What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitz to be a GTD? (1 Viewer)

Foxhound

Footballguy
I have faith in Fitz. He will do everything in his power to be on the field this Sunday. He has missed 4 games in 9 years, so if I have to gamble on someone it's going to be Fitz.

JustinHawkins

Footballguy
Crap, I don't have very good options for the late games in a few leagues I own him. I sure hope we know something by 1pm (but doubt it)

v12themonster

Footballguy
I am so annoyed and worried about this, but I have Jordy Nelson on my bench. Unfortunately he doesnt play the late game with Fitz. So idk, unless I hear something a lot better tomorrow I guess I bench Larry? I hate having points left on the bench ugh!

Just my opinion, but I think this is a bit of a smokescreen. He was moving around well in practice both yesterday (when he claimed he would be just fine for the game) and again today, and they were smartly keeping him limited in practice.

I think he plays just fine.

Phenix

Footballguy
"Q" tag is due to him being limited all week and not practicing on Wednesday, as looks like he could of practiced in full according to what people see him doing in practice. Personally think this is a smoke screen as well.

Or shall I say, HOPE its a smoke screen.

Craig_MiamiFL

Footballguy
Yep. Other that they know Fitz may be limited, means little whether he'll actually play or not.

I would agree it means more if the Cards hadn't only kept 4 WR's on active 53. (In order to keep all 5 backs and Lindley as the QB3)

WIth Housler out, and a base 3 WR set, they are/were really playing with fire regardless going with only 4 WR on gameday roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squintz82

Footballguy
NFL Network just reported that "every indication" based on their sources close to Fitz say he expects to play today.

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
How are you guys feeling about this now? Is this smokescreen or is Fitz going to be used as a decoy? I feel obligated to start him.

Squintz82

Footballguy
Lol, Fitzgerald will never play as a decoy. Either he plays, or he gives the Cardinals a better chance to win by allowing a receiver to start in his place that can play at 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:

jwp

Footballguy
I'm thin at wr in the league I own him in. So I'll guess I'll play him over Kenny Stills. I need Blackmon back badly in that league.

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
Lol, Fitzgerald will never play as a decoy. Either he plays, or he gives the Cardinals a better chance to win by allowing a receiver to start in his place that can play at 100%.
That's pretty black and white and likely incorrect. Fitz can easily play at less than 100% and still contribute more as a decoy then whoever they just called up from the practice squad. He demands attention and draws coverage.

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
Jay Glazer reported on the FOX Sports pre-game show that Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) will be about "80 percent" for Sunday's 4:05ET tilt with the Lions.
There are only about 15 NFL receivers we'd take over Fitzgerald at 80-percent health, making him at worst a mid-range WR2. Of course, the hamstring will be susceptible to in-game aggravation, but Cards doctors wouldn't have green-lighted Fitz for a Week 2 game unless they believed he would likely avoid setbacks. Keep him in fantasy lineups. Fitzgerald is in a lot better place than Roddy White, who's about 60 percent with a high ankle sprain.

Mister CIA

Footballguy
Anyone else have Decker on hot standby? I'm leaning towards Fitz about 55/45, and I'm one who is still optimistic about Decker all things considered.

cstu

Footballguy
TEMPE, Ariz. – Whenever it comes to Larry Fitzgerald, a lot of attention gets focused on the Cardinals.

So when the Pro Bowl wide receiver left Sunday’s game late in the third quarter, the questions started. Should he have even been playing? How bad is his hamstring? Will he play next week?

But a post Monday from Pro Football Talk suggests Fitzgerald didn’t actually aggravate his hamstring during the game. The report, which was quite vague, even quotes a team spokesman, who supposedly said Fitzgerald wore down during the game, which was the reason for taking himself out.

In the fourth quarter, after Fitzgerald had come out and after he had his left hamstring wrapped with what looked to be an ice pack, Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton announced in the press box that Fitzgerald was out with a hamstring issue and his return would be questionable.

Fitzgerald did say this after the game: “I didn’t have much in the second half, just because I was fatigued. I didn’t want to be a liability for my team.”

However, Fitzgerald also talked about trying to “fight it out early,” which would suggest the hamstring was troublesome and could’ve led to fatigue. Fitzgerald said he “would’ve been good if I was 80 percent,” and also discussed his inability to separate from defensive backs and how the pregame adrenaline psyched him out a little bit.

Either way, Fitzgerald’s hamstring will continue to be a topic this week.

Squintz82

Footballguy
TEMPE, Ariz. – Whenever it comes to Larry Fitzgerald, a lot of attention gets focused on the Cardinals.

So when the Pro Bowl wide receiver left Sunday’s game late in the third quarter, the questions started. Should he have even been playing? How bad is his hamstring? Will he play next week?

But a post Monday from Pro Football Talk suggests Fitzgerald didn’t actually aggravate his hamstring during the game. The report, which was quite vague, even quotes a team spokesman, who supposedly said Fitzgerald wore down during the game, which was the reason for taking himself out.

In the fourth quarter, after Fitzgerald had come out and after he had his left hamstring wrapped with what looked to be an ice pack, Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton announced in the press box that Fitzgerald was out with a hamstring issue and his return would be questionable.

Fitzgerald did say this after the game: “I didn’t have much in the second half, just because I was fatigued. I didn’t want to be a liability for my team.”

However, Fitzgerald also talked about trying to “fight it out early,” which would suggest the hamstring was troublesome and could’ve led to fatigue. Fitzgerald said he “would’ve been good if I was 80 percent,” and also discussed his inability to separate from defensive backs and how the pregame adrenaline psyched him out a little bit.

Either way, Fitzgerald’s hamstring will continue to be a topic this week.
I love the fact that Fitz is such a gamer. His lack of injury history leads me to believe he knows how far to push his body to avoid further injury, and prolong his season. That being said, I hope the fact he took himself out will lead him to be in better shape against the Saints. I can't bring myself to bench him with that matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread