What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Contest of Champions - Time Killer (1 Viewer)

Since I've polished off the Realm(finally), figured I'd ask this here even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer:

True or False: Since RoL is the only place you can currently get a 4* Cyke, there's no way to awaken him.

Since I can finally start accruing cats again I'm lining up my 4* champs in the order I'd like to take them to 4/40. Trying to determine where to place him in the pecking order.
There are those awakening gems, not sure if there is still a way to obtain them. I have seen a few awakened Ronans and Cyclops in arena.

Cyclops and even Ronan are pretty solid even unduped.

I found a way to get a 3rd Thanos/Kang matchup. Woot and MJ had talked about getting Thanos/Kang in the 8/9 range by going all 4* once they reached the 3x bonus. I tried on Tuesday, got Thanos at a streak of 9, but then got the 15000pi mxpx squad when my next team was only 8500. Today I tried this route again only after the Thanos matchup I went with a low PI team to see what it would do, and got the back to back Thanos/Kang at 13/14. Here is what I did:

3* until you reach the 3x bonus

4* starting from bottom

At 9 I used my top team (11000 pi) and got Thanos (maybe with higher teams earlier on you can get him earlier?)

10- used ~1300 total pi

11- used ~4700

12- used ~5800

13 got Thanos

14 Kang

followed normal script from here to 20.

I think I have maybe 30k more points than I would at this point normally, so not a huge difference, if I had more 4/40 I would try for a second Kang matchup at 10. Maybe if you can get them at 9/10 then drop pi for 11/12 you can get them again at 13/14

Dickies said:
5-ish Finkle said:
Since I've polished off the Realm(finally), figured I'd ask this here even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer:

True or False: Since RoL is the only place you can currently get a 4* Cyke, there's no way to awaken him.

Since I can finally start accruing cats again I'm lining up my 4* champs in the order I'd like to take them to 4/40. Trying to determine where to place him in the pecking order.
There are those awakening gems, not sure if there is still a way to obtain them. I have seen a few awakened Ronans and Cyclops in arena.Cyclops and even Ronan are pretty solid even unduped.
I hate to say it but Ronan is pretty weak. Doesn't help that I pair him with 4/40 awakened gamora and 4/40 starlord, but he just doesn't hit very hard. Stun and armor break are nice but his attacks don't do much against the willpower that those features give the opponent.

Cyclops on the other hand is pretty cool. His specials are pretty damn strong.

UOFI_316 said:
I found a way to get a 3rd Thanos/Kang matchup. Woot and MJ had talked about getting Thanos/Kang in the 8/9 range by going all 4* once they reached the 3x bonus. I tried on Tuesday, got Thanos at a streak of 9, but then got the 15000pi mxpx squad when my next team was only 8500. Today I tried this route again only after the Thanos matchup I went with a low PI team to see what it would do, and got the back to back Thanos/Kang at 13/14. Here is what I did:

4* starting from bottom

At 9 I used my top team (11000 pi) and got Thanos (maybe with higher teams earlier on you can get him earlier?)

10- used ~1300 total pi

11- used ~4700

12- used ~5800

13 got Thanos

14 Kang

I think I have maybe 30k more points than I would at this point normally, so not a huge difference, if I had more 4/40 I would try for a second Kang matchup at 10. Maybe if you can get them at 9/10 then drop pi for 11/12 you can get them again at 13/14
Last arena And the current one I tried out different strategies than normal. I had the Kang/thanos matchups for about 5 or 6 straight rounds. From like 8 or 9 to about 13-14. Huge boost in score to start off with. I was just under 200k at my 10th round, and something like 500k+ or so after 20. Definitely worth using units to do that if you're going for basic champs.

Trying to roll out the following into a pecking order for rank ups(all unduped). Figured I'd put it here for me to sort out in writing. If anyone wants to add an opinion, that's fine too:

Hulk- Totally fine with him, poison immunity is nice, but he's not exactly super fun for me to play. He'd mesh nicely with Widow and Ms. Marvel, but he isn't the tank that Cap is(current 3rd member of that team).

Yellow Jacket- I know some swear by him, but I hate just about everything about him; he feels clunky, his animations are ####, I don't like playing him or fighting against him. Everything I hear is how much of a "boss killer" he is, and I really don't have one of those at present, but eeeesh.

Storm- Like fighting with her a good deal, but she suffers from glass cannon-itis

Electro- (same deal as Storm)

Majik- (don't hate her as much as a lot of people, but the biggest draw is the power drain).

Daredevil- (I like him just fine, but already have a duped BW to take into AQ as a skill champ)

Ultron- Would only be doing this for the bleed immunity, which I don't have otherwise

Cyclops- Newly minted from the realm and I do enjoy how he plays. Just feel iffy about rushing him to 4/40 since I know awakening him is probably never happening.

Gamora- Meshes with my duped Drax, but has the same glass cannon issues that Storm/Electro do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd first figure out if you prefer any specific class (maybe one you don't have a 4/40 in or whatever). You can rank your order by class, and pick the top champ of whatever class you want to rank up, or have the necessary cats to rank up.

I'll pick my top for each class you posted:

Mutant: Storm. Cyclops is awesome, but undupable. Storm is still strong unduped, and if you awaken her she is just awesome.

Skill: I was torn between dd and bw and ultimately went with BW. I know yours is duped and already at 4/40 I believe, so dd obviously would be this choice, and not a bad one at all.

Science: Hulk was my first dupe and first 4/40, but I'd probably go with YJ. Whoever you hate less I suppose. Neither of them are worthy of sniffing Cap's farts though IMO, until you dupe them.

Don't need to rank the others since it was one from each class. Many love ultron, I'm kinda meh about him. I love gamora, but obviously her real strength comes when duped.

Yeah, Gamora unduped just disappoints me since I know what a bada$$ she is with Assassination.

This is probably all much ado about nothing, since benching the Block Proficiency team of Doc/Doc/Witch is going to be tough for me to do. The amount of heal block stuff we deal with on map 4(and now 5, I suppose) does at least give some hesitation. Sort of "meh" about always rolling with 3 Mystics too, but Strange is too good to get hung up on that about.

If I were going to pick one of that list up there as a "favorite" to play, it'd probably be a tie between Storm and Electro. I already have a couple 4/40 Science champs already though, including a duped Spiderman. So, I suppose that makes Storm the top choice. I have enough stuff to rank up a couple right now though, so still need to make the call on the second.

Yeah, Gamora unduped just disappoints me since I know what a bad### she is with Assassination.

This is probably all much ado about nothing, since benching the Block Proficiency team of Doc/Doc/Witch is going to be tough for me to do. The amount of heal block stuff we deal with on map 4(and now 5, I suppose) does at least give some hesitation. Sort of "meh" about always rolling with 3 Mystics too, but Strange is too good to get hung up on that about.

If I were going to pick one of that list up there as a "favorite" to play, it'd probably be a tie between Storm and Electro. I already have a couple 4/40 Science champs already though, including a duped Spiderman. So, I suppose that makes Storm the top choice. I have enough stuff to rank up a couple right now though, so still need to make the call on the second.
For clarification, you do or do not have cap? And if so is he duped? Either way he should be your top science choice IMO.

I think DD is your best bet for a boss killer from that list, even unduped (although I've never used YJ 4*). He has perfect block V at rank 4, can absorb a lot of blocks. CapWW2 has the advantage vs. Jugg/UC though.

Maybe something like Dr.S, CapWW2, and DD? 1 regenerator and 2 boss killers.

I think DD is your best bet for a boss killer from that list, even unduped (although I've never used YJ 4*). He has perfect block V at rank 4, can absorb a lot of blocks. CapWW2 has the advantage vs. Jugg/UC though.

Maybe something like Dr.S, CapWW2, and DD? 1 regenerator and 2 boss killers.
I like that team. Good blocking is getting to be crucial on these tougher AQ maps. Sucks when you get wrecked just blocking special attacks.

The nice thing about DD is he's pretty good in both lanes (crits.stun) and against bosses (perfect block). His dupe isn't crucial (unless youre fighting Map 5 Cyclops)

That said I would likely stick with Dr/Dr/SW if you have that team, for the block prof if nothing else.

I could get behind a Doc/Cap/DD team, in theory, but that limits contributions against bleeders and poisoners a good bit.

I'll have to play some more with Daredevil as I really don't use him that much. I'm fine with him, but it appears I may be underrating.

I could get behind a Doc/Cap/DD team, in theory, but that limits contributions against bleeders and poisoners a good bit.

I'll have to play some more with Daredevil as I really don't use him that much. I'm fine with him, but it appears I may be underrating.
Really there are only a few bleed/poison lanes, so ideally a few summoners are assigned those lanes each AQ and the rest use whoever.

Probably going to go with Daredevil as the 2nd rank up. Need a few more cats to get him there(he was sitting at 2/20), but won't be long now that I can actually go attack catalyst quests again.

I found a way to get a 3rd Thanos/Kang matchup.  Woot and MJ had talked about getting Thanos/Kang in the 8/9 range by going all 4* once they reached the 3x bonus.  I tried on Tuesday, got Thanos at a streak of 9, but then got the 15000pi mxpx squad when my next team was only 8500.  Today I tried this route again only after the Thanos matchup I went with a low PI team to see what it would do, and got the back to back Thanos/Kang at 13/14.  Here is what I did:

4* starting from bottom

10- used ~1300 total pi

11- used  ~4700

12- used ~5800

13 got Thanos 

14 Kang

I think I have maybe 30k more points than I would at this point normally, so not a huge difference, if I had more 4/40 I would try for a second Kang matchup at 10.  Maybe if you can get them at 9/10 then drop pi for 11/12 you can get them again at 13/14

Now that I have two full teams of 4/40 this approach works really well with a work day.  During lunch I got in matches 1-10, (3* up to 3x, then 4*, and matches 9 and 10 were my top teams against Kang/Thanos).  Took a poop break around 3 after my top teams had recharged, got in matches 11 and 12, again against Kang/Thanos.  While I was making dinner got in match 13, and then started 14.  After dinner finished 14, and was into endless.  I hit 200k in the middle of match 11 I think.  I ended with 6 matches against Kang/Thanos really gives you a jump start on hitting milestones.

Just wanna say that I finally decided to get into this game after seeing a 170pg thread about it.  Like it.  Early on I gotta say I got a three star old man logan drop and been pretty easy going through the first parts.  Feel familiar with it but seeing team discussions and stuff makes me know still scratching the surface.  Any early game pointers other than those on the first few pages?

Just wanna say that I finally decided to get into this game after seeing a 170pg thread about it.  Like it.  Early on I gotta say I got a three star old man logan drop and been pretty easy going through the first parts.  Feel familiar with it but seeing team discussions and stuff makes me know still scratching the surface.  Any early game pointers other than those on the first few pages?
Rank up your 3 star and use him on the story quests.

Run the current Deadpool quests while you can, they disappear at the end of the month to be replaced with new short term quests.

Once you get a couple of 3*s, start doing the arenas.  Your first month you're in the beginner's bracket, your second month you're in the intermediate bracket.  After that you're in the vet bracket and getting a 4* from an arena becomes a near impossibility.

FYI, to get a 4* in the beginner bracket, you need to grind out about 1.1 to 1.2 million points.  This can be done by reaching the unlimited streak.  Google MCOC unlimited streak and you'll find how to do that.  Anyways, it will be a big grind, especially your first go at it.  It gets easier as you add 4*s as they score a lot more points.

Either way.  Although I'd complete first and get those rewards to help out in arenas and such while you work on 100%

Rank up your 3 star and use him on the story quests.

Run the current Deadpool quests while you can, they disappear at the end of the month to be replaced with new short term quests.

Once you get a couple of 3*s, start doing the arenas.  Your first month you're in the beginner's bracket, your second month you're in the intermediate bracket.  After that you're in the vet bracket and getting a 4* from an arena becomes a near impossibility.

FYI, to get a 4* in the beginner bracket, you need to grind out about 1.1 to 1.2 million points.  This can be done by reaching the unlimited streak.  Google MCOC unlimited streak and you'll find how to do that.  Anyways, it will be a big grind, especially your first go at it.  It gets easier as you add 4*s as they score a lot more points.
Yeah you definitely will wanna do arenas as much as you can now while still in beginner then intermediate bracket.  It'll pay off big time in the long run. 

Update shows new heroes on the title screen but dont see how to acquire.  Looks like they reset the deadpool quests too...

How do some of these heros I fight regenerate so much health? War Machine was getting 720 points per second. I've looked through the mastery listings and I'm just not seeing how they are doing this? I can regen 4 points per second.  

We need to post videos of how to beat bosses on here!  Woot promised some months ago didn't he?
True, i promised to make an Ultron video. Never came around to do that. Will make one against map 5 2nd UC when i'm at home, playing and recording in the office is a bit awkward.

Restricted said:
Im saving my hero draws for when they do
Most of them are likely just reskins, and the success rate of those specialty crystals don't warrant the 50% increase in unit cost. That being said I get suckered into buying some pretty much every time. 

Found this online.  Nodes for AW:

Node Number

Local Boost

25% Attack and Health
10% Stun for 1.5 Sec

10% Fury

25% Attack and Health
Damage by special

40% more poison

Start 1 bar of power

40% more bleed

50% H & A
40% armor
40% fury
Start 1 bar of power

25% H&A
50%H&A
Degeneration with champions missing health

50%H&A
Enemy generates power when striking a blocking target
More likely to use SP1

25% H&A
Inifinity Blast
40% armor

30% energy resistance
18% Physical Resistance

25% A&H
25%Health
reduces damage 20%

50%A&H
More likely to use SP2
Start with 2 bars
10% Stun

25%A&H
50%A&H
SP1 30% can't be blocked
Start 1 bar

25%A&H
50%A&H
SP1 Deals 30% more

50%A&H
Saves until SP3

25%A&H
80% Energy Resistance
Bleed abilities 40%more

Armor Break 40%

25%A&H
Start with 2 bars
Infinity Blast

50%A&H
Gains below 25%HP
Adaptive

25% A&H
50% A&H
300% power gain

25%A&H
50%A&H
Attacks ignore armore, resistance and evasion

50%A&H
Adaptive
Reduces damage by 20% proportionate to missing health

50%A&H
40% fury
20% more abilities

25%A&H
SP1 30% more and can't be blocked
More likely to use SP1

Nullify effect have 65% fail

Attackers power drains every 30 Sec

25%A&H
SP gives one bar
Immune to Stun

50%A&H
Inflicts bleed

25% A&H
50% A&H
Stores power until sp3
Drains attackers power every 25 seconds

25%A&H
50%A&H
Combo shield
Ignore armor with combo of 15+
immune to stun

50%A&H
28% critical Rate
100% Critical Damage

25% A&H
45%Armor
Armor Break 40% more

20%Armor

28% Critical Rate
50% chance Critical hit causes power leak

25%A&H
Infiniity Blast
Start with 1 bar

50%A&H
Start with 1 bar
More likely to use SP1

25%A&H
50%A&H
Dashing backward causes 50% direct damage

25%A&H
100%Attack

25%A&H
18%Physical Resistance
15% Thorns

25% Health
20% Armor

Fissure
Heal Block

25%A&H
Nullify 75% fail
Attacker power drained every 25 sec

50%A&H
66%Armor

25%A&H
50%A&H
Infinity Blast
80% Physical Resistance15%thorns

50%A&H
100% Health
SP damage causes 1 bar

25%A&H
50%A&H
start with 1 bar
Saves until sp3

50%A&H
every 6 hits causes stun
40% more precision

50%A&H
100%Health
Attackers power drained every 20 sec
Nullify effect 95% fail

50% A&H
28% Critical Rat
Fissure
Heal Block

50%A&H
28% critical Rate
50% Power leak for Critical
20%Armor

50%A&H
100% Health
Immune to negative
Mirrors beneficail effects

50%A&H
100% Health
Infinity Blast

25%A&H
50%A&H
.6%Degeneration per second

50%A&H
300% Health
Stun immunity

What do you have against Hulkbuster
If you can draw out his L2 you can regen pretty fast.  Evade the first half where he rushes you, let the beam hit you and you have 3 armor breaks at once.  Dash/evade backwards as you are healing and you don't run the risk of getting hit with the armor break active.

If you can draw out his L2 you can regen pretty fast.  Evade the first half where he rushes you, let the beam hit you and you have 3 armor breaks at once.  Dash/evade backwards as you are healing and you don't run the risk of getting hit with the armor break active.
Exactly this.

Our defensive map shouldn't do our opponents the favor of healing them.  Buster, Cap, War Machine, Fixit, Antman are the absolute worst at this.  Fist and a few others pretty brutal as well.

When I made the spreadsheet and listed everyone I was going off of memory on all the champs, while trying to also do real work.  I had no rhyme or reason to the order I was putting people in, just as they popped into mind. Hell I forgot Antman and he is one of my top guys.  I am sure there are others I missed as well.  In the spreadsheet I was not trying to single any champs out as HB is good for AQ, and IP is one of Peaks guys.

If you need to add someone, copy the last name over and in the formula replace both instances of the old name.  I had to google to find out how to get that wierd vertical text to appear like that.

Anyone rolling with the "damage reduction" masteries(Inequity and Resonate)?  Starting to accrue mastery points again, and I'm looking over those in lieu of the suicide stuff(Recoil/LC/DE).

My first take is that they'd make fighting Willpower champs even more tiresome than it already can be, and in some cases probably render certain champs useless(Fist, Antman, etc). Also guessing it'd make arenas in general not much fun...as if they are already.

That said, for AQs and AWs I can see the draw for going after them.  Figured I'd solicit opinions here to see if anyone has been rolling with them.

Users who are viewing this thread