What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

mccoy (1 Viewer)

sbonomo

Footballguy
Can we call him a bust at this point? Eagles look horrible, line is a mess and vick is not helping anything by throwing for the home run on every scramble rather than checking down.

I think your question will be answered by the end of the game and I think it'll be a resounding no. Nobody in their right mind expected him to get 20 TDs again so naturally his numbers would fall but he was still a fairly safe pick. He won't finish #1 overall but he'll be a top 10 back which out of a top 10 selection, I don't think you can call him a bust. A lot of his value was his steadiness which you couldn't say for someone like Matthews , AP, or Charles so you paid for that knowledge and didn't have to gamble on an ACL reconstruction or Mr. Glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a good day and would be better had he scored on his goal line carries. Has been solid so far this year but not great. Give it time

I actually had a bad feeling about him coming into the season and traded him away in a keeper league (would have cost a 1st, so I gave him up for Lynch as an 8th rounder)...but from what I've seen, he looks about as good as last year, he just hasn't had the touchdowns.

He won't get the number of scores as he did last year, obviously...but to me, I would love to have him on any of my teams as a consistent week to week performer.

Last year goal line he was just automatic, then he's getting stuffed this year and they are giving the ball to frigin Bryce Brown in inexplicable situations (coming out of a timeout 2nd and goal trying to ice the game, really??). TD's can be pretty flukey, but its hurting right now even though he's getting his yardage. And I play in a yardage heavy league but its still been frustrating.

Last year goal line he was just automatic, then he's getting stuffed this year and they are giving the ball to frigin Bryce Brown in inexplicable situations (coming out of a timeout 2nd and goal trying to ice the game, really??). TD's can be pretty flukey, but its hurting right now even though he's getting his yardage. And I play in a yardage heavy league but its still been frustrating.
Well I'd say 10-12 TDs was probably a realistic number. The O-line is pretty ugly at the moment which will hurt him the most at the GL. I think Brown was inserted to get stuffed to run the clock out. He'll still get his TDs and I'd be surprised if he didn't finish double digit TDs but it probably won't be good enough for top 3-5 with players like AP and Charles healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread