What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Apps for iPhone/Droid (1 Viewer)

I personally feel like renewing an app for 3 bucks every year is kind of pricey, relatively speaking. But I went ahead and did it anyway, and I'm somewhat regretting it. All my icons under My MFL are smushed together and all the titles are either cut off or not shown at all. Also when I click the notepad icon next to the live draft button, not sure what the title is because its covered by whatever icon is above it, I get a force close and have to restart the app
Sounds like you're using it in landscape mode, is that correct? Which phone and OS version are you using?

Well that was fast, and this is why I ultimately decided to pony up the three bucks, I know you post here and have been both quick and helpful in the past. Anyway, I do not know what landscape mode is but Im on the HTC Hero ans Im running 2.1 update 1

Well that was fast, and this is why I ultimately decided to pony up the three bucks, I know you post here and have been both quick and helpful in the past. Anyway, I do not know what landscape mode is but Im on the HTC Hero ans Im running 2.1 update 1
I see, so the Hero has a somewhat small screen (3.2" - http://www.htc.com/us/products/hero-sprint/#tech-specs) and perhaps there are just too many icons on the homescreen now. I started with 5-6 features on each of the main homescreens and as the app grew last year, and early this year with the draft functionality for 2011, I've just added a lot of icons. I use a Droid X, which has a 4.3" screen, and it's a somewhat tight fit there as well. So it would make sense you're seeing that behavior.I'll look at adding a way to scroll the homescreen instead of attempting to fit all of those icons in a predefined space. It will likely take me a night or two to have that wired up and out on the Market, but I'll get it done and fix the issue. Thanks for reporting it.

Thanks for being so helpful, and timely
Wanted to let you know I've published version 2.8 of the app to hopefully solve the layout problem you experienced. You should be able to scroll the window if some of the icons go beyond your home screen. This also improves the landscape support of these two main screens. Please download the update and let me know how it works for you. Also, if you get a crash on a feature as you mentioned earlier, please post here and let me know where it failed and I'll take care of it. Thanks!

I bought it yesterday. It crashed (forced close) when it first tried to update names or whatever, but it worked the 2nd time. I still haven't had a chance to play around with it, but plan to soon. Thanks for posting here.

I bought it, and am very pleased with it. Did most of my rookie draft thru it. when will I be able to view/make/accept trades in the app?

I bought it, and am very pleased with it. Did most of my rookie draft thru it. when will I be able to view/make/accept trades in the app?

I bought this app and while I am generally happy with it, I have the following questions:

1. why can we not propose and make trades;

2. why are some rookies/UDFAs labeled as "null - null - null" only on your app.

Since we pay money for this app, it should at a minimum mirror what we can actually do on the MFL website.

I bought this app and while I am generally happy with it, I have the following questions:1. why can we not propose and make trades;2. why are some rookies/UDFAs labeled as "null - null - null" only on your app.Since we pay money for this app, it should at a minimum mirror what we can actually do on the MFL website.
Not the developer, so don't know all the answers. I believe the issue with #1 was on MFL's side and not his. Basically the API for MFL does not allow trades to be conducted via a 3rd party app, if I'm correct. This is something that MFL has supposedly said they would look into adding, but nobody knows the timeframe on that.

Awesome, glad to hear it!I'm planning to add viewing trades in the next few weeks. Currently, proposing and accepting trades isn't available through the API, so I'm unable to offer it through the app.

I bought this app and while I am generally happy with it, I have the following questions:1. why can we not propose and make trades;2. why are some rookies/UDFAs labeled as "null - null - null" only on your app.Since we pay money for this app, it should at a minimum mirror what we can actually do on the MFL website.
1. NateDawg explained that pretty well. I'm limited to what the MFL API provides, and while they're always helping me to add more to their API, they have a larger focus (justifiably so, of course) on their core fantasy football product.2. Be sure to refresh your player dataset every so often, as the player dataset on MFL gets updated. When you first launch the app, press the menu key, go into settings, and there's an option to reload the player dataset. This will get the latest info from MFL and store it to your device. Once you do that, see if there are still players showing up as you've described. If there are, is there any way for you to decipher who that player might be? That will help me troubleshoot who to look into specifically.

1. NateDawg explained that pretty well. I'm limited to what the MFL API provides, and while they're always helping me to add more to their API, they have a larger focus (justifiably so, of course) on their core fantasy football product.2. Be sure to refresh your player dataset every so often, as the player dataset on MFL gets updated. When you first launch the app, press the menu key, go into settings, and there's an option to reload the player dataset. This will get the latest info from MFL and store it to your device. Once you do that, see if there are still players showing up as you've described. If there are, is there any way for you to decipher who that player might be? That will help me troubleshoot who to look into specifically.
Earlier in the great I noticed this happening with several of the rookies. I looked at it a little closer and the "blanks" in the app were rookies that MFL hadnt added to their database. Once MFL added them, they were updated in the app also.

Just downloaded the app. It crashed the first time but it's working well now. Really like that the app notifies you when it's your pick. I haven't used it yet but it will come in handy.

Didn't realize we had to pay every year, bummer. Any chance we would be able to buy three years at a reduced rate/bundle?

Why do you people need an app to log onto MFL? You all have full internet capability on your phone. Go on the webpage for free, instead of using an app with limited functionality, taking up space and intermittently crashes. Who needs it.

If I have to do something more advanced within my league, or make a move for an owner as commissioner, I will log into the site from the phone browser. But an app is much easier and faster if I am checking scores and/or just want to glance at what is going on. $2.99 is more than fine, any higher I'd probably not purchase.

Just wanted to post that I've just updated my MFL 11 app for Android (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chriswstewart.fantasyfootball2011.activities). With a few hundred people now using the draft features of the app, a few bugs have surfaced and this update addresses those issues.

2.10 - Released 8/3/11

- BUG: If the draft XML file isn’t available on the MFL server, meaning the draft hasn't started yet, show a dialog in the app.

- BUG: The base server ID isn’t switching when you are using multiple leagues, therefore causing crashes.

- BUG: If a birthday for a player isn’t available, the app is crashing trying to parse it.

I'm loving the App Chris, but i have a request. I'd like a way to change the order of the players when you look at rosters. I like to see all the QBs together, all the WRs together etc, but at the moment, especially after trades happen, they end up scattered through the roster list. And when you've got deep rosters, it's frustrating. Any chance there could be a button to get them re-ordered again? Thanks.

I'm loving the App Chris, but i have a request. I'd like a way to change the order of the players when you look at rosters. I like to see all the QBs together, all the WRs together etc, but at the moment, especially after trades happen, they end up scattered through the roster list. And when you've got deep rosters, it's frustrating. Any chance there could be a button to get them re-ordered again? Thanks.
I'll put it on my to-do list, thanks for the support and suggestion.

Chris, any chance you can have it check the draft type to see if it is Rookie only, and if so restrict the list of players to just rookies?

Or barring that, display the ® next to their name to help pick the rookies out?

Also, if possible could you give an option for salaries and contract years to display on the roster page? Thanks, liking the app so far.

Has anyone noticed that the MFL app has Terrell Suggs as a DE and Malcolm Jenkins as a S, although that is not what they are listed as on the site. I'm sure there are more, but those were the only two on my team.

Has anyone noticed that the MFL app has Terrell Suggs as a DE and Malcolm Jenkins as a S, although that is not what they are listed as on the site. I'm sure there are more, but those were the only two on my team.
I think you need to use the option to reload the player pool.

:confused: Still listed Suggs as a DE on my MFL site.

Any idea on when trading will be available?
I do know that MFL has just added the ability to see pending trade offers to their API (as of today in fact), which will make its way into my app in the next few days/week. Just the other day I mentioned to them that trades were a big request from 2010, and they reacted by implementing this aspect of the process. I can't speak for them as to when, or if, the other parts (accepting, denying, offering, etc) will be available but if they do become available through the API, they'll find their way into my app.
I just bought the '11 app as the '10 app was great for my needs. Is there any status on anything trade related being put into the app?

Users who are viewing this thread