What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leno out, Fallon in (1 Viewer)

Great news. Fallon is incredibly talented and funny, and Leno is one of the biggest jackasses in hollywood.

Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone on NBC

Do you guys actually watch this stuff?

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear here, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Fixed.

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear here, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Fixed.
thank you, i appreciate that. I typed it in too big of a hurry. Thankfully you caught it, realized people might not know what i meant, and re-posted it.

Fixed.
thank you, i appreciate that. I typed it in too big of a hurry. Thankfully you caught it, realized people might not know what i meant, and re-posted it.
I am glad my dentist pays a lot more attention to detail.

Fixed.
probably, but your dentist isn't cool enough to post in the FFA

Ferguson is better than everyone.

If I had to with a gun to my head next would be Conan, then Kimmel.

Letterman has not had a pulse since 1989 or whenever he took offf the sweater.

Ironically Leno was hired as an 'out the box' whacky guy who rolled up his sleeves and did weird word play humor, then he was immediately straightjacketed by the suits. Fallon was never funny anywhere when not doing a Boston accent or doing music impressions. He still cannot interview. Joan Rivers is still waiting somewhere with 120 one-liners.

There is something intrinsically wrong at NBC, seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fixed.
Not as difficult when you only have a few teeth.

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking berating my wife for spending money, going over my accounts receivable, calculating how much buying a used car will save me vs. buying a new car, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Fixed.

Letterman 20+ years ago was gold. I flunked morning classes from being up til 1:30 watching him. Have rarely watched late night talk shows since then.

[quirky opinion]

The problem with Late Night isn't the hosts. It's the guests.

Ferguson is probably my favorite of the current crop too, but part of that is because his time slot already means that he's not getting the same guests and doint the same by the numbers promotion for whatever the next movie is. So he's able to do his own thing (like do an entire show just having a conversation with Stephen Frye, which would never happen on the Tonight Show).

It used to be that actors and musicians were expected to be interesting people in their own right. Guys like Tony Randall (my go-to example) were always entertaining precisely because they could talk about something other than the project they were currently working on. Now, the interviews that take up 2/3 of a show are almost always deathly. And we can always check out the funniest bits on YouTube.

[/quirky opinion]

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking berating my wife for spending money, going over my accounts receivable, calculating how much buying a used car will save me vs. buying a new car, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Fixed.
10/10

These shows may have been funny in the 80s before the world changed, but there's a million better things on TV now.

[quirky opinion]

The problem with Late Night isn't the hosts. It's the guests.

Ferguson is probably my favorite of the current crop too, but part of that is because his time slot already means that he's not getting the same guests and doint the same by the numbers promotion for whatever the next movie is. So he's able to do his own thing (like do an entire show just having a conversation with Stephen Frye, which would never happen on the Tonight Show).

It used to be that actors and musicians were expected to be interesting people in their own right. Guys like Tony Randall (my go-to example) were always entertaining precisely because they could talk about something other than the project they were currently working on. Now, the interviews that take up 2/3 of a show are almost always deathly. And we can always check out the funniest bits on YouTube.

[/quirky opinion]
I don't think it's quirky. You're right.. the only reason people go on these shows anymore is to promote something.

Before I go further, let's take a look at a clip. Do we have it? Okay, we do. Here it is:

Ferguson's the only one I'll watch semi-regularly. I think if he changed his format to a live show, he'd really start gaining some ground, but I think he likes the flexibility his slot gives him, and probably wouldn't want to move earlier. Stewart/Colbert are probably the only others that are either permitted to (or interested to) get the guest to let down their guard and react instinctively to the questions rather than keep everything safe and scripted.

Letterman still has his moments- the zoo keeper, dynamic guests like Robin Williams/Bill Murray, playing mental games with Paris Hilton- but I think he's toned his persona down considerably. The diversity of his bookings for musical acts is pretty good for his demographic though.

Jimmy seems like a good dude, but he's in way over his head here. They will either replace him or the show will finally be canceled after 60+ years.

