What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's talk draft strategy Re-drafts Pick#1 (1 Viewer)

I have the #1 pick, gonna get LT. (12 team league)My problem is, I know TO is gonna be there at 24.I'm tempted to grab Walker over TO (assuming holt/harrison/moss/cj) are gone. Between Walker, Horn, TO at 24, who do you take?

Should I trade the #1 pick for the following in a 14 round draft:

I give:

Pick 1.01 (basically LT)

Pick 5.01

I receive:

Pick 1.06

Pick 3.06
Yes. 4 Picks in the top 30 is not bad.You could be looking a foursome the likes of: Deuce McCallister, Marvin Harrison, Brian Westbrook, and Javon Walker.

Tough to beat.

But the basic question is whether the value differential between the 1.01 and 1.06 picks is greater or less than the 3.06 and 5.01 pick. I think it is.
So do you think LT will greatly outproduce the players who will be available at #6?
Greatly outproduce? No. Outproduce? Yes.I still think the spread you get between a guy you take at 3.06 vs. 5.01 will be significantly greater.

At 1.01 vs. 1.06, you're talking about LT vs. a Deuce McCallister/Jamal Lewis/Willis McGahee.

At 3.06 vs. 5.01, you're talking about a Javon Walker/Stephen Jackson vs. a Isaac Bruce/Michael Bennett

I have the #1 pick, gonna get LT. (12 team league)

My problem is, I know TO is gonna be there at 24.

I'm tempted to grab Walker over TO (assuming holt/harrison/moss/cj) are gone.

Between Walker, Horn, TO at 24, who do you take?
IMHO you take TO, although it is close with Walker - horn is a distant thirdGood Luck

I have not read this whole thread but with Rb's flying off the board in drafts this year it would seem in leagues starting 3 WR, 2 WR and some even a flex with 1/2 or 1 pt per reception that VDB or a contrarian point of view may work this year and in dynasty especially if you are just starting a league. WR's in dynasty will have a longer life than RB, not as injury prone and can get more value. I would say this works in redraft just as well. I know that is what I have done in most of my leagues as players such as Bell, Taylor, Jordan, Foster eyc there are a lot of ifs. In some leagues I have gotten 3 top 15 WR's plus a top 8 back in the first four rounds because of this RB craze. WE will see if this works or if I pay the price.
The reality seems to be that at 2.12/3.01, a lot of these decisions will sort themselves out. If two of the top 5-6 WRs fall to you at 2.12 and 3.01, then that means in all likelihood the majority of the top RBs have already been taken. On the other hand, if none of those top 5-6 WRs are there for you, then you can assume that there will be a few very good RBs there for you.The one trick in this, it seems to me, is what happens if a Culpepper slides down to the 2.12/3.01 slot. Do you take him? Do you take a McNabb? I personally think there's tremendous depth at the QB position this year (13 legit starters) so I think it's a waste. But Culpepper could be the best of the remaining top tier players. That's the one possibility that concerns me.
I am in the same boat I have 1st pick then I have 2.24 then 3.12, 4.01 and 5.05 am going to take LT and on 2.24 wait and see what happen . I my have to go rb,rb,wr,wr,qb or rb,wr,rb,rb qb but at 3.12 all the rb will be gone.We start 1qb 2 Rb 2wr 1TE, 1 k 1def

Well I thought I would share what happened in my draft. I was very disappointed at first, but after looking at the team strengths overall in my DD software I ranked 1st. Not sure how to take that as I have done that in 2 other leagues. I am amazed at some really strong middle round picks that I try and target get takend rounds before I have a chance to grab them...I would encourage you to throw most of the ADP out the window...if you have a chance to get the guy you want and you really believe he is a big difference maker, I say grab him!

12 team league, 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/1-FLex/1PK/1Def/ST

4Pts PassTD, 6Pts rush/rec, 1pt 25pas/10rush/10rec...3pt bonus 300pass/100yds combined rushing or receiving.

1.01: L.Tomlinson: No justification needed I guess. I chix out on Priest and wanted to simply take a guy that if he stays healthy should be a lock somewhere in the top...top7-8 for sure. I might not win with this pick and I am not expecting Tomlinson to actually end the season #1...but top3-5 would be great. I didn't want to be out of the running come the 3rd week of the season.

2.12: Let me first say that there were 5 WR taken before this pick...none of that super elite top5(Moss, Owens, Holt, CJ, Harrison), none of them fell to me. Was MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED! MASSIVELY! Only Manning went at the #3 spot...I didn't want to feel pressure to take Culpepper. Curtis Martin was on the board and #14 on my board...I would have rather had Lamont Jordan but the bozo that took Manning at #3 grabbed Jordan on the way down...I asked him if he thought Jordan was primed for a big year...he shrugged his shoulders as if to say who knows? He didn't even realize what he was getting IMO. I looked at Steven Jackson here for the flex, he's younger but I just feel that CuMart will see the ball more often. I also looked at my colored tiers that I printed out and CuMart was the last of my 3rd tier RB so I had to take him if I believe in what I preach around here.

3.01: Javon Walker: Again I looked at my tiers and he was one of the few topflight WR ont he board. I could have grabbed Jackson here as my 3rd RB or Culpepper and been done with it. I considered Reggie Wayne here too because I could grab Donald Driver on the 4th/5th turn. I thought it was to grab 1 strong WR and settled on Walker.

4.12: Larry Fitzgerald: Plain and simple, players were flying off the board b4 the ADP that I was working off of...I could risk trying to get him in the latter part of the 6th round...wasn't gonna happen. I have him in my top12 for projections...he will have to perform high to justify this pick. Michael Clayton went at 4.10...I couldn't get him. Roy Williams, Steve Smith, DJax, H.Ward, and Drew Bennett all went in this round...I had to lock up someone. Boldin went at 5.02...than the Chris Chambers of the world started to become available. Driver would have been here but I already took Walker which I am happy with, he is clearly the better WR of the 2 of them...Driver benefits from Walker.

5.01: Marc Bulger:No value anywhere. Too early to start to grabbing Eddie Kennison...or so I thought(went at 6.02!), and Tatum bell, "Cadillac" Williams, JJ Arington, all long gone...DeShawn Foster gone, Ronnie Brown, Mike Bennett, Barlow, Suggs and Fred Taylor were the RB available for a 3rd RB here. Thing is we only have to start 1RB...I felt like maybe I could justify Bulger who I think has the best trio of WR in the NFL to work with, short of Manning perhaps. I am high on the Rams pass attack this season...Jackson will help them by doing well in his limited carries on the ground...so it's Bombs away at QB and take Bulger with this pick. I know Bulger gets lumped nto a group that goes from him at #4 to about Aaron Brroks at #12...maybe even a little further....they can't all be all stars this year. Bulger is one of the few from that pack that could creep into the top2-3 in the league, why not roll the dice on him here.

6.12: Chris Brown: Far from sexy but the fact is brown did rush for 1,000 yds last season. Fact is he is relatively healthy right now. Fact is Norm Chow's offense favors short passes and he can catch the ball...he might get 3-4 catches a game...a huge plus for someone I am loking for Flex/Bye week filler from. Believe it or not Larry Johnson was on the board here...makes me sick to think the owner drafted him and didn't have to burn the high pick...(However that dumb owner didn't grab him and now simply has Priest, LJ went at 7.02). Thomas Jones was available but I hate the Chicago offense and Cedric Benson's production is up in the air...Bettis was available...that's abou it. Maybe not a great pick but it secured me a #3RB and that was fine with me. Henry is not 100% right now so looks like Brown will be the starter on opening day.

7.01: Isaac Bruce: Again this is far from a sexy pick but after a boom or bust selection like Fitz in the 4th you better come up with some steady eddies to balance out your team. Yeah I would have liked to have grabbed Branch, but I also wanted some piints I could count on. I have heard the reports of his heart...and you'll see how I backed this pick up later. I now have a nice connection with Bulger/Bruce that should lead to some nice points. If Bruce can give me 1,000 yds and 6-8 TD I will be very happy.

8.12: Donte Stallworth: At thi spoint is simply a matter of taste/choice. I had Stallworth in my top25 and ahead of Bruce but I gambled I could get him here. As a WR4 in a 12 team league he will far outplay a 40-48 ranking IMO. I think I did well getting him.

9.01: Aaron Brooks: I could have waited at QB but I could see everyone had a #1Qb but 1 team so I wanted to get my 2nd QB before the QB2 rush...wanted to be ahead. While there are a lot of QB...Brooks was the last of my top12 group. I felt it would be better to get him on my team. Their was nothing at RB/WR I desired here. TE would wait 1 more round as the Shockeys/Crumplers/Clarks were long gone. I had my eye on LJ Smith but I thought I might get him on the next turn. My 1-2 punch of Bulger/Brooks gave me a good advantage over most of the other teams except for the guy that took Kerry Collins/Michael Vick in back to back round of 5 and 6.

10.12: L.J.Smith: Not going to over hype him but I thought this was good value down in the late 10th round.

11.01: Kevin Curtis: If Bruce has health issues or is any kind of risk...or if god forbid Holt ever pulled up gimpy, this guy is ready to roll. I had to use a 7th and 11th round pick to lock up a good portion of the Rams pass attack. I like this pick better now knowing I already have Bruce. LLoyd and Randel El went right after him, I don't feel like I am missing out too much.

12.12: Derrick Blaylock: I'm not sold he would do well if he did have to start but with CuMart being as old as he is and with the wear and tear I thought it wise to back him up. If LT goes down I'm ####ed so I am not going to reach for Turner(he did look good today), but I felt better about CuMart once I had his backup.

13.01: Cincinnati: They play Cleveland twice, Chicago, and a bunch of other rather easy teams to defense against. I sort of followed Chase on this one and will get the other part to this combo later in the draft. All the teams had their starting defenses and I didn't want to get stuck sorting through the trash for a defense.

14.12: Joey Galloway: Won't be starting him very often but he could benefit from michael Clayton double teams. A 750+ yd and 5-7TD season would not surprise me...could be used as a filler in a trade for 1 of the needy teams in this league.

15.01: Frank Gore: In his limited carries in the preseason has looked sharp. Not expecting 1,000 yards from him but if San Fran goes down hill they might turn to him and see what he can do. I do not expect Barlow to run 300 times this season. Gore will get action.

16.12: Brandon Jones: I have grabbed him late in all my drafts. he is in a great situation and might prove valuable, I know rookie WR never do much but he could surprise. McNair is going to throw one way or the other...people will see just how good he made Mason look while he was in TN. He is my WR7 so it doesn't matter if he bombs, I'm not losing anything.

17.01 Detroit Lions: Read Chase's article. This combined with Cinci makes a nice DBBC this season. Detroit also has a great return man in Drummond.

18.12: Mike Nugent: I flip thru Kickers all season till I get comfy with 1. We had to draft 1 PK or I would not have taken any till right before the 1st week of the season. Nugent plays KC the 1st week and it should be a fireworks extravaganza so that's why I chose him, very simple.

That's my draft. Don't rate my team, DD software had it ranked #1 overall. I seem to be in the top3-4 in most categories so that's probably why it rated high on the team strengths part of the DD software.

QB: Bulger, Brooks

RB: LT2, CuMart, C.Brown, Blaylock, F.Gore

WR: J.Walker, L.Fitz, I.Bruce, D.Stallworth, K.Curtis, J.Galloway, B.Jones

TE: LJ SMith

PK: Nugent

Def/ST: Cincinnati and Detroit

Hope this helps some of you. Fire away with questions and I will try and answer them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I thought I would share what happened in my draft. I was very disappointed at first, but after looking at the team strengths overall in my DD software I ranked 1st. Not sure how to take that as I have done that in 2 other leagues. I am amazed at some really strong middle round picks that I try and target get takend rounds before I have a chance to grab them...I would encourage you to throw most of the ADP out the window...if you have a chance to get the guy you want and you really believe he is a big difference maker, I say grab him!

4Pts PassTD, 6Pts rush/rec, 1pt 25pas/10rush/10rec...3pt bonus 300pass/100yds combined rushing or receiving.

1.01: L.Tomlinson: No justification needed I guess. I chix out on Priest and wanted to simply take a guy that if he stays healthy should be a lock somewhere in the top...top7-8 for sure. I might not win with this pick and I am not expecting Tomlinson to actually end the season #1...but top3-5 would be great. I didn't want to be out of the running come the 3rd week of the season.

2.12: Let me first say that there were 5 WR taken before this pick...none of that super elite top5(Moss, Owens, Holt, CJ, Harrison), none of them fell to me. Was MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED! MASSIVELY! Only Manning went at the #3 spot...I didn't want to feel pressure to take Culpepper. Curtis Martin was on the board and #14 on my board...I would have rather had Lamont Jordan but the bozo that took Manning at #3 grabbed Jordan on the way down...I asked him if he thought Jordan was primed for a big year...he shrugged his shoulders as if to say who knows? He didn't even realize what he was getting IMO. I looked at Steven Jackson here for the flex, he's younger but I just feel that CuMart will see the ball more often. I also looked at my colored tiers that I printed out and CuMart was the last of my 3rd tier RB so I had to take him if I believe in what I preach around here.

3.01: Javon Walker: Again I looked at my tiers and he was one of the few topflight WR ont he board. I could have grabbed Jackson here as my 3rd RB or Culpepper and been done with it. I considered Reggie Wayne here too because I could grab Donald Driver on the 4th/5th turn. I thought it was to grab 1 strong WR and settled on Walker.

4.12: Larry Fitzgerald: Plain and simple, players were flying off the board b4 the ADP that I was working off of...I could risk trying to get him in the latter part of the 6th round...wasn't gonna happen. I have him in my top12 for projections...he will have to perform high to justify this pick. Michael Clayton went at 4.10...I couldn't get him. Roy Williams, Steve Smith, DJax, H.Ward, and Drew Bennett all went in this round...I had to lock up someone. Boldin went at 5.02...than the Chris Chambers of the world started to become available. Driver would have been here but I already took Walker which I am happy with, he is clearly the better WR of the 2 of them...Driver benefits from Walker.

5.01: Marc Bulger:No value anywhere. Too early to start to grabbing Eddie Kennison...or so I thought(went at 6.02!), and Tatum bell, "Cadillac" Williams, JJ Arington, all long gone...DeShawn Foster gone, Ronnie Brown, Mike Bennett, Barlow, Suggs and Fred Taylor were the RB available for a 3rd RB here. Thing is we only have to start 1RB...I felt like maybe I could justify Bulger who I think has the best trio of WR in the NFL to work with, short of Manning perhaps. I am high on the Rams pass attack this season...Jackson will help them by doing well in his limited carries on the ground...so it's Bombs away at QB and take Bulger with this pick. I know Bulger gets lumped nto a group that goes from him at #4 to about Aaron Brroks at #12...maybe even a little further....they can't all be all stars this year. Bulger is one of the few from that pack that could creep into the top2-3 in the league, why not roll the dice on him here.

6.12: Chris Brown: Far from sexy but the fact is brown did rush for 1,000 yds last season. Fact is he is relatively healthy right now. Fact is Norm Chow's offense favors short passes and he can catch the ball...he might get 3-4 catches a game...a huge plus for someone I am loking for Flex/Bye week filler from. Believe it or not Larry Johnson was on the board here...makes me sick to think the owner drafted him and didn't have to burn the high pick...(However that dumb owner didn't grab him and now simply has Priest, LJ went at 7.02). Thomas Jones was available but I hate the Chicago offense and Cedric Benson's production is up in the air...Bettis was available...that's abou it. Maybe not a great pick but it secured me a #3RB and that was fine with me. Henry is not 100% right now so looks like Brown will be the starter on opening day.

7.01: Isaac Bruce: Again this is far from a sexy pick but after a boom or bust selection like Fitz in the 4th you better come up with some steady eddies to balance out your team. Yeah I would have liked to have grabbed Branch, but I also wanted some piints I could count on. I have heard the reports of his heart...and you'll see how I backed this pick up later. I now have a nice connection with Bulger/Bruce that should lead to some nice points. If Bruce can give me 1,000 yds and 6-8 TD I will be very happy.

8.12: Donte Stallworth: At thi spoint is simply a matter of taste/choice. I had Stallworth in my top25 and ahead of Bruce but I gambled I could get him here. As a WR4 in a 12 team league he will far outplay a 40-48 ranking IMO. I think I did well getting him.

9.01: Aaron Brooks: I could have waited at QB but I could see everyone had a #1Qb but 1 team so I wanted to get my 2nd QB before the QB2 rush...wanted to be ahead. While there are a lot of QB...Brooks was the last of my top12 group. I felt it would be better to get him on my team. Their was nothing at RB/WR I desired here. TE would wait 1 more round as the Shockeys/Crumplers/Clarks were long gone. I had my eye on LJ Smith but I thought I might get him on the next turn. My 1-2 punch of Bulger/Brooks gave me a good advantage over most of the other teams except for the guy that took Kerry Collins/Michael Vick in back to back round of 5 and 6.

10.12: L.J.Smith: Not going to over hype him but I thought this was good value down in the late 10th round.

11.01: Kevin Curtis: If Bruce has health issues or is any kind of risk...or if god forbid Holt ever pulled up gimpy, this guy is ready to roll. I had to use a 7th and 11th round pick to lock up a good portion of the Rams pass attack. I like this pick better now knowing I already have Bruce. LLoyd and Randel El went right after him, I don't feel like I am missing out too much.

12.12: Derrick Blaylock: I'm not sold he would do well if he did have to start but with CuMart being as old as he is and with the wear and tear I thought it wise to back him up. If LT goes down I'm ####ed so I am not going to reach for Turner(he did look good today), but I felt better about CuMart once I had his backup.

13.01: Cincinnati: They play Cleveland twice, Chicago, and a bunch of other rather easy teams to defense against. I sort of followed Chase on this one and will get the other part to this combo later in the draft. All the teams had their starting defenses and I didn't want to get stuck sorting through the trash for a defense.

14.12: Joey Galloway: Won't be starting him very often but he could benefit from michael Clayton double teams. A 750+ yd and 5-7TD season would not surprise me...could be used as a filler in a trade for 1 of the needy teams in this league.

15.01: Frank Gore: In his limited carries in the preseason has looked sharp. Not expecting 1,000 yards from him but if San Fran goes down hill they might turn to him and see what he can do. I do not expect Barlow to run 300 times this season. Gore will get action.

16.12: Brandon Jones: I have grabbed him late in all my drafts. he is in a great situation and might prove valuable, I know rookie WR never do much but he could surprise. McNair is going to throw one way or the other...people will see just how good he made Mason look while he was in TN. He is my WR7 so it doesn't matter if he bombs, I'm not losing anything.

17.01 Detroit Lions: Read Chase's article. This combined with Cinci makes a nice DBBC this season. Detroit also has a great return man in Drummond.

18.12: Mike Nugent: I flip thru Kickers all season till I get comfy with 1. We had to draft 1 PK or I would not have taken any till right before the 1st week of the season. Nugent plays KC the 1st week and it should be a fireworks extravaganza so that's why I chose him, very simple.

That's my draft. Don't rate my team, DD software had it ranked #1 overall. I seem to be in the top3-4 in most categories so that's probably why it rated high on the team strengths part of the DD software.

Hope this helps some of you. Fire away with questions and I will try and answer them.
Nice draft, MOP. You should do very well this season in that league. I really think the 1st pick is the best one to have this year.

Nice draft, MOP. You should do very well this season in that league. I really think the 1st pick is the best one to have this year.

Thanks. I think the 1.12/2.01 is a great place because you get 2 top10 RB potentially and 2 top10 WR usually if things go just right in the 3/4 turn.

Not that anyone cares, but in the Staff/MB Survivor League (that we are not supposed to talk about yet), I took Holmes at 1.02. I was fortunate enough to get Harrison and TO in my next picks and intended to take LJ at 4.11.However, Fred Taylor was still on the board, and in a Survivor format I would rather have a guy pegged to play every day than a guy whose value is mostly derived from injuries to a starter RB. So in a Survivor format, I took Taylor at 4.11.I would have taken LJ at 5.02--except Cowboy took him with one of his picks. So I took Roy Williams instead to have Holmes/Taylor/Harrison/Owens/RWilliams through 5 rounds.

I draft from the 1 spot of a 12 teamer this weekend. LT will be my #1. Looking at the 2/3 turn it appears there were some good RBs still on the board which you addressed. I am wondering why you elected to reach for Walker rather than take Culpepper or even Gonzalez who should have been a better value at that 3rd round pick. I am not saying it was a bad pick but just trying to get some deeper insight into your thought process.

I draft from the 1 spot of a 12 teamer this weekend.  LT will be my #1.  Looking at the 2/3 turn it appears there were some good RBs still on the board which you addressed.  I am wondering why you elected to reach for Walker rather than take Culpepper or even Gonzalez who should have been a better value at that 3rd round pick.  I am not saying it was a bad pick but just trying to get some deeper insight into your thought process.
I have Walker in the same tier as the top5, that's 1 of the reasons I took him here. I see no reason he cannot repeat his numbers of a year ago with Favre throwing him the ball.Gonzo was a possibility but I didn't want to burn the #25 pick on him. Walker ensured I have at least my #1WR locked up on Sunday. LT/Walker is a good starting combo. And Culpepper is someone I am not as high on this season. Moss being gone will imapct once the regular season starts. I feel like he will be top10 but not top2 again.

MOP:your top 5 wr's probably did not fall because you only have to start 1rb in your league requirements (if i read them correctly) along with a flex - i have nothing to back this up, just my own hunch, but i think that the leauge requirement of one rb allowed more rb to fall and had people thinking wr earlier rather than worrying about locking up both rb positions. Maybe this oughta be a lesson for folks drafting from 1.01 with similar league rules.glta

MOP:

your top 5 wr's probably did not fall because you only have to start 1rb in your league requirements (if i read them correctly) along with a flex - i have nothing to back this up, just my own hunch, but i think that the leauge requirement of one rb allowed more rb to fall and had people thinking wr earlier rather than worrying about locking up both rb positions. Maybe this oughta be a lesson for folks drafting from 1.01 with similar league rules.

glta
Would have been fine with me as long as Bozo at 2.10 had not drafted Lamont Jordan....I would have felt like I still came out ahead. I am sure the violins will be playing for the LT/CuMart combo...it is a good 1 in this league but other guys have combos like Deuce/Portis(#5 pick got this combo), WR went early 2nd round.

MOP - I'm surprised you chickened out and didnt go with Priest.... you cant really go wrong with the #1 pick... I had the 1.01 pick recently and gambled with PriestIt was only a 10 team league so I also got Holt and Chad Johnson at 2.12 and 3.01 so i think it was a pretty successful draft for me...I also got LJ at 7.01... i think more often than not, LJ can be had in the 6th or 7th... most teams arent looking to hurt their own teams to hurt another owner and taking their handcuff... i gambled and won.... i just think the probability of LJ going so high is just a little too muchWith 1.01, even though I took Priest, I think the better pick might have been LT, just because it opens up more options for you during the draft. You DONT have to worry about drafting LJ and you can let the draft come to you more... and you dont have to worry about another owner taking LJ, etc etc... just my 2 cents...

MOP - I'm surprised you chickened out and didnt go with Priest.... you cant really go wrong with the #1 pick...

I had the 1.01 pick recently and gambled with Priest

It was only a 10 team league so I also got Holt and Chad Johnson at 2.12 and 3.01 so i think it was a pretty successful draft for me...

I also got LJ at 7.01... i think more often than not, LJ can be had in the 6th or 7th... most teams arent looking to hurt their own teams to hurt another owner and taking their handcuff... i gambled and won.... i just think the probability of LJ going so high is just a little too much

With 1.01, even though I took Priest, I think the better pick might have been LT, just because it opens up more options for you during the draft. You DONT have to worry about drafting LJ and you can let the draft come to you more... and you dont have to worry about another owner taking LJ, etc etc... just my 2 cents...
There were 3 guys wearing LT jerseys, those #21 jerseys were staring at me at my draft...LT was busting off a 55 yard run on the TV when I went to do my #1 pick...felt like Devine Intervention, I'm sure Joe Bryant would think so too. :D

Ok, yet another novel scoring/roster situation for comment.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex (RB or WR) , 1 TE, no point per reception.

1st 2 round avg picks in 2003 & 2004: RB=16, WR=3-4 QB=4-5 TE=0

I'm thinking I have to go LT, RB, RB since I can start up tp four RB if I want. I may be able to grab CJ at the turn but a top 20 RB as one flex seems huge in this format. I'm assuming that the other teams in my league will settle and play 2 RB & 4 WR. How would you plan to play the two flex?

I'm thinking I have to go LT, RB, RB since I can start up tp four RB if I want.  I may be able to grab CJ at the turn but a top 20 RB as one flex seems huge in this format.  I'm assuming that the other teams in my league will settle and play 2 RB & 4 WR.  How would you plan to play the two flex?
RB-RB-RB-RB-RBYou should get LT/SA 1st since you can't afford to burn a pick on LJ to ride your bench. I am sure 1 could argue there will be weeks you could put him in as an RB4...not me

You should find CuMart/S.Jackson on the turn most likely...if not than find 2 others from Dodds top20 but I would avoid Tatum bell right now.

4th round I would start looking at Bennett or any other RB avaialble...might not be too early to grab Fred Taylo...than grab a WR like Donald Driver or Steve Smith if he fell to you.

6th/7th I would grab 2 WR...Isaac Bruce has been available in most of my leagues. Rod Smith is not a bad idea here either...Eddie Kennison and the like.

I would empty the RB 1st than load up on WR as you can use them for your 2 flex spots. QB will have to wait till rounds 8/9 or even later. You need Players at the RB/WR spots.

I'm thinking I have to go LT, RB, RB since I can start up tp four RB if I want.  I may be able to grab CJ at the turn but a top 20 RB as one flex seems huge in this format.  I'm assuming that the other teams in my league will settle and play 2 RB & 4 WR.  How would you plan to play the two flex?
RB-RB-RB-RB-RBYou should get LT/SA 1st since you can't afford to burn a pick on LJ to ride your bench. I am sure 1 could argue there will be weeks you could put him in as an RB4...not me

You should find CuMart/S.Jackson on the turn most likely...if not than find 2 others from Dodds top20 but I would avoid Tatum bell right now.

4th round I would start looking at Bennett or any other RB avaialble...might not be too early to grab Fred Taylo...than grab a WR like Donald Driver or Steve Smith if he fell to you.

6th/7th I would grab 2 WR...Isaac Bruce has been available in most of my leagues. Rod Smith is not a bad idea here either...Eddie Kennison and the like.

I would empty the RB 1st than load up on WR as you can use them for your 2 flex spots. QB will have to wait till rounds 8/9 or even later. You need Players at the RB/WR spots.
Ran a few mocks and it looks like:LT

Steven Jackson

Lamont Jordan

At the 4/5 turn?: (pick two)

Barlow

F. Taylor

Bennett

Driver

Witten

Ran a few mocks and it looks like:LT

Steven Jackson

Lamont Jordan

At the 4/5 turn?: (pick two)

Barlow

F. Taylor

Bennett

Driver

Witten
TE doesn't mean much...the extra 6 points a week Gonzo would get you is gobbled up by the other positions IMO. I would take Barlow and Taylor possibly...Driver is not a bad option there either. If Jordan and Jackson fall to you, you better kiss your lucky stars.

Only one I question is overlooking Culpepper at 3.01. I would take his potential upside over Walker's possibility of being pedestrian WR.

TE doesn't mean much...the extra 6 points a week Gonzo would get you is gobbled up by the other positions IMO.
Is my math off, or does 5 or 6 points extra a week at TE equal 90-96 points over the course of 16 games?Seems to me the projected spread between Gonzalez in the 3rd and other TEs in the 5-7th rounds is much greater than the projected spreads between WRs (outside the "Top 5") going in the 3rd and those going 5th-7th. And I hope I didn't quote you out of context...Who else is against drafting Gonzalez at the 2.12/3.01 turn over a WR outside the Top 5?

1.01: L.Tomlinson: No justification needed I guess. I chix out on Priest and wanted to simply take a guy that if he stays healthy should be a lock somewhere in the top...top7-8 for sure.  I might not win with this pick and I am not expecting Tomlinson to actually end the season #1...but top3-5 would be great. I didn't want to be out of the running come the 3rd week of the season.

2.12: Let me first say that there were 5 WR taken before this pick...none of that super elite top5(Moss, Owens, Holt, CJ, Harrison), none of them fell to me. Was MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED! MASSIVELY! Only Manning went at the #3 spot...I didn't want to feel pressure to take Culpepper. Curtis Martin was on the board and #14 on my board...I would have rather had Lamont Jordan but the bozo that took Manning at #3 grabbed Jordan on the way down...I asked him if he thought Jordan was primed for a big year...he shrugged his shoulders as if to say who knows? He didn't even realize what he was getting IMO.  I looked at Steven Jackson here for the flex, he's younger but I just feel that CuMart will see the ball more often. I also looked at my colored tiers that I printed out and CuMart was the last of my 3rd tier RB so I had to take him if I believe in what I preach around here.

5.01: Marc Bulger:No value anywhere.  Too early to start to grabbing Eddie Kennison...or so I thought(went at 6.02!), and Tatum bell, "Cadillac" Williams, JJ Arington, all long gone...DeShawn Foster gone, Ronnie Brown, Mike Bennett, Barlow, Suggs and Fred Taylor were the RB available for a 3rd RB here. Thing is we only have to start 1RB...I felt like maybe I could justify Bulger who I think has the best trio of WR in the NFL to work with, short of Manning perhaps. I am high on the Rams pass attack this season...Jackson will help them by doing well in his limited carries on the ground...so it's Bombs away at QB and take Bulger with this pick. I know Bulger gets lumped nto a group that goes from him at #4 to about Aaron Brroks at #12...maybe even a little further....they can't all be all stars this year. Bulger is one of the few from that pack that could creep into the top2-3 in the league, why not roll the dice on him here.

7.01: Isaac Bruce: Again this is far from a sexy pick but after a boom or bust selection like Fitz in the 4th you better come up with some steady eddies to balance out your team.  Yeah I would have liked to have grabbed Branch, but I also wanted some piints I could count on.  I have heard the reports of his heart...and you'll see how I backed this pick up later. I now have a nice connection with Bulger/Bruce that should lead to some nice points. If Bruce can give me 1,000 yds and 6-8 TD I will be very happy.

13.01: Cincinnati: They play Cleveland twice, Chicago, and a bunch of other rather easy teams to defense against.  I sort of followed Chase on this one and will get the other part to this combo later in the draft. All the teams had their starting defenses and I didn't want to get stuck sorting through the trash for a defense.

16.12: Brandon Jones: I have grabbed him late in all my drafts.  he is in a great situation and might prove valuable, I know rookie WR never do much but he could surprise. McNair is going to throw one way or the other...people will see just how good he made Mason look while he was in TN. He is my WR7 so it doesn't matter if he bombs, I'm not losing anything.

Only one I question is overlooking Culpepper at 3.01. I would take his potential upside over Walker's possibility of being pedestrian WR.
I understand how you feel, but how many WR are going to be on the 4/5 turn qith 1200+yd and 10+TD potential? Not many. I felt kind of pushed to do this.

Had the 1st pick in a 12 man league (redraft) and this is what my team is looking like. What do you guys think 1.01 – LT 2.12–Marvin Harrison 3.12–Warrick Dunn (Rb went fast this was the best left) 4.01– Tont Gonzalez (couldn’t just leave him there) 5.05- Marc Bugler (other top 4qb gone) 6.08- Buffalo (to early but Balt gone) 7.01-Travs Henry 8.12–Ashley Leslie 9.12-Moe Williams 10.01-Larry Fitzgerald 11.08–Eric Johnson 12.05– Steve Mcnair 13.01-A Tommer 14.12–Eric Shelton 15.12–John Kasay- (what do you guys think) 16.01– Neil Rackers (???????) We start 1qb 2rb 2wr 1TE, 1pk 1defPicking a def in the 5th was to early but , I frick out i guess when all the rb were gone and 4 top qb were gone and 2 def were gone . now that i think about it it was a dum move. I saw Labrandon Toefield on ww i my try to pick him up

Had the 1st pick in a 12 man league (redraft) and this is what my team is looking like.

What do you guys think

1.01 – LT

2.12–Marvin Harrison

3.12–Warrick Dunn (Rb went fast this was the best left)

4.01– Tont Gonzalez (couldn’t just leave him there)

5.05- Marc Bugler (other top 4qb gone)

6.08- Buffalo (to early but Balt gone)

7.01-Travs Henry

8.12–Ashley Leslie

9.12-Moe Williams

10.01-Larry Fitzgerald

11.08–Eric Johnson

12.05– Steve Mcnair

13.01-A Tommer

14.12–Eric Shelton

15.12–John Kasay- (what do you guys think)

16.01– Neil Rackers (???????)

We start 1qb 2rb 2wr 1TE, 1pk 1def

Picking a def in the 5th was to early but , I frick out i guess when all the rb were gone and 4 top qb were gone and 2 def were gone . now that i think about it it was a dum move. I saw Labrandon Toefield on ww i my try to pick him up
Unless your league treats defenses like royalty, Buffalo in the 6th is too early by a large margin. I'm also not so sure about Moe in the 9th. He's gone late or undrafted in some of my drafts. Shelton, on the other hand, has gone in the 8th . . .

Had the 1st pick in a 12 man league (redraft) and this is what my team is looking like.

What do you guys think

1.01 – LT

2.12–Marvin Harrison

7.01-Travs Henry

8.12–Ashley Leslie

9.12-Moe Williams

10.01-Larry Fitzgerald

11.08–Eric Johnson

12.05– Steve Mcnair

13.01-A Tommer

14.12–Eric Shelton

Picking a def in the 5th was to early but , I frick out i guess when all the rb were gone and 4 top qb were gone and 2 def were gone . now that i think about it it was a dum move. I saw Labrandon  Toefield on ww i my try to pick him up
Unless your league treats defenses like royalty, Buffalo in the 6th is too early by a large margin. I'm also not so sure about Moe in the 9th. He's gone late or undrafted in some of my drafts. Shelton, on the other hand, has gone in the 8th . . .
How has Labrandon Toefield been drafting in what round if any because i saw him on ww

nip

I understand how you feel, but how many WR are going to be on the 4/5 turn qith 1200+yd and 10+TD potential? Not many. I felt kind of pushed to do this.
Well, you'd have had 1 of them. I just think there are MANY WRs who are in the 800-900 7TD range, and you would have also had what I consider to be a top 3 QB, regardless of Moss departure. There are only 4 Tier 1 QBs this year.

nip

Well, you'd have had 1 of them. I just think there are MANY WRs who are in the 800-900 7TD range, and you would have also had what I consider to be a top 3 QB, regardless of Moss departure. There are only 4 Tier 1 QBs this year.
I hope Bulger is in that group because I got him at the 5.01 pick and I thought he was perhaps the last of the potential QB that could sneak into 2 or 3 for the year.

nip

I hope Bulger is in that group because I got him at the 5.01 pick and I thought he was perhaps the last of the potential QB that could sneak into 2 or 3 for the year.
Yep, he's #4. He's a decent dropoff from Culpepper, unless he can finally string together some TD's. I like the chances enough that I have him on a couple of my squads...specifically the squads where I had #1 overall.

