What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

L. Jordan (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
Jordan has a great opportunity to be a top 5 fantasy RB this year. I like this article because it really says a lot about Jordan's character. Jordan is a great team player, and will be a top 10 RB for the next 3-5 years. Being that I have Jordan in my main dynasty league I can't say enough good things about him.

In a Rush

January 11, 2006

By Panos Pappas

RB LaMont Jordan (34) scored three rushing touchdowns against the Buffalo Bills, tying a team record.

In March of 2005, the Silver and Black made a giant step by signing one of the NFL's most sought-after free agents, RB LaMont Jordan. Jordan packed his determination and will to win, and brought those qualities with him to Oakland. In 2005, Jordan became the first Raiders player to rush for 1,000 yards in a season since Tyrone Wheatley accomplished the feat in 2000. Jordan ended the campaign with 1,025 yards on the ground, and finished second on the team with 70 receptions out of the backfield.

Growing up in Suitland, Maryland, Jordan's passion for sports came at an early age. Competing and excelling in basketball, baseball, swimming, and track, Jordan's original passion was a sport that did not even have organized leagues in his city - volleyball. Jordan reached high school and with no volleyball leagues around, he needed to find a sport which he could play during the fall. He decided to play football and tried out for the team at the beginning of his freshman year, but he was promptly cut.

After being cut from the team, Jordan's morale and self-esteem had become very low. Having previously struggled in school, the ninth-grader was on the verge of heading towards a destructive path.

"I didn't care about school before I got to high school and at that time of my life I just didn't think anybody cared," Jordan reflected. "I was pretty much falling down a bad path." Fortunately for Jordan, someone did care, and helped him realize the importance of school and discipline.

"The person who changed my life the most was my ninth-grade government teacher, Mr. Robertson," he said. "I got to high school and he would stay after school with me even though I didn't need help and would go over certain things with me. Once I learned the lesson of the week, I would go ahead and learn the next week. He would always show me that he cared."

After a couple of years of playing baseball for his high school, Jordan knew that he had developed into a good athlete, but did not know if his skills were good enough to earn him a college scholarship. By the beginning of his junior year, he began to think what he was going to do if sports didn't work out for him.

"The NFL has always been my dream, but when I first thought about college, I wanted to be a math teacher," said the 5'10", 230-pounder. "My first major was math education. Before all the big schools came, I took a black college tour. I was going to go to North Carolina Central, try to play ball down there, and get my education."

RB LaMont Jordan (34) scored on a 17-yard screen pass in the Raiders win over the Titans.

Tony Gonzales

It was during his junior year of high school when LaMont Jordan developed into one of the state's elite athletes. By the beginning of his senior year, his physical and mental development were clearly above and beyond most high school athletes. His ability to avoid opposing defenders, catch the ball out of the backfield, along with his tremendous get-away speed, earned Jordan several football scholarship offers from large college football programs. Wanting to be close to his family, friends, and hometown, Jordan accepted a scholarship at the University of Maryland.

At Maryland, Jordan set every major rushing record for the Terrapins. He finished his collegiate career as the school's all-time leading rusher with 4,147 yards, and held school records for most rushing attempts (807), 100-yard rushing games (18), total plays from scrimmage (888), and total yards from scrimmage (4,980). After earning first-team All-ACC and second-team All-American honors as a junior, it was clear that an NFL career was a possibility for Jordan. It became a reality after his senior year, where he rushed for 11 touchdowns and was a semi-finalist for the Doak Walker Award, given annually to the nation's best collegiate running back.

During the 2001 NFL Draft, the New York Jets selected Jordan with their second-round pick (49th overall). With an established running back in Curtis Martin ahead of him on the depth chart, Jordan spent much of the next four years trying to make the most out of limited carries and playing on special teams. Although frustrated at times, Jordan's patience and ability to learn the game by watching and observing allowed him to get a better understanding of the game.

"I knew I had to be patient and that I would get my chance, but the hardest thing was knowing what I was capable of doing on the field and not being able to show it," he said. Knowing that his opportunity would come to be an every down player, Jordan maximized his limited role in 2004 by leading the NFL with 5.15 average yards per carry.

When Jordan became a free agent at the end of the 2004 season, he knew right away that The Oakland Raiders would be the place for him to get that chance to become a star. Having the opportunity to play in front of the Raider Nation, and play for an organization with a winning tradition such as the Raiders, the decision was made with ease.

"The fans create such an atmosphere that you want to go out there and play for the Oakland fans. They are die-hards," said Jordan, who finished second on the team in receptions in addition to leading the squad in rushing yards. "I tell people all the time, You have never been to a professional football game until you've been to a game in Oakland.' I had a few of my friends come out here; I had my mom come out here for the home opener, and they absolutely loved it."

RB LaMont Jordan scored two rushing touchdowns against the Chargers in Oakland.

Tony Gonzales

For the first time in Jordan's professional career, he knows that he is the unquestioned starting running back for an NFL team. Knowing that he will have a tremendous amount of attention on his every move, his discipline and work habits have helped him make the adjustment from reserve to starter with relative ease.

"It's a different mindset because I know that I'm going to play," he said. "I knew coming in with the big contract and all the newspapers' hype, people will be watching closely what I do. It is different from that standpoint. I knew I had to do a lot more hills, a lot more steps."

As impressive as LaMont Jordan is on the field, his actions off the field are of equal strength. His involvement in the community has been apparent from a young age. "I've always loved working with kids, even when I was growing up as a kid. I wanted to work with younger kids, mainly in sports," said Jordan. "In high school, I did a bunch of community things working with kids and I've always wanted to help."

Jordan also displays his appreciation for our country's military by wearing traditional combat fatigues before and after every game. "That's just me showing my support for the troops," he explained. "I actually want to try and raise money for a hospital back home. I want to give back to the troops and raise money for those soldiers that might have been wounded, might have lost limbs in the war, and who might not have the money to pay for it." Now that the 2005 season is in the books, LaMont Jordan looks to use his arsenal of abilities to help return the Silver and Black to the ranks of the NFL elite. Both he and his teammates seek and expect that the Raiders' return to glory is coming. Whether it is scoring game-winning touchdowns, or helping his community, Jordan's commitment to his teammates and The Raider Nation should give Raider fans plenty of reasons to smile.

I have loved Jordan since he was a rookie. He was always one that I felt was just rotting away behind another good RB (Martin) and just needed a chance to shine. Thankfully he was given that shot when he went to Oakland...

He did quietly well last year, and as a Jordan owner in several leagues, I was quiet happy to see it. The biggest thing that stood out in my mind, however, is that even though it seemed like the rest of the Raiders packed things in a lot early than after Week 17, Jordan was still plugging away and working hard. :thumbup:

I admit, I really like Jordan. But not last year. I'm just glad he was able to carry a full load for an entire year.

He had failure written all over him in that offense last year, and I'm quite frankly impressed that he came away with the numbers he did.

Now, a year later, and with a new coach and a new offensive philosophy, and hopefully a better OL, I expect him to be a definite top-10 back, and maybe even top-5. He'll be getting hella carries in and around the goal-line, and hopefully will still be heavily involved in the passing game.

Jordan has a great opportunity to be a top 5 fantasy RB this year. I like this article because it really says a lot about Jordan's character. Jordan is a great team player, and will be a top 10 RB for the next 3-5 years. Being that I have Jordan in my main dynasty league I can't say enough good things about him.
Guess again.And I realize you can't say enough good things about him...its past the point of a crush now.

I admit, I really like Jordan. But not last year. I'm just glad he was able to carry a full load for an entire year.

He had failure written all over him in that offense last year, and I'm quite frankly impressed that he came away with the numbers he did.

Now, a year later, and with a new coach and a new offensive philosophy, and hopefully a better OL, I expect him to be a definite top-10 back, and maybe even top-5. He'll be getting hella carries in and around the goal-line, and hopefully will still be heavily involved in the passing game.
BAY AREA MAN FO SHO!Yadamean

Jordan has a great opportunity to be a top 5 fantasy RB this year.  I like this article because it really says a lot about Jordan's character.  Jordan is a great team player, and will be a top 10 RB for the next 3-5 years.  Being that I have Jordan in my main dynasty league I can't say enough good things about him.
Guess again.And I realize you can't say enough good things about him...its past the point of a crush now.
Sorry Mr. technical. My keeper league.

I admit, I really like Jordan.  But not last year.  I'm just glad he was able to carry a full load for an entire year.

Now, a year later, and with a new coach and a new offensive philosophy, and hopefully a better OL, I expect him to be a definite top-10 back, and maybe even top-5.  He'll be getting hella carries in and around the goal-line, and hopefully will still be heavily involved in the passing game.
BAY AREA MAN FO SHO!Yadamean
I try to throw in some of the bay vernacular when I can. It helps relating to as many people as possible.

Am I the only one who thinks Jordan is getting way too much love? If it wasn't for the huge games he had against bad teams he stunk.

He scored 9 TDs rushing - 2 against Miami when they played the run for crap, 3 against Buffalo (31st against the rush) and 2 against Cleveland (30th). In the other 9 games he started he only scored twice on the ground and twice receiving.

He ran for 132 at Cleveland (his only game over 100 yards in the second half) 122 against Buffalo, and 126 against the Cowboys. Those were the only times he broke 100 yards all year and other than that he only had one game over 70 yards. He had five games with 55 yards rushing or less.

He got a lot of receptions because the WRs were unbelievably BAD, and Collins dumped off just to stay alive. If the Raiders get their passing game working he 'll get fewer looks. He missed the final two games due to injury and I think you can expect to see a lot more of that next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Jordan keeper league owner, I was happy with the TDs and receptions year, and that he was able to carry the load (notwithstanding the last few games).

BUT, I do have to admit I'm concerned about the poor YPC. I'm not sure if it's a function of the OL or him or a combination of the two, but that's definitely something to watch closely this year.

Am I the only one who thinks Jordan is getting way too much love? If it wasn't for the huge games he had against bad teams he stunk.

He scored 9 TDs rushing - 2 against Miami when they played the run for crap, 3 against Buffalo (31st against the rush) and 2 against Cleveland (30th). In the other 9 games he started he only scored twice on the ground and twice receiving.

He ran for 132 at Cleveland (his only game over 100 yards in the second half) 122 against Buffalo, and 126 against the Cowboys. Those were the only times he broke 100 yards all year and other than that he only had one game over 70 yards. He had five games with 55 yards rushing or less.

He got a lot of receptions because the WRs were unbelievably BAD, and Collins dumped off just to stay alive. If the Raiders get their passing game working he 'll get fewer looks. He missed the final two games due to injury and I think you can expect to see a lot more of that next year.
Agreed i was so disappointed in the second half i traded him away.The guy did nt show anything special running the ball , most of the times he gets tackled on the first hit he does nt have any moves. Besides that he scored 11 Tds most of them against bad teams he did no show me that he is a elite RB.

I watched Oakland every game last year.

Poor play calling combined w/ the Moss injury (he never really recovered) and the fact that the rest of the team seemed to have quit by week 10.

Turner never really did commit to the running game and they did not have a fullback to support it, let alone any creativity in playcalling or drive/desire by the O-line.

You forgot to mention because of the crappy passing game the defense had 8 men stacked in the box playing the run and the O-line was like a swinging gate. I'd like to know how many times Jordan got hit in the backfield, from what I seen it was a crap load.

Turner never really did commit to the running game
This alone surprised me on a number of occasions, considering how much Turner loves to run the ball. Clearly the offense was out of sync.

He got a lot of receptions because the WRs were unbelievably BAD, and Collins dumped off just to stay alive. If the Raiders get their passing game working he 'll get fewer looks.
To add this. His hands are not all they're cracked up to be. Last year he must have dropped as many as he caught.Overall, I was pleased to have him in Oakland though.

He scored 9 TDs rushing -  2 against Miami when they played the run for crap, 3 against Buffalo (31st against the rush) and 2 against Cleveland (30th). In the other 9 games he started he only scored twice on the ground and twice receiving.

You forgot to mention because of the crappy passing game the defense had 8 men stacked in the box playing the run and the O-line was like a swinging gate. I'd like to know how many times Jordan got hit in the backfield, from what I seen it was a crap load.
What are you smoking? Crappy passing game? Sure, Moss and Porter didn't light it up like everyone thought they would, but they both played 16 games, so something tells me that defenses game played for the passing game.Collins was 10th in the NFL in passing yards (Oakland was 6th in passing attempts) and Oakland's rushing attempts were 31st in the NFL, so I highly doubt that Lamont was seeing 8 men stacked in the box most of the year. In fact, I would bet that defenses prepared more for the passing game since Oakland passed 62% of the time.

Edit to Add: I didn't watch many Oakland games, but just pure stat wise they were a very pass oriented offense, so much so that their ratios were very close to St. Louis, Philly and Arizona who everyone would consider pass-happy offenses.

What are you smoking? Crappy passing game? Sure, Moss and Porter didn't light it up like everyone thought they would, but they both played 16 games, so something tells me that defenses game played for the passing game.

Collins was 10th in the NFL in passing yards (Oakland was 6th in passing attempts) and Oakland's rushing attempts were 31st in the NFL, so I highly doubt that Lamont was seeing 8 men stacked in the box most of the year. In fact, I would bet that defenses prepared more for the passing game since Oakland passed 62% of the time.
Moss did not play 16 games. He only played until the S.D. game when he got hurt early in the season. After that, he was really only a decoy and in my opinion shouldn't have even been on the field, but because Curry went on I.R. again was kind of forced to. Teams didn't respect the pass 'cause Collins didn't have time to throw deep, so you cover the slants, put one over the top of Porter and play the swing pass to Jordan. The reason the Raiders passed so much is because they were behind so much. The reason they were behind so much is because the offense couldn't sustain any drives. Even the defense was made to look worse than it was because they were on the field so much.

What are you smoking? Crappy passing game? Sure, Moss and Porter didn't light it up like everyone thought they would, but they both played 16 games, so something tells me that defenses game played for the passing game.

Collins was 10th in the NFL in passing yards (Oakland was 6th in passing attempts) and Oakland's rushing attempts were 31st in the NFL, so I highly doubt that Lamont was seeing 8 men stacked in the box most of the year. In fact, I would bet that defenses prepared more for the passing game since Oakland passed 62% of the time.
Moss did not play 16 games. He only played until the S.D. game when he got hurt early in the season. After that, he was really only a decoy and in my opinion shouldn't have even been on the field, but because Curry went on I.R. again was kind of forced to. Teams didn't respect the pass 'cause Collins didn't have time to throw deep, so you cover the slants, put one over the top of Porter and play the swing pass to Jordan. The reason the Raiders passed so much is because they were behind so much. The reason they were behind so much is because the offense couldn't sustain any drives. Even the defense was made to look worse than it was because they were on the field so much.
For Moss, I was just going on the stat line that said he played 16 and started 15. Anyways, as bad as he was, Porter and him still combined for @ 2000 yards, so it wasn't like they missed half the year.Anyway, as you said, they were behind a lot, so Jordan would have probably had quite a few rushing attempts in passing situations, not facing 8 men stacked in the box every rush. That was really my main point, the Raiders were a pass happy offense for a variety of reasons, they were not Pittsburgh were teams game planned for the run.

That is also why I added my disclaimer about just looking at stats since I am not an Oakland fan. ;)

He got a lot of receptions because the WRs were unbelievably BAD, and Collins dumped off just to stay alive. If the Raiders get their passing game working he 'll get fewer looks.
To add this. His hands are not all they're cracked up to be. Last year he must have dropped as many as he caught.Overall, I was pleased to have him in Oakland though.
Wow 70 is a lot of passes to drop.

He scored 9 TDs rushing -  2 against Miami when they played the run for crap, 3 against Buffalo (31st against the rush) and 2 against Cleveland (30th). In the other 9 games he started he only scored twice on the ground and twice receiving.

:yes: AMEN

As a Jordan keeper league owner, I was happy with the TDs and receptions year, and that he was able to carry the load (notwithstanding the last few games).

BUT, I do have to admit I'm concerned about the poor YPC. I'm not sure if it's a function of the OL or him or a combination of the two, but that's definitely something to watch closely this year.
Folks, how about looking at how Lamont looked and scouting him? We all can look at the numbers and make conclusions, but how did he look? Lamont caught the ball well last year. He had many receptions and he did have a few drops, but overall he was a good reciever out of the backfield and catches the ball well. Lamont has good power and is shifty. He has good speed, but not explosive quickness as his cuts usually aren't that sharp. His vision is mediocre, but his power speed combo can be really tough to bring down when he gets a full head of steam going. Overall, Lamont is a very capable starter in this league and while he is not elite, he can be your starter without looking for something better. If you ranked overall RB's and had them behind the same line I would think Lamont would be around 8-12 depending on your style preference.

Folks, how about looking at how Lamont looked and scouting him? We all can look at the numbers and make conclusions, but how did he look? Lamont caught the ball well last year. He had many receptions and he did have a few drops, but overall he was a good reciever out of the backfield and catches the ball well. Lamont has good power and is shifty. He has good speed, but not explosive quickness as his cuts usually aren't that sharp. His vision is mediocre, but his power speed combo can be really tough to bring down when he gets a full head of steam going. Overall, Lamont is a very capable starter in this league and while he is not elite, he can be your starter without looking for something better. If you ranked overall RB's and had them behind the same line I would think Lamont would be around 8-12 depending on your style preference.
:goodposting: I think this year though he will prove he is not only a top 10 fantasy producer but a top 10 NFL RB as well.

I watched almost every Oak game this year and people are underestimating how good of a season he actually had both as a fantasy player and as an NFL back.

:goodposting: I think this year though he will prove he is not only a top 10 fantasy producer but a top 10 NFL RB as well.

I watched almost every Oak game this year and people are underestimating how good of a season he actually had both as a fantasy player and as an NFL back.
His fantasy value is close to his real value. Last year I posted how everyone was undervaluing him. He was ranked as teh 25th back and I went on record saying that he should have been ranked about 13th going into the season. The one issue that is hard to figure with Lamont is that he is not that young and it is possible that he has already peaked in terms of health. Lamont is half a year older than Edge. i am not saying he is over the hill, but when you consider he is 5 and 1/2 years older than Steven Jackson is does make you think.

Tell me about it!

His fantasy value is close to his real value. Last year I posted how everyone was undervaluing him. He was ranked as teh 25th back and I went on record saying that he should have been ranked about 13th going into the season. The one issue that is hard to figure with Lamont is that he is not that young and it is possible that he has already peaked in terms of health. Lamont is half a year older than Edge. i am not saying he is over the hill, but when you consider he is 5 and 1/2 years older than Steven Jackson is does make you think.

I have to decide between L Jordan and S Jax in a keeper league. I keep sticking on this point about age. L Jordan does not have a lot of miles on him, but he is past middle age for the NFL. Let me be clear, I don't think that changes much for him next season, but it is a negative in a keeper format. I am more concerned about the Raiders than I am L Jordan.

I saw some indication that Zack Crockett might be cut due to Oakland's salary cap problems. If so, then Jordan's TD numbers should increase.