The blue-hairs will not "get" him.

Mission accomplished NBC, you found the one guy not named Craig Furgeson that was less funny than Jay Leno.I don't understand television.

These shows may have been funny in the 80s before the world changed, but there's a million better things on TV now.
It's just a gravy train for the folks coming on the show to promote their movies, music, books. You are watching a 60 minute commercial with a few jokes, it's not good.

I think Fallon is funny, and entertains, BUT, the demographic he will be hitting at 11:30 will not get him.

Who gets his timeslot?

Bill Simmons did a podcast today dealing with all the late-night maneuvering. Was pretty interesting especially because Simmons is so close to Kimmel and likely get's all the skinny.

i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
I agree. Who really gives a #### about these self absorbed shmucks, guests included.

Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone on NBC
:goodposting:

Bill Simmons did a podcast today dealing with all the late-night maneuvering. Was pretty interesting especially because Simmons is so close to Kimmel and likely get's all the skinny.
They brought up an interesting point about Fallon being too nice. Letterman and Carson had an edge that made for good TV when there was tension between them and a guest. Even Kimmel has his share of drama, whether it's fake (Matt Damon) or instigated by Cousin Sal. But Fallon is nothing but a butt-kisser! It seems to me that the audience is going to get bored with the same fawning interview segments night after night.

I agree. Who really gives a #### about these self absorbed shmucks, guests included.
Grew up on Carson, and Letterman presides over my outlook like a patron saint, but I'm on board with this sentiment. The media day has been deconsructed down to a subatomic level by now, Stewart/Colbert funny the news better and even Ferguson has grooved after a truly adventurous beginning (though he still dwarfs all of them in getting stars to talk like people). I'll follow Dave to the grave, but i'm otherwise done with the form.

They brought up an interesting point about Fallon being too nice. Letterman and Carson had an edge that made for good TV when there was tension between them and a guest. Even Kimmel has his share of drama, whether it's fake (Matt Damon) or instigated by Cousin Sal. But Fallon is nothing but a butt-kisser! It seems to me that the audience is going to get bored with the same fawning interview segments night after night.
And yet he is winning his time slot in the all important 18-49 demo.

If Leno does this, it's OK. If somebody else does this, they're a failure. This is the cardinal rule of NBC late night.

Do you guys actually watch this stuff? i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Grew up on Carson, and Letterman presides over my outlook like a patron saint, but I'm on board with this sentiment. The media day has been deconsructed down to a subatomic level by now, Stewart/Colbert funny the news better and even Ferguson has grooved after a truly adventurous beginning (though he still dwarfs all of them in getting stars to talk like people). I'll follow Dave to the grave, but i'm otherwise done with the form.
Wikkid?

There's nothing easier to fall asleep to than a Jay Leno monologue. Monica Lewinski jokes in 2013? Good grief.

As as Fallon, I don't think he's the funniest person in the world, but he's far from the worst host. I would probably watch him more often if he was on earlier. I only see a few bits and pieces, but some of his stuff is really good. Like everyone who has an hour show five days a week, not all of it is great.

I think the "blue haired crowd" not getting him is over stated. Not that it matters, but he's actually older than Carson when he took over the tonight show. He's not a goophy as Conan, and has a certain charm that I could see, if not attracting at least not repelling the older crowd.

Do you guys actually watch this stuff? i watch the occasional fallon viral video if someone links to it hear, but otherwise i'm either asleep at that time, trying to fall asleep with something easier to fall asleep to like a book, porking, or watching a sporting event that's keeping me up.
Wikkid?
Not Wikkid. He didn't say that he grew up on Steve Allen and Jack Paar is his patron saint.

Watch Fallon for the music and occasional guest I'm interested in. Happy for him. Just hope he keeps the music vibe the same.

Thanks for posting this. Bill Carter is certainly the go-to guy on this topic.

Most interesting thing to me was that they think that Seth Meyers is the front-runner to take over Fallon. Makes sense, but I had never heard about or thought of it.

Users who are viewing this thread