What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA Dem city council prez resigns after racist comments. (1 Viewer)

LA City Council just passed a resolution demanding the immediate resignations of Martinez, De Leon, and Cedillo.

Bravo. This is how racism is handled in my party.

yeah right. Just like they did in Virginia.
To be fair....the GOP was in control of both the House and Senate in Virginia at that time. I guess the silver lining there is consistency in the GOP? That's about the best way that could be spun. Obviously, that guy should have been removed and many said such in that thread.

LA City Council just passed a resolution demanding the immediate resignations of Martinez, De Leon, and Cedillo.

To be fair....the GOP was in control of both the House and Senate in Virginia at that time. I guess the silver lining there is consistency in the GOP? That's about the best way that could be spun. Obviously, that guy should have been removed and many said such in that thread.

I don't believe this was the case but I'm open to documentation showing otherwise.

Why do the Tuberville threads keep getting closed?
Because those threads aren't in the context of, "Tuberville Statements". They are being titled and talked about in the "Conservatives a Racist. You Guys are Evil" context.

Which, again, is funny considering what just happened with the LA City Council and Democrats on that council being the racists. In that case, those same people saying, "Conservatives are racist and evil" based on the statements of ONE conservative guy but are now saying "Well, it's only a few people on the Council" on the statements based on ONE liberal woman.
I didn't read any of them people are saying they weren't though. Some of those types of comments make it into any thread TBH.

That we can't have those threads open to discuss what the guy said is kind of BS IMO.

So we can have threads discussing Democrats at the city council level saying racist things, but have had 3x deleted when it is a sitting GOP Senator? Obviously both should resign, but this is a pretty jarring moderation decisions.
Yea, I don't get this.
Well, when you deliberately leave out context of course you're not going to get it. :shrug:
Just as those claiming tommy called anyone racist are leaving out context?

Okay, so what do you want the council to otherwise do??

The LA city council has acted appropriately. My issue is with the bolded. Tommy is acting like the Dems are some moral entity that always does the right thing, when we all know that is far from the truth. He is just showing his trolling tendencies again. It's all good.

She needs to leave the council completely.
She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.
Ridiculousness like this is why your party is about to lose in a landslide. No one buys this and knows this and everything flies in the Democratic party until there’s no other option to act like it doesn’t.

LOL at falsely claiming Trump rallies are any closer to the clan than behavior like your post, sad that FBG decides to allow behavior like this post. Complete falsehoods.

The LA city council has acted appropriately. My issue is with the bolded. Tommy is acting like the Dems are some moral entity that always does the right thing, when we all know that is far from the truth. He is just showing his trolling tendencies again. It's all good.
It's the LA city council and all so small potatoes but can we get some accountability for a certain orange someone who is sorta influential in politics.

I read the thread immediately after he started it. nobody had posted yet. Yes, he tried to group republicans as a party, as racist. It riled me up as he was using a broad brush & I was going to object but realizing the source it wouldn't have helped. yes, some hold the views that conservatives/ republicans=racist. Very tired & true tactic used for decades by Dems. I find it distasteful & hurtful.

Look no further than the present. LA Council members caught on tape making racist comments - the party immediately condemns the comments and demands their resignation.

Tommy Tuberville makes racist comments out in the open, in a speech introducing the leader of the Republican Party, Donald Trump. He’s cheered by the crowd, and the Republican Party is silent.

She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.
Ridiculousness like this is why your party is about to lose in a landslide. No one buys this and knows this and everything flies in the Democratic party until there’s no other option to act like it doesn’t.

LOL at falsely claiming Trump rallies are any closer to the clan than behavior like your post, sad that FBG decides to allow behavior like this post. Complete falsehoods.
Again, it wasn’t me calling Tuberville’s comments a “klan rally”, it was life long conservative and California Republican leader Mike Madrid.

Try again.

Again, it wasn’t me calling Tuberville’s comments a “klan rally”, it was life long conservative and California Republican leader Mike Madrid.

Try again.
You are killing your own party, fine by me. All you do is falsely yell “racist” and “klan” all day in an echo chamber, that doesn’t appeal to Amercians which you will soon see.

he's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

klan now? unbelievable.
no comment.

I read the thread immediately after he started it. nobody had posted yet. Yes, he tried to group republicans as a party, as racist. It riled me up as he was using a broad brush & I was going to object but realizing the source it wouldn't have helped. yes, some hold the views that conservatives/ republicans=racist. Very tired & true tactic used for decades by Dems. I find it distasteful & hurtful.
For the 8th time now, it was lifelong conservative and Republican Mike Madrid that I quoted in that thread labeling the Tuberville/Trump rally as a Klan rally. I even used quote marks, included the link, and included a short bio identifying Madrid as a conservative.

Do you know what these “….” mean? Or are you intentionally lying about what I posted?

It's the LA city council and all so small potatoes but can we get some accountability for a certain orange someone who is sorta influential in politics.
But Trump….DRINK! :banned:

For the 8th time now, it was lifelong conservative and Republican Mike Madrid that I quoted in that thread labeling the Tuberville/Trump rally as a Klan rally. I even used quote marks, included the link, and included a short bio identifying Madrid as a conservative.

Do you know what these “….” mean? Or are you intentionally lying about what I posted?
:lol: the Lincoln Projects Mike Madrid

he's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

klan now? unbelievable.
no comment.
You sure seem to have lots of negative opinions about me pointing out Tuberville’s racism. Any opinions on Tuberville’s racism?

klan now? unbelievable.
no comment.
You sure seem to have lots of negative opinions about me pointing out Tuberville’s racism. Any opinions on Tuberville’s racism?
Wow, shocker.

Where was your thread for this LA City Council fiasco titled "Democrats are Holding Klan Rallies Now"?

You had no issue running into this forum to start a thread based on some Twitter idiot, using his words as cover to call everyone in the Republican Party a racist based on the statements of ONE person (Tuberville). Now, hang with me here, you DID NOT start a thread indicting EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT as racist based on the comments of ONE person (Nunez). What you did, instead, was minimize it by saying, "Well, it's only one person.". Why is that? You just got done indicting every member of the Republican Party for one person's comment but now - "nothing to see here".

I'll tell you why: We've all read and seen your shtick before. You're in here every day calling conservatives and republicans racist (or some other "ist" or "phobe") and proclaiming that Democrats never do any wrong, have never done anything wrong, are as pure as fresh snow, can't be compared to X, if they did something wrong then it's not a big deal, blah, blah, blah. We LITERALLY had the same exact scenario happen THE VERY DAY AFTER you hid behind someone else's words to call all Republicans racist, except with Democrats this timem but you had two entirely different reactions.

You had a chance to step up and prove your naysayers wrong and blew it.

Last edited:
Why do the Tuberville threads keep getting closed?

Perhaps the same reason that threads critical of Donald Trump seem to be always shut down (like the innocuous one that just reposted his Tweets when he was still on Twitter).

Meanwhile we can't have a thread discussing mass shootings, but with some logic that I don't understand, a thread falsely accusing liberals of introducing materials into school curriculums with "fisting" and "rimming" in the thread title is left up.
Oh my goodness with the martyr complexes around here. You guys have ZERO ground to stand regarding threads critical of Trump. Those are ALL of the threads in this forum. Literally. The ACTUAL evidence completely contradicts your statement.

Really? A look at the first page of this forum only shows two (count em!) threads about Trump: "Truth Social" and the long standing "Trump To Infinity and beyond" and that is it.
Trump isn’t in office.

Where was your thread for this LA City Council fiasco titled "Democrats are Holding Klan Rallies Now"?

You had no issue starting a thread based on some Twitter idiot, using his words as cover to call everyone in the Republican Party a racist based on the statements of ONE person (Tuberville). Now, hang with me here, you DID NOT start a thread indicting EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT as racist based on the comments of ONE person (Nunez). What you did, instead, was minimize it by saying, "Well, it's only one person.". Why is that? You just got done indicting every member of the Republican Party for one person's comment but now - "nothing to see here".

I'll tell you why: We've all read and seen your shtick before. You're in here every day calling conservatives and republicans racist (or some other "ist" or "phobe") and proclaiming that Democrats never do any wrong, have never done anything wrong, are as pure as fresh snow, can't be compared to X, if they did something wrong then it's not a big deal, blah, blah, blah. We LITERALLY had the same exact scenario happen the very day AFTER you hid behind someone else's words to call Republicans racist, except with Democrats this time but you had two entirely different reactions.

You had a chance to step and prove your naysayers wrong and blew it.
Beyond this I assume everyone was thinking Tuberville's comments were pretty out of control, unbecoming of a US Senator, and were roundly panned?

Try again.
You are killing your own party, fine by me. All you do is falsely yell “racist” and “klan” all day in an echo chamber, that doesn’t appeal to Amercians which you will soon see.
It's as if you didn't read a word of TGunz post.

Tommy is acting like the Dems are some moral entity that always does the right thing, when we all know that is far from the truth. He is just showing his trolling tendencies again. It's all good.
I don’t think Tommy is doing anything that isn’t done by others representing their “team”. There are plenty of team red players acting the same way about the GOP that Tommy is for for the Dems. That doesn’t make it trolling imo.

don’t think Tommy is doing anything that isn’t done by others representing their “team”. There are plenty of team red players acting the same way about the GOP that Tommy is for for the Dems. That doesn’t make it trolling imo.
it got nuked immediately. for a reason. I'm not disagreeing with your comment though.

Try again.
It's as if you didn't read a word of TGunz post.
It’s always the same schtick, we get it already.

You had no issue running into this forum to start a thread based on some Twitter idiot, using his words as cover to call everyone in the Republican Party a racist based on the statements of ONE person (Tuberville). Now, hang with me here, you DID NOT start a thread indicting EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT as racist based on the comments of ONE person (Nunez). What you did, instead, was minimize it by saying, "Well, it's only one person.". Why is that? You just got done indicting every member of the Republican Party for one person's comment but now - "nothing to see here".

I'll tell you why: We've all read and seen your shtick before. You're in here every day calling conservatives and republicans racist (or some other "ist" or "phobe") and proclaiming that Democrats never do any wrong, have never done anything wrong, are as pure as fresh snow, can't be compared to X, if they did something wrong then it's not a big deal, blah, blah, blah. We LITERALLY had the same exact scenario happen THE VERY DAY AFTER you hid behind someone else's words to call Republicans racist, except with Democrats this time but you had two entirely different reactions.

This is staggeringly wrong in so many ways. I’m not sure if you’re intentionally mischaracterizing my posts or perhaps you’re drunk and unable to understand what I’ve actually posted. Either way, I’ll clarify briefly, one last time.

1) Lifelong conservative and former California Republican Party leader Mike Madrid described Tommy Tuberville’s openly racist comments introducing Trump at a recent rally a “Klan rally”. I used quote makes to make perfectly clear that those were Madrid’s words. Conservative Republican Mike Madrid.

2) Tuberville’s racist comments were awful and should be universally condemned, and he should be resigning from office instead of playing hype man getting crowd ready for Trump.

3) Tuberville isn’t apologizing for his racism. He isn’t resigning. There is no pressure on him to resign within the Republican Party. Trump did not condemn Tuberville’s racism. In sum, Tuberville’s racism is a virtual non-story on the right. And that speaks volumes.

4) Yesterday a tape emerged of 3 LA City Councilmembers caught on tape making racist remarks. Immediately one of them resigned her leadership post and the Council met today, formally passing a resolution calling for all 3 to resign. California Democrats are virtually unanimous in demanding they step down.

5) Today I jumped into the thread that was already started on the LA City Council and condemned their racist comments, and said they need to step down immediately. Zero defense, zero excuses, zero deflecting, and zero whataboutism. THEY NEED TO GO. Period.

6) If you don’t see how differently this is playing out in the two parties, you’re either not paying attention or you’re being willfully obtuse.

I don't believe this was the case but I'm open to documentation showing otherwise.
Apologies....I forgot the Dems won control of the house half way through the scandal, so the GOP didnt hold both the whole time. They did when the scandal broke and held the Senate throughout.

By the way, both parties failed to act in that situation. The only real difference in terms of the conversation that was being had was the consistency of the GOP. Dems are definitely not consistent on this. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they dont.

Last edited:
Why is Tommy trying to get another thread shut down? Is it intentional? The Mods clearly don't want us discussing the TT issue. I don't know why and think they should allow it but for whatever reason they don't. So please can we respect the forum moderators and not do it so they don't feel compelled to shut down a thread that has NOTHING to do with TT.

Apologies....I forgot the Dems won control of the house half way through the scandal, so the GOP didnt hold both the whole time. They did when the scandal broke and held the Senate throughout.

By the way, both parties failed to act in that situation. The only real difference in terms of the conversation that was being had was the consistency of the GOP. Dems are definitely not consistent on this. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they dont.

Tommy suggested that they always do. That was my problem with his statement. So, forgetting anything about the GOP and I'm sure you love getting your shots in there, but our little tangent here has accomplished nothing. You basically confirmed what I had an issue with to begin with. Thanks for that?

Why is Tommy trying to get another thread shut down? Is it intentional? The Mods clearly don't want us discussing the TT issue. I don't know why and think they should allow it but for whatever reason they don't. So please can we respect the forum moderators and not do it so they don't feel compelled to shut down a thread that has NOTHING to do with TT.
:yawn:

Which of his 6 points do you disagree with?

This is staggeringly wrong in so many ways. I’m not sure if you’re intentionally mischaracterizing my posts or perhaps you’re drunk and unable to understand what I’ve actually posted. Either way, I’ll clarify briefly, one last time.

1) Lifelong conservative and former California Republican Party leader Mike Madrid described Tommy Tuberville’s openly racist comments introducing Trump at a recent rally a “Klan rally”. I used quote makes to make perfectly clear that those were Madrid’s words. Conservative Republican Mike Madrid.

2) Tuberville’s racist comments were awful and should be universally condemned, and he should be resigning from office instead of playing hype man getting crowd ready for Trump.

3) Tuberville isn’t apologizing for his racism. He isn’t resigning. There is no pressure on him to resign within the Republican Party. Trump did not condemn Tuberville’s racism. In sum, Tuberville’s racism is a virtual non-story on the right. And that speaks volumes.

4) Yesterday a tape emerged of 3 LA City Councilmembers caught on tape making racist remarks. Immediately one of them resigned her leadership post and the Council met today, formally passing a resolution calling for all 3 to resign. California Democrats are virtually unanimous in demanding they step down.

5) Today I jumped into the thread that was already started on the LA City Council and condemned their racist comments, and said they need to step down immediately. Zero defense, zero excuses, zero deflecting, and zero whataboutism. THEY NEED TO GO. Period.

6) If you don’t see how differently this is playing out in the two parties, you’re either not paying attention or you’re being willfully obtuse.
not drunk now & wasn't drunk when your thread was started. yes, you had quotes. what was disgusting is/was your painting conservatives/republicans as the same as TT or Madrid. you made a blanket assertion saying the same. that is why it got nuked. just own it & move on. IMHO
out-Happy trails.

I don't think it's him trying to get another thread shut down, it's the people reporting the TT threads that are getting them shut down. I suspect the people doing this are the same ones who complain about others being overly sensitive and "smashing the report button".

Tommy suggested that they always do. That was my problem with his statement. So, forgetting anything about the GOP and I'm sure you love getting your shots in there, but our little tangent here has accomplished nothing. You basically confirmed what I had an issue with to begin with. Thanks for that?
Recounting actual action/inaction isnt really "taking shots" :shrug: I thought it was relevent to point out the Dems couldnt remove him from office like you seemed to think....example was off and doesnt apply. Thats all.

It's not my party but I appreciate this being done.

I hope the other party can do the same for Tuberville.

The other threads likely got locked because it should be rather obvoius that defending racist nonsense usually isnt a good idea here. Thats also likely why this thread hasnt been deleted....its being condemned in here.

You had no issue starting a thread based on some Twitter idiot, using his words as cover to call everyone in the Republican Party a racist based on the statements of ONE person (Tuberville). Now, hang with me here, you DID NOT start a thread indicting EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT as racist based on the comments of ONE person (Nunez). What you did, instead, was minimize it by saying, "Well, it's only one person.". Why is that? You just got done indicting every member of the Republican Party for one person's comment but now - "nothing to see here".

I'll tell you why: We've all read and seen your shtick before. You're in here every day calling conservatives and republicans racist (or some other "ist" or "phobe") and proclaiming that Democrats never do any wrong, have never done anything wrong, are as pure as fresh snow, can't be compared to X, if they did something wrong then it's not a big deal, blah, blah, blah. We LITERALLY had the same exact scenario happen the very day AFTER you hid behind someone else's words to call Republicans racist, except with Democrats this time but you had two entirely different reactions.

Beyond this I assume everyone was thinking Tuberville's comments were pretty out of control, unbecoming of a US Senator, and were roundly panned?
I know the threads were deleted but the one I participated in, Tuberville was being defended and certain posters were saying inaccurate things. Specifically it was said that there majority of crime is committed by black people. Which is not only inaccurate, it's also kinda racist.

I know the threads were deleted but the one I participated in, Tuberville was being defended and certain posters were saying inaccurate things. Specifically it was said that there majority of crime is committed by black people. Which is not only inaccurate, it's also kinda racist.
BIG difference between a larger % of a population committing crime and a population committing most of the crime or "the crime" as was said.

I'll tell you why: We've all read and seen your shtick before. You're in here every day calling conservatives and republicans racist (or some other "ist" or "phobe") and proclaiming that Democrats never do any wrong, have never done anything wrong, are as pure as fresh snow, can't be compared to X, if they did something wrong then it's not a big deal, blah, blah, blah. We LITERALLY had the same exact scenario happen THE VERY DAY AFTER you hid behind someone else's words to call Republicans racist, except with Democrats this time but you had two entirely different reactions.

Have the Democrats condemned Biden's many racist comments (which are out there and easy to find) over the years and called for his resignation from the White House?

(Note that this is not a defense of the Republican party, which I find vile)

Oh, my. You can't be serious?
It's already been explained how differently the TT and this thread have been handled by the "tribes". If you want to falsely equate them in this instance, go right ahead. Reasonable people know what's up.
Explained by the you and your Tribal Guys. :lol:

No one believes you or them and their self-serving "explanations".

Again, you can't be serious with that statement. You really can't see what you're doing?

Last edited:

Have the Democrats condemned Biden's many racist comments (which are out there and easy to find) over the years and called for his resignation from the White House?

(Note that this is not a defense of the Republican party, which I find vile)
Should "over the years" get him kicked out now? If people were concerned they should have condemned it and not voted, but it shouldn't impact his presidency now.

Or by over the years do you mean the last 2 years?

It's already been explained how differently the TT and this thread have been handled by the "tribes". If you want to falsely equate them in this instance, go right ahead. Reasonable people know what's up.

Again, you can't be serious with that statement. You really can't see what you're doing?
The Tuberville comments are pretty whack. Perhaps he used not the best language but he hasn't bothered to clean it up or explain better what he meant.

The Tuberville comments are pretty whack. Perhaps he used not the best language but he hasn't bothered to clean it up or explain better what he meant.

So, we're talking degrees of racism now? Your racism is better? :lol:

There were two entirely separate reactions to similar incidents, except one had one of YOUR team involved. :shrug:

No one is buying what you guys are selling.

There were two entirely separate reactions to similar incidents, except one had one of YOUR team involved. :shrug:

We are talking about both...well trying to but there is no other thread.

Most of the time these issues should be pretty easy. Someone says something messed up, if possible they try to explain what they said, then they are judged. Since their jobs are so heavily based on public perception usually what the people say heavily influences what occurs.

In the LA case they are busted dead to rights. Everyone seems in agreeance. Not much left to do here.

With Tubberville it seems pretty messed up to me what he said. He as far as I can tell hasn't offered anything to clean it up.

What do you think?

Feels like you're saying the same thing I did. It was two completely different sets of reactions to very similar incidents. One was "conservative" and one was "liberal". The reactions were DEFINITELY different and they really shouldn't have been. Both completely unacceptable in my opinion. Clearly, not everyone agrees with that position.

Feels like you're saying the same thing I did. It was two completely different sets of reactions to very similar incidents. One was "conservative" and one was "liberal". The reactions were DEFINITELY different and they really shouldn't have been. Both completely unacceptable in my opinion. Clearly, not everyone agrees with that position.

TBH, I don't even know what Tuberville said completely. We got a cherry-picked clip that started with "They". Who is "they"?

Racism is bad wherever it comes from, but one person was so passionate about the one of the incident he started an entire thread that called Republicans racist that eventually got nuked and didn't start a thread about the other incident at all. Only the protagonists politics were different. Guess which one he didn't start an incendiary thread on?

Users who are viewing this thread