What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans) (2 Viewers)

No longer employ a VCR, but the microwave/oven haven't been affected.  Just the lights.  I know, weird.  From what I've read, it can be the precursor to a larger issue, so we're gonna look into it.
Good luck. I'd be curious to hear what the electrician finds. 

Just tested this out. It's a bright clear day here. It took 2 or 3 tries to line everything up. But, after that it took about 10 seconds to create a burn mark on the end table. I tried to see if I could get a flame to ignite from a piece of paper, but it just smoked a lot and started to stink up the living room. So, I stopped. This could definitely start a house fire. Not sure if it would work the same on newer windows with any type of UV blocking or other filters. Our window is a large double pane picture window that is roughly 25 years old.
My company helps out insurance companies as an "expert" for some of their claims.  We had one for new exterior vinyl siding that was "melting".  Turns out it was the neighbor getting new low-e windows.  THe houses were close enough that when the neighbor opened their window just right, the sun would reflect off the window onto the insured's siding and heat it up enough to start it deforming.

My company helps out insurance companies as an "expert" for some of their claims.  We had one for new exterior vinyl siding that was "melting".  Turns out it was the neighbor getting new low-e windows.  THe houses were close enough that when the neighbor opened their window just right, the sun would reflect off the window onto the insured's siding and heat it up enough to start it deforming.
We need to look into global warming insurance. 

Users who are viewing this thread