What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (2 Viewers)

There is a serious lack of BBQ in So Cal. It would be a long but fun Road Trip but I'd love to get y hands on some real BBQ.

Let's think bigger. I like road trips and it might be fun to think of a route like this for smaller more regional cornholes...say for 30 - 50 people each stay.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

One cornhole every 3 days. It would also give me time to check out some of the legends out there.
On behalf of St Louis....

####### IN.

Denver is the logical choice for large city in the middle of the country that people might actually want to go to. There are also additional benefits to enhance one's appetite there.
Denver is calling me....i love me some Denver. We can call it the All Smoked Out Festival. I'll just detour at Des Moines and circle back.

:drive:

Let's think bigger. I like road trips and it might be fun to think of a route like this for smaller more regional cornholes...say for 30 - 50 people each stay.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

One cornhole every 3 days. It would also give me time to check out some of the legends out there.
That's about solid 3 weeks of work for your $5k goal. Hopefully you time is worth more than that.

Sure sounds like fun though.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

That's about solid 3 weeks of work for your $5k goal. Hopefully you time is worth more than that.

nah...just two weeks....and the restaurant would stay open and I'd get to eat at about 14 different legends of bbq on my list of places i haven't. And it would probably gross more like 7500 if just 30 came out for each one.

I'd also win all the cash at each poker game we had while i watched the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

Not to mention he should get more than $5k. If we do $50/head and 50 per spot, that's $2500 each city.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

Not to mention he should get more than $5k. If we do $50/head and 50 per spot, that's $2500 each city.
all big ifs. i think getting 50 to pay 50 for my bbq is crazy. i just like spitballing the idea...

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

I hope it works out like that for him. I know ICON has all kinds of potential guests for MIM throughout the year but most never show. People always say IN until it conflicts with their mother-in-law's birthday or kid's soccer game.

add Cleveland to the list and pull in the PA and NY guys who would at least have a landing place closer than Chicago.......
There are bunches of FFA guys here in the DC area. Not sure what he had against DC itself in the initial posting about the BBQ fundraiser, but...

ffldrew said:
What about the Mile High City - not only are we a major hub for 3 airlines - we have certain things that can help build an appetite before the meal that I don't believe are available in too many place. wink.wink.
Deja vu

ffldrew said:
What about the Mile High City - not only are we a major hub for 3 airlines - we have certain things that can help build an appetite before the meal that I don't believe are available in too many place. wink.wink.
Deja vu
Just saw all the others - my computer is getting funky on this site - and pages are loading pretty slow

We could hook it up with a hockey game as well

We need Icon to hook us up with some "Tipsy McStagger FBG World Tour" t shirts. I'd pay $50 to stuff my face with BBQ, meet FBG's, AND get a shirt out of it.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

You need to do D.C. too.

You know all of you guys want to get out of that horrific humidity. A beautiful day in So Cal feasting on Tipsey's Q followed by a cool, dry evening with beers, cigars, etc would be a blast. Or, I can get on a plane and sweat at every location not named Denver already mentioned. Just sayin'....

Perfect excuse to finally get out and see the mile high city. Maybe do some fantasy league drafts while there (along with q, poker, and booze)?.

I'd also love to hike Denver's mountains.

Memphis

St. Louis

Chicago

Kansas City

Austin TX

You forgot Detroit.

Lots of FBG's with $$$ in Phoenix...
i was looking at the extended route ....chicago to minneapolis...down to des moines...over to denver...down to santa fe...over to phoenix...back to austin. Dad lives in Prescott...he would crap himself if I pulled in with my pit and 40 fbg's out of the blue :)

Training my partner in how to do everything in the restaurant right now. This is his first morning on the clock so to speak. This is a move to make any expansion easier. I have to accept that I can only be the man in one location and that I need people that have the restaurants back at the end of the day.

Does he play at Antelope Hills? I played there as a kid.

We still own a small office building about 1/2 block off the square downtown. Maybe we could set up the pit in the parking lot. Could attract lots of passers by.

The wheels are turning extremely fast right now. A cafe on the westbank closed and needs a new tenant. Its cheaper rent, a bigger suburban crowd with a heavy industrial base of workers nearby, and the place is huge...nearly 4 times bigger than what i have now. they want me there...i know i will absolutely kill it for M-F lunch alone.. I CANNOT PASS IT UP. Dude doesn't want me to sign more than a month to month lease for now. I have very little to lose by trying. I wouldn't waste my time or money if I thought it wasn't going to kill it. My biggest worry at moment is that demand will force dinners and weekends too. Staffing can solve that easily enough I guess....i just never pictured me having two restaurants going...i feel sick to my stomach with excitement.
Congrats On the success Tipsy!Was selfishly hoping for a Pensacola store :kicksrock:
actually....my hometown needs one...mainly so I have an excuse to go see my mom more. It has been put on the long range planning.... my partner has visions of his music production company hiring bands to make a circuit from houston to destin. he of course wants mcbbq to come along for the ride.
bump....some more wheels started spinning last night. i'll explain more in a bit. lets just say its a bigger possibility that my 2nd location is actually 100 miles away....

I have to accept that I can only be the man in one location and that I need people that have the restaurants back at the end of the day.
YES.

lets just say its a bigger possibility that my 2nd location is actually 100 miles away....
Careful with this unless you've built a quality clone / airtight system. Magazine can start to suffer fast if you're mind is 100 miles away. :(

Here's some unsolicited advice from someone who works for a small business founder who is expanding rapidly...

If you don't have clear processes for everything, in writing and tested/trained employees who know these in and out, you shouldn't expand. You can't be in 2 places at once. Expansion should only come after you've been able to take yourself out of the first location and prove to yourself your team can handle it themselves.

Many people expand and don't realize that THEY are the one keeping everything running together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me Utah would be more fitting than Denver. You could pull Utah, Denver, Arizona. . .

AND we all know chet has a pretty sweet mansion in Park City. . .

When would you be doing this? ballpark? Taking a big trip next summer and might be able to hit some of those. I also am planning to hit NOLA, and would be disappointed to go there and have Tipsy not be there!!

mr roboto said:
Does he play at Antelope Hills? I played there as a kid.

We still own a small office building about 1/2 block off the square downtown. Maybe we could set up the pit in the parking lot. Could attract lots of passers by.
I graduated from Embry-Riddle 20 years ago. I love Prescott. One of my favorite places on earth.

Tipsy>

A food truck or mini grill location in Brooklyn could be a massive, massive hit. Williamsburg or Park Slope, preferably Williamsburg.

Tipsy>

A food truck or mini grill location in Brooklyn could be a massive, massive hit. Williamsburg or Park Slope, preferably Williamsburg.
You want to set a food truck up around these parts, I'd be happy to be one of the backers. A BBQ Truck has huge potential over here.

Tipsy>

You want to set a food truck up around these parts, I'd be happy to be one of the backers. A BBQ Truck has huge potential over here.
No question. Brooklyn or Manhattan. Midtown around lunch hour? $$$$$$$$

There is a cool bar called union pool that at night has a food truck (taco truck) parked in the huge outdoor yard. It's busy all night on the weekends. Ideal scenario would be lunchtime in midtown manhattan, evenings as part of some bar in Williamsburg.

Profit.

:lol:

Opening a food truck in manhattan would be an insane second step from a 1yr old small first location in New Orleans.

:lol:

Opening a food truck in manhattan would be an insane second step from a 1yr old small first location in New Orleans.
Lots of folks do it as their first step and make $$$$. Tipsy is ahead of the game...
Purely IMO:

I don't think you understand how BBQ works... He has a process. It's not like teaching someone to make pizza of a sandwich. It's a ~10 hour long process that's as much art as science.

If he's going to put his name on it, he'd need a guy who has worked in his process for long enough to have it down, and be willing to move up to manhattan, and be willing to ship back a portion of the proceeds rather than striking out on his own (the Mcclures brand doesn't really carry much equity there yet). Tipsy ain't moving to manhattan. :lol:

This is purely my .02 but branching out into a sales vehicle he's unfamiliar with, in a region he's unfamiliar with... Thousands of miles from his primary location. Crazy Move IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread