What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lara Logan firing (1 Viewer)

Is it?  I've never heard of her before. We fired our janitor too.  
She may not be a household name - but I recognized the name when the thread was posted, and a quick google search confirmed she was the reporter who was sexually assaulted in Egypt - and that was a pretty big story at the time.

So, I think most people would know who she was - even if they don't recognize the name.

That takes nothing away from the trolling effort of the OP here to both misrepresent the story initially, and then continue to play dumb when the facts were pointed out.

She may not be a household name - but I recognized the name when the thread was posted, and a quick google search confirmed she was the reporter who was sexually assaulted in Egypt - and that was a pretty big story at the time.

So, I think most people would know who she was - even if they don't recognize the name.

That takes nothing away from the trolling effort of the OP here to both misrepresent the story initially, and then continue to play dumb when the facts were pointed out.
He may try his "all the libs are conspiring to gang up on me"-shtick he copied from jon later

squistion said:
Unlike some folks here, I don't regularly watch 60 minutes.
She was raped while covering the Arab Spring in Egypt by a mob of men.  

This was big news.  

I'm surprised people haven't heard of her. My aunt, no conservative, went to see her speak in New Hampshire because of the events that unfolded that day. It was tragic, and she was brave in the face of an abhorrent attack. 

I have no idea about her firing subsequent to her comments about the news media, but at first glance, I'm very sympathetic.  

Last edited by a moderator:
She was raped while covering the Arab Spring in Egypt by a mob of men.  

This was big news.  

I'm surprised people haven't heard of her. My aunt, no conservative, went to see her speak in New Hampshire because of the events that unfolded that day. It was tragic, and she was brave in the face of an abhorrent attack. 

I have no idea about her firing subsequent to her comments about the news media, but at first glance, I'm very sympathetic.  
This is the last time she was on air or listed in the credits.  July, 2018. 

She wasn't fired subsequent to her comments.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9116488/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_2

This is the last time she was on air or listed in the credits.  July, 2018. 

She wasn't fired subsequent to her comments.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9116488/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_2
Yeah, I figured the way the thread was going (I read after I posted) that she wasn't fired due to her comments. I had posted on faith in the OPs accuracy, though I'm not going to condemn him too harshly. I've been there. 

Thanks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Even outside of her news footprint, how can anybody who has watched football over the last 15 years not know who she is? She's a very attractive woman with a very sexy voice who had commercials promoting her interviews during CBS games for years. And if you happened to leave the tv on after the late game, there she was. Calling bs.

Even outside of her news footprint, how can anybody who has watched football over the last 15 years not know who she is? She's a very attractive woman with a very sexy voice who had commercials promoting her interviews during CBS games for years. And if you happened to leave the tv on after the late game, there she was. Calling bs.
I definitely remember the rape, which was an awful story, and I vaguely remember something about her getting in trouble for a Benghazi report, but she had mostly fallen off my radar over the past few years.

She just did an interview The Hollywood Reporter acknowledging she left CBS in August 2018. Five years after the type of screw-up that got Dan Rather fired. 

She just did an interview The Hollywood Reporter acknowledging she left CBS in August 2018. Five years after the type of screw-up that got Dan Rather fired. 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lara-logan-back-spotlight-wants-keep-reporting-q-a-1189865

Logan said she has been mostly working for herself since leaving CBS News in August 2018 after an ascendant career that briefly derailed in 2013, when she agreed to take a leave of absence after reporting an ultimately flawed story about the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya.

She has done quite a bit of media in the past 4 months, plus many speaking engagements. It almost feels like she's ramping up for a career change.

Rockaction still the champ for his efforts in “Would you talk to another adult like this?”, but stlrams did some good work in here.
Further,  these threads always go better when OP laughs at themselves too. We can all have a good time together. Just ask rockaction 
rock was awesome because one it was a holy righteous self burn and then two it was awesome the way he owned it and made it fun so hey i salute that brohan take that to the bank brochachos 

Just a side note - she was genuinely traumatized. That’s horrible beyond belief.

That aside, it would be a better argument to say she’s saying that it was professional suicide moving forward. But she’s already been a free agent for 9 months. BB doesn’t even mention that. I have no idea why it’s necessary to keep pretending on this.

Clearly she had some problem at CBS last May, what that was, who knows - but again Breitbart didn’t ask.

stlrams said:
She was not officially fired until a few days after her interview indicating media 90% liberal.   
So you’re saying she was fired from a job she left and wasn’t working for since last year. OK.

Again the first paragraph of the first article you posted...

Lara Logan, the journalist who gained wider renown covering war-torn spots in the Middle East for CBS News, is no longer with the network and has not been for several months”
I needed this post for my notebook.  Hopefully I can read y'all's respective posts with new and improved preconceived notions.

Rockaction still the champ for his efforts in “Would you talk to another adult like this?”, but stlrams did some good work in here.
Remember how RA came back to the thread humbled and apologetic? And was celebrated for it by the community? Too late for stl to do that now without looking like he had to to save face.

Users who are viewing this thread