What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Men are officially on notice and bro culture is dying (3 Viewers)

He might consider doing that and donating all the money. Idk, it's a tough spot. If I'm him, I would just disappear.
Woody Allen seduced and then married his own stepdaughter, and his career didn't skip a beat. This is at least in that same ballpark. CK was already doing things DIY style and he may not be inclined to just throw away all of his creative ambitions if he sees a path to getting his work out there.

What might one find in these tapes? I'm not familiar. Just pulled one up on youtube and couldn't get past 2 minutes. Looks like a massive catalog of him on the show is right there, full shows. 
Here’s one. And mind you, this is a group of friends so I don’t think it’s malacious.   But we are not in a place any more where stuff like this has any context any longer and Louie himself turned his back on this kind of stuff in going mainstream. 

VERY RACIST AND VERY NSFW: https://youtu.be/hRDXeinEUJQ

Louie making these comments was obviously to me, in a “I’m never gonna make it “ or “i don’t give an F” place   

Oh yeah.  My SILs ex-husband listened to bro country constantly.  Used to carry his mobile blue tooth speaker with him all over the house so he could listen to it. He had an IQ that hovered around the average temperature of San Diego.  I am glad he's gone, but with me forever is the knowledge that every Bro Country song is cookie cutter bad and must mention God, women, trucks and ice cold beer.  It is comically bad.  This is the base that voted for Trump and thinks we are now soft for exposing sexual assault. 
You forgot "tanned legs".

Woody Allen seduced and then married his own stepdaughter, and his career didn't skip a beat. This is at least in that same ballpark. CK was already doing things DIY style and he may not be inclined to just throw away all of his creative ambitions if he sees a path to getting his work out there.
Different time bro

What's the problem with rally caps?
Working just with anecdotal evidence here, but generally very bro heavy behavior accompanies the rally cap. I'm will to accept I could be wrong about this. In fact I hope I'm wrong. I myself was once a young rally capper of 13 or 14 years.

Working just with anecdotal evidence here, but generally very bro heavy behavior accompanies the rally cap. I'm will to accept I could be wrong about this. In fact I hope I'm wrong. I myself was once a young rally capper of 13 or 14 years.
Are we talking about walking around or actually in the middle of a game using a rally cap because my rally cap consists of an inside-out hat with a ball sitting on the brim

Last edited by a moderator:
Women are now speaking out against locker room talk, harassment and bro culture. Feminsm is now becoming more and more popular due to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.  How will you guys survive without making any sexist jokes?
Sounds good to me.

What’s SWC going to do?
the bro culture is not the brohan culture bromigo the bro culture is creepy and wierd and the brohan culture is about following the path of the brohan doing on to others as you would do to yourself and being good and living and let live basically it is about doing what the big kahuna from down under upstairs would say is aces so bam take that to the bank brochachos 

I was wondering when SWC would chime in on this...do you think he regularly enters "bro" in the boards search function to see where his expertise is needed? 

Since @Ilov80s is in here and is a teacher (maybe @AcerFC will drop in) -- but others, please chime in if this rings a bell:

Any of you have teenagers or are around teenage boys? If so, have you run across the increased use of casual open racism/sexism to serve as a kind of subversion signaling to others in their peer group? I've seen it 90% with boys, though there are a handful of teenage Anne Coulters kind of plying the same shtick.

What I'm talking about is that the way some teenage guys used to listen to metal and immerse themselves in "devil's music" 35 years ago, and that was clearly identified as subversive behavior (denoting "I am a bad rss", "don't care about expectations & rules", etc.). Semi-open casual racism/sexism seems to be being used in the same way today. Not in gigantic numbers, but noticeable. Could be more of a thing locally being in a red state.

Since @Ilov80s is in here and is a teacher (maybe @AcerFC will drop in) -- but others, please chime in if this rings a bell:

Any of you have teenagers or are around teenage boys? If so, have you run across the increased use of casual open racism/sexism to serve as a kind of subversion signaling to others in their peer group? I've seen it 90% with boys, though there are a handful of teenage Anne Coulters kind of plying the same shtick.

What I'm talking about is that the way some teenage guys used to listen to metal and immerse themselves in "devil's music" 35 years ago, and that was clearly identified as subversive behavior (denoting "I am a bad rss", "don't care about expectations & rules", etc.). Semi-open casual racism/sexism seems to be being used in the same way today. Not in gigantic numbers, but noticeable. Could be more of a thing locally being in a red state.
The high school I work at is very diverse in terms of race, ethnicity and religious- not so much economically. We are firmly what one might call working class. There is a small pocket of Trumpers- very popular white senior boys who are good at sports, get good grades,etc. In general, those boys are nice kids. Obnoxious and arrogant, yeah. However, they are nice people. They wear MAGA gear (not everyday or like a gang, but enough to notice) but I have never seen them express any overt sexism or racism. Of course I am a teacher so if they did, it would likely happen when I am not around.

From what I see, the kids here get a long really well. The kids don't segregate themselves by race, they treat others well and tend to stick up for others when someone isn't being cool. Since they have been in school, anti-bullying, anti-sexism, anti-racism and anti-homophobia has really been beaten into their heads and it mostly seems to work. We have kids that are openly gay. We have had transgendered kids. We have kids with autism that act very strange. 99% of the time, kids don't even bat an eye at this kind of thing. Behind closed doors, on the internet, who knows what these kids might be saying or thinking (just like adults I suppose). 

Most of the time when someone says something racist or sexist, it was a failed attempt at being funny and they tend to be contrite about it. Oddly, the group I find that gets the most negative comments directed at them are Asians and Jewish people. We have a very very low population of Asians and Jews is our area so I think kids don't know much about them so they find it funny "how different they are". Being black or gay or Muslim doesn't seem different because they see it everyday.  

I did teach a kid in US History last year that was a firm Trumper and openly fascist. He was a Holocaust denier, believed the West put out a propaganda hit on Hitler and all the reports/videos of Jesse Owens winning at Berlin were fake- the Germans swept those Olympics. 

I did teach a kid in US History last year that was a firm Trumper and openly fascist. He was a Holocaust denier, believed the West put out a propaganda hit on Hitler and all the reports/videos of Jesse Owens winning at Berlin were fake- the Germans swept those Olympics. 
:mellow: Sounds like someone deserves a parent of the year award. 

:mellow: Sounds like someone deserves a parent of the year award. 
He was a nice kid otherwise and wouldn't try to correct me or share radical views with the class. I got the info from what he would write in essays and listening to him talk to his friend in class. He is very bright and extremely well read on 20th centuary world history. He is the type of kid to read a bio on Patton in his free time. He just also has a lot of very radical right wing ideas. 

The high school I work at is very diverse in terms of race, ethnicity and religious- not so much economically.

From what I see, the kids here get a long really well. The kids don't segregate themselves by race, they treat others well and tend to stick up for others when someone isn't being cool. Since they have been in school, anti-bullying, anti-sexism, anti-racism and anti-homophobia has really been beaten into their heads and it mostly seems to work. We have kids that are openly gay. We have had transgendered kids. We have kids with autism that act very strange. 99% of the time, kids don't even bat an eye at this kind of thing. Behind closed doors, on the internet, who knows what these kids might be saying or thinking (just like adults I suppose).
The parts in blue are very much true of my daughter's cohort. That is, the general run of her cohort are noticeably more tolerant of differences than my cohort was. At her current school (test-in magnet), there is a mix of incomes from mid-six-figure families down to eligible-for-public-assistance.

What I am seeing (and what my daughter is recounting to me) is that there is a backlash against the background default inclusiveness. I guess inclusiveness = conformity. I doubt it's even one kid in ten -- but there's enough of the backlash that the behavior can be noticed at public events (e.g. crowd at football game, or along parade route).

There was also a baffling case (per my daughter) of a white male student making fun of a teacher's race during class, being heard by the teacher, and (supposedly) not being reprimanded in an any way. That wouldn't have flown even in the '80s. :shrug:

The parts in blue are very much true of my daughter's cohort. That is, the general run of her cohort are noticeably more tolerant of differences than my cohort was. At her current school (test-in magnet), there is a mix of incomes from mid-six-figure families down to eligible-for-public-assistance.

What I am seeing (and what my daughter is recounting to me) is that there is a backlash against the background default inclusiveness. I guess inclusiveness = conformity. I doubt it's even one kid in ten -- but there's enough of the backlash that the behavior can be noticed at public events (e.g. crowd at football game, or along parade route).

There was also a baffling case (per my daughter) of a white male student making fun of a teacher's race during class, being heard by the teacher, and (supposedly) not being reprimanded in an any way. That wouldn't have flown even in the '80s. :shrug:
Is the negativity coming from a partucular ethnicity/race or from students of a certain economic status? I know teachers that work in wealthy schools and they said most of the discrimination/bullying isn't about race so much as towards economically disadvantaged students. They also have seen similar behavior towards staff. Not racial things but the idea that "my dad is a lawyer and I am going to be a lawyer too. You are just a lowly teacher." 16 year olds with brand new Cadilacs making fun of teachers with an old Ford Escape, etc. 

Is the negativity coming from a partucular ethnicity/race or from students of a certain economic status? I know teachers that work in wealthy schools and they said most of the discrimination/bullying isn't about race so much as towards economically disadvantaged students. They also have seen similar behavior towards staff.
Among the kids at my daughter's school, I've only seen if from white students. I only know one of the kids personally ... more of a lower-middle-class class-clown type that's been in classes with my child since Pre-K. I am unsure about the home lives of the others.

The backlash I'm seeing has a somewhat stronger sexism/anti-LGBT thrust than it does racism. The incident with the teacher, if true as reported, would've been the worst racist incident I've heard about this school year.

Do we really want these dizzy broads deciding whats funny?

Did you ever hear women talk to each other.   What they think is funny? 

Woman 1: Oh so I went to starbucks after picking up Jeremy, and I got a latte and I saw Joyce there also getting a latte

Woman 2: oh my god that is SO funny
I can't tell if this is spot-on satire or really sad. 

I don't see any of that good bud

Users who are viewing this thread