What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Bradley (1 Viewer)

Is that the same Bradley originally drafted and released by the Bears.?
Yeah, he was a 2nd rounder for the Bears a few years ago. Had one game where he looked great for the 1st half, then got hurt. Never really got back on the field again, due mostly to injuries I believe. Sure seems to have found a home in KC as of late. Bradley does have talent. There's some intrigue for dynasty leaguers.

He's moving up the dynasty charts fast. Bowe is the better player, but Bradley is talented enough to 'get his'.

Is that the same Bradley originally drafted and released by the Bears.?
Yeah, he was a 2nd rounder for the Bears a few years ago. Had one game where he looked great for the 1st half, then got hurt. Never really got back on the field again, due mostly to injuries I believe. Sure seems to have found a home in KC as of late. Bradley does have talent. There's some intrigue for dynasty leaguers.
Either Lovie and his coaches never gave him a chance or he just wasn't motivated enough. Either way Im pissed the Bears just out right released him. He seemed to be always injured or DNP on his stat line. Whatever the reason he showed big play potential when he did play. Just another Bears WR that went on to perform elsewhere, IE Bobby Engram, Justin Gage, Bernard Berrian, sure no world beaters but still decent WR's. I would have no problem with those 3 WR's on my roster now assuming if healthy.Bradley = WR#3 borderline #2

Last edited by a moderator:
He showed flashes of brilliance at OU. One play not so much in the 2004-2005 USC title game. He muffed the punt which opened the floodgates to a SC ###-whoppin'. Boy oh boy did Stoops straight throw him under the bus for that play. I'll never forget that play and I've never quite forgave him for it. :goodposting:

It was a 7-7 score in the first quarter when a USC punt dribbled deep into Oklahoma territory. Mark Bradley inexplicably picked up the ball, then coughed it up, with USC recovering his fumble at the six.It was like handing a burglar the keys to your house.USC took the gift and scored.“I have no idea why Mark would have done that,” Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops said. “I was as shocked as anyone in the stadium. How do you explain that? I don’t know. That goes back to Pop Warner football. Mark should have made a better decision. I’m not going to sit here and go any further in front of the whole media, but it’s as bad a play as there is.”Bradley, a senior, sat in the interview room afterward and tried to explain what happened.“Just a bonehead mistake on my part,” he said. “Before I even knew what was going on, I saw the ref pointing in SC’s direction. I have to live with it, but I’m not going to let it crush me to the point where I can’t function. Things happen. You’ve got to move forward.”
Glad to see he's doing well in the NFL. I believe his father played in the NFL as well and was pretty good. I think the injuries really hurt his chances at Chicago but I have no idea why they would have just released him. It's not like their receiving corp. is so deep they can flat out cut a guy like Bradley.

It'd be nice to know if Herm or Tony or which QB were part of the plans before answerring this Q. Without that, I lean toward no. Some #2 WRs are very useful in FF but, I never get that feel from KC. Vermeil had an awesome offense there and Green threw for 4k but, did they have a very useful #2 WR? There just isn't much about that team that gives me confidence.

picked him up for $1 this week and started him in place of kevin walters. wound up being my highest-scoring WR and leading me to an easy week 10 win.

It'd be nice to know if Herm or Tony or which QB were part of the plans before answerring this Q. Without that, I lean toward no. Some #2 WRs are very useful in FF but, I never get that feel from KC. Vermeil had an awesome offense there and Green threw for 4k but, did they have a very useful #2 WR? There just isn't much about that team that gives me confidence.
If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :hifive: ) amongst several receivers.

picked him up for $1 this week and started him in place of kevin walters. wound up being my highest-scoring WR and leading me to an easy week 10 win.
I picked him up a couple of weeks ago but haven't had the guts to play him. Wish I did this week. Bradley in, Coles out would mean a W instead of an L for me. :lmao:

What's not to like about Bradley? KC is behind 95% of the time and opposing defenses make Bowe and Gonzo their priority. Bradley has been money in PPR for three straight weeks.

What's not to like about Bradley? KC is behind 95% of the time and opposing defenses make Bowe and Gonzo their priority. Bradley has been money in PPR for three straight weeks.
Yup. He's playing very well. He should have had a second TD yesterday. He was wide open in the end zone on the Chiefs' final drive but Thigpen's pass was way off the mark.

If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :popcorn: ) amongst several receivers.
I agree but when herm can get LJ or a better running game going I fear he will return to his former game approach.

If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :scared: ) amongst several receivers.
He might be useful this year but I'm sure KC hopes they're not "always" down by a zillion points and in comeback mode. In a normal game where the team is getting good production from the RB, how useful will Bradley be? Last time I saw KC it looked like Bowe, Gonzalez, RB, and then #2 WR was where the QB was looking. 4th option just didn't appeal to me. I think Tony needs to leave for the #2 WR to become reliable for FF.

If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :thumbdown: ) amongst several receivers.
He might be useful this year but I'm sure KC hopes they're not "always" down by a zillion points and in comeback mode. In a normal game where the team is getting good production from the RB, how useful will Bradley be? Last time I saw KC it looked like Bowe, Gonzalez, RB, and then #2 WR was where the QB was looking. 4th option just didn't appeal to me. I think Tony needs to leave for the #2 WR to become reliable for FF.
Interesting points. I do disagree, however, that Bradley was a 4th option. He didn't play his first game as a Chief until week 7, and prior to that, the #2 WR was a combination of Devard Darling, Jeff Webb, and Will Franklin. 19 catches in 4 games tells me that they're definitely looking his way, and yesterday they got him involved early and often. It wasn't just garbage time catches or boosting stats late in the 4th quarter.I think the team continues to gain confidence in him and as a result he should continue to get opportunities to produce. Now if he can only stay healthy

thanks guys... happy i picked him up a few weeks ago. sure has helped... givine me around 12- 15 past 3 weeks.

One reason why I'd be quite confident in spite of having Bowe and Gonzo there is that he does one thing better than those two do -- go deep. In the last two weeks alone Bradley has a 57-yarder, a 30-yard TD catch and should have had another 30-yarder but Thigpen missed him.

He's gotten a lot of short stuff to go with it which hasn't amounted to much yet, but it'd be reasonable to think that he could pick that up a little bit sooner or later as well. The little slip screens and slants ... I think sooner or later they'll start turning into 10- or 12-yard plays (like Bowe is so good at) rather than three- or four-yard plays.

If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :lmao: ) amongst several receivers.
They were leading at halftime this week and last and tied in week 8. This offense has kept them in games, not forged comebacks. They went to the spread to play to Thigpens strengths. As long as he's in there, and as long as they're remaining competitive I would think Herm would stick with it rather than go back to what they were doing before.

I expect the #s to go down slightly when KC gets some RBs back, but aside from the 1st week he was in K.C., he's been getting targets and Thigpen has been solid. I gladly started him over M.Harrison yesterday, and he'll probably start over T.O. unless Romo's return brings that offense back to '07.

Really not sure I see anything changing. No reason to point any single person out, but people keep saying when they're RB's come back. I owned Larry Johnson up until about 2 weeks ago, it's not like they were force feeding him the ball. The guy couldn't stay on the field, they were constantly changing backs... I guess the question was "dynasty" so I guess the Chiefs will eventually get their running game going after this season but for the most part I see Bradley being money for the rest of this season especially in PPR leagues.

If they stick with the spread like they're using now they'll rack up plenty of passing yards which will be spread ( :goodposting: ) amongst several receivers.
They were leading at halftime this week and last and tied in week 8. This offense has kept them in games, not forged comebacks. They went to the spread to play to Thigpens strengths. As long as he's in there, and as long as they're remaining competitive I would think Herm would stick with it rather than go back to what they were doing before.
I agree with this

Really not sure I see anything changing. No reason to point any single person out, but people keep saying when they're RB's come back. I owned Larry Johnson up until about 2 weeks ago, it's not like they were force feeding him the ball. The guy couldn't stay on the field, they were constantly changing backs... I guess the question was "dynasty" so I guess the Chiefs will eventually get their running game going after this season but for the most part I see Bradley being money for the rest of this season especially in PPR leagues.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I just aquired him, and am happy about it. He just started for me, and I'm sure he will again this year, but...HERM EDWARDS is going to keep supporting a spread offense with an overachieving QB behind an overachieving line? AFTER getting his Pro-Bowl RB back?

I have to say that Bradley is the #3 option on the offense right now, but you have to think they would prefer to run the ball a little more, if nothing else, to keep defenses a little more honest.

Users who are viewing this thread