What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Mock Draft (2 Round) (1 Viewer)

13. Baltimore- Brorick Bunkley (DT,FSU)

Wtih Justice and Ngata gone the Ravens take the next best DT

I'm trying to let the 30min go by before making someone's pick
Big problem here is that he is a 3-technique tackle...he's not their typical inside lineman that would occupy blockers and keep them away from the LB's...
They're converting to the 4-3.
Yep...I just think if you swapped this pick with St. Louis' pick it would be a better fit for both teams...
Really? Everything I've read makes Ngata the better 3-4 guy.
I don't see either team running a lot of 3-4 this year...but Ngata will occupy O-linemen and let Lewis and company make plays behind them...they have never needed a ton of pressure coming from upfront (maybe that will change with the new defense). St. Louis on the other hand is going to need to collapse the pocket with the DTs...they can't afford to blitz too often with the guys in their secondary :bag:

Wow.. a lot of guys i wanted just snatched up..

Dolphins Select.... Tye Hill - CB - Clemson

He's little.. but the guy can ball.. and the phins do not have a secondary.

1.16 Miami -Tye Hill (CB,Clemson)

Kirby sent me a PM earlier today Chad Jackson, Ernie Sims, Tye Hill

First two are gone so to speed this up we'll go with no. 3

1.16 Miami -Tye Hill (CB,Clemson)

Kirby sent me a PM earlier today Chad Jackson, Ernie Sims, Tye Hill

First two are gone so to speed this up we'll go with no. 3
It's like Deja Vu all over again...

Per Andy

Post this please.

1.17 - Jay Cutler

And the Viking faithful go BONKERS!

I tried to trade up to Cleveland, offering the Vikings 1st and both 3rds, but got no reply. Obviously, I'm glad it didn't happen now. Now the Vikes cross their fingers and hope he's the QB for their future. This couldn't have worked out any better for the Vikings.

Lawson. Ridgelake has gone over this several times. They are not giving up on Davis and Parcells doesn't care for center fielders, WRs, or OLs in the first round.

eta: If Lawson falls to Dallas I will be extremely happy with him and Ware coming from the edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawson.  Ridgelake has gone over this several times.  They are not giving up on Davis and Parcells doesn't care for center fielders, WRs, or OLs in the first round.

eta:  If Lawson falls to Dallas I will be extremely happy with him and Ware coming from the edges.
I tend to agree. S is very deep they probably get one in the second, no OL that should go this high, Lawson would be perfect for the 3-4Any other opinions?

Lawson. Ridgelake has gone over this several times. They are not giving up on Davis and Parcells doesn't care for center fielders, WRs, or OLs in the first round.

eta: If Lawson falls to Dallas I will be extremely happy with him and Ware coming from the edges.
I tend to agree. S is very deep they probably get one in the second, no OL that should go this high, Lawson would be perfect for the 3-4Any other opinions?
Greenway would be a good fit there too...

At #19 the Chargers select Offensive Tackle Eric Winston from the University of Miami. I'm sure Mel Kiper is already yelling "that's a reach" from his hair salon, but the Bolts couldn't find a trading partner to move down. We also had plans to trade up with Detroit in an attempt to get Justice, but he was snatched by the Bills prior to our trade. That said we stood pat and drafted our best available O Lineman.

Left tackle Roman Oben is getting very long in the tooth and has still not recovered from a foot injury that sidelined him the second half of the 2005 season. He is said to be out until training camp at the least, a scary proposition considering Leander "The Turnstyle" Jordan was dreadful as his replacement last season. Right Tackle Shane Olivea is decent but certainly not outstanding. No additions have been made to the OLine in free agency.

Winston will start at Right Tackle with Olivea moving inside to guard if Oben is ready to go. If not, Winston will be at left tackle. Either way this pick gives the Bolts more options along the offensive line, something that was very troublesome the latter portion of 05. We like Winstons athletism over the other upper ecehlon tackles remaining, something lacking along the Bolts line these days.

Also considered a DB with this pick, but Hill was already selected leaving us to ponder the injured FSU star Antonio Cromartie. If we are going to roll the dice with this pick, we prefer to roll it on the O Line.

Safety was addressed in free agency. WR has been talked about quite a bit in mocks, it is a smokescreen. Eric Parker reupped for 5 more years last week. In addition Vincent Jackson (the 2005 2nd rd pick) is ready to go this season. McCardel is still playing well. Let alone Gates and LT will get their load.

Lastly owner/pres Dean Spanos has told Marty and AJ Smith they must win now. Spanos expects playoffs this comming season. Anything less and one(or both) guy(s) will be sent packing. This isn't the time to get cute and draft someone who may or may not develop, they need a player who can make impact at a need position NOW.

At #19 the Chargers select Offensive Tackle Eric Winston from the University of Miami. I'm sure Mel Kiper is already yelling "that's a reach" from his hair salon, but the Bolts couldn't find a trading partner to move down. We also had plans to trade up with Detroit in an attempt to get Justice, but he was snatched by the Bills prior to our trade. That said we stood pat and drafted our best available O Lineman.

Left tackle Roman Oben is getting very long in the tooth and has still not recovered from a foot injury that sidelined him the second half of the 2005 season. He is said to be out until training camp at the least, a scary proposition considering Leander "The Turnstyle" Jordan was dreadful as his replacement last season. Right Tackle Shane Olivea is decent but certainly not outstanding. No additions have been made to the OLine in free agency.

Winston will start at Right Tackle with Olivea moving inside to guard if Oben is ready to go. If not, Winston will be at left tackle. Either way this pick gives the Bolts more options along the offensive line, something that was very troublesome the latter portion of 05. We like Winstons athletism over the other upper ecehlon tackles remaining, something lacking along the Bolts line these days.

Also considered a DB with this pick, but Hill was already selected leaving us to ponder the injured FSU star Antonio Cromartie. If we are going to roll the dice with this pick, we prefer to roll it on the O Line.

Safety was addressed in free agency. WR has been talked about quite a bit in mocks, it is a smokescreen. Eric Parker reupped for 5 more years last week. In addition Vincent Jackson (the 2005 2nd rd pick) is ready to go this season. McCardel is still playing well. Let alone Gates and LT will get their load.

Lastly owner/pres Dean Spanos has told Marty and AJ Smith they must win now. Spanos expects playoffs this comming season. Anything less and one(or both) guy(s) will be sent packing. This isn't the time to get cute and draft someone who may or may not develop, they need a player who can make impact at a need position NOW.
Anytime someone rips on Kiper I love it. Nice explanation, I do think you could trade down and get him later but it's not a horrible pick.

Kansas City has several options here. I think their best bet is to hope that Tye Hill or Jimmy Williams fall here - other DB options are more questionable. Also would look at Winston here if he falls.

Biggest other need that is best addressed now would be WR, and with Chad Jackson off the board, the Chiefs will select:

1.20 Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State

With his speed and jumping ability, Holmes will give them the playmaker #1 WR they desperately need. Plus he can run-block (always a prime skill in KC) and fill in for Dante Hall if needed. Oh and they already have the name on the jerseys, just have to change the number :hophead:

At #19 the Chargers select Offensive Tackle Eric Winston from the University of Miami.
Anytime someone rips on Kiper I love it. Nice explanation, I do think you could trade down and get him later but it's not a horrible pick.
:thumbup: I think the tackles are being underrated. As a Charger sympathizer I hope they consider the best OL available to help Rivers along. He has a great back, a great TE, a solid possession WR, and a top receiver or CB has to be in consideration, but I prefer the athletic young OT.

NE Patriots select, Round 1, pick number 21: Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State

While nobody knows exactly what BB is thinking, we know that Carpenter is a Patriots-kinda-guy.

Versatile.

Intelligent.

Uber productive.

Connections with BB through his dad playing for the NYG.

It's tough to pass up Moss here as they need both a #2 WR and a playmaker in the return game.

Pats might also regret passing on DeAngelo Williams, especially if Dillon sputters earlier than anticipated.

Both WR and RB along with an OT and DB will be tops among the Pats' priorities from here on out.

Oh and yes. Expect a Kicker to be picked in the 3rd or 4th.

One more thing about Carpenter....

From Pats.com: "Carpenter has tremendous speed for his size and is a great pass rusher off the edge, similar to the Patriots Mike Vrabel who Carpenter said he patterns his game after."

I like how the draft has gone thus far.

Made me tense even having to pick for the legendary BB.

Pats have more holes than people think. LB for sure. But with the loss of Ashworth, they have two below average players at both T spots. WR2 obviously everyone knows is weak after the losses of Andre Davis and David Givens. Whoever assumes Bethel Johnson is going to step up as a #2 is dead wrong.

I expect the Pats to be filling STARTING positions with their first day picks.... OLB, WR, OT, K, and perhaps even RB.

Deangelo Williams is plummeting, is Denver where he goes?
That's where I thought he'd end up before this started.And that means perhaps Maroney a Colt.

suckkkkkks for Pats fans.

I'd be shocked if this scenario hasn't played out in BB's head. Though I doubt it would affect his strategy.

If he doesn't go to Denver, then who does?

Please weigh in. I'd like to not have to make this the "picked by milfoshane" mock draft

New England has spent a lot of time at the combine at individual workouts and with personal visits with about 7 2nd tier RBs. They'll find the one they like the best and take him with one of the two third rounders.

If he doesn't go to Denver, then who does?

Please weigh in. I'd like to not have to make this the "milfoshane mock draft"
They didn't trade up for Davis...they could look at Pope here or maybe wait a round and look for Byrd. Greenway is a good value at this point...not sure how good of a fit he would be in Denver but the kid can play...

While filling out my own mock draft the other day I found it frustrating. The teams that have the biggest need at RB don't seem to be likely to take one in the 1st round. If that makes sense

Kansas City has several options here. I think their best bet is to hope that Tye Hill or Jimmy Williams fall here - other DB options are more questionable. Also would look at Winston here if he falls.

Biggest other need that is best addressed now would be WR, and with Chad Jackson off the board, the Chiefs will select:

1.20 Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State

With his speed and jumping ability, Holmes will give them the playmaker #1 WR they desperately need. Plus he can run-block (always a prime skill in KC) and fill in for Dante Hall if needed. Oh and they already have the name on the jerseys, just have to change the number :hophead:
I think the DB strength at this point is excellent....one of the best positions in the draft. If they passed on Joseph, Allen, Youboty, Jennings, Cromartie, Whitner, AND Marshall (all of which could be #1 picks)...well then lets just say they better plan on scoring 40 points a game next year...

Big problem here is that he is a 3-technique tackle...he's not their typical inside lineman that would occupy blockers and keep them away from the LB's...
Yep...I just think if you swapped this pick with St. Louis' pick it would be a better fit for both teams...
Ngata is better suite for the 3-4. You need a large clug in the middle that can handle double teams like Ted Washington who can hold is groiund and not be driven back off the LOS.

One more thing about Carpenter....

From Pats.com: "Carpenter has tremendous speed for his size and is a great pass rusher off the edge, similar to the Patriots Mike Vrabel who Carpenter said he patterns his game after."

I like how the draft has gone thus far.

Made me tense even having to pick for the legendary BB.

Pats have more holes than people think. LB for sure. But with the loss of Ashworth, they have two below average players at both T spots. WR2 obviously everyone knows is weak after the losses of Andre Davis and David Givens. Whoever assumes Bethel Johnson is going to step up as a #2 is dead wrong.

I expect the Pats to be filling STARTING positions with their first day picks.... OLB, WR, OT, K, and perhaps even RB.
I strongly disagree with yout T analysis. Ashworth was not going to start this year which is why they let him go. Matt Light is far from below average. Teams do not win three titles with a below average LT. The RT will be Kazcur who played well at LT for a rookie last year and has the chance to be a good one. Gorin is a solid backup as a T and has played in some very big games. Right now the Pats O line should be a strength with five young players in place and only Koppen not signed to a long term contract. With Gorin and Hochstein (Gorin also has a long deal I believe) they have two solid backups as well as a few other names that may or may not contribute. They could always use some depth but right now this unit is not a weakness.By the way I like the Carpenter pick even though it's very painful to pass on Williams.

Ngata is better suite for the 3-4. You need a large clug in the middle that can handle double teams like Ted Washington who can hold is groiund and not be driven back off the LOS.
So naturally, we have him going to a 4-3 team...

we're down to 3 min, does anyone else have an idea fro Denver?
They're desperate on the DL. It was their biggest problem last year. I just have a hard time taking the next DL (be it DT or DE) at this point with some of the other players available. I've seen Hali here quite a bit, but he appears to be falling. I wouldn't complain about Kiwi here. In fact, I think Gabe Watson or Joh McCargo could jump this high. I read Denver is very interested in Tapp, but they can probably get him in the 2nd. :shrug:

we're down to 3 min, does anyone else have an idea fro Denver?
They're desperate on the DL. It was their biggest problem last year. I just have a hard time taking the next DL (be it DT or DE) at this point with some of the other players available. I've seen Hali here quite a bit, but he appears to be falling. I wouldn't complain about Kiwi here. In fact, I think Gabe Watson or Joh McCargo could jump this high. I read Denver is very interested in Tapp, but they can probably get him in the 2nd. :shrug:
Pope... Hali... :confused: I don't know either..

pick 22 denver. rb deangelo williams

too much talent to pass up at this point.

sorry for the wait guys. i got caught up out in the yard

I strongly disagree with yout T analysis. Ashworth was not going to start this year which is why they let him go. Matt Light is far from below average. Teams do not win three titles with a below average LT. The RT will be Kazcur who played well at LT for a rookie last year and has the chance to be a good one. Gorin is a solid backup as a T and has played in some very big games. Right now the Pats O line should be a strength with five young players in place and only Koppen not signed to a long term contract. With Gorin and Hochstein (Gorin also has a long deal I believe) they have two solid backups as well as a few other names that may or may not contribute. They could always use some depth but right now this unit is not a weakness.
I must admit my foolish oversight of Matt Light. I spent so much time looking at the Pat's depth chart that I forgot that they had Light (he's not on it since he was IR'd) :bag:

At least we know BB won't make these kinds of blunders! lol

Light is a well above average LT and I apologize to Pats fans everywhere for this oversight.

That being said, they still will probably look at OT in Day 2.

Don't worry about it I think I may have screwed up and mixed up you and jmon348 anyway. Can you continue to make Denver's pick in the 2nd though?

I strongly disagree with yout T analysis.  Ashworth was not going to start this year which is why they let him go.  Matt Light is far from below average.  Teams do not win three titles with a below average LT.  The RT will be Kazcur who played well at LT for a rookie last year and has the chance to be a good one.  Gorin is a solid backup as a T and has played in some very big games.  Right now the Pats O line should be a strength with five young players in place and only Koppen not signed to a long term contract.  With Gorin and Hochstein (Gorin also has a long deal I believe) they have two solid backups as well as a few other names that may or may not contribute.  They could always use some depth but right now this unit is not a weakness.
I must admit my foolish oversight of Matt Light. I spent so much time looking at the Pat's depth chart that I forgot that they had Light (he's not on it since he was IR'd) :bag:

At least we know BB won't make these kinds of blunders! lol

Light is a well above average LT and I apologize to Pats fans everywhere for this oversight.

That being said, they still will probably look at OT in Day 2.
It's tough to speculate what the Pats will do at OL. They've had success bringing in guys that no one has ever heard of and than developing them into solid players. Neal, Hochstein, Ashworth, Gorin and Andruzzi were all picked up off the scrap heap. Mankins and Kazcur (and Koppen as well) were guys not many had heard of pre-draft and even Light was seen as a reach by some when they took him in the second round. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats use a pick on a lineman but I also wouldn't be surprised if they passed either feeling some obscure guy they have can already do the job (or signing a veteran free agent). If they do draft an O lineman it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who could play center. Koppen is coming off of a tough injury and both he and Hochstein are scheduled to be free agents after 06. They may want some insurance there. Like everything else with the Pats it's impossible to figure out what they'll do and nothing would surprise me.

1.23 - Tampa Bay - Antonio Cromartie CB, Florida State

In State kid who had an outstanding pro-day running his 40s in the 4.4s with great size and strenght and a 42" vertical leap. Would have been a sure thing top 10 pick were it not for his season ending injury.

First, I believe that if the rest of the first round fell this way that Kansas City would pass on Santonio Holmes and if he made it past New England then he would be the pick here.

The addition of Fonoti and Tucker provides a lot more youth to the line and makes this less of a priority. I think they will still address the O-line but not in the first round (McNeill has a bad back anyway). The other big possibility here would be Greenway, who I can not believe would make it to this point anyway. He is a bit too slow to play in the Tampa defense (4.7+ 40) and there are still quite a few OLBs on the board that would fit better.

Other options: McNeill (OT), Greenway (OLB), Howard (OLB), Moss (WR), Watson (DT), Joseph (CB), Jennings (CB)

Edited to add: Ignore this if they land Woodson :P

1.23 - Tampa Bay - Antonio Cromartie CB, Florida State

In State kid who had an outstanding pro-day running his 40s in the 4.4s with great size and strenght and a 42" vertical leap. Would have been a sure thing top 10 pick were it not for his season ending injury.

First, I believe that if the rest of the first round fell this way that Kansas City would pass on Santonio Holmes and if he made it past New England then he would be the pick here.

The addition of Fonoti and Tucker provides a lot more youth to the line and makes this less of a priority. I think they will still address the O-line but not in the first round (McNeill has a bad back anyway). The other big possibility here would be Greenway, who I can not believe would make it to this point anyway. He is a bit too slow to play in the Tampa defense (4.7+ 40) and there are still quite a few OLBs on the board that would fit better.

Other options: McNeill (OT), Greenway (OLB), Howard (OLB), Moss (WR), Watson (DT), Joseph (CB), Jennings (CB)
:hot:

Don't worry about it I think I may have screwed up and mixed up you and jmon348 anyway. Can you continue to make Denver's pick in the 2nd though?
sure

Chad Jackson and DeAngelo Williams? No complaints from me. Be careful out there in the yard, Jackal. :D

Users who are viewing this thread