What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LenDale White & Mike Williams (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo

Footballguy
Ok I'll be the first to admit I was sold on the Mike Williams hype before last year's draft. BMW looked like a great WR prospect with solid upside. And he still may reach his potential.

But so far, BMW has proven to be immature, lazy and overweight. And I see a lot of the similarities in his former USC teammate LenDale White.

LenDale's draft stock seems to be dropping to the bottom of the 1st round now. And I personally think he's upper 2nd round material.

Knowing what we know about BMW now, would he still be a first round pick?

Ok I'll be the first to admit I was sold on the Mike Williams hype before last year's draft. BMW looked like a great WR prospect with solid upside. And he still may reach his potential.

But so far, BMW has proven to be immature, lazy and overweight. And I see a lot of the similarities in his former USC teammate LenDale White.

LenDale's draft stock seems to be dropping to the bottom of the 1st round now. And I personally think he's upper 2nd round material.

What exactly do we know about BMW now? All I know is that he had a year off from football and didn't come in working as hard as he should have and that the culture of the Lions didn't promote dedication of a rookie very well.

BMW will get moved to TE and LenDale will be drafted in the 4th round as an offensive guard.

What exactly do we know about BMW now? All I know is that he had a year off from football and didn't come in working as hard as he should have and that the culture of the Lions didn't promote dedication of a rookie very well.
What we know about BMW now is that he wasn't worth the #10 pick. Maybe he will pan out. I sure hope so and he has the potential.But my point was that I see some parallels between BMW and LenDale from a character and dedication perspective. Both of these two seem to be from the same mold.

NFL | L. White has hamstring tear

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:44:22 -0700

Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports USC RB LenDale White (hamstring) underwent an MRI on his right hamstring that showed he has a moderate tear near the pelvic region, according to Dr. Randall Eldridge, a Denver chiropractor renowned for his treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The hamstring tear will sideline White until mid-May, which means White will not have a personal workout prior to the April 29 NFL Draft and may not be ready for the minicamp of the NFL team that selects him. "He should recover fine," Dr. Eldridge said. "He just needs time to heal. But I could see where he would have been in considerable pain had he tried to run." White hopes the tear found in his hamstring will ease NFL executive concerns about his work ethic. The extent of the potential damage to his draft value, however, won't be known until April 29.

The real question is why refer to the slug as BMW?

Pacer or Gremlin would be more appropriate for fatty mcfatso.

you guys in the shark pool are great.

you overhype a guy and when he doesn't pan out to your unrealistic expectations he is automatically a bust.

let me clue you into something. the world is not made up of extremes. 99% of what occurs in the fantasy football realm is a varying shade of gray.

except for charles rogers and ron dayne. they suck.

you overhype a guy and when he doesn't pan out to your unrealistic expectations he is automatically a bust.

let me clue you into something. the world is not made up of extremes. 99% of what occurs in the fantasy football realm is a varying shade of gray.

except for charles rogers and ron dayne. they suck.
:goodposting: Is Troy Williamson (picked at #7) being called a bust too?Our microwave mentality society is getting out of control.

What we know about BMW now is that he wasn't worth the #10 pick.
:lmao: you can say that after one year playing for a horrible offense?
Yes. If the draft were held again today, he wouldn't be drafted in the top 10 by any team. I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but he hasn't proven to be top 10 material now either.

Yes. If the draft were held again today, he wouldn't be drafted in the top 10 by any team. I'm not saying he's a bust yet, but he hasn't proven to be top 10 material now either.
:confused: what kind of logic is that? a player's draft worth will be determined once he actually has a chance to play and develop.

this is like you saying that favre was a bust when he sat on the bench with the falcons.

Nor have the following players:Alex Smith

Braylon Edwards

Cedric Benson

Adam Jones

Troy Williamson

Anrel Rolle

Carlos Rogers

let me clue you into something.  the world is not made up of extremes.  99% of what occurs in the fantasy football realm is a varying shade of gray.

except for charles rogers and ron dayne.  they suck.
:goodposting: Is Troy Williamson (picked at #7) being called a bust too?Our microwave mentality society is getting out of control.
I'm not calling Mike Williams or Troy Williamson a bust. It's still too early to tell. Give these guys another year or two. But I wasn't that impressed with either player last year.Of these two players, I would still rather have BMW. I think he has more potential. I think Troy will end up with a career like another WR on the Vikings, Travis Taylor. Solid but not spectacular.

:confused: what kind of logic is that? a player's draft worth will be determined once he actually has a chance to play and develop.

this is like you saying that favre was a bust when he sat on the bench with the falcons.
I didn't say Mike Williams was a bust. I merely questioned his value as a top 10 pick as opposed to a high 2nd round pick and drew a comparison to LenDale White. If he doesn't improve his work ethic, there is a strong chance he will never live up to that draft spot, no matter how much time you give him. Favre took time to develop too, but he also wasn't overweight and lazy right out of the gate.

Of these two players, I would still rather have BMW. I think he has more potential. I think Troy will end up with a career like another WR on the Vikings, Travis Taylor. Solid but not spectacular.
I hated that the Vikings picked Williamson.I thought they should have done what they could to trade up for one of the backs (or drafted Derrick Johnson at #7). It couldn't have taken that much.

Of these two players, I would still rather have BMW. I think he has more potential. I think Troy will end up with a career like another WR on the Vikings, Travis Taylor. Solid but not spectacular.
I hated that the Vikings picked Williamson.I thought they should have done what they could to trade up for one of the backs (or drafted Derrick Johnson at #7). It couldn't have taken that much.
In hindsight, I wish my Lions would have drafted Derrick Johnson as well. It was the consensus pick. I admit I liked the BMW pick at the time, but not so much now. Maybe Martz can get in his head and inspire him to live up to his potential. He could be a freak if he just worked hard. He won't ever be a burner but his upside would be Isaac Bruce routes, Keyshawn size/toughness, and Tory Holt hands. But he needs to find the work ethic of Jerry Rice to get there. Right now he hasn't even discovered the training program of J.J. Stokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
... LenDale will be drafted in the 4th round as an offensive guard.
:D :goodposting: Seriously, I hink White could be good, but I shy away from guys who give interviews on the NFL Network and say (to a national audience no less) that the need to work on their work ethic! :shock:

Even if it is true, you shouldn't SAY that. That is like telling your wife she looks fat. You are just asking for trouble. So now I ssupect that White is not only lazy, but pretty dumb as well! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread