What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M Lattimore, RB, SC (1 Viewer)

I don't know how anyone views Lattimore as anything but damaged goods. He's the definition of the term. It's all a matter of how much of his former ability that he can recover.

Seeing that SF is investigating his ST capability is nothing but bad news to FF Lattimore owners. That indicates that SF might not consider his value to be a RB1, with the read-between-the-lines feeling being as possibly bad as SF is searching for some kind of reason to roster him this year.
He is what he is at this point. He's healthy and he's either good enough to make the roster or he isn't. My only point is that all the backs on the roster are going to have to show something to stay on the 53. The backfield is so crowded at this point I won't be drafting any of their RBs this year fantasy wise. You're reading too much into this blurb if you think it signals anything about their 2015+ plans. In fact, having ST value might help Lattimore in terms of getting suited up for game days - if the race between him and Hyde is neck and neck in training camp, that could be a big advantage.
I dunno about this "backfield loaded" stuff. Because if they were, they wouldn't have to rely on Gore as much as they do.

I don't know how anyone views Lattimore as anything but damaged goods. He's the definition of the term. It's all a matter of how much of his former ability that he can recover.

Seeing that SF is investigating his ST capability is nothing but bad news to FF Lattimore owners. That indicates that SF might not consider his value to be a RB1, with the read-between-the-lines feeling being as possibly bad as SF is searching for some kind of reason to roster him this year.
He is what he is at this point. He's healthy and he's either good enough to make the roster or he isn't. My only point is that all the backs on the roster are going to have to show something to stay on the 53. The backfield is so crowded at this point I won't be drafting any of their RBs this year fantasy wise. You're reading too much into this blurb if you think it signals anything about their 2015+ plans. In fact, having ST value might help Lattimore in terms of getting suited up for game days - if the race between him and Hyde is neck and neck in training camp, that could be a big advantage.
I dunno about this "backfield loaded" stuff. Because if they were, they wouldn't have to rely on Gore as much as they do.
It wasn't loaded last year and I do expect less carries from Gore this year.

It looks loaded on paper, with Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Hyde and James and maybe one other I forget, but out of all of them the bell cow is still Gore. Less carries for Gore, sure, but that may come from more emphasis on the pass. A lot of the run schemes are a bit complex, so it's up to whoever outside of Gore that can pick up that side of the offense quicker and be more effective, even though Hunter and James has been more exposed to it than Hyde and Lattimore. I have to figure pass blocking is as well to see who gets more snaps.

It looks loaded on paper, with Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Hyde and James and maybe one other I forget, but out of all of them the bell cow is still Gore. Less carries for Gore, sure, but that may come from more emphasis on the pass. A lot of the run schemes are a bit complex, so it's up to whoever outside of Gore that can pick up that side of the offense quicker and be more effective, even though Hunter and James has been more exposed to it than Hyde and Lattimore. I have to figure pass blocking is as well to see who gets more snaps.
For this year yeah. i think the discussion is more centered on dynasty.

Tool said:
drummer said:
cstu said:
drummer said:
thecatch said:

For this year yeah. i think the discussion is more centered on dynasty.
Oh yeah, I forget this is FF, which I don't play.

At this point, he's going on 2 years post injury. I don't think this is good news at all.

As an aside, I'm about 80% sure I saw him at the club last weekend. He had long shorts on so I didn't get a look at the knee...

So what does this really mean? Are they just being cautious or is this a sign that he's just not going to recover?
If you look at the source for the Rotoblurb, it indicates: "49ers RB Marcus Lattimore to begin training camp on the non-football injury list. Procedural move as RB continues rehab process." https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/489879028459765760

That doesn't sound dire. Rookie WR Bruce Ellington is also among the other players on the list.

Any idea what the advantages are for the team in putting these guys on the list? Do they get extra camp bodies or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

ESPN's Bill Williamson reports Marcus Lattimore (knees, NFI) is "fine," and could practice "very soon."

In Williamson's estimation, the 49ers are simply being careful with their second-year back, who hasn't played since his second devastating knee injury in as many years ended his college career in 2012. Lattimore isn't going to be hidden away on the reserve/NFI list for the second-consecutive year, but there have been strong indications he's nowhere near the player he was before his injuries.

Source: Bill Williamson on Twitter

Jul 22 - 8:24 PM

Being on the NFI right now is not a big deal. Being on the NFI for week 1 of the preseason is when I'll get nervous that my stash on the bench is never going to leave it.

Being on the NFI right now is not a big deal. Being on the NFI for week 1 of the preseason is when I'll get nervous that my stash on the bench is never going to leave it.
It's not the end of the world, but it's really not a good sign, especially with Hyde looking solid early on. If he's not medically cleared now, given the length of time since the injury, I think it's unlikely he's suddenly a full go anytime soon. I'd be willing to start cutting bait in leagues where you have other options.

It's not the end of the world, but it's really not a good sign, especially with Hyde looking solid early on. If he's not medically cleared now, given the length of time since the injury, I think it's unlikely he's suddenly a full go anytime soon. I'd be willing to start cutting bait in leagues where you have other options.
Well said, my friend...

Gore's not done but it's setting up for the torch to be passed. Hyde's looking good for next year in dynasty IMO.

Rotoworld:

49ers GM Trent Baalke insists RB Marcus Lattimore (knee, hamstring) has not suffered a setback.

Lattimore has missed the first three days of camp after being limited in spring workouts. "He's coming off, as we all know, a horrific injury," said Baalke. "... But as far as setbacks, no." We remain highly skeptical Lattimore will make any 2014 impact. With Kendall Hunter (ACL)) already lost for the season, rookie Carlos Hyde and Frank Gore are the 49ers' fantasy backs to own.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Jul 27 - 1:41 PM

Jim Harbaugh confident in Marcus Lattimore

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT

Marcus Lattimore AP

Although 49ers running back Marcus Lattimore is still unable to practice, 21 months after a horrific injury at South Carolina, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh says he’s confident Lattimore will contribute to the team.

“Marcus is going to be a part of this team, in some form or fashion,” Harbaugh said, via CSNBayArea.com. “I know what he’s got inside of him and I know what he’s capable of doing on the football field. We all do.”
What in the heck does that mean?

Jim Harbaugh confident in Marcus Lattimore

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT

Marcus Lattimore AP

Although 49ers running back Marcus Lattimore is still unable to practice, 21 months after a horrific injury at South Carolina, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh says he’s confident Lattimore will contribute to the team.

“Marcus is going to be a part of this team, in some form or fashion,” Harbaugh said, via CSNBayArea.com. “I know what he’s got inside of him and I know what he’s capable of doing on the football field. We all do.”
What in the heck does that mean?
i don't know but it doesn't sound very confidence building

Keeper declaration day Tuesday night and Lattimore is on my roster bubble (only Keep 12).

Any news at all on Lattimore from the 9er faithful out there?

He was a wasted draft pick last year in many rookie drafts. Clearly he still isn't 100% and it isn't assured that he will ever get back to form. I'm throwing him back in the pool in my dynasty league. I'd rather draft Carlos Hyde in this years rookie draft.

He was a wasted draft pick last year in many rookie drafts. Clearly he still isn't 100% and it isn't assured that he will ever get back to form. I'm throwing him back in the pool in my dynasty league. I'd rather draft Carlos Hyde in this years rookie draft.
I traded for Lattimore last year and drafted Hyde this year. So yeah, I'm with you. I'm holding Marcus until I need someone off the WW and for the mere potential, but I have much more confidence that Hyde is the guy and that Lattimore is a never-will-be

Keeper declaration day Tuesday night and Lattimore is on my roster bubble (only Keep 12).

Any news at all on Lattimore from the 9er faithful out there?
Im in the same boat, kinda google challenged keep us posted! or provide link to AC

Last edited by a moderator:
to answer my own question ;)

(RotoWire)Lattimore (knee/hamstring) is still absent from training camp and is now in jeopardy of starting the season on the non-football injury list, the Sacramento Bee reports.

Analysis: Lattimore was expected to come back healthy in 2014, but his knee hasn't fully healed and the hamstring injury he sustained in mini-camp is still lingering. The team hasn't issued an update on his status, and it is starting to look like the former fourth-round pick will not be ready for the start of the season.

The Latti and Hy duo could be unstop.
Let's go no Latti for now, guys.
my Bad

I appreciate your enthusiasm (or lack)

I was responding (edited for clarity of others) to another poster who used/coined the Term "LATTI" Obviously for me I could cap each letter, but I did attempt to follow suit. But again don't hate player(s)!

joey said:
to answer my own question ;)

(RotoWire)Lattimore (knee/hamstring) is still absent from training camp and is now in jeopardy of starting the season on the non-football injury list, the Sacramento Bee reports.

Analysis: Lattimore was expected to come back healthy in 2014, but his knee hasn't fully healed and the hamstring injury he sustained in mini-camp is still lingering. The team hasn't issued an update on his status, and it is starting to look like the former fourth-round pick will not be ready for the start of the season.
Nearing the end of the road on my roster. Looks like another year on NFI to me.

Rotoworld:

Marcus Lattimore - RB - 49ers

ESPN 49ers reporter Bill Williamson expects Marcus Lattimore (knee, hamstring) to be activated sometime during the season.

Lattimore still isn't practicing. He remains on the active/NFI list -- which is basically the same as PUP -- and could stay on reserve/NFI into the season, making Lattimore eligible for a Week 7 return. Lattimore has not played an NFL snap (exhibition or regular season) since the 49ers took a flier on him in the fourth round of the 2013 draft.

Source: ESPN.com Aug 18 - 11:18 AM

Rotoworld) Marcus Lattimore (knee) expects to open the season on the reserve/NFI list. Analysis: It operates the same as the reserve/PUP list, and would keep Lattimore sidelined for at least the first six weeks. Lattimore expects to be activated at some point during the season. He hasn't played a snap in a competitive football game since wrecking his knee at South Carolina two years ago.

Rotoworld) Marcus Lattimore (knee) expects to open the season on the reserve/NFI list. Analysis: It operates the same as the reserve/PUP list, and would keep Lattimore sidelined for at least the first six weeks. Lattimore expects to be activated at some point during the season. He hasn't played a snap in a competitive football game since wrecking his knee at South Carolina two years ago.
I just don't see him making any kind of impact. Too bad, but they knew when they drafted him that it was a high risk/reward pick.

I'm starting to come to the realization that Lattimore is drop-able in 12 team dynasty leagues with 24 or less man rosters.

I'm starting to come to the realization that Lattimore is drop-able in 12 team dynasty leagues with 24 or less man rosters.
Don't know what truth there is to it, but I read this comment here. It would make sense given that he's able to practice but they keep him limited.

Bill Carter · Top Commenter

I'm hearing they are trying to determine why the swelling returns in the 2nd knee repair after he has a hard workout. Until they can determine its cause and find a remedy they will not put him on the team.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 8 at 1:45pm

Rotoworld:

49ers RB Marcus Lattimore (knee, reserve/NFI) will resume practicing following the team's Week 8 bye, and could join the 53-man roster if he responds well in practice.

The 49ers will have 21 days to activate Lattimore off the NFI list once he begins practicing. Lattimore is eligible to start practicing next week, but that would mean the 49ers' bye week would count as part of the 21-day window. Lattimore is expected to serve as the No. 3 back down the stretch if he is activated.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Oct 11 - 1:10 PM

Rotoworld:

Coach Jim Harbaugh confirmed Monday that Marcus Lattimore (knee, NFI) will practice Wednesday.

The 49ers will start Lattimore's 21-day window to be activated to the 53-man roster. They're expected to evaluate him for the full three weeks, so it'd be a stretch to expect Lattimore to make his NFL debut anytime before Week 12. Lattimore is coming off one of the worst knee injuries we've ever seen in football. Any contributions the 49ers get in 2014 would be a plus. Lattimore has an opportunity to show the 49ers they can count on him to be a part of the 2015 offense with Frank Gore in the final year of his deal.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter

Oct 27 - 6:14 PM

Users who are viewing this thread