What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's hear the ridiculous dynasty trade offers for Jones (1 Viewer)

This trade happened about 10 minutes ago. 12 Team Dynasty PPR.

Team A gave up:

Julio Jones

Brandon Pettigrew

Team B gave up:

Marshawn Lynch

Garrett Graham

Offered Randall Cobb and Keenan Allen to a 1-4 team for Julio.

Was quickly rejected.
If the other team was 4-1 I'm betting it would have been accepted

I just dealt Julio and Brian Quick for Cobb and Denarius Moore because my team is built to compete now and I have no rookie picks in 2014. If I weren't 4-1 I never would've accepted the deal. In my league Cobb is averaging roughly 1 pt per week less than Julio so the hit isn't huge...and Cobb is 23 and generally considered a top 10 WR in dynasty....Still hurts to move him though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pulled this one off myself. My team is 500 right now and the Julio owner is 4-2.

I send: Reggie Bush, Torrey Smith, 2014 2nd

He sends: Julio Jones, 2014 1st, 2014 3rd.

I asked for the 1st and Julio originally, he countered by adding the swap of 2nd and 3rd round picks. Kind of tanks this season for me since my RBs have little depth. Any thoughts?

Just pulled this one off myself. My team is 500 right now and the Julio owner is 4-2.

I asked for the 1st and Julio originally, he countered by adding the swap of 2nd and 3rd round picks. Kind of tanks this season for me since my RBs have little depth. Any thoughts?
Good move. Not a steal, but looks like a win-win.

actually looks like a GIANT steal.

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

this.

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

this.
it cannot be categorized as a giant steal at this moment because nobody knows how Julio's future health will hold up. While he certainly might end up coming back to be the same player he was before the injury--it's absurd to assume that he will be. Until Julio gets back, all it can be considered is a good deal where the upside risk has a likelihood of paying off big time. Calling it a huge steal at this moment is putting the cart way before the horse.

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

this.
it cannot be categorized as a giant steal at this moment because nobody knows how Julio's future health will hold up. While he certainly might end up coming back to be the same player he was before the injury--it's absurd to assume that he will be. Until Julio gets back, all it can be considered is a good deal where the upside risk has a likelihood of paying off big time. Calling it a huge steal at this moment is putting the cart way before the horse.
Well said.

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

this.
It's not a huge sample, but the doctor performing the surgery on Julio did a case study of 8 athletes he did the same surgery to. 8/8 of them returned to their former level of play with no complications.

Julio is a freak athlete who works extremely hard, so don't see why he would be the first failure for this doctor.

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

this.
It's not a huge sample, but the doctor performing the surgery on Julio did a case study of 8 athletes he did the same surgery to. 8/8 of them returned to their former level of play with no complications.

Julio is a freak athlete who works extremely hard, so don't see why he would be the first failure for this doctor.
I agree--and I personally do believe that Julio will most likely return to being an elite player--but assuming it is a 100% certainty is jumping the gun. He was a freak athlete before Monday and had a screw that a great doctor installed break on him. Until he comes back and the proof is in the pudding , my point is that calling any decent or solid deal involving him "a steal" at this very moment is premature. This is not being negative or pessimistic--as I'm a big Julio fan--this is just the reality of the situation.

In a 12 team PPR, I offered this to the Julio owner. I am rebuilding and don't mind points out of my lineup. He is looking to contend this year, but will keep his eye on the future:

Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, Rashad Jennings, 2014 1st (late), 2014 2nd (mid), 2014 3rd (mid)

For

Julio Jones and Michael Crabtree

Thoughts?

In a 12 team PPR, I offered this to the Julio owner. I am rebuilding and don't mind points out of my lineup. He is looking to contend this year, but will keep his eye on the future:

Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, Rashad Jennings, 2014 1st (late), 2014 2nd (mid), 2014 3rd (mid)

For

Thoughts?
let us know if he accepts it, seems like a fair offer. at least compared to many of the others in this thread.

For

Thoughts?
Throwing all those picks in the offer may get it accepted. Makes the offer look pretty stout with Thomas.

Was offered Cobb/2014 3rd for Julio. I gave it some thought, as I'm defending champ and obviously losing Julio hurts. I think adding Cobb would go a long way in helping me repeat as champ, but I'm not sure it's enough for Julio. This is 12 team non ppr dynasty. Other WRs: Calvin/Cruz/Bowe/Randle

ghostguy123 said:
Bamac said:
superbigpimping420 said:

Agreed. How can't it be? Your team will do worse now, Smith (I feel) will regress to the mean, the 2014 draft class looks to be loaded and you get the best player in the deal.

Tybeeman said:
Was offered Cobb/2014 3rd for Julio. I gave it some thought, as I'm defending champ and obviously losing Julio hurts. I think adding Cobb would go a long way in helping me repeat as champ, but I'm not sure it's enough for Julio. This is 12 team non ppr dynasty. Other WRs: Calvin/Cruz/Bowe/Randle
I'd try to move Bowe/Randle for a productive WR and keep Julio. You have the depth to stash Julio and still make a run at the title.

And really, can you expect better than Cobb+, if you're hell bent on winning now?

Calvin/Green/Dez/Demaryius are all in the same tier as Julio. No ones making that deal.
I just traded Calvin for Julio and third round rookie pick.
That doesn't make sense to me whether you're competing or rebuilding. Sorry.
I think that's a short sighted opinion. Sorry.

I had Julio rated as my #1 dynasty WR entering this year. Until today's news he was my #1 rated WR in any format and next year he'll likely be my #1 rated dynasty WR.

If you have a team that's not going to make the playoffs and you have a chance to get a player you value as much if not more and get several years younger I don't see how you don't make that move to be honest. Especially when no matter what kind of stats Calvin puts up this year his age is going to make him a declining asset.
I would take the following over Julio

Calvin

Dez

D Thomas

AJ Green

Possibly Cobb

This is the 2nd serious injury to the same foot ... he is going to lose a little and if it happens again he is done

Calvin

Dez

D Thomas

AJ Green

Possibly Cobb

This is the 2nd serious injury to the same foot ... he is going to lose a little and if it happens again he is done
So say 2-3 years from now he manages to break a bone in his foot again, he is "done"??

And really, can you expect better than Cobb+, if you're hell bent on winning now?

Calvin/Green/Dez/Demaryius are all in the same tier as Julio. No ones making that deal.
I just traded Calvin for Julio and third round rookie pick.
That doesn't make sense to me whether you're competing or rebuilding. Sorry.
I think that's a short sighted opinion. Sorry.

I had Julio rated as my #1 dynasty WR entering this year. Until today's news he was my #1 rated WR in any format and next year he'll likely be my #1 rated dynasty WR.

If you have a team that's not going to make the playoffs and you have a chance to get a player you value as much if not more and get several years younger I don't see how you don't make that move to be honest. Especially when no matter what kind of stats Calvin puts up this year his age is going to make him a declining asset.

Calvin

Dez

D Thomas

AJ Green

Possibly Cobb

I don't agree with either of those two assumptions you are making about Julio but fine if you feel that way.

But if you are going to ding a guy over foot/injury issues might want to take a look a closer look at Demaryius Thomas.

Users who are viewing this thread