What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Jackson Anyone worried? Championship Week 16 (5 Viewers)

I'll admit I took Goff a couple rounds before him.  I was targeting him but kept watching everyone take other QBs so I waited and waited...
10th for me. I got poached on Mahomes last year and didn't want to see it happen again.

The flip side of short rest is 10 days till next game. They won't completely rest him until a bye and home field are clinched. Players were wearing shirts after Thursday's game with the slogan "The North Is Not Enough".

I was only concerned about his injury coming into the short week.  When it was announced he was playing, that worry went away.....never bench your studs!  Lamar is fantasy gold right now!

Last week Lamar Jackson was in the "100% start" club in

@FFPC

Main Event Champ Bracket. This week 4 / 74 owners sat him. Also 7/261 sat him in FBGuys "For Who, For What?" Brees (3) Tannehill (2) Jimmy G (2) DeShaun (2) Russell (1) Mahomes (1)

I dunno about that most 1st round picks were busts this year. Mine was Adams. He's barely helped me this year. If I took Jackson in the first instead of the 9th this year it would've made no difference to my team. You can say the same thing about other 1st rounders too. The key to winning is take good players. Doesn't matter where. 
Sure but every round that goes by significantly reduces your chances of getting a good player. There’s a massive advantage in finding a player like Lamar or 2018 Mahomes at a late round pick value.

It’s possible they clinch everything based on Saturday’s outcomes.  Hope they don’t reduce his snaps. 

Sure but every round that goes by significantly reduces your chances of getting a good player. There’s a massive advantage in finding a player like Lamar or 2018 Mahomes at a late round pick value.
The problem with that is, I've found it's a lot like a guy blowing up on your bench. You might as well have taken a dart throw on Lamar and others according to ADP this year. He was like the 20th QB I found out a few weeks ago, though some saw run statistics and saw floor, and were thusly rewarded.  

The problem with that is, I've found it's a lot like a guy blowing up on your bench. You might as well have taken a dart throw on Lamar and others according to ADP this year. He was like the 20th QB I found out a few weeks ago, though some saw run statistics and saw floor, and were thusly rewarded.  
I think he was closer to QB14 and 8th round- which was a QB sweet spot with Kyler, Winston and Dak all around there. Lots of analysts were all over him as the QB to target.

Bottom line... Ravens have not clinched #1 seed even if Pats lose on Saturday. KC is 2 games behind but hold the tiebreaker over BAL so BAL would need one more win (or a KC loss) to clinch. All their starters will play.

Bottom line... Ravens have not clinched #1 seed even if Pats lose on Saturday. KC is 2 games behind but hold the tiebreaker over BAL so BAL would need one more win (or a KC loss) to clinch. All their starters will play.
I believe you.  I tweeted show to ask about their take.  Fantasy footballers...they’re normally great.  

“Ravens beat the pats, currently are up by a game, if the pats lose or ravens win, ravens clinch the 1 seed”. 

Nope

If Pats lose, Ravens still need to win to clinch the 1 seed because KC can still catch them.
Correct. KC has the tiebreaker so all starters should be playing...

...that is until BALT is up by 50.

Very concerned that a team who was vocally wishing they played for AZ last week doesn't completely throw in the towel. Gotta think if that takes place, Kitchens is fired on the spot.

Come on Baker/Chubb/Landry/Odel...give em a game! I want 50 from Lamar!!

This is a separate discussion which I will be taking up in the draft lessons learned thread at some point, but i think that you are almost always better off taking dart throws at new starters with the biggest upside in the later rounds.  low variance players early, high variance players late.  regardless of position.

This is a separate discussion which I will be taking up in the draft lessons learned thread at some point, but i think that you are almost always better off taking dart throws at new starters with the biggest upside in the later rounds.  low variance players early, high variance players late.  regardless of position.
Definitely. It's generally what I do. 

30 points... yeah, hoping for more but for some reason I see the ground game really excelling so he may not need to do much
Yea, but they love to play-action and dump off to the TE's.  They do that a lot in the RZ. Their Running game is so good, that when they do pass, its very efficient, and effective.  I'm not going to overthink it.  This is the best offense in the NFL right now, and Lamar is running it.

I fear how cocky some of you are. He has been at or below 25 points 5 times this year and in 2 of the last 4. I get hoping for 30, but not expecting it.

It’s crazy how high the projections are on fantasy sites. I’m projected a favorite but that’s assuming Lamar reaches that lofty score of 30+ 

I fear how cocky some of you are. He has been at or below 25 points 5 times this year and in 2 of the last 4. I get hoping for 30, but not expecting it.
This is right. Might be a ball control type game. A couple Ingram TDs inside the five and he can easily only have 18-20. 

I drafted him in both of my leagues and then traded him midseason in both. Now I’m facing him in the finals of one league. If I know anything about fantasy football, he’s going for 40+ guaranteed. 

(It’s possible I don’t know anything about fantasy football.)

I drafted him in both of my leagues and then traded him midseason in both. Now I’m facing him in the finals of one league. If I know anything about fantasy football, he’s going for 40+ guaranteed. 

Whenever I make these type of mistakes I also somehow retain the ability to know it's not going to be a good result. But I do feel your pain.

I think I’m rolling Duck Dynasty over him. Jets pass D as we all know BLOWS! Onward to the ‘Chip!

I’m kidding of course! Are you guys high? Are you actually wasting bandwidth on wether you should bench him? If I lose with him after he’s set the fantasy record for QB points I could live with that. If I sat him and lost because of it? I’d be looking for a length of rope and a high place.

After week 3 I traded for him as well. It was a pretty sweet deal that basically cost me nothing of value (Gallman and Rogers).   Me and that owner have played 3 times. Week 1, week 12 and the semifinals. Those were the 3 games 5 TD games. He scorched me week 1. Week 12 on MNF Lamar helped me pull off an upset after being down about 55. Obviously I knocked his ### out of the playoffs too. He said it’s haunting him and feels like he broke up with an ex-gf and now she got into great shape and is a fitness model on IG with 500k followers.

I'm very worried... that I will get destroyed by Jackson in the championship. 

I'm going against him if that wasn't clear... 

Users who are viewing this thread