Z. Crockett did not vulutre and TD's this past season and L. Jordan had one of the best goal line efficiency percentage's in the league; so I don't think it makes much of a difference if Crockett is on the team or not. Jordan's TD numbers should be relatively similar this up coming season.

That is a joke of a statement as Lamont is not a Top 10 RB (non-fantasy) in the NFL. Lamont Jordan barely rushed for over 1000 yards with a 3.8 YPC and did so well because of his huge amount of dump offs and high proportion of TDs.

People are commending Jordan for a great season, and then are then looking at his YPC and chalking it up to mainl his O-line. I am not sure how anyone can say Lamont did well last year in the running game. Oakland averaged 3.8 YPC with their newly signed RB with even bringing in Randy Moss...and they averaged more YPC in the previous year with 4.0 with RBs like Zereoue and Wheatley, as well as in 2003 with 4.3 YPC.

Oakland had a similar O-line, yet had the worst YPC when Jordan was carrying the ball.

That is a joke of a statement as Lamont is not a Top 10 RB (non-fantasy) in the NFL. Lamont Jordan barely rushed for over 1000 yards with a 3.8 YPC and did so well because of his huge amount of dump offs and high proportion of TDs.

People are commending Jordan for a great season, and then are then looking at his YPC and chalking it up to mainl his O-line. I am not sure how anyone can say Lamont did well last year in the running game. Oakland averaged 3.8 YPC with their newly signed RB with even bringing in Randy Moss...and they averaged more YPC in the previous year with 4.0 with RBs like Zereoue and Wheatley, as well as in 2003 with 4.3 YPC.

Oakland had a similar O-line, yet had the worst YPC when Jordan was carrying the ball.
You're right Friday. Jordan is the worst running back in the history of football.Nah just kidding, I think the guys who like him prop him up to much and the detractors hit him too hard.

I think the best thing about Jordan is that he is an every down back, he gets the short yardage and goalline carries, he gets the first and ten carries and he stays in on passing downs.

BTW Jordans YPC was low last year but he led the league in YPC the year before so...well...there you have it. Maybe ypc is highly variable and slightly overrated as a measure of individual ability?

Tell me about it!
:lmao: You do realize that after the 10th or 20th drop they would probably stop throwing the ball to him, don't you?

Why are you so bitter towards Jordan? You've been ragging him since before he signed with Oakland. Did he lay down with your wife or girlfriend. I'm just wondering.

Why are you so bitter towards Jordan? You've been ragging him since before he signed with Oakland. Did he lay down with your wife or girlfriend. I'm just wondering.
Do you actually disagree with what I said?Do you think Jordan did well in the rushing game and is a Top 10 RB in the NFL?

You're right Friday. Jordan is the worst running back in the history of football.

Nah just kidding, I think the guys who like him prop him up to much and the detractors hit him too hard.

I think the best thing about Jordan is that he is an every down back, he gets the short yardage and goalline carries, he gets the first and ten carries and he stays in on passing downs.

BTW Jordans YPC was low last year but he led the league in YPC the year before so...well...there you have it. Maybe ypc is highly variable and slightly overrated as a measure of individual ability?
I may point out Jordan's problems moreso than having a crush on him, but that is to simmer down the love that is going around here. A Top 10 RB in the NFL....come on now. You are comparing his YPC as a BACKUP....LOL. Now I have heard everything. I guess Michael Pittman is the bomb, as he averaged over 6.2 YPC in 2005. Forget the fact he is a backup and is well rested and plays in the easiest of moments, had the highest YPC. LOL.

Jordan proved to be a good fantasy RB this past season because of the reasons you outlined, but that does not make him a Top 10 RB in the NFL. For instance...Aaron Brooks was a Top 12 fantasy QB for years, but in no way was he ever a top 12 QB in the league. Ronnie Brown is a better RB than Jordan, but he split time.

If people are going to have their crush on Jordan and talk like he is a god, then I am going to continue to point out his RB faults.

You're right Friday.  Jordan is the worst running back in the history of football.

Nah just kidding, I think the guys who like him prop him up to much and the detractors hit him too hard.

BTW Jordans YPC was low last year but he led the league in YPC the year before so...well...there you have it.  Maybe ypc is highly variable and slightly overrated as a measure of individual ability?
I may point out Jordan's problems moreso than having a crush on him, but that is to simmer down the love that is going around here. A Top 10 RB in the NFL....come on now. You are comparing his YPC as a BACKUP....LOL. Now I have heard everything. I guess Michael Pittman is the bomb, as he averaged over 6.2 YPC in 2005. Forget the fact he is a backup and is well rested and plays in the easiest of moments, had the highest YPC. LOL.

Jordan proved to be a good fantasy RB this past season because of the reasons you outlined, but that does not make him a Top 10 RB in the NFL. For instance...Aaron Brooks was a Top 12 fantasy QB for years, but in no way was he ever a top 12 QB in the league. Ronnie Brown is a better RB than Jordan, but he split time.

If people are going to have their crush on Jordan and talk like he is a god, then I am going to continue to point out his RB faults.
Not too hijak but why do you say Aaron Brooks is not in the top 12 QBs of the NFL? Can you give me your 1-12 please.

You're right Friday. Jordan is the worst running back in the history of football.

Not too hijak but why do you say Aaron Brooks is not in the top 12 QBs of the NFL? Can you give me your 1-12 please.
I am talking in real NFL terms, not fantasy.1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNabb

4. Palmer

5. Hasselbeck

6. Vick

7. Roethlisberger

8. Delhomme

9. Culpepper

10. Delhomme

11. Brees

12. Green/Bulger/Plummer/Leftwich

Brooks isn't even my top 15 of QBs, and the Saints seem to think the same as he was benched and they are looking for a new QB.

Hijack over....if you want to discuss this, lets start a new thread and see what others think as well.

Tell me about it!
:lmao: You do realize that after the 10th or 20th drop they would probably stop throwing the ball to him, don't you?
You do realize that you have to embellish a lot for people to get sarcasm on this board, and even then you have people to critique you.BTW, how many Raider games did you get to watch in Finland? Jordan dropped plenty more than 10 balls last year. To his credit, they were 8 yard rockets from Collins.

Tell me about it!
You do realize that you have to embellish a lot for people to get sarcasm on this board, and even then you have people to critique you.BTW, how many Raider games did you get to watch in Finland? Jordan dropped plenty more than 10 balls last year. To his credit, they were 8 yard rockets from Collins.
He dropped 12 balls to be exact.....which was WORST in the entire NFL.

Tell me about it!
Catching 70 of 82 catchable balls in a season is not bad. He has great hands for a RB. I think it is unfair to say L. Jordan is not a top 10 NFL RB after only 1 year as a starter. He had more then a solid year this past season in his first year as a starter and he has the all around game and leadership qualities to justify those that are saying he could be a top 10 NFL rb. He has to be at least considered as a top 10 RB in the game.

Is he a for sure top 10 back? No. But he at least deserves to be grouped with the maybe's.

Catching 70 of 82 catchable balls in a season is not bad. He has great hands for a RB. I think it is unfair to say L. Jordan is not a top 10 NFL RB after only 1 year as a starter. He had more then a solid year this past season in his first year as a starter and he has the all around game and leadership qualities to justify those that are saying he could be a top 10 NFL rb. He has to be at least considered as a top 10 RB in the game.

Is he a for sure top 10 back? No. But he at least deserves to be grouped with the maybe's.
He led the entire NFL in drops and you are saying thats not too bad and still has "great" hands. LOL. Are you kidding me?

Are you that infatuated with him?

He dropped 15% of the catchable balls thrown to him.

I can't find the drops for other RBs, because no other RB is in the Worst 20 for drops (7 drops), but I think I am safe in assuming that guys like Westbrook, Barber, Perry, LT, Edge, Davis, Jackson, Faulk, with a higher number of receptions did not drop more than 15%. How can you say Jordan has great hands when there are plenty of RBs who did not drop 15% of their catchable balls?

He led the entire NFL in drops and you are saying thats not too bad and still has "great" hands. LOL. Are you kidding me?

I can't find the drops for other RBs, because no other RB is in the Worst 20 for drops (7 drops), but I think I am safe in assuming that guys like Westbrook, Barber, Perry, LT, Edge, Davis, Jackson, Faulk, with a higher number of receptions did not drop more than 15%. How can you say Jordan has great hands when there are plenty of RBs who did not drop 15% of their catchable balls?
Not defending the drops, but if you ever saw Collins throw a swing pass you may question what was called a drop and waht was a crappy pass. Where did you get the numbers for drops as I would like to see the list. Thanks

Not defending the drops, but if you ever saw Collins throw a swing pass you may question what was called a drop and waht was a crappy pass. Where did you get the numbers for drops as I would like to see the list. Thanks
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leader...k=232&Submit=Go

L. Jordan does have great hands for a RB. The problem with his drops this season was not due to having bad hands. Now, if you were to not watch this guy play you would make that aquistion by soley looking at stats. However, many of the balls dropped this season by Lamont was because he began heading up field before actually catching the ball. Therefore the drops cam from lack of watching the ball in, not from having bad hands, which are 2 different things. Unfortunatley some people see a stat and make a false assumption about a guys hands. Also, I am guessing that at least 2-5 of those 12 dropped passes were iffy passes that were thrown by Collins. I am sure he will be working on drills to look the ball in because that was has major problem. In fact, announcers and coaches were praising Lamont for having soft hands and having a nice ability to catch the ball out of the back field.

