What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Jackson Anyone worried? Championship Week 16 (1 Viewer)

I think I’m rolling Duck Dynasty over him. Jets pass D as we all know BLOWS! Onward to the ‘Chip!

I’m kidding of course! Are you guys high? Are you actually wasting bandwidth on wether you should bench him? If I lose with him after he’s set the fantasy record for QB points I could live with that. If I sat him and lost because of it? I’d be looking for a length of rope and a high place.
Nobody is benching him...... they are saying his ceiling could be capped compared to the lofty projections. 

Not a Lamar owner, but as a Ravens fan, I predict this to be another 4 or 5 TD show. Maybe 175 yards and 4 TDs passing, and 65 and 1 TD on the ground. 

The Ravens don't have much to feel bad about this year, but they feel bad about losing to Cleveland, 40-25. This is obviously a different team now and I think they are eager to erase that blemish from their record. Cleveland gave up 226 on the ground to Arizona last week after the Cardinals had averaged 89 rushing YPG the previous 4 weeks.  The Ravens are averaging over 200 rushing YPG this season. But, as Ingram owners will tell you, they still like to throw it it in the red zone. They shouldn't have much trouble moving it on the ground, but then I look for Lamar to finish drives in the air. 

To me, the Ravens changed on that 4th and 2 play in Seattle where the Ravens went for it and Lamar ran it in for an 8-yard TD. Since breaking a 13-13 tie on their last offensive play of the third quarter that day, they've outscored opponents 275-104 (or 258-101 if you don't count the end of the Seahawks game)

Extrapolating their 7 full games since Seattle over 16 games you get:
Passer rating: 130.9 (Rodgers at 122.5 in 2011 is NFL record)
TD passes: 50 (ties 07 Brady & 19 Mahomes for 2nd alltime)
Lamar rushing: 1325 yds, 9 TDs

And that stretch includes games vs NE, SF and Buffalo - 3 of the NFL's top 5 scoring defenses, 3 of the top 4 DVOA defenses according to Football Outsiders/ If anything, I think those games masked Baltimore's offensive capabilities. Putting up 42 on the Jets despite a fairly ho hum performance is more indicative to me of this team.

If you want to bench a guy who's been playing at a 59 TD pace for almost the last half a season, go for it

Gottabesweet said:
Nobody is benching him...... they are saying his ceiling could be capped compared to the lofty projections. 
Stop worrying about projections and ceilings. They have zero bearing on how Jackson is going to play. He could score 40 or he could get hurt the first play. 

If you're in your playoffs and Jackson is your best QB, play him.

Stop worrying about projections and ceilings. They have zero bearing on how Jackson is going to play. He could score 40 or he could get hurt the first play. 

If you're in your playoffs and Jackson is your best QB, play him.
Nobody is benching him.  The outcome of his game dictates what other ceiling vs floor plays you plug in.  

Splain, Lucy
If Lamar throws up a 40 pointer I’d be more inclined to start someone that would get me a 12-15 point floor score instead of swinging for the fences on a deep ball guy that can get me 5 or 30.  Lamar plays at 1pm so his score compared to my opposing QBs (1pm as well) will help me dictate my lineup at 4pm/MNF.  

No worries about his being benched...but apparently we should have been worried that he'd have less than 50 yards passing and no scores in the first half.

Cleveland playing unusually stiff defense today.

No worries about his being benched...but apparently we should have been worried that he'd have less than 50 yards passing and no scores in the first half.

Cleveland playing unusually stiff defense today.
Nice reverse jinx.

FairWarning said:
Just amazing.  I would like to meet the people who bet him to win the MVP at 200/1.
Hi, I got him at 55-1 in mid August and I stacked with with Bal at 30-1 to win SB.

My thoughts were that I had his upside at 3000/25 with 1000/10. I also took in consideration that Mahomes took a huge step forward his soph year and thought could do as well.  I had reservations about his comp% and if he could make the  throws he needed to, i watched as much as I could on him and his athleticism and big play making ability were off the charts.  Once they  drafted  Hollywood and Boykins after taking Hurst and Andrews the previous year i figured Bal was all in on Lamar and were totally building around Lamar.

I'll happily take a 4 figure score as he was fun to watch this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played him and sat Fitzmagic...😐
Turn in your fantasy football card now?

No, really, Fitzmagic had his four game stretch that left him on most people's bench and everybody scratching their head and chasing points. I think only the desperate caught them.

One thing is for sure, so far defenses have chased Lamar and had trouble catching him, too. 

Turn in your fantasy football card now?

No, really, Fitzmagic had his four game stretch that left him on most people's bench and everybody scratching their head and chasing points. I think only the desperate caught them.

One thing is for sure, so far defenses have chased Lamar and had trouble catching him, too. 
Happened to me a few years ago with Cousins and I took the title. 

Darn skippy. I benched him for Stafford that Wk 16 game, Dallas sat Elliott in the second half, and I was on my way to a weird title. 
My Cousins Story was the year before. I picked him up off waivers for my playoffs. He had 684 yards, 9 TDs and 0 Ints over those 2 playoffs games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread