What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lemar Marshall (1 Viewer)

Rozelle

LINK

It appears alot will depend on Arrington in terms of where Lemar plays.

Either way, he should be productive.

Arrington is supposedly practicing at full speed and is being reintroduced to full contact drills. He's expected to start week 1.

Lemar Marshall is slated to start at MLB, although Warrick Holdman is getting reps there. What's confusing is that both Marshall and Holdman are capable of playing OLB too, so it's unclear what will happen if Arrington regresses.

The guy to have is Marshall because he's the 1st string MLB (a very valuable IDP in this defense) and he showed last year that he excelled when replacing Arrington, so even if he's moved he has value.

Arrington is supposedly practicing at full speed and is being reintroduced to full contact drills. He's expected to start week 1.

Lemar Marshall is slated to start at MLB, although Warrick Holdman is getting reps there. What's confusing is that both Marshall and Holdman are capable of playing OLB too, so it's unclear what will happen if Arrington regresses.

The guy to have is Marshall because he's the 1st string MLB (a very valuable IDP in this defense) and he showed last year that he excelled when replacing Arrington, so even if he's moved he has value.
I've got both Marshall and Arrington on my dynasty roster (I'm sure there are a ton of people in the same boat) and it's going to be a tough call who to start each week. At the moment I'd be leaning towards starting Marshall at MLB over Arrington which would have seemed INSANE a year ago. :shock:

Arrington is supposedly practicing at full speed and is being reintroduced to full contact drills.  He's expected to start week 1.

Lemar Marshall is slated to start at MLB, although Warrick Holdman is getting reps there.  What's confusing is that both Marshall and Holdman are capable of playing OLB too, so it's unclear what will happen if Arrington regresses. 

I've got both Marshall and Arrington on my dynasty roster (I'm sure there are a ton of people in the same boat) and it's going to be a tough call who to start each week. At the moment I'd be leaning towards starting Marshall at MLB over Arrington which would have seemed INSANE a year ago. :shock:
Must be that other league, huh? GB Biz owning both in i2 and z28! :thumbup:

I like Robert McCune as Mike by mid season.
There's no chance of that happening. Greg Williams has too many BETTER options to start in the middle than some unheralded rookie MLB still wearing his diapers. To man the middle in a Greg Williams defense you have to know not only your position responsibility, but also the responsibility of every defensive player in every formation. I highly doubt a rookie can do that job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrington is supposedly practicing at full speed and is being reintroduced to full contact drills.  He's expected to start week 1.

Lemar Marshall is slated to start at MLB, although Warrick Holdman is getting reps there.  What's confusing is that both Marshall and Holdman are capable of playing OLB too, so it's unclear what will happen if Arrington regresses. 

Arrington's a Will, not a Mike. If he's healthy, you'll likely have two 'Skins starting LB's on your roster, which should be good for you. Williams gears his defense to allow the defensive back 7 to make plays.

I like Robert McCune as Mike by mid season.
There's no chance of that happening. Greg Williams has too many BETTER options to start in the middle than some unheralded rookie MLB still wearing his diapers. To man the middle in a Greg Williams defense you have to know not only your position responsibility, but also the responsibility of every defensive player in every formation. I highly doubt a rookie can do that job.
:goodposting: The Mike is the traffic cop of this defense and is in charge of making last second alignment changes and audibles. As a rookie, McCune isn't ready for that; many if not most vets aren't either. They'll look seriously at him next year. Clifton Smith may be a guy who gets action there, but only if he makes the team and only if Marshall and/or Holdman are injured.

Arrington's a Will, not a Mike.
Yeah I know but I prefer to only start one LB from each team if I can.

OIC. Yeah, I'd figure Marshall's a safer bet at MLB, but watch Arrington because I think if he's healthy (and they're saying he is) he'll be a monster in this defense. He's got a big chip on his shoulder because of people doubting him.

NOt sure why anybody thinks that Arrington from a fantasy perspective beocmes a monster, hasn't he had five years to prove out as one?? My bet, even though he has the body of a WR, is on Marshall as the man in WAS for some time to come. Clifton SMith and Mccune provide depth.

NOt sure why anybody thinks that Arrington from a fantasy perspective beocmes a monster, hasn't he had five years to prove out as one??

My bet, even though he has the body of a WR, is on Marshall as the man in WAS for some time to come. Clifton SMith and Mccune provide depth.
Four years in four different systems, and one injured last year in this system. And in each system, he was asked to do something different and he excelled at it. For example, Marty Schottenheimer "tipped the field" in his direction in '01 to have him be the featured guy and make plays in space at WLB, and Lavar had 82 tackles, 17 assists, 6 passes defensed, and 3 INT's including one returned for a TD, but only .5 sacks in 14 games. This was approx 120 IDP points in my league.

The following year, Marvin Lewis had him get in a 3-point stance on occasion and rush the passer from the Will, and he had 67 tackles, 25 assists, 8 passes defensed and 0 INT's, but 11 sacks. Totally different job, but the same solid performance. This was approx. 130 IDP points in my league.

He's likely never going to put up Ray Lewis numbers. However, Gregg Williams' scheme features LB's to either make tackles in space or to blitz a lot. In theory he should put up his best #'s yet. The key question is whether or not he's healthy, but all we can do in that regard is watch him, beginning tonight when he starts vs. the Steelers.

NOt sure why anybody thinks that Arrington from a fantasy perspective beocmes a monster, hasn't he had five years to prove out as one?? 

My bet, even though he has the body of a WR, is on Marshall as the man in WAS for some time to come. Clifton SMith and Mccune provide depth.
Four years in four different systems, and one injured last year in this system. And in each system, he was asked to do something different and he excelled at it. For example, Marty Schottenheimer "tipped the field" in his direction in '01 to have him be the featured guy and make plays in space at WLB, and Lavar had 82 tackles, 17 assists, 6 passes defensed, and 3 INT's including one returned for a TD, but only .5 sacks in 14 games. This was approx 120 IDP points in my league.

The following year, Marvin Lewis had him get in a 3-point stance on occasion and rush the passer from the Will, and he had 67 tackles, 25 assists, 8 passes defensed and 0 INT's, but 11 sacks. Totally different job, but the same solid performance. This was approx. 130 IDP points in my league.

He's likely never going to put up Ray Lewis numbers. However, Gregg Williams' scheme features LB's to either make tackles in space or to blitz a lot. In theory he should put up his best #'s yet. The key question is whether or not he's healthy, but all we can do in that regard is watch him, beginning tonight when he starts vs. the Steelers.
I still say, as fantasy is concerned, Arrington is all theory and i would put my bets elsewhere. Nice sleeper if at a low price though. But i bet there are 10 other sleepers just as good

Users who are viewing this thread