What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Down? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, my league is very similar and I figured out how (I think so, at least.  Won't know for sure until it happens correctly.)

Here is what I got, and you can let me know if something feels wrong here. 

Under Commish Setup, click on General Add/Drop Setup.  

Then make sure you check mark 'Blind Bid Requests for Locked Players, First Come/First Serve for the Rest'

This will allow you to have both Blind Bidding and First Come First Serve.  

So, since blind bidding is for locked players, scroll down to where it says 'Lock all Free Agents each week on:" and enter Sunday at 1 pm, if that is when you want blind bidding waivers to begin.  

Under the calendar, you can add 'Process Blind Bid Waivers' and set that for Wednesdays at 11 pm each week, and those should process.  

Then, you can go to the calendar again and add 'No Add/Drops Allowed' and set that from Wednesdays at 11 pm until Thursday night at whatever time you want to open first come/first serve.  Just be sure to then add to the calendar that on Thursday nights, 'Unlock All Currently Locked Players.'  Then have that end on Sundays at 1, where the cycle should be complete.  

I would assume that the system will immediately kick over to FCFS, since that is what you check-marked under general settings. Now, it doesn't make sense to not allow drops during that time (IMO), so perhaps you could just get on as commish and turn off waiver abilities or even leave them and monitor that nobody makes any adds until whatever time is specified on Thursday.  Should go pretty smoothly as long as you don't have any chumps in your league that try to sneak something.  If that happens just don't allow and adds/drops for that 24 hour(ish) period.  

Hope I didn't confuse you.  This is what makes sense to me, but perhaps there are easier ways.  
Thank god they fixed waivers and made them so easy to use.

In my league, they seem to have "fixed waivers" by making them optional.  This time of year, all add/drops are supposed to go through waivers, but in the upgraded 2017 league, this is bypassed and direct adds are possible despite being forbidden under the waiver rules.

Also, is it just me, or does every site that "upgrades" to a new "mobile-friendly" format automatically become harder to use, slower to navigate, and lose multiple useful features in the process?

Thank you for this. One more question, not sure I understand the setting " What Days Do You Want Automated Waiver Process To Run? "  are they talking about what days we have FCFS or when we want the BBID waiver to run? 
I honestly don't know what that means, either.  I left them blank.  I'll leave them blank until it doesn't work, then play with that if something is off.

In my league, they seem to have "fixed waivers" by making them optional.  This time of year, all add/drops are supposed to go through waivers, but in the upgraded 2017 league, this is bypassed and direct adds are possible despite being forbidden under the waiver rules.
Nothing is working right yet, even though they opened the 2017 leagues. Players can't be locked, none of the waivers are working and trading isn't working right yet either. I got this straight from the MFL site, it's also on their twitter. It's a real cluster.

Every year I pray they'll fix the disaster of a menu system and nothing positive happens, just more problems.

Arodin said:
Also, is it just me, or does every site that "upgrades" to a new "mobile-friendly" format automatically become harder to use, slower to navigate, and lose multiple useful features in the process?
It's not just you. Mobile-friendly versions are always worse. Every single one of them. Drives me crazy.

My league ran smooth as silk and now I have no ####### idea what to do.  This WW stuff makes no sense.

We've had waivers pass through and no known problems. Are you guys afraid of change, have bad settings, user error or genuinely having problems?

We've had waivers pass through and no known problems. Are you guys afraid of change, have bad settings, user error or genuinely having problems?
You've had waivers open and then processed in the half day it's been back open? Sure.

Ive commished for 5 years. All my settings were deleted and when I added them again nothing works.

The Calendar events didn't roll over at first, and they didn't have Waivers in the drop down when trying to set up a new run.  Those have been fixed.

They FUBAR up how you submit them now.  You have to do each player individually, and click a check box to make it a Waiver (default is Add/Drop).  If you do BB waivers you enter the bid after you click the check box.   But don't click on a new player, because that will collapse down the Waiver box and you'll start over.   Oh, and don't forget to change the round because they default to Round 1.  And there's no "load all from previous round" so if you are re-doing each round from scratch.

You've had waivers open and then processed in the half day it's been back open? Sure.

Ive commished for 5 years. All my settings were deleted and when I added them again nothing works.
I have tested them, waivers work fully now.  It's a huge change to how you set it up on Commish menu and also for users.

The Calendar events didn't roll over at first, and they didn't have Waivers in the drop down when trying to set up a new run.  Those have been fixed.

They FUBAR up how you submit them now.  You have to do each player individually, and click a check box to make it a Waiver (default is Add/Drop).  If you do BB waivers you enter the bid after you click the check box.   But don't click on a new player, because that will collapse down the Waiver box and you'll start over.   Oh, and don't forget to change the round because they default to Round 1.  And there's no "load all from previous round" so if you are re-doing each round from scratch.

I have tested them, waivers work fully now.  It's a huge change to how you set it up on Commish menu and also for users.
I deleted all waivers except blind bids in September and owners can still just add any player off waivers. This is just a joke. I'm pretty much done with mfl. Unless you play idp just avoid them.

I deleted all waivers except blind bids in September and owners can still just add any player off waivers. This is just a joke. I'm pretty much done with mfl. Unless you play idp just avoid them.
Go to your calendar and create a new event called No Add/Drops allowed with a start date of Jan 1 2017.  That will block all Add/Drops and force them to check Waivers box.

Go to your calendar and create a new event called No Add/Drops allowed with a start date of Jan 1 2017.  That will block all Add/Drops and force them to check Waivers box.
Okay well thanks for the help. This seemed much easier before. I'm assuming that this won't interfer with fcfs during the season but I have no faith left in them. They need to hire someone to help because they can't do anything right.

ps- I thought I tried this early and then people can't drop players. I mean you have to be able to drop players sometimes. They really are the masters of making the simple incredibly difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.  When I do that, owners can't even submit waiver pickups.  When I don't do that, owners can make first come, first served add/drops even when it's a waiver period.

There must be a ton of support issues going in right now, because I've had a ticket in to them for over 7 hours without even the automated "we got your message" acknowledgement,  Usually a human being has replied to me within one hour...

Okay well thanks for the help. This seemed much easier before. I'm assuming that this won't interfer with fcfs during the season but I have no faith left in them. They need to hire someone to help because they can't do anything right.
Well it looks like it will.  I haven't played with it, we don't use FCFS, but I'm guessing you'll do something like:

Create new event = No Add/Drops Allowed
Begins Sunday at 1:00
Ends Wednesday at 8:00 PM
Event Happens choose a date or an NFL week or repeat 13 times

Create new event = Process Blind Bid Waivers
Begins Wednesday at 8:00 PM

Nope.  When I do that, owners can't even submit waiver pickups.  When I don't do that, owners can make first come, first served add/drops even when it's a waiver period.

There must be a ton of support issues going in right now, because I've had a ticket in to them for over 7 hours without even the automated "we got your message" acknowledgement,  Usually a human being has replied to me within one hour...
You need both.

Hmm, I thought we could embed pictures.

No Add/Drops Allowed

Sun Jan 1 12:00:00 a.m. ET 2017

Edit

Delete

Process Blind Bid Waivers

Wed Mar 1 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017

Edit

Delete

Wed May 3 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017

Edit

Delete

Wed Aug 2 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 17 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Well it looks like it will.  I haven't played with it, we don't use FCFS, but I'm guessing you'll do something like:

Create new event = No Add/Drops Allowed
Begins Sunday at 1:00
Ends Wednesday at 8:00 PM

Create new event = Process Blind Bid Waivers
Begins Wednesday at 8:00 PM
It blocked teams from making drops, we are in a keeper and now owners can't drop players. I'm sure it'll be fixed because this isn't working. Also there's times when you want to drop players without picking up a player which looks to be impossible now.

You need both.

Hmm, I thought we could embed pictures.
Both?  I have waivers set to process, and "no add/drops" set and owners are getting a "league calendar doesnt allow adds" when they try to make waiver claims.

What are the "both" I need?

Both?  I have waivers set to process, and "no add/drops" set and owners are getting a "league calendar doesnt allow adds" when they try to make waiver claims.

What are the "both" I need?
See my screenshot, and also my explanation above.  When selecting a player, they have to click the check box that indicates "make this a waiver request" otherwise it will be treated as an Add/Drop and be disallowed by the first rule.

Ok now I'm having issues remembering my settings, gimmie one minute to get back to where I was.

It blocked teams from making drops, we are in a keeper and now owners can't drop players. I'm sure it'll be fixed because this isn't working. Also there's times when you want to drop players without picking up a player which looks to be impossible now.
You can definitely drop a guy without an add, I just did it.  It is done in the Add/Drop menu though so if those are blocked you can't use it.  There are two workarounds though - use either Taxi Squad or Injured Reserve.  Both have a Drop Player column so just go into IR, don't check anyone to actually IR, and drop from there.  That's also the best way to drop multiiples, because from the Add/Drop menu it's one at a time.

