What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (2 Viewers)

I have no idea why anyone would start him this week after we heard the reports of how he felt after the last game. He wasn't even a consideration for me.

I have no idea why anyone would start him this week after we heard the reports of how he felt after the last game. He wasn't even a consideration for me.
Some people have limited options. I was forced to play him with D. Moore on bye. Others saw what a surprising effort he put out vs. SF last week and thought..."maybe". Of course in hindsight it was a bad move and chances were not good prior to the game that he would do well, but I was hoping for about 8-10 pts in a 0.5PPR. Oh well....better days ahead!

I think also, even though there were the reports that he was in bad shape after the SF game, he practiced every day at least in limited fashion and was listed as probable, rather than the questionable game time decision he was last week.

I absolutely love Fitz as an NFL player. Does things the right way, works hard, etc etc.

But on my FF Team? You're KILLING me Smalls.

Killing me.

:kicksrock:

He was pulled out a lot last night. On a pitch count per say. He looked hurt with very little burst. They had CB Peterson playing WR quite a bit in the second half (though he only caught 1 pass).

Clearly limited significantly physically.

Man, It kills me to see this. He is SUCH a talent and such a class act in a league full of divas. Every time they put the camera on him, he is always hustling and supporting his teammates and his reward is being stuck with this.

I guess you can't feel too sorry for a guy that makes 100M+ and chose to resign in Arizona but geez, how nice would it be to wake up and see he has been traded to San Fran or Green Bay or even Chicago. Just put the man on a real team more than once every 5 years.

Clearly limited significantly physically.

Man, It kills me to see this. He is SUCH a talent and such a class act in a league full of divas. Every time they put the camera on him, he is always hustling and supporting his teammates and his reward is being stuck with this.
He was throwing some great blocks last night as well. Really love watching him play. Hopefully he heals up soon and gets a better team around him at some point.

I absolutely love Fitz as an NFL player. Does things the right way, works hard, etc etc.

Killing me.

He was the #12 WR coming in to this game. How is he killing you? It's not Larry Fitzgerald's fault you benched him last week.

He has a better matchup next week, a bye, and then average to good matchups the rest of the way. Seattle is tough.

I benched him last night. But consider that this was likely his lowest point of the season. Schedule gets easier for a decent stretch, and he didn't come out of the game hurt.

I seriously detest posts like this. First off it comes off as holier than thou. Secondly, it really shows no understanding how most leagues operate.

BYE weeks and injuries force every FF owner into starting players they aren't 100% confident in starting.

I seriously detest posts like this. First off it comes off as holier than thou. Secondly, it really shows no understanding how most leagues operate.

BYE weeks and injuries force every FF owner into starting players they aren't 100% confident in starting.
It also comes from a guy who didn't post in the thread until after the game was played. Everyone is an expert with the benefit of knowing what actually happened.

I started him because I had literally no other options. I was hoping for 10 points and got 3.7. I thought this type of game was possible, but my hands were tied, so that's just the way it goes sometimes.

It also comes from a guy who didn't post in the thread until after the game was played. Everyone is an expert with the benefit of knowing what actually happened.

I started him because I had literally no other options. I was hoping for 10 points and got 3.7. I thought this type of game was possible, but my hands were tied, so that's just the way it goes sometimes.
I have no problem with these types posts as long as he was in here as we debated whether or not he was startable and voiced his opinion on the matter. Monday morning quarterbacks, however, are the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was finally able to move him this week. I gave him up, along with Charles Clay, for Pierre Garcon.

I think he's going to get back on track, but I need a little more reliability than what Fitz has been offering...plus, it clears up a nasty week 9 bye week issue I had.

Garçon hasn't been any better than Fitz to be honest. I own both and will be starting Fitzgerald at ATL over Garçon DEN this week. RG3 simply hasn't been getting the ball to Pierre in scoring positions at all recently

Garçon hasn't been any better than Fitz to be honest. I own both and will be starting Fitzgerald at ATL over Garçon DEN this week. RG3 simply hasn't been getting the ball to Pierre in scoring positions at all recently
If you're looking at the playoffs, Fitz has awful matchups against the Seahawks and Titans weeks 15 and 16. Garcon on the other hand has the Falcons and Cowboys.

If you're looking at the playoffs, Fitz has awful matchups against the Rams and Titans weeks 15 and 16. Garcon on the other hand has the Falcons and Cowboys.
It's a fair point but Garçon has not showed any signs of a pattern of scoring more against weaker defences this season up until now. Hoping the emergence of Reed and RG3 running game opens it up for Garçon a little. I picked up Boykin this week and have actually been mulling over starting him with Fitz instead of Pierre. Will love it if Pierre comes to life though

If you're looking at the playoffs, Fitz has awful matchups against the Rams and Titans weeks 15 and 16. Garcon on the other hand has the Falcons and Cowboys.
Wait what? Awful matchup against the Rams who he torched in week 1?

Wait what? Awful matchup against the Rams who he torched in week 1?
My mistake, the Seahawks and Titans.

This week is the first time I'm going to be starting Fitz with some confidence in a long time it feels.
Not sure I'd be confident, but it's probably the best matchup he's had all year.
Just wanted to add in - when Fitz is healthy it's not as much of a matchup play as a normal WR... IF he's healthy. That's the main reason I'm starting him this week. Reports are he is as close to 100% as he's been since Week 1. He actually could have taken Wed off but he didn't - he practiced in full.

Of course matchups matter with Palmer at QB, I understand. But for me, his health is my #1 gauge on whether to start or sit him, then I move to the matchup. Now if Palmer would step out of the hole he's digging, it'd be nice. I think a hurt, slow Fitz had something to do with that though. I hope.

Killing me.

He was the #12 WR coming in to this game. How is he killing you? It's not Larry Fitzgerald's fault you benched him last week.

He has a better matchup next week, a bye, and then average to good matchups the rest of the way. Seattle is tough.
This kind of talk cracks me up. I am in a work league and 4 of the guys I work with don't seem to get that not every player gets 100 yards and a TD every week. Monday mornings crack me up. The most recent complaining was over Moreno "laying an egg". 10 points from a late pick in the draft and somehow he cost you the game?

I don't own Fitz, but if I did, I'd certainly be looking hard at the matchups each week. Not as in Fitz vs a defensive backfield, but as in the opposing DL. A team that can bring the heat is absolute poison to the entire AZ offense.

He has in my ppr league. Garcon has put up solid numbers each week of at least 10 points. Fitz on the other hand has had two big games, two duds, and a couple average games.

I'm also sitting at 3-4, so not having a bye week to worryabout with Garcon gives him another edge.

I think they represent similar upside, but Garcon is more likely to not get completely shut out. Fitz is held back, once again, by horrible QBing and the line.

Killing me.

This kind of talk cracks me up. I am in a work league and 4 of the guys I work with don't seem to get that not every player gets 100 yards and a TD every week. Monday mornings crack me up. The most recent complaining was over Moreno "laying an egg". 10 points from a late pick in the draft and somehow he cost you the game?
Lighten up fellas. I've owned Fitz for years. The potential of what Fitz could be with a good QB and what he is these days is hard to watch - in real life and fantasy.

Maybe you missed how high many of us Fitz owners were before the season, hoping Palmer could at least be average and Fitz would take care of the rest. Maybe you missed how Fitz has been hurt most of this season and has played anyway to help his team win. Maybe you missed that Fitz has been giving us 2 or 3 points games this season. Maybe you think we Fitz owners are actually blaming Fitz, and not the crappy O-Line or QB.

Maybe you missed a lighthearted old movie reference. Either way, for many of us starting him (rightly or wrongly), his points have been killing us compared to what we had hoped for.

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, a trade for Larry Fitzgerald will be "in play" this offseason.
Per Schefter, "some believe a divorce is somewhere between possible and inevitable." Fitzgerald is owed $12.75 million in 2014 and $8 million (along with an $8 million roster bonus) in 2015. Perhaps more importantly, his cap figure for next season is $18 million. It's going to create a situation in which Fitz will either have to work out a restructured deal or the Cards will have to explore the trade market. On the season, the 30-year-old future Hall of Famer is averaging 4.5 catches for 60.2 yards with four touchdowns.

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he has not had "one conversation regarding a trade with Larry Fitzgerald."
With the Cardinals at 4-4, Fitzgerald isn't going to be traded by Tuesday's deadline. But ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning that a trade for Fitz will be "in play" this offseason. He carries an $18 million cap hit in 2014. "We have every intent to have Larry Fitzgerald retire as a Cardinal. Period," said Keim. If that's going to happen, the organization will likely have to work out a restructured contract with their star receiver this spring. He's on pace for just 72 catches and 940 yards as the Cardinals head into their bye.

Source: AZSports620 on Twitter

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, a trade for Larry Fitzgerald will be "in play" this offseason.
Per Schefter, "some believe a divorce is somewhere between possible and inevitable." Fitzgerald is owed $12.75 million in 2014 and $8 million (along with an $8 million roster bonus) in 2015. Perhaps more importantly, his cap figure for next season is $18 million. It's going to create a situation in which Fitz will either have to work out a restructured deal or the Cards will have to explore the trade market. On the season, the 30-year-old future Hall of Famer is averaging 4.5 catches for 60.2 yards with four touchdowns.

Would they outright cut him?

Rotoworld:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but my buddy in Arizona says that if Fitz is gone the fanbase is going to go ballistic.

Rotoworld:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but my buddy in Arizona says that if Fitz is gone the fanbase is going to go ballistic.
I don't think they would but that was the insinuation of the article if they can't get a trade down. A trade won't be easy since he's due $16M next year and in 2015 he'll cost $19M for any teams that trades for him..

Rotoworld:

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he has not had "one conversation regarding a trade with Larry Fitzgerald."
With the Cardinals at 4-4, Fitzgerald isn't going to be traded by Tuesday's deadline. But ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning that a trade for Fitz will be "in play" this offseason. He carries an $18 million cap hit in 2014. "We have every intent to have Larry Fitzgerald retire as a Cardinal. Period," said Keim. If that's going to happen, the organization will likely have to work out a restructured contract with their star receiver this spring. He's on pace for just 72 catches and 940 yards as the Cardinals head into their bye.

Source: AZSports620 on Twitter
Here is some comedy for you ... ESPN is posting a hypothetical trade that "makes sense for both teams" where the Packers send Jordy Nelson, Jon Franklin, and next years 2nd round pick for Larry Fitzgerald. What a terrible and completely unrealistic trade.

I don't own Fitz, but if I did, I'd certainly be looking hard at the matchups each week. Not as in Fitz vs a defensive backfield, but as in the opposing DL. A team that can bring the heat is absolute poison to the entire AZ offense.
I traded for Fitz last week. I'm hoping for good things the rest of the way but agree with this post. Palmer does not like pressure. Hopefully the emerging running game will keep opposing defenses honest and improve the offense. Wishful thinking?

I traded for Fitz last week. I'm hoping for good things the rest of the way but agree with this post. Palmer does not like pressure. Hopefully the emerging running game will keep opposing defenses honest and improve the offense. Wishful thinking?
I don't think so (wishful thinking). The running game will help (if it keeps going). Fitz doesn't need much to be great. Here's to hoping Palmer can be at least average and the HC gives Ellington more time at RB.

After the HOU game he's got some nice matchups lined up, vs. JAX, IND, PHI (both in terms of pass D and QB pressure). Too bad that is somewhat negated by the fact that he plays Seattle in what will be the final for most leagues.

After the HOU game he's got some nice matchups lined up, vs. JAX, IND, PHI (both in terms of pass D and QB pressure). Too bad that is somewhat negated by the fact that he plays Seattle in what will be the final for most leagues.
Do you sit him this week if you have other options?

Due to bye weeks, I dropped Fitz for DHB. Totally regretting that now. Figured with Wayne going down DHB might step it up. Nope. DHB is what he is...a mediocre talent with inconsistent hands. Hilton is the only WR to own in Indy. Of course, Fitz was snagged immediately. However, he was barely a flex option for me.

Due to bye weeks, I dropped Fitz for DHB. Totally regretting that now. Figured with Wayne going down DHB might step it up. Nope. DHB is what he is...a mediocre talent with inconsistent hands. Hilton is the only WR to own in Indy. Of course, Fitz was snagged immediately. However, he was barely a flex option for me.
Change for the sake of change... never a good thing.

Didn't someones #1 WR just get 3 TDs against this secondary? lol Why are you sitting Fitzgerald anyways? Because some are down on him or Palmer sucks? Unless he is playing Seattle or Revis, you play him. Love over thinkers, I picked up Fitzgerald in a league because a guppy dropped him. lol Anyone dropping Fitz should be ashamed at the knowledge the have for this game. He has 5 TDs and is a #1 option, lol, you don't cut those people, they have value.

Other options being a top 10+ WR? Sure. Anything else? Nope. Bye week to rest of the hammy, I'm feeling pretty good about Fitz and he's in there.

Didn't someones #1 WR just get 3 TDs against this secondary? lol Why are you sitting Fitzgerald anyways? Because some are down on him or Palmer sucks? Unless he is playing Seattle or Revis, you play him. Love over thinkers, I picked up Fitzgerald in a league because a guppy dropped him. lol Anyone dropping Fitz should be ashamed at the knowledge the have for this game. He has 5 TDs and is a #1 option, lol, you don't cut those people, they have value.
That is A LOT of laughing out loud!

I'm definitely over thinking this but I was thinking Palmer throws it up for grabs anytime watt looks his way. Fitz probably comes down with a few of those. I was considering starting RB Jennings but will probably go with the 3 WR garçon, D Thomas and Fitz.

Other options being a top 10+ WR? Sure. Anything else? Nope. Bye week to rest of the hammy, I'm feeling pretty good about Fitz and he's in there.
Good point. Guy offered Fitz for DHB. I accepted immediately after fainting. I basically sacrificed last week to get him with a bye week nightmare but my team got a lot better. We got a couple vetoes from guys thinking I paid cash along with DHB.

How are you guys viewing larry fitz for the rest of the season redraft? I do not feel confident starting him at all. Almost thought about dropping him for Kendall wright or Delanie walker in one of my leagues.

Not great either but I have other good options at WR ( Garçon, Gordon, Allen and V Jax ). Almost played him at flex the week just gone there, but elected for Bernard last minute.

I've been trying to package Fitz up with 1 or 2 other players, to go grab a top five WR, but no takers. His stock seems pretty low as he has struggled with injury, Palmer has had games where he simply can't get ball to him, and there has been no monster game that makes people sit up and take notice.

His playoff schedule is also pretty horrible.

Think he will be riding the pine for me from here on out, tbh. Will keep him in bench though, and stop other people with struggling WR groups from picking him up.

How are you guys viewing lastly fitz for the rest of the season redraft? I do not feel confident starting him at all. Almost thought about dropping him for Kendall wright or Delanie walker in one of my leagues.
Dropping WR20 for WR28 or TE12 makes a ton of sense to me. Do it.

How are you guys viewing lastly fitz for the rest of the season redraft? I do not feel confident starting him at all. Almost thought about dropping him for Kendall wright or Delanie walker in one of my leagues.
Dropping WR20 for WR28 or TE12 makes a ton of sense to me. Do it.
Right now do u really have more faith in fitz than Kendall wright for the rest of the season?

Over the last 3-5 weeks IND has just been awful against WRs. Remember that game where it looked like Vontae Davis wasn't even trying vs. Andre Johnson (9/223/3)? How about Tavon Austin's career/season game last week? Before that, SEA, SD and DEN has also has success.

They like the play man so I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you still think Fitz can win the one on one battles. I think he can and would feel pretty comfortable starting him as a WR2/3 in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread