What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martz fired (1 Viewer)

I think Martz ends up in Minnesota. I just have a feeling about it. HE could do some great things with Culpepper and those young receivers.The Lions need a disciplinarian type guy to get those lazy players motivated. I don't think it would be Martz. Roy Williams needs someone to light a fire under him and get him inspired to play football. I like Martz in Minnesota.Dan Reeves, of course, in Houston since he is all ready there.Green Bay? Maybe Favre can stick around and coach.Oakland? That ax will be coming down shortly.Kansas City? I think Herm Edwards resigns in NY and comes to KC.St Louis? They will be looking for a defensive coach.There will be some college coaches heavily recruited for some of those openings too.

everyone knew this was coming.  this is why he did not come back even after medically cleared
Didn't he try to come back and they told him to just stay home? Talk about a :pokey:
oh yes. they even cut off communication ... which was a huge story at the time.

The Lions need a disciplinarian type guy to get those lazy players motivated. I don't think it would be Martz. Roy Williams needs someone to light a fire under him and get him inspired to play football.
Detroit is supposedly going to take a look at Maurice Carthon. That would be a good hire there. Comes from the Parcells/Belichek school.

everyone knew this was coming. this is why he did not come back even after medically cleared
Didn't he try to come back and they told him to just stay home? Talk about a :pokey:
oh yes. they even cut off communication ... which was a huge story at the time.
The St-Louis Rams organization has no class . But that is no surprise.
I can't argue with that point. But now that Martz is gone and a new regime will be coming in, maybe they can "clean the garbage", per say.

Id like Martz in KC as O-Coordinator
So would every team in the league. Hes one of the better HC's in the league. He wont be a cooridnator.
agreed... he is HC material... but he needs a strong front office & personnel dept (college scouting & pro personnel), which he didn't have in STL... & he should be banned for life from picking his own DC. :) he would look good in MIN... possibly in OAK, but he may have too strong a personality to co-exist with puppet master count chocula... he would work wonders in HOU... that could be a coverted gig with #1 overall choice...

mad mike martz HC with new triplets... carr, reggie bush & andre johnson... plus fastest player in NFL jerome mathis as slot WR... get a free agent WR as complementary WR2... OOOWWWCCCHHH!!! :)

there defense is like 10 players away from being a great stop unit (they have dunta robinson to build on)... at least if they have stellar offense they might start winning some games 35-28.

So would every team in the league. Hes one of the better HC's in the league. He wont be a cooridnator.
agreed... he is HC material... but he needs a strong front office & personnel dept (college scouting & pro personnel), which he didn't have in STL... & he should be banned for life from picking his own DC. :) he would look good in MIN... possibly in OAK, but he may have too strong a personality to co-exist with puppet master count chocula... he would work wonders in HOU... that could be a coverted gig with #1 overall choice...

mad mike martz HC with new triplets... carr, reggie bush & andre johnson... plus fastest player in NFL jerome mathis as slot WR... get a free agent WR as complementary WR2... OOOWWWCCCHHH!!! :)

there defense is like 10 players away from being a great stop unit (they have dunta robinson to build on)... at least if they have stellar offense they might start winning some games 35-28.
I too think that would be a good fit, but Id be amazed if Kubiak doesnt get that job(and deservedly so).

maybe you are more well read or there are some strong regional indications i am unaware of... personally, i can't think of any prospective HC slot that is that much of a slam dunk i could say i was amazed they didn't get the job.i think martz will end up SOMEWHERE... but not sure where (we can make educated guesses, which we have been doing)...

Why? So Martz can piss off Larry Johnson by giving him 14 carries a game while having Green throw a million passes a game to Sammie Parker and Eddie Kennison?

Why? So Martz can piss off Larry Johnson by giving him 14 carries a game while having Green throw a million passes a game to Sammie Parker and Eddie Kennison?
No...so they can make the playoffs. Everyone claimed Martz was the problem in STL...I didn't see any improvement after he left this year.

No...so they can make the playoffs. Everyone claimed Martz was the problem in STL...I didn't see any improvement after he left this year.
I think losing their starting QB had something to do with that. Besides, they were sucking already with Martz this year. In the long run, the Rams will be better off getting a different head coach.

The thought of Martz going to Davis and the Raiders reminds me of Dr. Frankenstein and his deranged assistant Igor. "YES MASTER,YES MASTER"

I think Martz ends up in Minnesota. I just have a feeling about it. HE could do some great things with Culpepper and those young receivers.
With all the rumors that Culpepper was too dumb to handle Mike Tice's offense... I don't see that as a good fit.
I think you're right about that. I think Culpepper is one of the better real life QB's in the game, not just fantasy, but I don't think it's because of his melon.Another potential disaster with that: Martz has gotten pretty much every QB he's ever coached killed because his passing game is pretty risque. That Culpepper will start his "new career" after ripping his knee to shreds I think would be bad news.

I also don't think Martz is a strong enough personality either as others are saying in the discipline department.

I think Martz ends up in Minnesota. I just have a feeling about it. HE could do some great things with Culpepper and those young receivers.
I'd rather see Haslett or Fassel here before Martz, and I hope to God that Zygi doesn't hire Fassel. I would rather have kept Tice than go with one of these retreads.

The thought of Martz going to Davis and the Raiders reminds me of Dr. Frankenstein and his deranged assistant Igor. "YES MASTER,YES MASTER"
I could see Martz as a Raiders' coach but there are a couple of things going on there that I see as obstacles.1) Al Davis - Their philosophies might not be far off (Al has always liked the deep passing game, Martz is a passing guru) but I see Al as a real crabby owner. He's always going to have his mitts on things and I don't see their personalities - both control freaks - meshing too well.

2) Lack of Discipline and Underachievement already on the Raiders team. The Raiders used to be a wild team that played hard. Now they have malcontents that don't. Raiders players used to be happy they were Raiders. Now the guys hate the team and get wasted because they aren't into the right mindset for winning on the field.

3) The Raiders defense. Man is it ever awful. It's not like Martz is ever going to help with that.

How about a guy like Greg Williams, DC Coordinator Redskins? Al could then handpick a young offensive guru type to be the OC.

I do like that the Raiders at least have the potential for a really good O line although I heard they weren't that good on the field this year.

Users who are viewing this thread