12-team Redraft. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1flex, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST1.01 - LT22.12 - Westbrook3.01 - Marvin4.12 - Boldin5.01 - Steve Smith6.12 - Mike Anderson7.01 - Delhomme8.12 - Lee Suggs9.01 - Santana Moss10.12 - Janakowski11.01 - BEARS12.12 - Air McNair13.01 - McCardell14.12 - Pittman15.01 - Samie Parker16.12 - Bubba17.01 - Jason Hanson18.12 - Roddy White

12-team Redraft. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1flex, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST

1.01 - LT2

2.12 - Westbrook

3.01 - Marvin

4.12 - Boldin

5.01 - Steve Smith

6.12 - Mike Anderson

7.01 - Delhomme

8.12 - Lee Suggs

9.01 - Santana Moss

10.12 - Janakowski

11.01 - BEARS

12.12 - Air McNair

13.01 - McCardell

14.12 - Pittman

15.01 - Samie Parker

16.12 - Bubba

17.01 - Jason Hanson

18.12 - Roddy White
Westbrook was not available in my league or harrison on the turn...you did very well there. I am not high on Boldin but I might have grabbed Steve Smith had he been available at the 5.01 in my league...good job there. Anderson seems a little high as does Delhomme...both went later in my draft. Suggs(ankle injury cropped up now).QB: Delhomme/McNair...nothing wrong with this

RB: LT, Westbrook, Anderson, Suggs, Pittman...solid. LT makes them any backfield great.

WR: Harrison, SMith, Boldin, S.Moss, K.McCardell, Samie Parker, R.White...terrific! Your very strong here with tremendous depth.

TE: Bubba...weak right now but you can't be great everywhere.

Good solid draft!

I also had my draft on Sat. 12 team league, 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team Def. 1.01 LT2.12 St. Jackson (CuMar was gone, elite WRs were gone). 3.02 J. Walker(funky draft slots due to trade)Also wound up with M. Bulger in the 5th.

had my draft this past Sunday, 10-team, 2-keeper (Keepers for 1 year, 4th Round or later from previous year), 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 REC (can be TEs or WRs), 1 K, 1 DEF.I did pull off a pre-draft trade, as I didn't think I'd get much value at the 2.10-3.01 turn, part in part because some guys really got good value from their keepers (i.e., Kev Jones, McGahee and CuMart were all 5th Round Keepers this year). So given that, I felt I had to bump up in Round 2 to get another stud RB or top-Receiver...so here's how it went:1.01 Tomlinson, Ladainian 2.03 Green, Ahman (position trade)3.08 Wayne, Reggie (position trade)4.10 Fitzgerald, Larry 5.08 Dunn, Warrick (position trade)6.03 Smith, Rod (position trade)7.01 Brady, Tom 8.10 Lelie, Ashley (Keeper) 9.08 Barlow, Kevan (position trade)10.10 Elam, Jason 11.08 Stallworth, Donte' (position trade)12.10 Warner, Kurt (plays Tennesse on Brady's bye week)13.01 Bills, Buffalo Defense(Keeper) 14.10 Taylor, Travis 15.01 Droughns, Reuben 16.10 Bryant, Antonio 17.01 Brown, Josh SEA In hindsight I may be a little weaker at REC than I really want to be, but I have good depth at RB and Brady, even though he's not a real fantasy stats stud, isn't going to hurt me week to week.

I had Pick #1 in our 12 team draft this weekend. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB Flex, DEF & Kicker. We award 1 PPR & 6 points per passing TDs.1.01 - L. Tomlinson2.12 - K. Jones3.01 - J. Jones4.12 - D. Jackson5.01 - Mi. Clayton6.12 - M. Vick7.01 - T. Heap8.12 - A. Lelie9.01 - L. Johnson10.12 - D. Stallworth11.01 - S. McNair12.12 - Atlanta13.01 - M. Anderson14.12 - K. Colbert15.01 - B. Troupe16.12 - J. KasayManning, Culpepper, & McNabb all went in the first rounds. By the time the first turn came back to me TO, CJ, Moss, Holt, & Harrison were all off the board. I'm a little concerned about the Vick pick and my RB depth, but that could all work out in my favor.

I had Pick #1 in our 12 team draft this weekend.  We start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB Flex, DEF & Kicker.  We award 1 PPR & 6 points per passing TDs.

1.01 - L. Tomlinson

2.12 - K. Jones

3.01 - J. Jones

4.12 - D. Jackson

5.01 - Mi. Clayton

6.12 - M. Vick

7.01 - T. Heap

8.12 - A. Lelie

9.01 - L. Johnson

10.12 - D. Stallworth

11.01 - S. McNair

12.12 - Atlanta

13.01 - M. Anderson

14.12 - K. Colbert

15.01 - B. Troupe

16.12 - J. Kasay

Manning, Culpepper, & McNabb all went in the first rounds.  By the time the first turn came back to me TO, CJ, Moss, Holt, & Harrison were all off the board.  I'm a little concerned about the Vick pick and my RB depth, but that could all work out in my favor.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I shy away from ever using those emoticons. I guess it's possible but those players went almsot 1-2 rounds below their ADP...I'd really like to see all picks in your league for the first 6 rounds.

had my draft this past Sunday, 10-team, 2-keeper (Keepers for 1 year, 4th Round or later from previous year), 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 REC (can be TEs or WRs), 1 K, 1 DEF.

I did pull off a pre-draft trade, as I didn't think I'd get much value at the 2.10-3.01 turn, part in part because some guys really got good value from their keepers (i.e., Kev Jones, McGahee and CuMart were all 5th Round Keepers this year). So given that, I felt I had to bump up in Round 2 to get another stud RB or top-Receiver...so here's how it went:

1.01 Tomlinson, Ladainian

2.03 Green, Ahman (position trade)

3.08 Wayne, Reggie (position trade)

4.10 Fitzgerald, Larry

5.08 Dunn, Warrick (position trade)

6.03 Smith, Rod (position trade)

7.01 Brady, Tom

8.10 Lelie, Ashley (Keeper)

9.08 Barlow, Kevan (position trade)

10.10 Elam, Jason

11.08 Stallworth, Donte' (position trade)

12.10 Warner, Kurt (plays Tennesse on Brady's bye week)

13.01 Bills, Buffalo Defense(Keeper)

14.10 Taylor, Travis

15.01 Droughns, Reuben

16.10 Bryant, Antonio

17.01 Brown, Josh SEA

In hindsight I may be a little weaker at REC than I really want to be, but I have good depth at RB and Brady, even though he's not a real fantasy stats stud, isn't going to hurt me week to week.
Solid. You don't have any WR problems.

I had Pick #1 in our 12 team draft this weekend.  We start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB Flex, DEF & Kicker.  We award 1 PPR & 6 points per passing TDs.

1.01 - L. Tomlinson

2.12 - K. Jones

3.01 - J. Jones

4.12 - D. Jackson

5.01 - Mi. Clayton

6.12 - M. Vick

7.01 - T. Heap

8.12 - A. Lelie

9.01 - L. Johnson

10.12 - D. Stallworth

11.01 - S. McNair

12.12 - Atlanta

13.01 - M. Anderson

14.12 - K. Colbert

15.01 - B. Troupe

16.12 - J. Kasay

Manning, Culpepper, & McNabb all went in the first rounds.  By the time the first turn came back to me TO, CJ, Moss, Holt, & Harrison were all off the board.  I'm a little concerned about the Vick pick and my RB depth, but that could all work out in my favor.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I shy away from ever using those emoticons. I guess it's possible but those players went almsot 1-2 rounds below their ADP...I'd really like to see all picks in your league for the first 6 rounds.
Here are the first 6 rounds. FWIW, this is the first year for 2 of the teams. I'm sure you can guess who they are. 1.01 - L. Tomlinson

1.02 - S. Alexander

1.03 - P. Manning

1.04 - P. Holmes

1.05 - T. Owens

1.06 - E. James

1.07 - B. Westbrook

1.08 - D. Culpepper

1.09 - D. McNabb

1.10 - D. Davis

1.11 - D. McAllister

1.12 - W. McGahee

2.01 - J. Lewis

2.02 - T. Holt

2.03 - T. Barber

2.04 - A. Green

2.05 - C. Dillon

2.06 - R. Johnson

2.07 - C. Portis

2.08 - M. Harrison

2.09 - R. Moss

2.10 - C. Martin

2.11 - C. Johnson

2.12 - K. Jones

3.01 - J. Jones

3.02 - L. Jordan

3.03 - S. Jackson

3.04 - R. Wayne

3.05 - T. Bell

3.06 - J. Horn

3.07 - W. Dunn

3.08 - J. Bettis

3.09 - T. Gonzalez

3.10 - A. Gates

3.11 - K. Barlow

3.12 - J. Walker

4.01 - T. Green

4.02 - M. Bulger

4.03 - D. Foster

4.04 - H. Ward

4.05 - Baltimore

4.06 - F. Taylor

4.07 - N. Burleson

4.08 - J. Shockey

4.09 - D. Brees

4.10 - C. Williams

4.11 - A. Johnson

4.12 - D. Jackson

5.01 - Mi. Clayton

5.02 - C. Brown

5.03 - L. Fitzgerald

5.04 - J. Witten

5.05 - B. Favre

5.06 - K. Collins

5.07 - I. Bruce

5.08 - D. Bennett

5.09 - C. Chambers

5.10 - L. Coles

5.11 - T. Jones

5.12 - D. Driver

6.01 - D. Staley

6.02 - Ro. Williams

6.03 - T. Brady

6.04 - M. Pittman

6.05 - B. Edwards

6.06 - D. Mason

6.07 - S. Smith

6.08 - A. Boldin

6.09 - Ji. Smith

6.10 - M. Bennett

6.11 - A. Brooks

6.12 - M. Vick

Much easier to digest Jafo. Looks like people don't know as much about the Jones boys as you and I and these boards do. Great value there. You got 2 great WR in MC and DJax, you can always trade 1 of the Jones boys for a RB3 and a topflight WR if you needed it.Tremendous draft my friend.

I also just finished a 12 team redraft, start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def. I drafted first. Here is the result:1.01 - LT2.12 - Holt3.01 - C. Johnson4.12 - K. Collins5.01 - JJ Arrington6.12 - W. Dunn7.01 - M. Bennett8.12 - Pittsburgh9.01 - Vanderjagt10.12 - M. Muhammed11.01 - Brees12.12 - B. Franks13.01 - D. Givens14.12 - C. Cooley15.01 - M. Turner16.12 - A. Randel-ElAll of Dodd's "top 20" RBs were gone by 2.11. Owens went at 3.02. Manning, C-pep and McNabb were taken in Rds. 1-2; so were Moss and Harrison. All else were rb (except I took Holt).

I also just finished a 12 team redraft, start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def. I drafted first. Here is the result:

1.01 - LT

2.12 - Holt

3.01 - C. Johnson

4.12 - K. Collins

5.01 - JJ Arrington

6.12 - W. Dunn

7.01 - M. Bennett

8.12 - Pittsburgh

9.01 - Vanderjagt

10.12 - M. Muhammed

11.01 - Brees

12.12 - B. Franks

13.01 - D. Givens

14.12 - C. Cooley

15.01 - M. Turner

16.12 - A. Randel-El

All of Dodd's "top 20" RBs were gone by 2.11. Owens went at 3.02. Manning, C-pep and McNabb were taken in Rds. 1-2; so were Moss and Harrison. All else were rb (except I took Holt).
Beautiful! No WR matchup reports to read this season. Dunn and Arington will toggle the other RB spot. Bennett may still prove some worth. Good draft.

I had Pick #1 in our 12 team draft this weekend. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB Flex, DEF & Kicker. We award 1 PPR & 6 points per passing TDs.

1.01 - L. Tomlinson

2.12 - K. Jones

3.01 - J. Jones

4.12 - D. Jackson

5.01 - Mi. Clayton

6.12 - M. Vick

7.01 - T. Heap

8.12 - A. Lelie

9.01 - L. Johnson

10.12 - D. Stallworth

11.01 - S. McNair

12.12 - Atlanta

13.01 - M. Anderson

14.12 - K. Colbert

15.01 - B. Troupe

16.12 - J. Kasay

Manning, Culpepper, & McNabb all went in the first rounds. By the time the first turn came back to me TO, CJ, Moss, Holt, & Harrison were all off the board. I'm a little concerned about the Vick pick and my RB depth, but that could all work out in my favor.
That's an unbelievable team!!! Not big on your backup WRs but if Clayton and DJax stay healthy you could tear up your league!!! 3 #1 clibur RBs, WOW!!!

10 of 12 spot in a redraft this past weekend. (1/2/3/1/1/1) FBG scoring (except 1/50 qbs)QB K. Boller BAL 3QB B. Griese TB 7(at 1/50 for passing yards I could easily do fine with these qb's)RB T. Bell DEN 9RB T. Duckett ATL 8RB D. Foster CAR 7RB S. Jackson STL 9RB D. McAllister NO 10WR T. Holt STL 9WR D. Jackson SEA 8WR A. Lelie DEN 9WR B. Lloyd SF 6WR S. Moss WAS 3TE C. Cooley WAS 3PK J. Elam DEN 9Def Bengals CIN 10

10 of 12 spot in a redraft this past weekend. (1/2/3/1/1/1) FBG scoring (except 1/50 qbs)

QB K. Boller BAL 3

QB B. Griese TB 7

(at 1/50 for passing yards I could easily do fine with these qb's)

RB T. Bell DEN 9

RB T. Duckett ATL 8

RB D. Foster CAR 7

RB S. Jackson STL 9

RB D. McAllister NO 10

WR T. Holt STL 9

WR D. Jackson SEA 8

WR A. Lelie DEN 9

WR B. Lloyd SF 6

WR S. Moss WAS 3

TE C. Cooley WAS 3

PK J. Elam DEN 9

Def Bengals CIN 10
I like the RB/WR, not sure how the QB will work out for you. I have chilled on Griese a bit, mainly because I have been able to take Superior QB in the draft at value slots.

10 of 12 spot in a redraft this past weekend. (1/2/3/1/1/1) FBG scoring (except 1/50 qbs)

QB K. Boller BAL 3

QB B. Griese TB 7

(at 1/50 for passing yards I could easily do fine with these qb's)

RB T. Bell DEN 9

RB T. Duckett ATL 8

RB D. Foster CAR 7

RB S. Jackson STL 9

RB D. McAllister NO 10

WR T. Holt STL 9

WR D. Jackson SEA 8

WR A. Lelie DEN 9

WR B. Lloyd SF 6

WR S. Moss WAS 3

TE C. Cooley WAS 3

PK J. Elam DEN 9

Def Bengals CIN 10
I like the RB/WR, not sure how the QB will work out for you. I have chilled on Griese a bit, mainly because I have been able to take Superior QB in the draft at value slots.
Yeah I missed the QB run since i had a late pick and people starting taking backups earlier than I expected. In this scoring system I have Griese or Boller getting my on average 11pts per week and the #8 QB (favre) getting 13ppg. QBs were highly overvalued in this draft and scoring system.

had my draft this past Sunday, 10-team, 2-keeper (Keepers for 1 year, 4th Round or later from previous year), 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 REC (can be TEs or WRs), 1 K, 1 DEF.

I did pull off a pre-draft trade, as I didn't think I'd get much value at the 2.10-3.01 turn, part in part because some guys really got good value from their keepers (i.e., Kev Jones, McGahee and CuMart were all 5th Round Keepers this year).  So given that, I felt I had to bump up in Round 2 to get another stud RB or top-Receiver...so here's how it went:

1.01 Tomlinson, Ladainian 

2.03 Green, Ahman   (position trade)

3.08 Wayne, Reggie (position trade)

4.10 Fitzgerald, Larry

5.08 Dunn, Warrick (position trade)

6.03 Smith, Rod (position trade)

7.01 Brady, Tom

8.10 Lelie, Ashley (Keeper)

9.08 Barlow, Kevan (position trade)

10.10 Elam, Jason

11.08 Stallworth, Donte' (position trade)

12.10 Warner, Kurt (plays Tennesse on Brady's bye week)

13.01 Bills, Buffalo Defense(Keeper)

14.10 Taylor, Travis

15.01 Droughns, Reuben

16.10 Bryant, Antonio

17.01 Brown, Josh SEA

In hindsight I may be a little weaker at REC than I really want to be, but I have good depth at RB and Brady, even though he's not a real fantasy stats stud, isn't going to hurt me week to week.
Solid. You don't have any WR problems.
Interestingly enough, M. Vick went in Round 9 in our league. I was a little shocked. I had the chance to take him in Round 7, but opted for Brady instead (more weapons). Guess we'll see what happens...Just couldn't get over how low Vick fell....

MOP, I recently drafted from the 1.02 in a 12 teamer. We start QB RB WR 3 FLEX TE K D

Manning went at 1.01 and I immediately jumped on LT at 1.02, I got Tiki at 2.11 and CJohnson at 3.02. The rest of my draft went like this:

4.11 Michael Bennett

5.02 Jason Whitten

6.11 A. Boldin

7.02 Larry Johnson

8.11 Aaron Brooks

9.02 Travis Henry

10.11 Eric Moulds

Etc.

I was planning to go 2RB and 2WR and conditionally start Bennett as the matchup favored him.

After the draft I was offered in trade...Priest (1.03) for LT.

I countered Priest(1.03) and Javon Walker(3.03) for LT(1.02) and Boldin(6.11)

I think I made good on this deal as the Priest owner didn't want the frustration of not having the handcuff for LJ.

I essentially dropped one slot in the 1st round to swap 1 6th for a 3rd rounder.

Make sense?

I am beginning to think that in the balance of my redrafts, where I draft @ 1.04-1.08 that I will try to target LJ in 6th and see if I can make a trade happen to get Priest for my 1st.

Does this make sense? :popcorn:

MOP, I recently drafted from the 1.02 in a 12 teamer. We start QB RB WR 3 FLEX TE K D

Manning went at 1.01 and I immediately jumped on LT at 1.02, I got Tiki at 2.11 and CJohnson at 3.02. The rest of my draft went like this:

4.11 Michael Bennett

5.02 Jason Whitten

6.11 A. Boldin

7.02 Larry Johnson

8.11 Aaron Brooks

9.02 Travis Henry

10.11 Eric Moulds

Etc.

I was planning to go 2RB and 2WR and conditionally start Bennett as the matchup favored him.

After the draft I was offered in trade...Priest (1.03) for LT.

I countered Priest(1.03) and Javon Walker(3.03) for LT(1.02) and Boldin(6.11)

I think I made good on this deal as the Priest owner didn't want the frustration of not having the handcuff for LJ.

I essentially dropped one slot in the 1st round to swap 1 6th for a 3rd rounder.

Make sense?

I am beginning to think that in the balance of my redrafts, where I draft @ 1.04-1.08 that I will try to target LJ in 6th and see if I can make a trade happen to get Priest for my 1st.

Does this make sense? :popcorn:
It's an interesting way to acquire Priest Holmes...I never thought about it.

Just couldn't get over how low Vick fell....
It's probalby because he sucks, fantasy wise. I'll sum it up this way:You never know which week he's gonna throw for 180-2 and run for another 120-1, and so you play him every week, and most weeks he goes for 118-0-1 and 80-0.

I'd rather not have the headache.

What do you guys think

1.01 – LT

2.12–Marvin Harrison

7.01-Travs Henry

8.12–Ashley Leslie

9.12-Moe Williams

10.01-Larry Fitzgerald

11.08–Eric Johnson

12.05– Steve Mcnair

13.01-A Tommer

14.12–Eric Shelton

Picking a def in the 5th was to early but , I frick out i guess when all the rb were gone and 4 top qb were gone and 2 def were gone . now that i think about it it was a dum move. I saw Labrandon  Toefield on ww i my try to pick him up
How has Labrandon Toefield been drafting in what round if any because i saw him on ww
Ministry of Pain

how do you think i did in my draft ????

Users who are viewing this thread