What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lavar Arrington (1 Viewer)

PhillyStars

Footballguy
What is your best guess on the numbers he will put up in the NYG D as the WILL?

I figure 70 solo, 15 assists, 5 sacks and 1 pick

That's in the top 15 in my dynasty league scoring

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Given how physically he plays, you should factor in 2-3 forced fumbles and probably 1-2 fumble recoveries. Five sacks may be on the high end also.

These numbers would actually give you a Top-15 LB in your League?!?! Wow. I would assume 30+ LB's had better stats than 70-15-5 last year. I could be wrong...Back to the topic. If Arrington is truly on a mission to become the LB everybody thinks he can be, I see no reason he cannot easily top 80-20-8. With Strahan and Osi rushing the ends, Arrington should net a handful of "gimmie" sacks as the QB is flushed from the pocket.

I think he has

75 solo, 45 assists, 7 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoverys and 1 pick and a TD. He should be a stud with all that help from the Giant defenders.

how much does he help or hurt pierce is the question of the day for me
I fail to see how he would hurt Pierce. He might hurt the number of tackles the secondary gets behind him, but the MLB is pretty much going to get his tackles in the 4-3 scheme if he's smart and system sound (which Pierce is) and healthy.

You nailed my numbers. 75-15-5-0-6-3-2although that only lands him at #36

if your nuymbers are right, SFL scoring puts him at about 25 pts for the full yr. if you take 13/16 of that he is at about 20 pts which puts him in top 20 based on last years numbers ... agree?

Arrington to be a roaming STRONG side backer for the Giants

NY Post link

The Giants studied tapes of Arrington in Washington and determined the Redskins didn't always use him to compliment his strengths. Lewis will turn him loose, but not always in a traditional sense. Arrington will line up as the strong side linebacker and Carlos Emmons will work the weak side, a reversal of what was initially expected. When the Giants are in a regular 4-3 front, Arrington will line up the way Lawrence Taylor did in the 3-4 scheme Bill Parcells used in years gone by. In effect, Arrington at times will be the only outside linebacker, allowing him to be the playmaker the Giants need him to be.

Arrington to be a roaming STRONG side backer for the Giants

NY Post link

The Giants studied tapes of Arrington in Washington and determined the Redskins didn't always use him to compliment his strengths. Lewis will turn him loose, but not always in a traditional sense. Arrington will line up as the strong side linebacker and Carlos Emmons will work the weak side, a reversal of what was initially expected. When the Giants are in a regular 4-3 front, Arrington will line up the way Lawrence Taylor did in the 3-4 scheme Bill Parcells used in years gone by. In effect, Arrington at times will be the only outside linebacker, allowing him to be the playmaker the Giants need him to be.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: Lavar #####ing about another change in the way the coaches are using him in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

He hasn't been used as the Mike since his rookie season when the coaching staff oddly determined that he should be used on the TE. I happen to think he's wasted there.

His strength is read and react, and bursting to plays. If he has TE responsibilities, he's going to have that TE as an extra blocker on him first of all, and second will be that much slower (meaning farther off the line) making plays in the backfield. He's athletic enough to play the spot (assuming full recovery from those injuries) however when you look at Lavar you don't tend to think "great in pass coverage".

Users who are viewing this thread