What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamont Jordan vs Julius Jones (1 Viewer)

Ok, how bout if we shorten the requirements to ONE GAME where he's a feature back in the last year?

Hmmmmkay?
Whats your point. Both are unproven featured qualities as of now. Who is saying that Jordan is though?Or is your point simply that Jordan is less proven? I still don't see how this makes a huge difference, both are unproven in this case.

:thumbup: This is easy.Bill Parcells loves running backs. We all know drew Bledsoe can't carry a team on his shoulders anymore (if he ever could in the first place).So, unless Jones gets hurt again (which is possible, but unlikely) I think Jones may lead the league in carries this year and get close to 1,500 rushing yards. They have a good o-line in Dallas, a great TE, and the wideouts, when healthy, are good enough to keep the defense from stacking the box.Lamont Jordan could have a good season, but he has never been a feature back either. Norv Turner likes his running backs too, but that didn't lead to anything last year. I don;t think the Raiders o-line or TE are as good as those in Dallas, but the wideouts are better.My predictions: Julius Jones 1400-1500 yards, 10 TDs Lamont Jordan 1000-1200 yards, 7 TDsRemember, it isn't a given yet that Lamont Jordan will get all the carries from Justin Fargas, either. Fargas is a bigger threat to Jordan than Anthony Thomas is to Jones.

Again,the only way this debate will be settled is at the end of the season. My money is on Jordan.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, how bout if we shorten the requirements to ONE GAME where he's a feature back in the last year?

Hmmmmkay?
Whats your point. Both are unproven featured qualities as of now. Who is saying that Jordan is though?Or is your point simply that Jordan is less proven? I still don't see how this makes a huge difference, both are unproven in this case.
My point is that Jones is a hell of a lot more "proven" than Jordan. How could you have missed that?

I'm actually going to stuff Jordan on a team or two this year. Not because I like the guy; I actually think he's just an affable chump. I'll put him on my team because he's just the kind of 5 year loser that has never done anything and likely will do nothing after 05 - but for some reason he'll fall in for 20 TDs. Then I can crow about what a genius I am for getting lucky and a should-be wasted draft pick has a miracle season. I wish I had a nickel for every big dumb lummox RB that someone's said "oh just wait till he gets his chance after all these years of showing nobody anything" everytime he rumbles for 24 yards on 3 carries against a defense that doesn't give a ####. :football: Woohoo! Bring on the season.

Agreed.  Not close.  L Jordan could not take over C Mart in NY. 
Couldn't take over for a Hall of Famer who hasn't slowed down one bit!?!?! That is not a knock on Jordan, there aren't very many RBs in the league who would have started ahead of Martin, the guy is a machine!Jordan is very talented but I do think Jones gets the nod because of the TDs that he will score. Moss will take too many from Jordan.
Maybe I have a bias against C Mart. But I think C Mart was the beneficiary of the situation last year. Many other RBs would have done as well or better than he did. I did not see anything to tell me that this great season was mostly his own doing. For example, if Portis had been with the Jets, the stats would have been much better. C Mart used to be very good. But I don't see him as a dominant RB anymore. He will perform as well as his OL and overall offense allow him to be.
I liked Tim Allen's fictional TV show too. But, this wasn't as funny. I belive majorizen was his sidekick, no?Neither one of these RB's have proven they can be a feature back for 16 games. As far as losing touches, if Oakland thought Fargas and Crockett were so good, they would not have sold the farm to get Jordan in a year when there was a glut of potential feature backs available. That alone tells me Jordan's touches are safer than JJ's, unless he falters. Jerry Jones, for whatever his word is worth, has said they want to keep JJ's carries under 20/game. And then they got ATrain and another rookie, which indicates to me, they have a plan to limit JJ's touches.

Which one will have the better year? Dammed if I know. Niether does anyone else. Dallas will most likely run the ball more, but Jordan has a much better O line to run behind, and may have a very nice YPC because no opposing D is going to put 8 in the box with Moss and Porter roaming around in the secondary. That fact alone gives Jordan an upper hand. If Bledsoe can keep D's honest, JJ might do OK, but I really don't know what Bledsoe has left in terms of keeping defenses honest with a bunch of either failed or retread WR's. If I'm an opposing DC, I'm going to make sure JJ is not the guy that will beat me. He is the Dallas O's best threat, and pretty one dimensional at that. How would I scheme the Oaklnad offense? I worry about Moss first. That could open things up for Jordan very nicely.

I'll make the Jordan play here.

Jerry Jones, for whatever his word is worth, has said they want to keep JJ's carries under 20/game. And then they got ATrain and another rookie, which indicates to me, they have a plan to limit JJ's touches.

Psst....they had ATrain last year.....his name was Eddie George back then. Like how did Jerry Jones come to this epiphany about holding his carries to 20 a game? If this kid runs at all like he did last year, he'll be given the ball until he pukes, then given the ball again. Jerry Jones again running his piehole and thinking too much like a fantasy football owner and ignoring the real world.

Jerry Jones, for whatever his word is worth, has said they want to keep JJ's carries under 20/game. And then they got ATrain and another rookie, which indicates to me, they have a plan to limit JJ's touches.

Psst....they had ATrain last year.....his name was Eddie George back then. Like how did Jerry Jones come to this epiphany about holding his carries to 20 a game? If this kid runs at all like he did last year, he'll be given the ball until he pukes, then given the ball again. Jerry Jones again running his piehole and thinking too much like a fantasy football owner and ignoring the real world.
Pssst! Eddie George was washed up two years ago. Now, what new tool do we have to show the folks this week? :whistle:

Pssst! Eddie George was washed up two years ago. Now, what new tool do we have to show the folks this week? :whistle:
Well Tim, we have the Ultimate NFL Tool here as proof: Thomas Jones. Thats right. If you get yo job took by Thomas Jones and you've only been in the league three years, you get 4 touches a game and consider yourself lucky - especially with a fleet-footed dynamo-to be in front of you on a Tuna coached team.

Last edited:

Well Tim, we have the Ultimate NFL Tool here as proof: Thomas Jones. Thats right. If you get yo job took by Thomas Jones and you've only been in the league three years, you get 4 touches a game and consider yourself lucky - especially with a fleet-footed dynamo-to be in front of you on a Tuna coached team.
:goodposting: :popcorn:

Anthony Thomas isn't any good.I think the Dallas O-line is significantly better than Oakland's, especially when you consider that Dallas will run alot of 2 tight-end sets. Oakland will have a better passing attack.I see Lamont Jordan getting 1000 some yards and 5 TDs or so, nothing special. As I said earlier, I see Julius getting 20-25 carries a game and 1500 yards.Lwt's sticky this thread so that those of you who picked Jordan here can feel idiotic later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony Thomas isn't any good.

I think the Dallas O-line is significantly better than Oakland's, especially when you consider that Dallas will run alot of 2 tight-end sets. Oakland will have a better passing attack.

I see Lamont Jordan getting 1000 some yards and 5 TDs or so, nothing special. As I said earlier, I see Julius getting 25-30 carries a game and 1500 yards.

Lwt's sticky this thread so that those of you who picked Jordan here can feel idiotic later.
You see Jones having between 400 and 480 carries this season?

I see him getting between 350 and 400.
There's only been 4 RB to ever hit 400 rushes and 47 to hit 350. Either number is a lot of carries. In 17 seasons as a head coach, Parcells only had 3 years in which his RB1 had 350+ carries (all by Curtis Martin).IIRC, JJones was only the 3rd RB in history to have three straight games with 30+ carries.

As I mentioned earlier, Dallas used Jones so much last year because there were no other options at that point in the season.

HERE is a recent link in which Parcells discusse the Cowboys' RB situation.

He mentions potentially using A-Train as a short yardage and goal line back. He also mentions using Barber for 20-25 plays on offense (that does not mean carries, just plays).

If both of those turn out to be the case, then Jones will not come close to the workload many are predcting.

Again,the only way this debate will be settled is at the end of the season. My money is on Jordan.........
How much money?I will do whatever you want up to $100
Ok this is how it goes. Both have to play a full season and receive at least 225 carries. We'll base it on yards per carry, touchdowns and total rushing yards. The winner being the back who leads in at least two of the categories. Lets keep it friendly for $20.00. If you have another idea let me know. If one or the other gets injured all bets are off. I think this will protect you more than me.

Ok this is how it goes. Both have to play a full season and receive at least 225 carries. We'll base it on yards per carry, touchdowns and total rushing yards. The winner being the back who leads in at least two of the categories. Lets keep it friendly for $20.00. If you have another idea let me know. If one or the other gets injured all bets are off. I think this will protect you more than me.
Why not make it simple . . . most fantasy points scored (or even fantasy ppg)?

I agreeno injury clause, no nothing. Whoever has most fantasy points scored, total, end of year, using standard rules (no ppg), wins. $20 it is

I agreeno injury clause, no nothing. Whoever has most fantasy points scored, total, end of year, using standard rules (no ppg), wins. $20 it is
Looks like your subscription will be paid for in 06 to FBG Wilked :thumbup:

Alright I'll take that bet.

Since your membership here is 1 month old, I have reservations about your ability to pay up. Let's give the $$ now to a 3rd party, figure Colin or a different mod to hold. Do you have a preference, or should we just use Colin?

Since your membership here is 1 month old, I have reservations about your ability to pay up. Let's give the $$ now to a 3rd party, figure Colin or a different mod to hold. Do you have a preference, or should we just use Colin?
I'm sure your not questioning my finacial status. Yes Colin would be fine. Give me all the info needed to get him the $$$$.

How the fig did I get pulled in to this?Paypal me: colindowling@gmail.com I'm not touching the money. Any fees lost due to paypal aren't my problem. It will sit there until you both message me and let me know the "running back evaluation" is 'over' and who to send the funds to.Colin

At this point IMO:L. Jordan = J. JonesBoth players have plenty of upside and many variables that could potentialy be negatives such as goal line work etc. This is a very tough call. IMO you could make a case as many already have to draft one guy over the other guy. I will stick with L. Jordan although I would not laugh at anyone who chooses to draft Jones ahead of him.

Barring Injury it would be next to impossible for L. Jordan to finish the season with less than 700 yards. Even if he somehow miraculously lost his starting job it would be a stretch for him to not get to 700 yards before doing so. There was 31 RB's last season that had more then 700 yards rushing, therefore the only way he does not make this mark is if he gets injured. He had 500 yards rushing as a back up. To assume him to not get 200 more yards as a starter would be ridiculous, even if he was absolutely terrible.

hence the odds.I would take 2-1 odds that he doesn't reach 1000 yards.For 700 yards, it would have to be around 5-1.I don't think the guy is very good, and I wouldnt be surprised if he was benched.If anyone is interested, let me know.

How the fig did I get pulled in to this?

Paypal me: colindowling@gmail.com

I'm not touching the money. Any fees lost due to paypal aren't my problem. It will sit there until you both message me and let me know the "running back evaluation" is 'over' and who to send the funds to.

Colin
I'll be sending the dough soon checking out this paypal thing. I want to make sure I"m not part of some evil scam. That Wilked guy seems to be a little shady.

How the fig did I get pulled in to this?

Paypal me: colindowling@gmail.com 

I'm not touching the money.  Any fees lost due to paypal aren't my problem.  It will sit there until you both message me and let me know the "running back evaluation" is 'over' and who to send the funds to.

Colin
I'll be sending the dough soon checking out this paypal thing. I want to make sure I"m not part of some evil scam. That Wilked guy seems to be a little shady.
....as loong as ou don't find me to be sahdy, your money will be plenty safe.Colin

I wonder if Wilked ever payed up on this bet. He got his ### handed to him.

Users who are viewing this thread