spots.
Not a moment too soon. Will be fun watching him try to throw in the winds in New York or Buffalo. Or for Chud's vertical scheme in Cleveland.Maybe 3rd time's a charm for the middling talent.

Funny watching the trolls come out now but were no where to be found when he was playing well last year.

Will be fun watching him try to throw in the winds in New York or Buffalo. Or for Chud's vertical scheme in Cleveland.Maybe 3rd time's a charm for the middling talent.
Agree with the Cards decision to move on here. The guy is too limited throwing the football to be a franchise QB. I think he can be a solid backup NFL QB. Not a good fit for Arians's vertical system. And I think Kolb probably realized that too. And given they've locked up both Stanton and Hoyer (with the possibility of drafting Geno or awaiting Palmer's possible release), the paycut offered was likely very substantial. I think the Jets with Mornhinweg there now is probably the best landing spot for his talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who's left now?Kolb, Skelton, Hoyer, Lindey?
Stanton,Skelton,Hoyer, LindleySkelton won't be around much longer with the addition of Stanton. Neither may Lindley (I'm unsure of his practice squad eligibility). That'd likely be the only remote way he'd return. Odds are heavily favored they just cut ties with him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread