What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's try to ID the waiver wire RB darling from here out (2 Viewers)

I dropped Jalen Richard to snag Chubb, but Jalen is still a good nomination here, as is Doug Martin. Lynch is out at least a month. 

its easy when you play in leagues where guys are hawks almost all backups on every team is owned.. 
Let's do some math.

12 teams x 16 roster spots = 192 rostered players

Subtract 12 kickers and 12 defenses, 168 skill position players

divide by 32, around 5 rostered players per NFL team.  So roughly 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, and 1 TE per NFL team.

I'm thinking all backups are not owned in most leagues.

Well, we should look for the next guy.
This.

Mack and Chubb seemed like great calls. They are all gone, if not rostered/drafted already.

SO how do we rank Richard, Mostert, and any others you see?

Chris Ivory if McCoy has trouble with protocol?

Kenjon Barner if Michel's knee is as serious as that awkward injury looked onfield?

This.

Mack and Chubb seemed like great calls. They are all gone, if not rostered/drafted already.

Kenjon Barner if Michel's knee is as serious as that awkward injury looked onfield?
The trade deadline is coming up on October 30. You should definitely pick up Ivory in case McCoy gets traded. This is good week to gamble on some free or cheap back-ups that might get traded or might take-over. It's not likely to be more than 1 or 2 teams. Philly? NE?

Barner will be a big pick-up this week, but NE could trade for someone, so potential buyer beware. 

Richard and Mostert are gone in every one of my leagues I think.  Both are good choices. Breida is always banged up and Oakland will be even worse if they sell off. Lots of PPR opportunity there.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
This.

I don't think Mostert will be that valuable.  49ers defense is really bad which means they will be trailing most games for the rest of the season.  

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
This.

Ivory...

tough spot for any RB 

Assuming Mack, Murray, Richards, Martin were picked last week, I think the new list would look something like

Atlanta:  Opportunity for Ito Smith (Coleman free agent at EOY)

Tampa:  Ronald Jones

Seattle:  Rashard Penny, M Davis

San Fran:  Mosert

Titans:  Is there an option to Lewis/Henry

Houston:  Foreman coming back soon

Patriots:  Barner, maybe Gillisee

NYJ:  Mcguire

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming Mack, Murray, Richards, Martin were picked last week, I think the new list would look something like

Anyone else?
Out of all of these, Ito (who is likely rostered given Freeman going to IR), Davis, and McGuire seem like solid lotteries. Foreman is also an option here but I am personally staying away as I don't trust performance in year 1 coming back from that kind of injury, and Miller is doing enough to stay in the role.

It's a great ratio - but that doesn't get you off the fantasy bench.  Heck, he barely misses being on the waiver.
PPR he was certainly in RB2 range this week.  Not a strong week for RBs but still, you could have done worse and I am guessing many did.

Anyone else?
Did you watch Kareem Hunt last night?

I'd roll the dice on Spencer Ware over all of those guys you just named.  Really kind of silly to exclude the handcuff guys. JMHO of course.

I got put on blast by one poster for saying Lynch will milk this injury because its all about money to him and he will milk an injury first chance he gets...

Lynch is now on IR, I had a big feeling this would happy regardless of severity. He is that type of player. Martin is a Gruden favorite, he might perform better then expected.

Did you watch Kareem Hunt last night?

I'd roll the dice on Spencer Ware over all of those guys you just named.  Really kind of silly to exclude the handcuff guys. JMHO of course.
Than go get him - and Gurley's backup. 

This is a discussion thread.  I don;t see much to discuss on whether you want to pick one of those guys up.  Pretty much state it once and the discussion is over.

For this week, assuming those other guys were taken:

Ito

R Jones

Penny

M Davis

Barner 

Mcguire

All shooting up the list.  I think the best options at sticking are Jones, Penny, Davis, Mcguire.

my RBs...D. Cook, M. Gordon and S. Michel....needless to say.....I'm hurting right now. Could use a good advice on grabbing a RB from waivers in a PPR league....damn...rough year.

I got put on blast by one poster for saying Lynch will milk this injury because its all about money to him and he will milk an injury first chance he gets...

Lynch is now on IR, I had a big feeling this would happy regardless of severity. He is that type of player. Martin is a Gruden favorite, he might perform better then expected.
What you considered being put on blast was just being corrected for your misguided beliefs about Lynch. Zero clue how you came to that conclusion about Lynch, but I'm curious to hear you educate me why I'm mistaken and what makes him "that type of player". 

You got put on blast because you're completely wrong about Lynch. He's what type of player? One that get's hurt? Every player is that type of player. 

I don't think once in his career Marshawn has demonstrated he's the kind of player that is "all about money"

Looks like the answer to the OP is not likely to be Ito Smith.
I think it is early to say that. He was on the field a lot. He's a Coleman injury away from being a potential league winner. If you picked him up expecting him to take over this backfield I think you had unreasonable expectations. 

I think it is early to say that. He was on the field a lot. He's a Coleman injury away from being a potential league winner. If you picked him up expecting him to take over this backfield I think you had unreasonable expectations. 
It doesn't look like the ATL backfield is producing a league winner this year.  Thank Steve Sarkisian.

It doesn't look like the ATL backfield is producing a league winner this year.  Thank Steve Sarkisian.
Correct. These are not the Shanahan led Falcons. But Mostert is playing for him and Breida can't stay healthy for more than a minute. Mostert could be sneaky good especially if Breida misses time. Their next 3 matchups are good for RBs and Breida might miss some if not all of those games.

Users who are viewing this thread