What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans) (1 Viewer)

Uh... why?  Do your kids use fountain pens?  Because I don't think the cartridge is the important part here, it's why there was just a cartridge without a pen.

Any chance some of that gunk on the inside of the can is melted tinfoil?
I really dont think kids use tinfoil, cans, metal pens or even doobies to smoke weed anymore. It's archaic. Vape related accident is really the only answer here.  :shrug:

Semi-amusing, unrelated side-story....

About 3 months ago, out of nowhere, my 16yo daughter found a vape pen sitting on her dresser in her bedroom. She was paralyzed with fear and unsure what to do. Where did it come from? How did it get there? She took pictures of it and sent it out to her friends. After some sleuthing, they determined it was in fact a "THC Pen and Cartridge". Her best friend actually came over while I was there, under the guise of borrowing some clothes, just so she could have a look at it. They considered all possible options and, I can only assume, eventually came to the conclusion that it was probably mine. She and her best friend went to my wife, presented her what they found, and waited for her reaction. Turns out it belonged to the 65yo cleaning lady. She had told my wife earlier in the week that she misplaced her "puffer" somewhere and to keep an eye out for it, but my wife had no idea what she was talking about at the time.  :lmao:

Once, as a teen, I had a friend over(parents out). We read an article in Seventeen or similar about scenting a room by spraying perfume on a light bulb. If that is actually somehow a a safe thing to do, we didn't do it right and the light bulb burst and a small fire started. 
:lmao:

You're supposed to spray it near the bulb when the light is off, then when the bulb is turned on later it'll warm it up.

Once, as a teen, I had a friend over(parents out). We read an article in Seventeen or similar about scenting a room by spraying perfume on a light bulb. If that is actually somehow a a safe thing to do, we didn't do it right and the light bulb burst and a small fire started. 
I did the same thing as a kid. Except it was lighter fluid and an open flame. (Actually, forget the exception. They were the same thing)

My first week at college, it was end of August, and the fly population in our dorm was terrible. We didn't have a fly swatter, but my roommate's mom sent a can of Lysol to disinfect the room. Add a lighter and and you have a mini flamethrower. We spent a couple of hours walking the the 100 yard hallway torching flies. Much more efficient than a fly swatter. If you miss, the heat usually singes their wings.

In hindsight, it probable could have turned into something horrible. 

My first week at college, it was end of August, and the fly population in our dorm was terrible. We didn't have a fly swatter, but my roommate's mom sent a can of Lysol to disinfect the room. Add a lighter and and you have a mini flamethrower. We spent a couple of hours walking the the 100 yard hallway torching flies. Much more efficient than a fly swatter. If you miss, the heat usually singes their wings.

In hindsight, it probable could have turned into something horrible. 
My high school buddy did this in his house with wasp spray (20’ spray range). He caught the half wall divider from kitchen to dining room on fire. He panicked and ran out. I beat the fire out with a rug from in front of the door. It smelled awful and i was gagging from breathing in all the poison. Had to run the fans and all the windows open for an hour or two. Didn’t really burn the wall. Must have just been burning the liquid only. His parents never caught on. 

I did the same thing as a kid. Except it was lighter fluid and an open flame. (Actually, forget the exception. They were the same thing)
When I was a kid, my best friend's dad was the fire chief in our town. We spent too much time playing with flammables - lighter fluid, aerosol cans, gun powder, etc. 

It’s a ####### miracle half of you are alive. 

30’ bonfire on the back 40 acres on a buddy’s farm and a 5 gallon can of gasoline ☠️

Semi-amusing, unrelated side-story....

About 3 months ago, out of nowhere, my 16yo daughter found a vape pen sitting on her dresser in her bedroom. She was paralyzed with fear and unsure what to do. Where did it come from? How did it get there? She took pictures of it and sent it out to her friends. After some sleuthing, they determined it was in fact a "THC Pen and Cartridge". Her best friend actually came over while I was there, under the guise of borrowing some clothes, just so she could have a look at it. They considered all possible options and, I can only assume, eventually came to the conclusion that it was probably mine. She and her best friend went to my wife, presented her what they found, and waited for her reaction. Turns out it belonged to the 65yo cleaning lady. She had told my wife earlier in the week that she misplaced her "puffer" somewhere and to keep an eye out for it, but my wife had no idea what she was talking about at the time.  :lmao:
LOOK AT ME, I HAVE CLEANING LADY!

I did this as a kid, too (minus the fire part).  I remember having my face so close to the bulb when it exploded.  Scared the crap out of me.  

Two quick pyro stories.

As a kid we use to make tennis ball can mortars.  Duck tape two cans end to end with the top can having both the top and bottom removed.  Punch a hole in the bottom, on the side, of the bottom can, pour a bit of lighter fluid down the inside of the entire mortar tube, insert tennis ball, light at the bottom hole and watch that ball fly out maybe 75 yards or so with a satisfying "whoosh" sound.  Well if a little is fun a lot must be better so we began soaking the tennis ball too so that it would shoot out flaming.  Then we decided that if we cut a hole in the tennis ball and filled it with fluid that would be even better, so we did.  We launched the first test down the street, a 600 yard or so down hill straight away before it t'd into another street.  The flaming ball hit the middle of the street and was perfectly aimed so that the crown in the road was not kicking it off to one side or the other.  A beautiful shot, or so we thought.  We can't say for sure what the Officer who turned onto the street thought as to our aim as he saw the flaming ball bouncing and then rolling inexorably towards him, but he did stop his vehicle.  Flaming ball rolled right straight for him and lodged under his front tire.  He had to do something, he was not going to let his cruiser catch on fire.  He decided to drive forward.  Unfortunately that crushed flaming ball, squirting the fluid inside out in one big burst causing quite a flare up.   We ran.  He eventually got the flames out.  Living in a small town running did no good, it was obvious to all who the culprits were.  Punishments ensued.

Freshman year at college.  Roommate refused to do his laundry.  The room stunk.  Roommate also had a habit of wearing Aqua Velva aftershave and had a quart bottle of the stuff, no ####, a quart.    Well intoxicants and disgust conspired to create a solution and I doused his laundry with the entire contents of the Aqua Velva.  Then it occurred to us, me and some friends, that we could light individual pieces on fire and toss them out of the sixth story window to our room and watch them burn as they went down.  A lovely sight in the cold night air, especially as the flame was a lovely blue/green color. Turns out that when others see blue/green flame balls shooting out of dorm windows (we kept at it for some time) that they become concerned and call the authorities.  Who knew? How we avoided expulsion is beyond me, probably had something to do with our R.A. who relied on us for his weed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at you tube it occurs to me that maybe tennis balls no longer are sold in cans of three.  Maybe now its some sort of plastic.  Too bad.

Also, checking my memory we used electrical tape as we did not then have duct tape.  Probably did not learn of duct tape for another year or two.

Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

This is like an Encyclopedia Brown story! I'm here for it. 

Ambergris is flammable.  It was probably some of that.

(Ambergris is the only thing I remember from EB, and I'm pretty sure EB is the only reason I know what ambergris is.)

Looking at you tube it occurs to me that maybe tennis balls no long3er are sold in cans of three.  Maybe now its some sort of plastic.  Too bad.

Also, checking my memory we used electrical tape as we did not then have duct tape.  Probably did not learn of duct tape for another year or two.
this is correct.  Becasue  I had this conversation with someone and they dont remember tennis balls ever coming in cans :lol:   and I thought I was crazy

this is correct.  Becasue  I had this conversation with someone and they dont remember tennis balls ever coming in cans :lol:   and I thought I was crazy
They are probably not old enough to remember wood tennis rackets, nor the presses you stored them in between uses.

Damn I'm old.

Oh, if it turns out to be drug related confiscate the offending substance(s) and mail them to me for proper disposal.  Oh, when I say mail them to me I am, of course, referring to the drugs, not the kids. You can keep them.  I am already raising one of your kids, I don't need more.

I love how the kid thinks he's gotten away scot free and your iFriends are suggesting now that he's making pipes for heavy drugs. 

Talk about the Sword of Damocles for this guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread