What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marty Booker's Catch (1 Viewer)

TitusIII

Footballguy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gtC7R1Jqnw

Thanks to Firekaps!

Not only should this have been the play of the day, but it's probably the best catch I've ever seen. One problem, it's not on any highlight package, or play of the day compilation. Who are these geniuses who put the highlights together? If anyone has a link to this video, could you please post it here. Thanks in advance....

Catch was originally ruled incomplete, but pass interference was called. Lovie Smith challenged the call simply to have the catch count, but again...Booker isn't getting any love anywhere!

Here is a description from NFL.com, but again, no link/video! Argghhhh!

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5214

"Answering questions from reporters about his spectacular 30-yard reception in Sunday’s 34-7 rout of the Lions, Marty Booker was interrupted by fellow receiver Rashied Davis.

“That was the greatest catch ever,” Davis said. “It’s going to win an ESPY. I want to go, Book. I want to go to the ESPYs with you when you win it. Can I go?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggie Wayne's actually gives it some competition for catch-of-the-year on the same day.

Impact-wise, Wayne's wins...a TD that won the game for them.

But the he wasn't catching in the midst of pass interference, either.

Both were amazing catches.

That was an uber-classy move by Lovie challenging the call to get Booker credit for the catch when he really had nothing to gain yardage-wise by doing so. That or complete disrespect for the Lions that he didn't need timeouts.

that's a great catch, thanks for sharing the link.

Once I've replayed it a hundred times, like other great catches, it may no longer be one of the best ever to me.

After that dies off, we'll see where it stands. Know what I mean?

That was an uber-classy move by Lovie challenging the call to get Booker credit for the catch when he really had nothing to gain yardage-wise by doing so. That or complete disrespect for the Lions that he didn't need timeouts.
I think that the PI would have given them first and goal around the 6 yard line, whereas a completion would have given them first and goal at the 1. Huge difference.

The announcers never say anything, but I'm 99% sure the interference call placed the ball outside the 5 yard line (the 8 if memory serves me). So there was some incentive to get the first down in a much easier scoring position.eta...reviewed the play and the contact was right around 7-8, so that's where the ball was placed with the flag.

youtube blocked at work so i cant wait to get home to watch but how does it rank with the catch in the super bowl last year?

The weirdest thing about the catch is that as you said, it seemed to be replayed nowhere. I kept waiting to see it again whether on NFL or ESPN or whatever and no luck. I was amazed.

The weirdest thing about the catch is that as you said, it seemed to be replayed nowhere. I kept waiting to see it again whether on NFL or ESPN or whatever and no luck. I was amazed.
Tyree's catch was certainly more dramatic/important, and a pretty damn impressive catch regardless, but Booker may be the only WR in the league that could pull this type of catch off due to the size of his mitt-like hands.--------It is weird...one would think ESPN would be all over plays like this, quite odd...but oh well...nobody like Marty Booker :hey:I've seen Reggie Bush return his punts thirty times, and Devin Hester score on a slant just as many, but this gets no love. Give me a call ESPN!

Jumpin' Joe's catch at about 1:30. When you watch the replay you realize that the ball was so far behind him he decided the only chance he had was to self-tip the ball. I'm looking for it, but he did this again earlier in the season where he did a nice dipsy-do 180 degree turn between tip and catch.

Lash said:
youtube blocked at work so i cant wait to get home to watch but how does it rank with the catch in the super bowl last year?
Tyree's was a catch about willpower and strength; Booker's was a catch about willpower and athleticism. Different contexts, and different about factors.

I liked Booker his first stint with the Bears. I was hoping he had something left in the tank and it appears so. Go Bears.

Caught it this morning on NFLN as the #1 play of the Top 10 for Week 5. Wayne's catch was #3 and Reggie's 1st Return was #2.

Users who are viewing this thread