What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's try to ID the waiver wire RB darling from here out (1 Viewer)

A wise old owl doesnt think once in his career Marshawn has demonstrated he is all about money?

Seriously? When you deny the video evidence that exists, I guess you can say that. Denying the video evidence of one Marshawn Lynch saying over and over again "He is here so he wont get fined" is one strategy to prove your point , but...PROVEN FACTS THAT CANT BE DISPUTED! So lets stop that, okay?

You cant dispute the video of him saying he is all about money. I know it doesnt help you that video exists, but its called evidence for a reason. Typically non bias people can see the evidence for what it is without denying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kvwXsZtU8

We live in a ignore the evidence generation right now, so I understand why you continue to dispute Lynch is all about money when there is video of him saying its virtually all about money.
Lynch is milking his injury. I knew he was going to milk this injury, he saw this team s direction and gave up and is all about the money. I called it...someone wanted to dispute it, this is what happens when you dispute evidence based facts. I'm not some mind reader or Confucius...I just rely on the evidence that exists to make my statements.

"I'm just here so I wont get fined"....but, I'm not only here for the money? How does that reconcile? It doesnt, because he is all about money. He gets hurt on a groin then all of a sudden to IR?

I got put on blast by one poster for saying Lynch will milk this injury because its all about money to him and he will milk an injury first chance he gets...

Lynch is now on IR, I had a big feeling this would happy regardless of severity. He is that type of player. Martin is a Gruden favorite, he might perform better then expected.

What you considered being put on blast was just being corrected for your misguided beliefs about Lynch. Zero clue how you came to that conclusion about Lynch, but I'm curious to hear you educate me why I'm mistaken and what makes him "that type of player". 

You got put on blast because you're completely wrong about Lynch. He's what type of player? One that get's hurt? Every player is that type of player. 

I don't think once in his career Marshawn has demonstrated he's the kind of player that is "all about money"
Yeah. I would have had no problem if @tackle for loss had said "I think a groin injury may be serious for a back Lynch's age" or something like that. But he didn't do that.

He suggested a guy like Lynch would fake/milk (same thing, right?) an injury, which is simply a bizarre contention.

Watching Lynch for even a handful of carries should demonstrate to anyone with even the slightest shred of impartiality that Lynch is willing to sacrifice his body for even a single extra yard. He's the most violent runner in the league who never goes down on first contact, never runs out of bounds willingly, always tries to punish defenders and fights for every inch.

Likely to get injured? Absolutely with that running style. Likely to have a lingering injury? Absolutely with his age and mileage. Milking or faking an injury (it is the same thing, right?)? Absolutely ludicrous.

Back on point. After one week I am not thrilled that I opted for Ito over Mack & Chubb last week. Feels like a decision that will more likely cost me a championship rather than win me one.

Back to Lynch, if the Raiders move Chris Warren from the practice squad to the active roster he may be worth a spec add. They no longer have a big body RB who can wear down and punish defenses, which most of us thought was going to be a big part of Gruden's  philosophy going into the season.

Back to Lynch, if the Raiders move Chris Warren from the practice squad to the active roster he may be worth a spec add. They no longer have a big body RB who can wear down and punish defenses, which most of us thought was going to be a big part of Gruden's  philosophy going into the season.
As discussed in a few other threads, my understanding is that Warren is not eligible to come back this year on the active roster because he was not on the 53 man roster when he was placed on IR. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Lets take this full circle, since this is about waiver darling for RB to get off Lynch and make it more general about cuffs and darlings as well as bleed a new topic...

First off, Milking and faking is different.

Why is everyone giving Lynch the benefit of the doubt as if this nut grabbing, fight joining, here so he wont get fined guy is so above the pale that he wouldnt milk an injury?

I thought he was going to "milk" this injury, milking means getting the most out of it. Going on IR looks like he is getting the most out of his injury. I knew a guy with his history off and on the field is the type of guy to milk an injury? Fake an injury? I dont know, but milk one? Most definitely. I didnt need to say "I think" because I have seen guys who act like he does often and "I know" those type of guys will milk injuries. Dont need evidence because he is on IR and he is milking it. Dont care if agree or disagree, he is milking it for all the IR is worth.

Now milking and faking injuries can be a good new topic. The league knows its real, if not, they wouldnt run time off the clock or make teams take time outs in final minutes, why do they do that? Because they know players are always honest and wont use it to game the clock or....contracts?

Ansah? Thats a faked injury if I have ever seen one. Dosnt want to be tagged, doesnt get a long term deal and then gets hurt? Fournette? Thats a milked injury injury in my belief, I cant explain it but something tells me he is going to find some pep in his step now that they traded for Hyde. Thats my job as a fantasy owner to get a step ahead, not prognosticating injury but looking for the ones who may take longer to get better or the ones that if they get hurt the cuff is so important or will produce.

Remember that video, since I love video evidence, of the Giants player falling to the ground in pain to stop the clock? Its a thing in sports, faking or milking injuries is very real. we can pretend players dont do it, but thats naive to say the very least.

I am targeting several guys, but the one that I think has the right scenario and set of circumstances that will help his cause is JALEN RICHARD.

Check out his schedule if you guys haven't paid any attention.

WEEK  8 - vs. IND

WEEK 9 - @SF

The  very interesting part of his schedule is when the fantasy playoffs set in...

WEEK 13 - vs. KC

WEEK 14 - vs. PIT

WEEK  15 - @CIN

WEEK 16 - vs. DEN

I'm not in love with the week 16/finals match up, but the rest is something I certainly want a piece of, if many of my better RB options don't hold up. Richard has been stuck in a committee, or either behind someone for much of his NFL time. He has looked good at times. Let us not forget how DOUG MARTIN looked last year in TB. He seemed to slowly wither away in front of our eyes. His first 2 games back last season he had TDs, and then he went right into the toilet to the tune of 2.9 YPC.

DOUG MARTIN might well be "the guy" for the Raiders, but I want no part of him.  If I'm investing or throwing darts, I'm doing so with the possible biggest return. I'll take Richard.

Latavius Murray, Nick Chubb, Marlon Mack .......These guys were drafted, or picked up long ago, and they have roles or scenarios (like an injury in front of them) that are already putting them on everyone's roster and radar.

JALEN RICHARD is still only 25% owned in Yahoo. Much of that in the last 2-3 days.

One more you should be watching is RONALD JONES.  Yes he looked terrible in the preseason, and hasn't exactly set the field on fire in his few carries thus far. But he is virtually one injury away from getting most all the work in TB. (Jacquizz Rodgers has apparently pulled his best Houdini act and vanished) Guess what, that injury has already happened, it did this past Sunday. The Bucs have not come out with how serious the injury is to PEYTON BARBER , but they should Wednesday. JONES was drafted in many leagues, but was dropped, and he is currently owned in only 16% of Yahoo leagues. 

The bad news is Tampa Bay can't stop anyone and has no defense. So there may not be much running, but a scenario may be happening where only one back gets the majority of that work there.

FRANK GORE - May not fit the version of "waiver wire darling" that you all are looking for, but he seems to be in a fairly even split currently. He should be owned everywhere, just in the event of something happening to Drake.  If that were to ever happen, I can see "startable" low end RB2-ish type numbers. As the season goes on, and more of these guys go down, its those startable RB2-ish numbers that can often save your season and help give you contribution down the stretch.

MALCOLM BROWN - Another one I'm watching. Now this guy might be the true king maker if everything fell just right for him and that scenario.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
As discussed in a few other threads, my understanding is that Warren is not eligible to come back this year on the active roster because he was not on the 53 man roster when he was placed on IR. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.
That sucks.

I like Richard's talent...I just don't like that offense and at this point of the season I don't have the bench to take the shot on him.

Already invested in Mack, so hoping he is the guy that breaks out of these guys. Needing it now with Michel hurt and being a David Johnson owner also middling around with guys like Yeldon, Collins, Lindsay.  I guess its a good problem to have that depth...the consistency has been hurting a bit though (or inconsistency...and picking the right combo of guys)

tackle for loss said:
A wise old owl doesnt think once in his career Marshawn has demonstrated he is all about money?

Seriously? When you deny the video evidence that exists, I guess you can say that. Denying the video evidence of one Marshawn Lynch saying over and over again "He is here so he wont get fined" is one strategy to prove your point , but...PROVEN FACTS THAT CANT BE DISPUTED! So lets stop that, okay?

You cant dispute the video of him saying he is all about money. I know it doesnt help you that video exists, but its called evidence for a reason. Typically non bias people can see the evidence for what it is without denying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kvwXsZtU8 

We live in a ignore the evidence generation right now, so I understand why you continue to dispute Lynch is all about money when there is video of him saying its virtually all about money.
Lynch is milking his injury. I knew he was going to milk this injury, he saw this team s direction and gave up and is all about the money. I called it...someone wanted to dispute it, this is what happens when you dispute evidence based facts. I'm not some mind reader or Confucius...I just rely on the evidence that exists to make my statements.

"I'm just here so I wont get fined"....but, I'm not only here for the money? How does that reconcile? It doesnt, because he is all about money. He gets hurt on a groin then all of a sudden to IR?
This has absolutely and categorically nothing to do with Lynch being driven, motivated, or even thinking about prioritizing money over everything else. This is really poor "proof" of a baseless theory that Lynch's actions across his career, or even now, are motivated solely by money.

This has everything to do with the fact that he has a lot of social anxiety and never liked talking to the press. He would continue to not meet with the press, but it's the Superbowl and he is contractually obligated to. He would indeed be fined if he didn't show up. So that he could handle what must have be a very anxious situation for him, he had that stock answer -- much easier to stay on script that way.

And your theory that he is miking an injury is even more baseless, IMHO, again without a shred of credible evidence.

Would like to get back to ID'ing the next guy up than throwing tin-foil-hat theories about a specific player in here.

I do enjoy the irony of people saying they like to get to the topic, after they go ahead and respond to the topic they want to get away from. Meanwhile you responded without saying anything of any other WW darlings.

Lynch is milking an injury, sorry you hate that reality of it, but he is. Getting angry because reality hasnt set in with you isnt my fault. If you want to get back to id'ing the waiver darling, stop acting like this is the court of law and we need proof to share what we know to be true. No reason to think a guy who is 32 on a bad team who has made statements its all about money would be happy to go on IR for a minor injury. Im so off base.

If he isnt milking it, why dont he just retire then? He knows this is his last year of the contract and he will retire? Careful of the answer, your answer might just prove my point.

The waiver wire darlings have been discussed, go scoop Foreman why? Because it wont be long until Miller is hurt again. You cant predict injuries but sometimes you just know the risk and if some of those risky players get hurt, you can guess some will milk it.

I do enjoy the irony of people saying they like to get to the topic, after they go ahead and respond to the topic they want to get away from. Meanwhile you responded without saying anything of any other WW darlings.
Take a deep breath and read the thread. If you did, you'd have found my contributions before your baseless rant.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
This.

Mack and Chubb seemed like great calls. They are all gone, if not rostered/drafted already.

SO how do we rank Richard, Mostert, and any others you see?

Chris Ivory if McCoy has trouble with protocol?

Kenjon Barner if Michel's knee is as serious as that awkward injury looked onfield?
The irony here is that you are the only one trying trying to peddle an off-topic theory no one is buying. Let's stick to the topic.

And welcome to ignore.

i think spencer ware and CJA could both step in and take on workhorse roles should the starter be hurt. would also consider malcom brown if only because the situation is so excellent. 

Lynch is milking an injury, sorry you hate that reality of it, but he is. Getting angry because reality hasnt set in with you isnt my fault. If you want to get back to id'ing the waiver darling, stop acting like this is the court of law and we need proof to share what we know to be true. No reason to think a guy who is 32 on a bad team who has made statements its all about money would be happy to go on IR for a minor injury. Im so off base.

If he isnt milking it, why dont he just retire then? He knows this is his last year of the contract and he will retire? Careful of the answer, your answer might just prove my point.
Why should a guy who signed a contract to risk his body then retire, foregoing the rest of his contract, when he gets injured? His salary for the year is guaranteed as a vet and only retiring would risk that, I believe. Makes no sense to expect a guy to not get paid for the injury he sustained while playing out the contract. 

You're all over the place in this thread with almost nothing to back up what you're saying other than a video that shows Lynch doesn't like talking to the media. Which has nothing to do with whether he'd "milk an injury" or not. His play on the field isn't "all about money", talking to the media in that video is. You obviously haven't followed his career to say the things you're saying. 

I got a spot to fill so Ware is on my list behind a few other names this week.  But I won't hesitate to cut him if a good players surfaces next week.

you guys kinda hijacked this thread...can we get it back on track? 2 pages of back and forth that has nothing to do with the thread....
Great point and sorry, we can talk with @tackle for loss in the Marshawn thread.

Now back on topic, let's talk about Marshawn Lynch. I need to make a waiver move with him going to IR, for completely legitimate, exclusively injury related reasons.

My wire looks decimated at RB (Chubb, Mack, Ware, Richard & Ito Smith are gone). I've got guys like Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny & Elijah what's-his-name available. Yippee!!! Jones has the clearest path to the lead role but he's been... terrible.

I'm in a 12 team super-flex and Osweiler is available...double Yippee!!!

For WRs Christian Kirk is out there for those desperation six points us PPR guys know and love.

I'm thinking R.Jones is my play and my WTH outside the box option is DeAndre Washington in case Doug Martin keeps being Doing Martin (and Jon Gruden stops being Jon Gruden).

So, give me some options (Redraft, 12 team, PPR, super flex, wr/te combined) that I'm missing.

Great point and sorry, we can talk with @tackle for loss in the Marshawn thread.

Now back on topic, let's talk about Marshawn Lynch. I need to make a waiver move with him going to IR, for completely legitimate, exclusively injury related reasons.

My wire looks decimated at RB (Chubb, Mack, Ware, Richard & Ito Smith are gone). I've got guys like Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny & Elijah what's-his-name available. Yippee!!! Jones has the clearest path to the lead role but he's been... terrible.

I'm in a 12 team super-flex and Osweiler is available...double Yippee!!!

For WRs Christian Kirk is out there for those desperation six points us PPR guys know and love.

I'm thinking R.Jones is my play and my WTH outside the box option is DeAndre Washington in case Doug Martin keeps being Doing Martin (and Jon Gruden stops being Jon Gruden).

So, give me some options (Redraft, 12 team, PPR, super flex, wr/te combined) that I'm missing.
I think you got to take a look at Mostert.

I am targeting several guys, but the one that I think has the right scenario and set of circumstances that will help his cause is JALEN RICHARD.

Check out his schedule if you guys haven't paid any attention.

WEEK  8 - vs. IND

WEEK 9 - @SF

The  very interesting part of his schedule is when the fantasy playoffs set in...

WEEK 13 - vs. KC

WEEK 14 - vs. PIT

WEEK  15 - @CIN

WEEK 16 - vs. DEN

I'm not in love with the week 16/finals match up, but the rest is something I certainly want a piece of, if many of my better RB options don't hold up. Richard has been stuck in a committee, or either behind someone for much of his NFL time. He has looked good at times. Let us not forget how DOUG MARTIN looked last year in TB. He seemed to slowly wither away in front of our eyes. His first 2 games back last season he had TDs, and then he went right into the toilet to the tune of 2.9 YPC.

DOUG MARTIN might well be "the guy" for the Raiders, but I want no part of him.  If I'm investing or throwing darts, I'm doing so with the possible biggest return. I'll take Richard.

Latavius Murray, Nick Chubb, Marlon Mack .......These guys were drafted, or picked up long ago, and they have roles or scenarios (like an injury in front of them) that are already putting them on everyone's roster and radar.

JALEN RICHARD is still only 25% owned in Yahoo. Much of that in the last 2-3 days.

One more you should be watching is RONALD JONES.  Yes he looked terrible in the preseason, and hasn't exactly set the field on fire in his few carries thus far. But he is virtually one injury away from getting most all the work in TB. (Jacquizz Rodgers has apparently pulled his best Houdini act and vanished) Guess what, that injury has already happened, it did this past Sunday. The Bucs have not come out with how serious the injury is to PEYTON BARBER , but they should Wednesday. JONES was drafted in many leagues, but was dropped, and he is currently owned in only 16% of Yahoo leagues. 

The bad news is Tampa Bay can't stop anyone and has no defense. So there may not be much running, but a scenario may be happening where only one back gets the majority of that work there.

FRANK GORE - May not fit the version of "waiver wire darling" that you all are looking for, but he seems to be in a fairly even split currently. He should be owned everywhere, just in the event of something happening to Drake.  If that were to ever happen, I can see "startable" low end RB2-ish type numbers. As the season goes on, and more of these guys go down, its those startable RB2-ish numbers that can often save your season and help give you contribution down the stretch.

MALCOLM BROWN - Another one I'm watching. Now this guy might be the true king maker if everything fell just right for him and that scenario.

TZM
Brown is very talented. Any idea of his contract situation? Not sure if he’s a 2nd/3rd year player. He’s a great stash in dynasty leagues 

Brown is very talented. Any idea of his contract situation? Not sure if he’s a 2nd/3rd year player. He’s a great stash in dynasty leagues 
I'm not sure on his contract situation, maybe a few others here are. I suppose I can dig it up today sometime later on. I believe this is his 3rd or 4th season, I can't remember for certain.

The only thing with him, is he is going to need an injury to Todd Gurley for his potential to appear.

If that happens, the internet might break from all the saddened Gurley owners.   :ph34r:

To those guys that have Gurley, if you don't have him handcuffed at this point, then if he goes down (and you lose because of it) then you deserve to lose.

Mandatory handcuff in my opinion. (One of the few mandatory handcuffs IMO)

TZM

I'm not sure on his contract situation, maybe a few others here are. I suppose I can dig it up today sometime later on. I believe this is his 3rd or 4th season, I can't remember for certain.

The only thing with him, is he is going to need an injury to Todd Gurley for his potential to appear.

If that happens, the internet might break from all the saddened Gurley owners.   :ph34r:

To those guys that have Gurley, if you don't have him handcuffed at this point, then if he goes down (and you lose because of it) then you deserve to lose.

Mandatory handcuff in my opinion. (One of the few mandatory handcuffs IMO)

TZM
Another reason to handcuff him or stash him is he is very likely to be a bell cow during the Fantasy playoffs and championship game if the Rams have home field locked up. They will be resting their stars. Same goes for Spencer Ware.

Breida is still going to be the guy when he is healthy in SF, isnt he?
Morris is the one getting worked out of the lineup and Mostert will be the 1b or #2 when Breida is back, Breidas talent cant be denied.
He is hurt so Mostert is a short term more than a long term. I am thinking the darling needs to be more long term.

Another reason to handcuff him or stash him is he is very likely to be a bell cow during the Fantasy playoffs and championship game if the Rams have home field locked up. They will be resting their stars. Same goes for Spencer Ware.
great point. BTW, Chad Parsons mentioned Brown on a podcast and said he's a RFA next season. Just another reason to hold him. I think he's talented enough to get a job somewhere next season.

Breida is still going to be the guy when he is healthy in SF, isnt he?
Morris is the one getting worked out of the lineup and Mostert will be the 1b or #2 when Breida is back, Breidas talent cant be denied.
He is hurt so Mostert is a short term more than a long term. I am thinking the darling needs to be more long term.
I'd say yes, Breida will be the guy "when healthy." I think the reason you have to give Mostert a long look as because Breida doens't seem likely to get more healthy as the season wears on. Every week he seems to pick up a new injury or aggravate an old one. The Niners have 3 more games before their bye. Breida made comments to the media that as badly as he wants to be out there he has to consider whether he's helping or hurting the team. To me that indicates there will be serious consideration to making him inactive Week 8. Whether it turns out to be just a 1 week absence or whether he struggles to respond to rest/treatment and get "healthy" remains to be seen. He's proven that he's tough, willing to play through injury, and up until last week (when he limped off after just 5 snaps) he had been playing at a high level through those injuries. But the fact that he finally had to tap out with his ankle in Week 7 puts his short-term future very much up in the air. If Breida tries to play through it again in weeks 8-10 he might actually make it worse and wind up with more of a long-term injury...

My kid's league is only 10 teams and they're slow to the WW so he still has some options available that are gone from discussion here.  How would you rate the following for the rest of the year: Nick Chubb, Tark Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, Jalen Richard, Philip Lindsay, and Marlon Mack?

TIA!

My kid's league is only 10 teams and they're slow to the WW so he still has some options available that are gone from discussion here.  How would you rate the following for the rest of the year: Nick Chubb, Tark Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, Jalen Richard, Philip Lindsay, and Marlon Mack?

TIA!
If standard, I think Chubb is likely the priority given he's the centerpiece of this offense. 

Mack is as well, and see him and Lindsay as even in standard, as it appears like Freeman is dinged, and while Booker will get reps, it gives Lindsay more of a chance to shine.

If it's PPR, Cohen likely vaults up that list right beneath Chubb -- Nagy is clearly committed to at least a time share with Cohen and he's delivering, and gets mutliple targets in the game as one of the Bears habitual leading receivers.

I like Johnson and think he has a chance to shine in the second half but usage so far is really worrysome, and nothing about the Lions offense so far has shown that Patricia drastically changes that gameplan.

Richard is an interesting flex, and relative to this thread, I think while he ends up the best back to own on the Raiders, he's the best back...on the Raiders. And his value will take a hit sometime after Week 8 when DeAndre Washington returns from IR.

great point. BTW, Chad Parsons mentioned Brown on a podcast and said he's a RFA next season. Just another reason to hold him. I think he's talented enough to get a job somewhere next season.
Presumably the Rams will tender him though at a price just high enough to keep other teams at bay - unless the rookie crop is really weak.

They love kelly, so I'd be surprised if they did that. 
Good point. They could tender Brown though at say, a 2nd round pick, that would not be that expensive. But yes, if they want Kelly to take on the backup role, Brown could just walk as an UFA. Certainly worth stashing just in case of that.

Richard have potential to be a strong RB in non ppr leagues or am I wasting waiver funds?
I would tend to say that it's the opposite. I think Richard has good appeal in PPR not so much in none PPR. Most of his touches are on short passes....I think Doug Martin will be the none PPR back while Richard is a PPR guy. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

I got a spot to fill so Ware is on my list behind a few other names this week.  But I won't hesitate to cut him if a good players surfaces next week.
I picked Ware up last night in my 12 team deep dynasty league. If Hunt does go down for any extended period of time...he steps right in and becomes a high volume RB1 IMO. Pure lotto ticket back on arguably the best offense in the league. I had the space (parted ways with one Ryan Tannehill....warm body taking up space).

Todem said:
I picked Ware up last night in my 12 team deep dynasty league. If Hunt does go down for any extended period of time...he steps right in and becomes a high volume RB1 IMO. Pure lotto ticket back on arguably the best offense in the league. I had the space (parted ways with one Ryan Tannehill....warm body taking up space).
Ware has a proven track record and aside from being a high volume guy if Hunt was out, he will probably be playing somewhere else next year. 

Updating some angles

Atlanta:  Ito Smith probably available but not capitalizing so far

Tampa:  Ronald Jones now hurt

Seattle:  Rashard Penny, M Davis - Carson hurting

Houston:  Foreman coming back soon

Mia:  Ballage

NYJ:  Mcguire

Phi:  Adam

The Dude said:
Mia:  Ballage
I thought Ballage was more intriguing several weeks ago when it seems like Gase was phasing Drake out at the expense of Gore. But Drake has been picking it up in recent weeks, so outside of injuries to both Gore/Drake, I don't think Ballage gets much playing time this year.

Users who are viewing this thread