L. Jordan does have great hands for a RB. The problem with his drops this season was not due to having bad hands. Now, if you were to not watch this guy play you would make that aquistion by soley looking at stats. However, many of the balls dropped this season by Lamont was because he began heading up field before actually catching the ball. Therefore the drops cam from lack of watching the ball in, not from having bad hands, which are 2 different things. Unfortunatley some people see a stat and make a false assumption about a guys hands. Also, I am guessing that at least 2-5 of those 12 dropped passes were iffy passes that were thrown by Collins. I am sure he will be working on drills to look the ball in because that was has major problem. In fact, announcers and coaches were praising Lamont for having soft hands and having a nice ability to catch the ball out of the back field.
Ummm, being able to catch the ball is what makes someone have good hands. I don't care if they are looking ahead too early or they just have stone hands, a drop is a drop. Koren Robinson has "great" hands but sometimes he just doesn't watch the ball all the way into his hands. :rolleyes:

What techinically makes a dropped pass is not concrete, but he still had 103 targets and only 70 catches, which can be attributed due to Collins, but the drops are Jordan's own fault, so there is no use in trying to deflect the blame.

Please stop arguing how Jordan has "great" hands when he led the NFL in drops, it is absolutely mind boggling and ridiculous.

If there are at least 10-15 RBs in the league with much lower drop %s, how can you argue Lamont Jordan has "great" hands?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound by saying the player who led the NFL in drops has "great" hands? :lmao: I see you are too far gone on your Lamont Jordan love.

Good Grief! I cannot believe we are having this same argument about Lamont Jordan again.

Last year there were basically 2 camps - 1 thought he was the next over-rated Barlow and some of us who pushed him heavily saying he was a top 10 back (NFL & Fantasy).

Low and behold Jordan had a fantastic season.

- Rushed for over 1000 yards

- Almost 1600 combined yards

- 70! catches

- 11 TD's

- #8 Ranking

That is a tremendous season. Not to mention that fact that he did that while missing the last 2 games, on an awful team that was always behind, with a wildly erratic QB, and an injured Moss.

Did he have a PERFECT season? No. He did drop some balls, and his YPC was under 4. But I can take ANY rb this season from SA to LT on down and point out flaws as well (LT - inconsistent the 2nd half of year, SA - not involved much in passing game, etc...). [i see those as even MORE room for imporvement next year.]

But again, the guy had a fantastic TOP 10 season last year - in just his 1st year as a starter on an awful team. To say he is not a top 10 RB (both NFL & FFL) is really just showing a personal bias against him for some reason.

Miss him AGAIN this year at your own peril.

But again, the guy had a fantastic TOP 10 season last year - in just his 1st year as a starter on an awful team. To say he is not a top 10 RB (both NFL & FFL) is really just showing a personal bias against him for some reason.
So if someone doesn't think Jordan is a Top 10 Rb, then that means they ahvea personal bias againt him?? Ya, cause its soooooo crazy to think Jordan is NOT a Top 10 RB. :rolleyes: SA

LT

Edge

Portis

Barber

Jackson

L. Johnson

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Ronnie Brown/Caddy/McGahee/Deuce

Thats 13 RBs right there that are better than Jordan and thats not even putting DomDavis, TJ, Julius Jones, Westbrook, into the equation.

Sorry....Jordan is not a Top 10 NFL RB.

I would be curious to see your guys' list to actually see who you think Jordan is better than to deserve to be a Top 10 RB in the NFL.

But again, the guy had a fantastic TOP 10 season last year - in just his 1st year as a starter on an awful team.  To say he is not a top 10 RB (both NFL & FFL) is really just showing a personal bias against him for some reason.
So if someone doesn't think Jordan is a Top 10 Rb, then that means they ahvea personal bias againt him?? Ya, cause its soooooo crazy to think Jordan is NOT a Top 10 RB. :rolleyes: SA

LT

Edge

Portis

Barber

Jackson

L. Johnson

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Thats 13 RBs right there that are better than Jordan and thats not even putting DomDavis, TJ, Julius Jones, Westbrook, into the equation.

I would be curious to see your guys' list to actually see who you think Jordan is better than to deserve to be a Top 10 RB in the NFL.
Please justify why you think:SJAX, RBrown, Caddy, Mcgahee, Dunn, and Deuce are "better" than LJ. I am basing this off of his performance from last year - his 1st year as a starter.

FFL-wise its not even an argument as he was top 8. Yeah, he may regress, but he may improve.

NFL-wise - Lamont had better stats, proved he is an every-down back, can rush, catch, and block. Watching him play proved that he is capable at every one of those tasks. You named some nice players and some who have Potential but Lamont, given the chance has Proven it.

--

At the end of the day tho, "Top NFL" will ALWAYS be opinion...only thing I can truly prove is fantasy-wise. And the book is closed there.

Ummm, being able to catch the ball is what makes someone have good hands. I don't care if they are looking ahead too early or they just have stone hands, a drop is a drop.

Koren Robinson has "great" hands but sometimes he just doesn't watch the ball all the way into his hands. :rolleyes:

What techinically makes a dropped pass is not concrete, but he still had 103 targets and only 70 catches, which can be attributed due to Collins, but the drops are Jordan's own fault, so there is no use in trying to deflect the blame.

Please stop arguing how Jordan has "great" hands when he led the NFL in drops, it is absolutely mind boggling and ridiculous.

If there are at least 10-15 RBs in the league with much lower drop %s, how can you argue Lamont Jordan has "great" hands?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound by saying the player who led the NFL in drops has "great" hands? :lmao: I see you are too far gone on your Lamont Jordan love.
Jordan was a top-10 FF back last year. What technically makes a player a top-10 FF RB is finishing in the top-10 in RB scoring. lease stop arguing about how Jordan isn't good b/c he only had 70 catches (70!!) when he could have had 85. It is absolutely mindboggling and ridiculous.If there are at least 20-65 RBs in the league with LESS FANTASY POINTS than Lamont Jordan, how can you argue that Jordan's not good?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound by saying the player who was #8 in the NFL in FF points is not good? I see you are too far gone in your bitterness over having missed on him.

[

So if someone doesn't think Jordan is a Top 10 Rb, then that means they ahvea personal bias againt him?? Ya, cause its soooooo crazy to think Jordan is NOT a Top 10 RB.
default_rolleyes1.gif'

SA

LT

Edge

Portis

Barber

Jackson

L. Johnson

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Please justify why you think:

SJAX, RBrown, Caddy, Mcgahee, Dunn, and Deuce are "better" than LJ. I am basing this off of his performance from last year - his 1st year as a starter.

FFL-wise its not even an argument as he was top 8. Yeah, he may regress, but he may improve.

NFL-wise - Lamont had better stats, proved he is an every-down back, can rush, catch, and block. Watching him play proved that he is capable at every one of those tasks. You named some nice players and some who have Potential but Lamont, given the chance has Proven it.

--

At the end of the day tho, "Top NFL" will ALWAYS be opinion...only thing I can truly prove is fantasy-wise. And the book is closed there.

Friday, thanks for the link to the stats. Bottom line to me is that Jordan has room for improvement with his concentration because he did drop too many balls. However, from a productivity standpoint in FF, he outperformed many of the guys you listed ahead of him, so you seem to be the one who has it out for Jordan more than the supporters. if you are saying who would I take if I were running my own NFL team, that would be different and if you asked me who I would take for the future for fantasy football, yes I would take someone like Ronnie Brown who I think is a slightly Rich mans Lamont Jordan. However, if you asked me about Warrick Dunn compared to LJ, I would take LJ anytime. You must stipulate NFL or FFL and then whether Dynasty or next year only. Tiki Barber should not be taken before Lamont for a Dynasty league is you ask me and I am a Giant fan.

I agree that Jordan had a very good year. And I hate to spoil your party...BUT:

The Raiders are in cap hell

Norv Turner is no longer the Head Coach, the RB's on Turner coached team are mostly top 10 FF RB's

With no disrespect to Art Shell. Coach Shell was basically black-balled after he left the Raiders the first time. He was a desperation hire by Al Davis.

IMHO Randy Moss will now be the FF player to have. Shell and his longtime OC will do what Al Davis likes, go downfield more.

But again, the guy had a fantastic TOP 10 season last year - in just his 1st year as a starter on an awful team.  To say he is not a top 10 RB (both NFL & FFL) is really just showing a personal bias against him for some reason.

LT

Edge

Portis

Barber

Jackson

L. Johnson

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Warrick Dunn, are you sure? :no: Ronnie Brown :no: , Julius Jones :no: Westbrook :no: Caddy :no: McGahee :no: Jackson, I hope your refering to Bo Jackson

Ummm, being able to catch the ball is what makes someone have good hands. I don't care if they are looking ahead too early or they just have stone hands, a drop is a drop.

Koren Robinson has "great" hands but sometimes he just doesn't watch the ball all the way into his hands. :rolleyes:

Jordan was a top-10 FF back last year. What technically makes a player a top-10 FF RB is finishing in the top-10 in RB scoring. lease stop arguing about how Jordan isn't good b/c he only had 70 catches (70!!) when he could have had 85. It is absolutely mindboggling and ridiculous.If there are at least 20-65 RBs in the league with LESS FANTASY POINTS than Lamont Jordan, how can you argue that Jordan's not good?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound by saying the player who was #8 in the NFL in FF points is not good? I see you are too far gone in your bitterness over having missed on him.
Jordan had a good fantasy year in 2005, I realize this. I am not arguing over Jordan's fantasy production though, I think you fail to comprehend this. A top 10 Fantasy player does not mean they are a Top 10 player in the NFL.

By your lame argument, you must think Joey Galloway is a Top 10 WR in the NFL as well, or that Kerry Collins is a Top 10 QB in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread