What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rudolph (7 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

The Vikings expect Kyle Rudolph (sports-hernia operation) to beat his eight-week timetable.

That's why he's been held off injured reserve/designated to return. Rudolph also admitted the injury had been bothering him since early August. It's good news that the Vikes are optimistic about his status, but at the bare minimum, we'd sill expect Rudolph to miss another month of action. He shouldn't be expected back before Week 11. The Vikings are on bye in Week 10.

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Sep 29 - 1:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph (groin) said his goal is to return for Week 11 against the Bears.

Rudolph underwent sports hernia surgery on September 25. He's been cleared to resume strenuous activity as the Vikings head into their bye. "I've got to get myself in football shape," he said. "In my mind, I have two weeks to get ready so I'm going to do everything I can to get out there then." Backup Chase Ford has posted 11-129-1 over the last two weeks, highlighting the kind of upside Rudolph can have in this Norv Turner offense. He's a red-zone maven (13 touchdowns in 26 career games) and was lining up in the slot plenty before his Week 3 injury.

Related: Chase Ford

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
Nov 3 - 10:43 AM

Rudolph might return week 11 vs the Bears, who are allowing the most FF points per game to TEs.

He's returning post sports hernia recovery.

I'm considering adding him and cutting bait on Heath Miller, Vernon Davis is also killing me. I see upside with Rudolph.

Cord Patterson is not getting worked in and now he is dinged.

Jennings is sort of a default option in the passing game.

Rudolph I believe was playing in the slot - but with Cassell.

Ford has been tearing it up the last 2 games as the game starts to click for Teddy.

If AP comes back, that should really open things up in the passing game.

I really think Rudolph can be terrific upon his return. My sole concern is is his health and how close to 100% he will be come week 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
VikingFrog said:
Grabbed him early to cover Olson's bye, or even replace him if he looks good.
I did the same.. I'm worried about Olsen because lately he stays in to block so often with the o-line issues.

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph (groin) returned to practice Wednesday, getting in a limited session.

It puts Rudolph on track to return from September sports-hernia surgery this week, as he's been planning all along. We'd like to see him upgraded to "full" before the weekend, but Rudolph is worth owning in all formats as a potential stretch-run TE1. Chase Ford has been filling in at tight end in Rudolph's absence.

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter
Nov 12 - 4:34 PM

Can we see him being a top 5 TE here on out? Other than Graham, Gronk, Thomas and maybe Gates it seems to be a cluster mess with no one being consistent. Rudolph has as good of a chance as anyone who was not already named. On a team with no one else stepping up to be the #1 passing option, already a RZ threat in his short career, and Teddy seems to like throwing to the TE if to take his chemistry with Ford the last few games.

The next Teir is Olsen, Bennett, Allen and Kelce with maybe Donnell. They are either inconsistent or reliant on TDs.

My prediction is Rudolph is waiver wire gold for those who need a TE this late int he season. Next 4 teams are @CHI, GB, CAR and NYJ in week 14. Sign me up please.

Edit: And the TE whisperer of Norv as his OC bodes well too.

Curious if he plays who guys would start him over? Start him over Donnell? Rivera? wait a week and see?
If Donnell or Rivera were available in my league, I would start them over Rudolph at least for this week.
Full practice today for Rudolph. It's either him or Rivera (or Ertz but not touching him). If he's 100% I'm leaning Rudolph. SD pass D a little stingier than the porous Bears.

I wish I had other options but I have to start either him or Clay (who plays tonight). So I have to make my decision pretty quickly.

I always like to see one week back and then make my decision from there. But it sounds like he's gonna be thrown right into it.

Might go with Clay though just in case they ease him in.

I wish I had other options but I have to start either him or Clay (who plays tonight). So I have to make my decision pretty quickly.

I always like to see one week back and then make my decision from there. But it sounds like he's gonna be thrown right into it.

Might go with Clay though just in case they ease him in.
Me too. It's been a long year at the TE position for me. :bag:

im proly gonna roll with him as a flex in te premium scoring. other options are crabtree, jstewart, or ww fodder. i need upside and those guys dont provide it. i guess rudolph does as hes an unknown. my worry is that ford remains an important part of the offense and limits rudolph's snaps. and, also, that rudolph lacks rapport with bridgewater.

im proly gonna roll with him as a flex in te premium scoring. other options are crabtree, jstewart, or ww fodder. i need upside and those guys dont provide it. i guess rudolph does as hes an unknown. my worry is that ford remains an important part of the offense and limits rudolph's snaps. and, also, that rudolph lacks rapport with bridgewater.
Damn time to bail of this train if this guy thinks he's a good play.,

Chicago has surrendered 7 TDs to TEs in the last 3 games. They are the no. 1 most FFPA to TEs this year. Their defense has surrendered 50+ points in 2 straight games. They have had the worst defensive performance since the 1923 Rochester Jeffersons.

I think Taft was president then.

I've struggled with Rudolph vs Rivera, I'm going Rudy here.

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph - TE - Vikings

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer hinted Kyle Rudolph could be on a snap count during his first game back from sports-hernia surgery.

"Well have a plan for him on how many plays well want to use him in," Zimmer said. "Well be smart with him." Rudolph has not played since Week 3, but was able to get in full practices on Thursday and Friday. Despite the workload concerns, he is an attractive streaming option against a Bears defense that has given up seven touchdowns to tight ends in the last three games.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Nov 15 - 12:09 PM

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph played on 14-of-47 snaps (29.7 percent) in Sunday's loss to the Bears.
In his first game off sports hernia surgery, Rudolph primarily played in passing situations. Rhett Ellison (24 snaps) and Chase Ford (22) were the early-down tight ends. It was still disappointing to see Rudolph get zero targets in the best matchup he'll see all season. With Teddy Bridgewater struggling and a tough spot against Green Bay in Week 12, Rudolph is better left as a bench hold.

Source: ESPN.com
Nov 17 - 10:32 AM

Why is that? Maybe the turds are the people who made a bad decision and started a guy coming back from an injury his first week back. :shrug: I happen to think this guy has talent, but maybe he can get into game shape first before we call him names.

didnt really think he was a good play. just didnt have anyone else.

btw, it would kill you to learn how much money i make at this game.

So what are we looking at moving forward...saw him split out in the slot one of the few plays I got to see from that game. Can Bridgewater make him viable?

cvnpoka said:

No pics no proof. You have almost been dead wrong on every post I've seen of yours.

cvnpoka said:

No pics no proof. You have almost been dead wrong on every post I've seen of yours.
read more of my posts? im hardly ever wrong bc i hardly ever make predictions. usually just state facts. i guess if you take such issue with facts then you must really be struggling.

In a must win situation and picked up Rudolph last week to cover Olson this week.

Will he be startable? Or should someone in a desperate situation look to the wire for someone with a higher floor?

In a must win situation and picked up Rudolph last week to cover Olson this week.

Will he be startable? Or should someone in a desperate situation look to the wire for someone with a higher floor?
Ur a viking homer and u dont know??? Whats the talk around town??
Live in Texas, so no real word "around town". Snap count is what worries me.Only few other blogs and insiders I follow are covering the AP issue in mass quantities.

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph played on 61-of-69 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Packers.

In his first game off sports hernia surgery in Week 11, Rudolph played on just 14 snaps and had no catches. The chains were taken off Sunday, as he went 3-50-0 on five targets and got back to a near every-down role. Given the thin state of the tight end position and Rudolph's red-zone chops, he's a TE1 candidate against the Panthers in Week 13.

Source: profootballfocus.com
Nov 24 - 10:47 AM

With Jordan Reed hurt again Im happy I was able to get Rudolph off the waiver wire a week before he came back.....I hope for top 10 TE production the rest of the way

Rotoworld:

Vikings OC Norv Turner admits TE Kyle Rudolph (groin) still isn't 100 percent.

Norval doesn't expect Rudolph to be back to full health until next season. Rudolph missed Weeks 4-10 after undergoing sports-hernia surgery, and has just seven catches in four games since returning. The No. 43 overall pick of the 2011 draft, Rudolph's career has thus far been an injury-prone disappointment.

Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter

Dec 11 - 2:01 PM

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph (ankle, knee) remained sidelined Thursday.

Rudolph is beginning to look shaky for Sunday's trip to Miami. Rudolph is coming off his first effective game of 2014, but will be difficult to trust as a TE2 at far less than 100 percent health. Rudolph has admitted his groin remains an issue in addition to his knee and ankle ailments. Chase Ford will start at tight end if Rudolph sits in South Beach.

Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter

Dec 18 - 3:54 PM

Rotoworld:

Kyle Rudolph has missed 16 games over his four seasons with the Vikings.

Rudolph was also consistently in the training room at Notre Dame, meaning he has played just two full seasons over his last six. He's been hampered by foot fracture, knee sprain, ankle sprain, hamstring pull and abdominal tear, leading to an injury-prone label. "I'd like to think no one in the league works harder than I do to stay healthy and take care of my body, but the bottom line is I haven't been, and the only way to get rid of those questions is to play 16 games," he said. Rudolph has TE1 upside as a red-zone threat for Teddy Bridgewater, but profiles more as a TE2 for now.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
Feb 17 - 11:17 AM

Users who are viewing this thread