What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans) (1 Viewer)

shuke said:
Dude, you said the ink cartridge was melted.  That takes direct flame.  Just talk to your son. He was probably trying something.  
Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"

Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"
Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

This is like an Encyclopedia Brown story! I'm here for it. 

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  Someone tell me a plausible vaping scenario where he was doing that and it caused my daughter's garbage to catch fire and leave no evidence of any vaping paraphernalia.

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  Someone tell me a plausible vaping scenario where he was doing that and it caused my daughter's garbage to catch fire and leave no evidence of any vaping paraphernalia.
The candle just tells me he's like a lot of young boys who like to burn things.  It's circumstantial evidence. :lol:

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  
Let me remind you of a previous post from @Foosball God:

Foosball God said: 

He's been using a candle in his room the past week 

Sounds like it was a recent development a couple of days ago according to you.

Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

lol I was gonna say look at Encyclopedia Brown over here then I saw you already dropped the reference 

Offer both of them full immunity to fess up, if they know, in the interest of making sure the house is safe versus there being an unknown fire risk somewhere/somehow. No punishment or repercussions other than they know not to do whatever it was again, where all bets will be off.  

They are already off scott-free now, and you don't know what happened. Might as well let them off the hook and have the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

ETA: throw in the bluff that if you don't figure out what happened, you'll probably have to call tie fire department to do a check and a trained professional might figure it out and have it come back on one of them, which will mean trouble. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me remind you of a previous post from @Foosball God:

Foosball God said: 

He's been using a candle in his room the past week 

Sounds like it was a recent development a couple of days ago according to you.
One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 

One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 
No problem good buddy. I’m sure your kids are great kids!

I do think there is enough “smoke” that you should push things a bit on your son. I have a nephew that took up an  “Interest” in candles. After some time, it came out he also had developed a strong liking with weed at the same time. Parents (all of us) were really surprised. Great kid and still is but he definitely has some issues that by the time his parents found out were pretty bad! 

My kids light candles all the time. They've inherited an addiction to them, as well as those little little wax melter things from their mother, IMO. 

Do they have wood matches for the candles by any chance? 

You can light a wood match, blow it out, throw it in trash and it could catch fire three hours later. Especially with anything isopropyl  or acetone soaked in there. 

I figured it out. Your son had a girl over. He had to fart. Goes into your daughters room, rips one. Lights a match throws it in the trash. Goes back to gettin some mclovin. Fire starts, girl hides in the closet, kid says he has no idea, sneaks the girl out when the coast is clear.

If I have seen it once, I have seen it 1000 times. 

Do they have wood matches for the candles by any chance? 

You can light a wood match, blow it out, throw it in trash and it could catch fire three hours later. Especially with anything isopropyl  or acetone soaked in there. 
No, we have those click wand lighter things, and there wasn't one in his room, or hers.

You wouldn't be suspicious of regular burning garbage?  That, in itself, seems suspicious.   Did you, or one of your alters, perhaps set the fire?  😮 

Offer both of them full immunity to fess up, if they know, in the interest of making sure the house is safe versus there being an unknown fire risk somewhere/somehow. No punishment or repercussions other than they know not to do whatever it was again, where all bets will be off.  

They are already off scott-free now, and you don't know what happened. Might as well let them off the hook and have the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

ETA: throw in the bluff that if you don't figure out what happened, you'll probably have to call tie fire department to do a check and a trained professional might figure it out and have it come back on one of them, which will mean trouble. 
Fake investigation threats work. I know from threatening to call the feds to fingerprint the fire alarm that was pulled falsely in my college dorm. Drunk football player was wiping his prints off it 20 minutes later. Dumba$s. 

by every chance do you have a dog? this happen to us a few years back. I was makin swedished meatballs (they is jimmy favorite) and while they was cookin he tail was waggin so fast (and rubbin against chopsticks). it make a spark and landed right in a pile of silly string (we just had a fight). next thing you know teh table was on fire. lucky for us that lubert got me a fire stingwisher for halloween. could have been real bad. maybe you son was holding up taffy over he head and you dog tail was goin crazy. i don't know but maybe

kurt

if it becomes a regular thing would you please for the love of the big kahuna up in the sky from down under post a picture of the trash so that we can solve this riddel take that to the ban bromigo

if it becomes a regular thing would you please for the love of the big kahuna up in the sky from down under post a picture of the trash so that we can solve this riddel take that to the ban bromigo
Sorry GB, I had thrown the little pieces away in a larger can with other stuff in it already so I couldn't take a picture of the garbage.

New theory I'm working on: This thread is intended to play the part of some kind of exonerating evidence that Foosball God can point to later when he's accused of starting the fire.

Foosball God said:
Sorry GB, I had thrown the little pieces away in a larger can with other stuff in it already so I couldn't take a picture of the garbage.
you should just take a picture of that larger garbage and we will figure it out trust me brohans we are the sharlock homes of trash detectivin up in here take that to the bank bromigo

@Encyclopedia Brown

Vape pens have a button you push which heats up an element. The vape pen was probably harmlessly in the garbage for some time when someone either threw something in the garbage (or moved the garbage can in such a way) that it caused the button to be depressed, heated up the element, and ignited whatever it was in contact with. 

He or she didnt have to be recently vaping for this to happen. It's really the only explanation I can think of.

It was mostly just ashes, a roll of lifefsavers, and a melted pen ink cartridge.  Nothing the bank would want.  I already threw away the solid parts.
Uh... why?  Do your kids use fountain pens?  Because I don't think the cartridge is the important part here, it's why there was just a cartridge without a pen.

Any chance some of that gunk on the inside of the can is melted tinfoil?

Users who are viewing this thread