What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeGarrette Blount signs with NE (2 Viewers)

Blount will be a top five rb this week
I doubt that. Unless pats drastically fix their defense and go to run heavy blount will not be top 5.
Checked NFL schedule and they still play the Jags this week so yes top 5
Hahah and i guess you went over to their facility and helped rebuild their defense? Blount won't be a top 15 rb this week count on that. Im guessing blount won't even have 13 carries. Lewis as of right now is their guy. Ever hear the saying don't fix something if it aint broken. Well their offense is clicking on all cylinders they are not going to change it now because you want blount to be a top 5 rb this week. Goodluck Though!

I think I read that over the past 3-4 years Blount trailed only Peterson in YAC. To say he's not a power back is a little silly.

No clue what to expect. There will be weeks when the Lewis owners are happy, and weeks where the Blount owners rule the day. To says you're confident either way, with the history in NE, is a bit crazy.

I doubt that. Unless pats drastically fix their defense and go to run heavy blount will not be top 5.
Checked NFL schedule and they still play the Jags this week so yes top 5
Hahah and i guess you went over to their facility and helped rebuild their defense? Blount won't be a top 15 rb this week count on that. Im guessing blount won't even have 13 carries. Lewis as of right now is their guy. Ever hear the saying don't fix something if it aint broken. Well their offense is clicking on all cylinders they are not going to change it now because you want blount to be a top 5 rb this week. Goodluck Though!
I could see them pounding Blount against the Jags similar to the Jonas Gray game against the Colts last year. Their game plan fluctuates probably moreso than any other NFL team. That's what makes owning a Pats RB very frustrating.

I'm having to in one league with a corps of Miller, Crowell, Blount, Foster and K Williams. Going Crowell and Blount. Yuck. Only can start two RB

Would never have thought that team would be staring 0-3 down the barrel after my draft with Luck, Dez, Miller, Cooper, Robinson, Eiffert but somehow it is. C'est la vie.

A guy in one of my leagues has injury issues and is starting Lewis AND Blount. May not be the worst call week to week with one in flex and another good RB

Last edited by a moderator:
I would start both Lewis and Blount if I had them on my roster. I think there will be plenty to go around for the Pats RBs.

Lewis will get plenty of opportunities as the Pats roll up the score and Blount will get plenty of touches when they are up by 17+ in the second half and he is always a threat to steal a goal line rush regardless of the score.

Blount will put up legit #1 numbers on weeks the Patriots play teams that don't have a legit D line...When the Patriots play teams with stout lines Brady will throw 50+ times per game and Lewis will dominate the touches.

Today is a Blount day.

Blount will put up legit #1 numbers on weeks the Patriots play teams that don't have a legit D line...When the Patriots play teams with stout lines Brady will throw 50+ times per game and Lewis will dominate the touches.

Today is a Blount day.
Jags have been good against the run past 2 weeks so i don't know how you assume this is blount day. I'm telling you blount won't put rb1 numbers today.

Today is a Blount day.
Jags have been good against the run past 2 weeks so i don't know how you assume this is blount day. I'm telling you blount won't put rb1 numbers today.
Bount's second half production will be inversely proportional to that of Robinson, and proportional to that of Brady's, in the first half.

RealReactions said:
Saboo said:

Today is a Blount day.
Exactly how most thought it would play out. Pats get up then Blount gets some touches. 60 yards and 2 tds is a pretty nice day.

RealReactions said:
Saboo said:

Today is a Blount day.
Exactly how most thought it would play out. Pats get up then Blount gets some touches. 60 yards and 2 tds is a pretty nice day.
Oops meant 78 and 3 my bad.

Nobody was expecting a 3 touchdown game but he is probably top 5 now. Sometimes luck helps :shrug:
Not sure it was luck. This had a Blount game written all over it. While I wasn't expecting 3 Tds I certainly thought 80 or so yards and aTD was very realistic. Now when they play a team like the Jets I wouldn't feel comfortable starting Blount at all.

Nobody was expecting a 3 touchdown game but he is probably top 5 now. Sometimes luck helps :shrug:
Not sure it was luck. This had a Blount game written all over it. While I wasn't expecting 3 Tds I certainly thought 80 or so yards and aTD was very realistic. Now when they play a team like the Jets I wouldn't feel comfortable starting Blount at all.
I saw 80 yards and maybe a td too which wouldn't have put him in top 5 or even over lewis in ppr. The 3tds was the luck part I'm talking about

Today is a Blount day.
Nice calls on this, guys. I have Blount in 3 leagues but didn't start him b/c I deferred to projections/cheatsheets instead of my own instinct and it cost me big. Props to y'all. I'll be checking this thread in the future.

Ohhhh. lots of burn in here.

I think the key to this past Sunday is that Blount wasnt extraordinary b/c of JAX. He looked precisely as he did last December/January. So he is going to command carries. I think it's still more likely than not that he out-carries Lewis from here on out.

Blount is a most-week-start right now, while Lewis is an every week start.

What's the projection for this week?
Brady 38-40 / 596 / 7

Gronk 9 / 98 / 2

Edelman 15 / 146 / 1

Amendola 2/ 78 / 1

Dobson 4 / 212 / 1

Lewis 8 / 104 / 2

Blount 4 / 4 / 4

Lewis 16 / 6 / 0

Pats win 88 - 9.

Three field goals for Bailey, a pick 6 and 3 safeties for the Pats D.
I really doubt the Cowboys score 9points.

If I am reading football outsiders right, Dallas is bottom 5 against backs receiving. That sounds like a recipe for Lewis, no? Though I could see the pats getting a big lead and leaning on Blount at that point.

My gut tells me to start Blount over Joseph Randle, if anyone wants to join me on the misery wagon.

Playing against the Dion owner this week, too. Ugh.

My gut tells me to start Blount over Joseph Randle, if anyone wants to join me on the misery wagon.

Playing against the Dion owner this week, too. Ugh.
I would start Blount over Randle, maybe not with confidence but definitely without hesitation.

I am thinking that a well rested NE team is going to rack up some serious first half points on a tired and injured DAL team and Blount will get plenty of work.

Also, all it takes is for Lewis to fumble to get in the Belichek doghouse and Blount surpasses Lewis.

I am thinking that a well rested NE team is going to rack up some serious first half points on a tired and injured DAL team and Blount will get plenty of work.

Also, all it takes is for Lewis to fumble to get in the Belichek doghouse and Blount surpasses Lewis.
Hasn't worked that way so far.

Lewis has fumbled twice already and is still the starter....

True dat, maybe we need to sneak into his room and unplug his alarm clock!

BB is a fickle coach with RBs, you never know what is going to put a player in disfavor.

BB is a fickle coach with RBs, you never know what is going to put a player in disfavor.
Well after this game i realized that Lewis is the guy going forward and that blount isn't an every week starter and should only be played for certain matchups. Next week against the colts like i said in the lewis thread i would start blount without hesitation. Colts cannot stop the run and they will run heavy until colts prove they can stop it. I just don't see them running lewis 20+ times between that tackles. If they do i will be extremely shocked and it would make blount almost worthless if they do.

True dat, maybe we need to sneak into his room and unplug his alarm clock!BB is a fickle coach with RBs, you never know what is going to put a player in disfavor.
Well after this game i realized that Lewis is the guy going forward and that blount isn't an every week starter and should only be played for certain matchups. Next week against the colts like i said in the lewis thread i would start blount without hesitation. Colts cannot stop the run and they will run heavy until colts prove they can stop it. I just don't see them running lewis 20+ times between that tackles. If they do i will be extremely shocked and it would make blount almost worthless if they do.
The Colts just held Arian Foster to 41 yards on 19 carries.

True dat, maybe we need to sneak into his room and unplug his alarm clock!BB is a fickle coach with RBs, you never know what is going to put a player in disfavor.
The Colts just held Arian Foster to 41 yards on 19 carries.
A not fully healthy arian. Im telling you just go look up the past stats of the colts defense against the patriots running. I posted it in the Dion Lewis thread to warn them to temper expectations for him. Past 2 years they cannot stop New englands run game and they haven't really done much to improve it.

it's a different Colts DLine. They are 2nd in FO's DVOA Rating (-32%). The two rookies they have playing on the line are doing well.

I'm already starting Blount, thinking about picking up White to start at flex alongside Blount (forced to start C. West there now due to bye issues). I expect White gets more work this game but Blount could still easily get a TD or two

I'm already starting Blount, thinking about picking up White to start at flex alongside Blount (forced to start C. West there now due to bye issues). I expect White gets more work this game but Blount could still easily get a TD or two
I'm deciding between Blount and West. I have Blount in there right now but everything I see says to start West instead.

I'm starting him regardless. NE has too many weapons with Brady and Gronk always being the focus it's a no brainer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread