What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for a family car under $30k (1 Viewer)

Just got quoted 33k on an Energi SE Luxury. With 4K back, I'm starting to need a reason not to buy this car. I may have one of these by end of day.
Glad I could influence your car buying. I should get a commission check.

You have me worried about the Hybrid if the pickup from 40 to 60 blows. I may have to go test drive one next week.

Just got quoted 33k on an Energi SE Luxury. With 4K back, I'm starting to need a reason not to buy this car. I may have one of these by end of day.
Glad I could influence your car buying. I should get a commission check.You have me worried about the Hybrid if the pickup from 40 to 60 blows. I may have to go test drive one next week.
This is one where the Accord seems to kick ### from reviews. They have an innovative design that's totally different from everyone and the gas engine kicks in when you need more punch.

Glad I could influence your car buying. I should get a commission check.You have me worried about the Hybrid if the pickup from 40 to 60 blows. I may have to go test drive one next week.
This is one where the Accord seems to kick ### from reviews. They have an innovative design that's totally different from everyone and the gas engine kicks in when you need more punch.
I'm probably going with a Ford, I've decided. It looks like my Uncle who was a President at Ford can still get me my discount. So that alone makes it worth sticking with a Ford.

I'm really just looking for a nice family car I can use to take the fam on trips, as well as it be a nice car that I enjoy since I spend 2 hours in it each day on my commute to and from work. I haven't actually looked at one in person yet, but they look nice. I'd probably try and get the thing as fully loaded as possible.

Just test drove the Accord Hybrid. It's better. I prefer the interior. The issues I had between 40 and 60, none of those here. Your gas mileage takes a mean hit when you do it, but you punch it and the gas kicks in. I'm going to need to be sold on the Energi to go Ford now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just test drove the Accord Hybrid. It's better. I prefer the interior. The issues I had between 40 and 60, none of those here. Your gas mileage takes a mean hit when you do it, but you punch it and the gas kicks in. I'm going to need to be sold on the Energi to go Ford now.
What do they cost?

On the Energi front:

I have a quote on an SE for 33K from someone via Edmunds. I'm probably going to need to go Titanium there though, I want the backup cameras and stuff and it's on the EX-L I'm comparing these to. So that puts me probably more like 37K there. Minus 4K from uncle sam that's 33. And then I can get some Ford X discount or something through my company....

I found the Accord noisy, unresponsive and uncomfortable compared to the Ford. I have a 14 Fusion Hybrid SE with Leather. It's a performance and comfort improvement to the 13 which tested better here than the 14 Accord.

I have no acceleration issues and often have to get around big trucks on single lane highways in the open desert. I have to remember to set the cruise or I end up pushing 90mph out here. The gas engine kicks in soon as you hit the pedal to pass.

There are reasons the Accord Hybrid falls just a bit short. The main one is the engine, which loudly drones as it fights to replenish the battery under hard acceleration or when chugging uphill. Around town, the engine noise and your speed disconcertingly don't rise in step as you'd expect, pairing with a numb throttle pedal that offers unrelated engine vibration rather than feedback.

Furthermore, the trunk is also the least versatile and getting navigation requires the selection of the more expensive Touring trim. We still think the Accord Hybrid is as impressive as a fuel-saving sedan as it is as a family sedan, but it's outdone by the Fusion.

1st Place: 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

As each editor climbed out of the Honda and into the Ford, it was a common refrain that the Fusion is much quieter, more comfortable and even more responsive from behind the wheel. Importantly, it draws less attention to the fact that it's a hybrid, doing without the Accord's excessive engine droning and the Camry's abundance of electric whirring noises. The fact that the Fusion is by far the best-looking and most involving to drive is icing on the cake.

The energi I drove just now didn't have the acceleration issues in hybrid mode either. Not sure what the deal was there now, maybe because I had it in "leaf mode". In EV mode though it does feel like it's crawling. You floor it and it just slowly accelerates.

I can live with it in Ev though.

This thing is decked out(titanium with all add ons), coming in at 39 with the ford x discount. 35 after the Uncle Sam stuff. Which is less than the accord touring, and that has less features.

Leaning energi now...

To add to the confusion even more - now I'm looking at this closer and it appears that the Energi is less fuel efficient than the Hybrid in Hybrid mode. So getting a higher MPG depends on how much you log in EV mode....

This is starting to get annoying. I should probably just get the Accord Hybrid and call it a day. :)

To add to the confusion even more - now I'm looking at this closer and it appears that the Energi is less fuel efficient than the Hybrid in Hybrid mode. So getting a higher MPG depends on how much you log in EV mode....

This is starting to get annoying. I should probably just get the Accord Hybrid and call it a day. :)
You can't go wrong with any of them if you're interested in great mpg in a non funky nicer but not real expensive ride. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. My daughter asks me what my dream car is and I tell her she's sitting in it. I'd buy the Energi for the prices you're getting. I paid 28,5 + fees in August with no special deals, but drove a bargain. My car can be had for 27 in socal now. The Fusions just feel the least hybridy. My nephew in a brand new VW CC is blown away by how quiet my car is. I hear that constantly from every new passenger. Is this thing even on?

Yeah, and honestly, my driving patterns are completely ideal for the Energi. I get on the expressway once or twice a month. 95% of my driving is around town and then the 20 miles each way to work (where they have a charger that never gets used). Now, this might change some. I'm hoping to quit this job for something I'm starting on the side, and then my work time driving habits will be a lot more random.

Final decision - I'm getting the Energi and not thinking anything more about this other than whether or not I can get them down on price a little more. Worst case scenario I wasted a couple grand for a car that will be kind of cool when driving in EV mode and might be a little bit of a conversation starter (maybe even make me look sort of cool to a hippie client or something).

And yeah, the "is this thing even on?" part is definitely cool. The Energi takes that to a whole new level.

I had a 2002 Impala that I traded in last year for a new Sonata. Hopefully the quality has improved because I put alot of repair money into that thing the last few years.

I had a 2002 Impala that I traded in last year for a new Sonata. Hopefully the quality has improved because I put alot of repair money into that thing the last few years.

The Energi is sitting in my driveway - the decked out Titanium one. I figure I've built up enough equity driving this 96 POS for so long I can splurge a little.

But I can't charge it. The charger needs 12A, and the 120V in my Garage is only 10A. Didn't think about that... It actually seems to work, it didn't trip my circuit breaker or anything, but I'm not going to tempt the fates. So, I guess a charging station is in my future. If I get it installed before 4/17 Illinois will pay for half of the unit and installation charges up to 3K, so I have to hurry.

The Energi is sitting in my driveway - the decked out Titanium one. I figure I've built up enough equity driving this 96 POS for so long I can splurge a little.

But I can't charge it. The charger needs 12A, and the 120V in my Garage is only 10A. Didn't think about that... It actually seems to work, it didn't trip my circuit breaker or anything, but I'm not going to tempt the fates. So, I guess a charging station is in my future. If I get it installed before 4/17 Illinois will pay for half of the unit and installation charges up to 3K, so I have to hurry.
How many amps is your house? Can you upgrade that circuit to 12A?

How many amps is your house? Can you upgrade that circuit to 12A?
Yeah, I could definitely do so. I actually have a 240V for an electric dryer that's unused and right next to the garage. So I definitely have the capacity for it. And I could probably tackle this job myself without killing myself or burning my house down...probably. I just have to pull back the wire, run an appropriate gauge wire, and toss on a new circuit right? Seems easy enough.

And overnight charging will cover 90% of my charging needs.

Update - looks like I won't need to redo any wiring. I'll have to check these circuits when I get home, but the electrician at work said that pretty much everything in the house is going to be 15A with a few exceptions, those will be 20A or greater. A little googling reveals the 10 that's on these is probably the KA rating and not the Amps. This explains why it was charging and not tripping my breaker. I'll have to double check these tonight, but I (and just about everyone in the US) should be fine with existing wiring.

So there is probably not any charging station in my future.

Can someone explain why the Fusion Energi shows 100mpg on the Ford site, but 44mpg everywhere else? Pretend my IQ is about 55 (which is probably accurate btw).

Can someone explain why the Fusion Energi shows 100mpg on the Ford site, but 44mpg everywhere else? Pretend my IQ is about 55 (which is probably accurate btw).
From a Car and Driver article...
The biggest difference between the Fusion Energi and the Fusion hybrid is the size of their lithium-ion battery packs. It grows in the Energi about five-fold, from 1.4 kWh to 7.6. Thats enough to provide the Energi with an electric-only range of 21 miles, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, while achieving 100 MPGe (or miles per gallon of gasoline equivalent, the EPAs convoluted method of placing an mpg rating on electric vehicles). Thanks, however, to the nearly 300-pound weight increase that accompanies the bigger battery, the fuel consumption when operating on gasoline falls from the hybrids 47-mpg EPA rating to 43.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2013-ford-fusion-energi-titanium-vs-2014-honda-accord-plug-in-hybrid-comparison-test

Alright, here's been my driving patterns and experience so far. To start off, I'm up to 55 MPG, should hit 60's tomorrow. I reset the MPG reader at the beginning of this so I could start fresh. As I described previously, I was afraid to charge it at home because I wasn't certain it was a 15A circuit so I was on hybrid to start the 1st day.

Day 1 (Hybrid): Drove to the middle of Wisconsin, put about 200 miles on it in Hybrid mode on almost pure highway. I did about 41.5 MPG on the day. It drove great, no problems accelerating or anything along those lines. I'm still confused as to why the first one I drove acted like that, this was every bit what the Accord was here. Wisconsin is pretty hilly and I think that hurt the MPG some, but there were no struggles with any of it from a driving or noise perspective. Also had a 2nd person with me who was running the AC.

Day 2 (Hybrid): Still hadn't charged. I drove to work which is 12.5 miles and what would probably described as a mix of city and highway. Got 48 MPG on the way in with hybrid mode which got my overall MPG up to 42.5 by itself. When you get those regen miles from stopping it really bumps your MPG ratings up a lot. Not having another person and not running the AC probably helps as well.

Day 2 (Electric): Charged it up at work, took a couple hours as advertised. Battery read 21 miles on a full charge. I drove it home the 12.5 miles and it still had 13 when I arrived home - the trip meter read 8.7 EV miles and 4 Regen miles. You can actually get more than the 21 miles if you drive this properly, nice... Charged it up at home and it only took a few hours since it was half full. My MPG rating had jumped into the high 40's at this point.

Day 3 (Electric): Read 23 miles off of the full charge. Drove the 12 miles to work in pure electric, I think it read 13 miles again when I got there. Just cracked the 50 MPG barrier in the process. It only took about an hour to charge since it was half full, read 24 miles off of this charge, it seems to keep going up as it realizes I'm a regen brake guru. Went to lunch, which was 13 miles there and back. Car again read 13 miles on the battery - go to the charging station. Some ******* parked their hybrid in the EV spot, and there's actually plenty of parking under the building at this time since I took a late lunch... Come to find it's the maintenance guy's car, who is fully aware that I have an EV since they had to clear some stuff out of here to open it up... and who is the guy that installed this thing 3 years ago and painted EV spot on the space. We'll see where this goes, but it appears some people might not be happy about me having an EV. Anyways, despite their attempts to stop me from saving the planet the 13 miles it had managed to get me to a couple of blocks from my house, and the plain hybrid battery carried me those final blocks since it was just side streets. 26 miles of pure electric off of a single charge. Now my MPG is up to 55 and I haven't used a drop of gas since Monday morning. It just managed to complete it's charge from 0 off of my standard house outlet in 5 hours almost to the dot.

Now, your EV mileage will vary. I've been running the stereo and charging my iPhone off of it, but I haven't needed climate control since it's nice out. This drive is pretty flat. You will get less than this in some circumstances like if you use the climate control, especially heated seats if you have them. You'll get a bit more if the drive is more downhill and a bit less if it's more uphill, etc.

It takes 7 Kwh to charge this thing. For me this is about 77 cents. So it appears I'll probably be somewhere between 3 and 4 cents a mile on the electric side. Gas is $4 a gallon, so that's going to run about 9 cents a mile it seems beyond that. Car it replaces was getting about 20 MPG, so about 20 cents a mile. Takes the cost of this daily to and from work drive from $5.00 down to 77 cents basically - so that's $91 a month in that alone. Should save quite a bit in fuel costs with this thing compared to what it replaced.

As far as what it saves over the hybrid version of this, seems to be about $30 a month at current gas/electric rates for this work portion of the drive. $360 a year here, so it would pay itself back in 10 years on just this drive alone. Throw in some lunch driving, weekend driving, etc and it'll obviously shorten some. It would also shorten if my commute were longer and I was using the full battery each way back and forth from work (so long as there's a charger on each end). Illinois is mandating that they get charging stations at all rest stops by the end of 2016 or something, I'm guessing their availability around the state will trend upwards. And we'll have to see where gas and electric prices go in the coming years. It'll probably be a few years before knowing if it's worth it or not.

Very happy with this decision, awesome car. Only wish I would have done this sooner, it appears that there was a tax credit from Illinois last year. Although it also appears that Ford was charging more for the cars as well (coincidence?)

I kind of get why Prius drivers drive the super annoying way that they do in stop and go traffic now as well. It's kind of addictive to try and scrape out these regen miles and not drain my battery. Getting a poor brake score because someone stops too suddenly in front of me is really annoying. :lmao:

As a side experiment I'm also going to run this in "EV auto" mode the next time I take it on the expressway. It keeps the gas on in this mode, so I'm going to guess that this makes it act like a hybrid that leans on the electric engine a little more heavily since it's got a really nice battery behind it. Wondering how it could do compared to the 47 of the standard hybrid in this mode. There's also an "EV later" mode, so you could in theory use that for the side portions of the trip to bump up the MPG of the overall trip.

Days 4 and 5 were pure electric, up to about 75 MPG now.

Technically I can actually put 100% of my driving costs during the week on my work. I figure since I can make it there and back without charging, I don't actually need to charge up overnight and could just use their electricity for everything. :lmao: For right now though I top it off at night and pay the .40 cents for whatever since it's still half full. I figure I can pay for my own ride home since it's well worth .40 to get the hell out of there.

Days 4 and 5 were pure electric, up to about 75 MPG now.

Technically I can actually put 100% of my driving costs during the week on my work. I figure since I can make it there and back without charging, I don't actually need to charge up overnight and could just use their electricity for everything. :lmao: For right now though I top it off at night and pay the .40 cents for whatever since it's still half full. I figure I can pay for my own ride home since it's well worth .40 to get the hell out of there.
Wow. I really need to take a hard look at this vehicle. Since I telecommute and my wife works within 15 minutes of home, this may be the perfect "around town" vehicle for us.

I have eclipsed the 100 MPG mark. A couple spurts of gas driving over the past week, but Ford has me at 92% electric. You can most definitely get a hell of a lot of miles to the gallon if you drive this right.

Charging stations in the wild haven't been too promising yet though. The ones I find mostly want to charge you more than the electricity is worth or it's at some crappy place like Kohl's that I don't want to shop at. Hopefully that will improve over time.

Nugget said:
Congrats. Sounds like it is working out well for you. 100 MPGe is impressive.
Now that I'm looking into these EPA ratings a little more, MPGe actually seems to be a different rating. This is actually an EPA rating where they try and compare the emissions of an electric car to a gas car. They essentially say that 1 gallon of gas is equal to 33.7 KWh, and since Ford estimates you'll get 100 miles off of 34 KWh, it's an MPGe rating of 100. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=34089

Probably makes sense from an emission standpoint since this is the EPA, also seems to come somewhat close from a cost standpoint as well. Right now it's about 45 KWh per gallon of gas or something in my area, but this will fluctuate. (Currently 4.00 gas and about 8.8 cents per Kwh after I really break down my Comed bills and all of the various charges associated with each KWh)

This car complicates things because it doesn't fit neatly into either category. The number on my dash is just based off of how much gas I've used vs how far I've gone, it doesn't use KWh for anything. You really need to figure out how many gallons of gas you've put into it, how many KWh you've charged it with, and then how many miles you got out of that to come up with your combo MPG/MPGe rating. And then you need to calculate the cost of each element to figure out how much it's saved in overall fuel costs as well. This can get really complicated when you start bringing public/free charging stations into the mix, hooking into the smart grid and paying varying rates for your electricity based on demand at a given hour (and setting the car to charge at off peak hours). It can get kind of nutty. So far I haven't found a tool that will even give me my cumulative charge totals though, I'd have to add it up from Ford's charge log manually which is a pain in the ###. And they don't really include gas used there, so I'd need to track that with the dash. Essentially it's kind of a pain in the ### to really try and figure out. I'm definitely doing way better than 100 MPGe in electric mode so far though, probably more like 125. Lowest I've gotten was last night when I used the heat, I got 5.6 miles on 2.1 KWh for an MPGe of 90. Without climate I usually get in the 140-150 range.

Definitely think I'll make my money back on it long term though. It can be a pretty short time if you go to the smart grid, you can get electricity in the dead of the night for just a 2-3 cents a KWh. Thinking about doing this, but I'm a little concerned about some of the big spikes in price you see in certain hours of the summer. Have to do the math though, because this thing is going to add quite a bit to my electricity by itself. Seems we use about 35-40 KWh per day most seasons, with this jumping to 50-55 during the Summer. The battery on this thing will pull 7 KWh from a dead charge though. So on the surface it seems to make sense to push a good portion of my electricity needs to the night hours at far lower rates than I'm currently getting. But then you see these spikes in the summer where it's like .30 an hour, .45 an hour to run things, and I worry that my A/C is going to eat up all of the savings and then some. That A/C is adding about 20 KWh per day during those mean hours. So I'm guessing I'll pay some super jacked up rates in the 3 hot summer months and save a lot the rest of the time and I should wait until September or October to do it.

Or you could just drive the thing and not really worry about it.

If you really need to, just look at your utility bill after 3-4 months, look at how much you've spent on gas, then figure out how far you've driven and give yourself a rough idea.

Or you could just drive the thing and not really worry about it.

If you really need to, just look at your utility bill after 3-4 months, look at how much you've spent on gas, then figure out how far you've driven and give yourself a rough idea.
Yeah, I'm not going to go through much trouble other than to figure out if I'll save money over the course of a year with getting on the smart grid. It's definitely too much of a pain in the ### with what I have and I'm just looking for a rough guess on when I'll make my money back.

It just sucks that most of the data you'd need is being pulled via their site but they don't give you access in any worthwhile fashion. It shouldn't be hard with a team of developers to make a better site that gives you extensive information on your usage/costs/savings/etc, but their Apple version of the application doesn't even have an iPad version (iPhone only) so I guess I'm kind of expecting a little too much.

You can't go wrong with any of them if you're interested in great mpg in a non funky nicer but not real expensive ride. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. My daughter asks me what my dream car is and I tell her she's sitting in it. I'd buy the Energi for the prices you're getting. I paid 28,5 + fees in August with no special deals, but drove a bargain. My car can be had for 27 in socal now. The Fusions just feel the least hybridy. My nephew in a brand new VW CC is blown away by how quiet my car is. I hear that constantly from every new passenger. Is this thing even on?
Although certainly not quiet, I love my VW TDI and get a hybrid like 550+ miles per tank from the clean diesel. They say - with all highway - you could exceed 600 per tank.

Wife and I just bought a Fusion last month (we have a 6 mo. old baby). I like it a lot. Lots of space in the interior, good value, good milage compared to our Jeep Liberty, and the traction control is great for the Chicago weather, so we end up driving it a lot more often than the Jeep (which is RWD). It's also rated well in safety. Really haven't felt like we've given up much space compared to our SUV. It's not the most powerful car, but it gets the job done.
I love the look of this car. The outside, I should say. I'm really hoping I fall in love with this car because, as I've said, as of right now, this is probably my first choice.
Its no crossover...
Get the ecoboost engine. Sounds like a perfect fit for you.

No comments on the Impala, ####### racists. :rant:
I rented one with only 3k miles on it last week. Huge trunk and back seat. Controls iffy. Engine underpowered. Floated down the road and drove like the mediocre mid size Chevy I remembered. :shrug:

I test drove the AWD Fusion Titanium this weekend. I really liked it. A little more than what I was originally looking at, but I think this is the way I'm going to go.

I test drove the AWD Fusion Titanium this weekend. I really liked it. A little more than what I was originally looking at, but I think this is the way I'm going to go.
I did not even know they made an AWD version... interesting. What is the MPG estimate for it?

I did not even know they made an AWD version... interesting. What is the MPG estimate for it?
I'll have to double check it but I think it's something around 23 and 32. I could be way off though. All I know is that it's still better than the Mustang.

I decided to get it almost completely fully loaded. I don't do much driving on the highway or downtown so I opted out of the Driver's Assist package and self parking. Those two things added $2000 to the price and, while nice, just didn't seem worth it. I think the sticker is around $35k. But it's everything I really want and need right now.

I'll have to double check it but I think it's something around 23 and 32. I could be way off though. All I know is that it's still better than the Mustang.

I decided to get it almost completely fully loaded. I don't do much driving on the highway or downtown so I opted out of the Driver's Assist package and self parking. Those two things added $2000 to the price and, while nice, just didn't seem worth it. I think the sticker is around $35k. But it's everything I really want and need right now.
I said the same thing about the driver assist package as well, but have to say I'm pretty thrilled I went ahead and got it. The parking thing is dumb (especially since I'm pretty adept at parallel parking) but the rest is $$$.

Looks like I got out of this at pretty much the same price you did, especially after I get the $4K from the government and another $850 from Ford for screwing up their MPG ratings. You've made me even happier with my purchase. :)

I had one of these (non-AWD) as a rental last week and it was pretty sweet. It has some shortcomings I could nit-pick at (the Entertainment system could be smoother) but drove really nicely. My stepdad also has one (after having high-end BMWs, Benz's, and Lexus models) and really likes it.

Just to play devil's advocate, if you are open to Fords you could get a recent-model used/certified Taurus SHO for less money. (We live in the same general area and I've looked.) That sucker has an enormous trunk, a V6 with twin turbos, and all the amenities that Titanium has plus some more. And it has the same AWD system. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

I said the same thing about the driver assist package as well, but have to say I'm pretty thrilled I went ahead and got it. The parking thing is dumb (especially since I'm pretty adept at parallel parking) but the rest is $$$.

Looks like I got out of this at pretty much the same price you did, especially after I get the $4K from the government and another $850 from Ford for screwing up their MPG ratings. You've made me even happier with my purchase. :)
OK. I have to ask then: What about it is so great? (and I don't mean that in the condescending way it comes off when written.)

With the Driver's Assist Package, the price per month goes up almost $35. That's a lot of coin for something that I really don't see myself using other than on roadtrips or the such.

I had one of these (non-AWD) as a rental last week and it was pretty sweet. It has some shortcomings I could nit-pick at (the Entertainment system could be smoother) but drove really nicely. My stepdad also has one (after having high-end BMWs, Benz's, and Lexus models) and really likes it.

Just to play devil's advocate, if you are open to Fords you could get a recent-model used/certified Taurus SHO for less money. (We live in the same general area and I've looked.) That sucker has an enormous trunk, a V6 with twin turbos, and all the amenities that Titanium has plus some more. And it has the same AWD system. Just figured I'd throw that out there.
Thing is I get a discount on new Fords. And I love having a new car with no worries about things breaking. And, to be honest, I really love the new look of the Fusion. It looks so sweet.

As for your stepdad, before my Mustang, my past three cars were an Acura CL, a TL and another TL. And I loved those cars. But after driving the Ford, I was surprised just how much I thought the car felt on par with the Acuras, or even better. Very surprised.

I agree on the look of the new Fusion. Pretty sleek, Bentley-like. The new Taurus isn't bad (especially considering the size of it) in terms of design as well, but you have to be happy with your purchase. I figured the certified aspect might make you comfortable versus new, but I get that it might not. You can find the certified SHO for under 30 locally but if it wouldn't make you happy, it doesn't matter.

I agree on the look of the new Fusion. Pretty sleek, Bentley-like. The new Taurus isn't bad (especially considering the size of it) in terms of design as well, but you have to be happy with your purchase. I figured the certified aspect might make you comfortable versus new, but I get that it might not. You can find the certified SHO for under 30 locally but if it wouldn't make you happy, it doesn't matter.
Don't get me wrong, I do think it looks nice. But, yeah, as you said, when I put all of the pros down for each car, I do come out with more for the new Fusion.

OK. I have to ask then: What about it is so great? (and I don't mean that in the condescending way it comes off when written.)

With the Driver's Assist Package, the price per month goes up almost $35. That's a lot of coin for something that I really don't see myself using other than on roadtrips or the such.
Day to day use the blind spot information system is very awesome. It's just plain nice for giving you an increased awareness of your surroundings, and even better when you're actually changing lanes. Also a big fan of the lane departure warnings from an increased awareness of your surrounding standpoint. It can flake out from time to time, like when you're doing lane merges and things, but as a whole it's very useful IMO. Those are the big 2 that I pretty much use constantly. I use the parking sensors themselves a ton as well, but I'm not sure if that's part of a lesser package.

The stuff that fits into the kind of nice to have but not super important are the auto high beams and wipers. The high beams one can be sort of annoying at times, was out driving late one night and there were a lot of cops out and I was thinking I might get pulled over since my headlights were doing weird ####, but I do like it overall. Wipers aren't super important but are sort of cool and don't become annoying like this.

Looks like I was approved on the credit. Now I just have to go get my PA license, switch my insurance and get the code from my uncle for the discount. It's kind of sad knowing that the Mustang is going away. It wasn't a great car. And it didn't have any bells and whistles. But it sure was fun. And it never once had any issues. That's more than I can say about any Acura I've owned in the past.

Hope the next owner treats her well. :(

Users who are viewing this thread