You can definitely drop a guy without an add, I just did it.  It is done in the Add/Drop menu though so if those are blocked you can't use it.  There are two workarounds though - use either Taxi Squad or Injured Reserve.  Both have a Drop Player column so just go into IR, don't check anyone to actually IR, and drop from there.  That's also the best way to drop multiiples, because from the Add/Drop menu it's one at a time.
Well guess there's a way around everything but this is so convoluted. I hear there's a couple new hosting sites coming out so I'll wait to pay this year until June and see what happens.

Well guess there's a way around everything but this is so convoluted. I hear there's a couple new hosting sites coming out so I'll wait to pay this year until June and see what happens.
The Add/Drop UI is a mess either way.  Utter failure.  I'm sure they will get the logic figured out pretty quick on how to allow Waivers but not Add/Drops, that's easy to fix, but something structural like that UI isn't going anywhere.  Pure garbage.

Also not happy with the waiver setup. I don't know if I can have it run as it always did. We run blind bids through Wed. night, then open FCFS the next morning up to Sunday kickoff. Any dropped players lock for 1 day. I got the blind bids set to process. It looks like you also have to set all free agents to lock at Sunday kickoff or else they can be picked up as FCFS during blind bidding since there isn't a calendar event to open FCFS. From what I see, you have to set the time for blind bids to automatically process, then choose the time for free agents to automatically unlock to start FCFS. My question is will the players dropped when blind bids process stay locked for 24 hours or unlock after 12 hours when my FCFS would normally begin because it says all locked players unlock at once for the start of FCFS? I honestly don't know if one setting will override the other.

See my screenshot, and also my explanation above.  When selecting a player, they have to click the check box that indicates "make this a waiver request" otherwise it will be treated as an Add/Drop and be disallowed by the first rule.

Ok now I'm having issues remembering my settings, gimmie one minute to get back to where I was.
Also not happy with the waiver setup. I don't know if I can have it run as it always did. We run blind bids through Wed. night, then open FCFS the next morning up to Sunday kickoff. Any dropped players lock for 1 day. I got the blind bids set to process. It looks like you also have to set all free agents to lock at Sunday kickoff or else they can be picked up as FCFS during blind bidding since there isn't a calendar event to open FCFS. From what I see, you have to set the time for blind bids to automatically process, then choose the time for free agents to automatically unlock to start FCFS. My question is will the players dropped when blind bids process stay locked for 24 hours or unlock after 12 hours when my FCFS would normally begin because it says all locked players unlock at once for the start of FCFS? I honestly don't know if one setting will override the other.
I think that's the part I am missing.  Since I have been playing around with this no players are actually currently locked, and I'm guessing other leagues are the same.  I have them set to lock at 1:00 today and when I get back from golf I will see if they are how I want them.

I looked at the league calendar setups and there is an event called HUH? What's that?  What did I have before?  It also appears on my previous setup.  Also, I had an event called process waivers, but when you click to edit it, it no longer exists as an option to select from, so I'll have to figure out how to set up waivers.    Same for blind bid waivers in another league.  These events are in the calendar from last season, but no longer exists as an option in the calendar events after their "so called" upgrade when you click to edit them.  This is very discouraging. 

I went to the MFL help center and read this:

Why are my waiver events missing from my League Calendar when I upgraded?

Answer: MFL has recently updated our add/drop system for all leagues. Due to this, unlike in past years, we were not able to convert all of your league waiver settings to the new year. We have made a major change in how player add/drops work, giving you much better control of this critical process and also simplifying it for most leagues. But this means that your 2016 waivers settings could not be transferred over. So as a first step, you should access the new Add/Drop Setup Page and configure your add/drop and waiver rules. 

Note that at this time this function works for the regular season add/drops setup, but if you are wishing to use these in the preseason, or your preseason/seasonal waivers do not run exactly the same as they do in the season, then you will need to set the preseason up now and wait to set up your seasonal events. 

Additionally, since we just released these new options we are still refining these features to best fit our customers needs. Please allow us to get this all set and if you are not needing to open up add/drops immediately you may wish to wait a week or two to help ease your setup of these features. 

decipher:  Sounds like we may not be able to set up our waivers exactly as they were before.

Reminds me of the FBG "upgrade". 

I'm lucky in that the leagues I'm in/run don't have any type of free agency this time of year...just drafts and trades for now.

So everything we need is running fine and we can just get used to the new mobile interface which isn't that bad. The real problem is that there are still a million individual links to do every little thing like it's 2005. 

Reminds me of the FBG "upgrade". 

I'm lucky in that the leagues I'm in/run don't have any type of free agency this time of year...just drafts and trades for now.

So everything we need is running fine and we can just get used to the new mobile interface which isn't that bad. The real problem is that there are still a million individual links to do every little thing like it's 2005. 
We're ok for now because we're in FCFS mode, but if we were still in waiver mode, then FCFS,  I believe we would be screwed.  I'll have to take the time to see if I can sort all of this out and figure out what setups I need and how to implement them.  In the meantime I'll wait a couple of weeks before converting my leagues to 2017 in order to give MFL time to work out some bugs and for me to learn how to dance with the new upgrade.

Okay, I'm trying to take some time to figure this out but the system appears to me to be broken.  I'd love someone to correct me.  In the past we did this, "Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest", with waivers running on Thursday at noon CT, then FCFS until the player's game kicked off.  Anyone dropped was locked until waivers ran the next week.  So ignoring the fact that their help files tell you to go to certain pages for a setting that is not there (actually on a different page), on the "Basic Add/Drop Setup"  it has the following options.

Lock All Free Agents Each Week On:

and

Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week?

I have the "Prevent Owners..." set to "Yes", but I don't see a way to turn off the "Lock All Free Agents..." option.  The help files would state these are either/or options.

Also, the "Dropped Players Are Locked Until:" - I assume I would set that to Thursday at noon CT since that's when waivers run and FCFS begins?

TIA.  

I would guess that they are still working things out.  I cant remember exactly what I read, but it sounds like that is the case.  We were supposed to have roster cutdowns (dynasty) by the 28th of Feb, but current waivers do not allow drops, without allowing teams to do adds.  MFL knows this cant work so I imagine there is still lots to work out.

Just wait till they get things square on their end. Can't imagine wanting to waste my time finding a workaround for this in February, when it's clear they're still working on things behind the scenes. It's terrible and it's annoying, but just wait.

Looks pretty simple to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

First you have to have the waivers turned on for the league in the abilities page.

Then start at the beginning of add/drop.

Define when your week starts.  For us and I'm guessing many other leagues that is kickoff of the first flight of Sunday games (Sundays at 1:00 pm EST).  Define if dropped players are locked for a period (for us it is 7 days).  Select the button that defines what FA system you are using (for us it is BB followed by FCFS).  Click the button whether you can add players in games that have already been played or not.  Select whether BB is conditional.

Then if you have any other system other than FCFS you have to lock the players for whenever waivers cannot be run or when your league defines the waiver periods.  

After that you define the dates of the events just like you used to using the mfl format. nothing changed there. Same for how many weeks it run consecutively.  We have a couple offseason BB sessions only, so I would make sure I do not unlock players after those sessions.

Then you define when players unlock.  That used to be defining when your FCFS period started.  For us it is Thursday morning at 8:00 am EST.  When the players are unlocked they can be acquired by FCFS and stay that way until their game starts or the following week starts if your rules are similar to ours and you clicked the appropriate button above.  At the start of the following week the players lock again as stated above.

Done.  Players locked at 1:00 pm Sunday.  BB bidding only starts Sunday until Wed night when BB is processed.  Players unlock on Thursday at 8:00 am for FCFS.  Players open for FCFS until their game starts or Sunday at 1:00 pm.  Players locked all offseason until Thursday morning of week 1, and the 2 offseason BB sessions defined just like before.

It's actually simpler because of the definition of locked/unlocked players, but otherwise its almost exactly the same as before.

Now I know most of you are at least as smart (or dumb) as me.  Trust me, you can handle it.  Put away your Harakiri sword.

First you have to have the waivers turned on for the league in the abilities page.

Define when your week starts.  For us and I'm guessing many other leagues that is kickoff of the first flight of Sunday games (Sundays at 1:00 pm EST).  Define if dropped players are locked for a period (for us it is 7 days).  Select the button that defines what FA system you are using (for us it is BB followed by FCFS).  Click the button whether you can add players in games that have already been played or not.  Select whether BB is conditional.

Then if you have any other system other than FCFS you have to lock the players for whenever waivers cannot be run or when your league defines the waiver periods.  

After that you define the dates of the events just like you used to using the mfl format. nothing changed there. Same for how many weeks it run consecutively.  We have a couple offseason BB sessions only, so I would make sure I do not unlock players after those sessions.

Then you define when players unlock.  That used to be defining when your FCFS period started.  For us it is Thursday morning at 8:00 am EST.  When the players are unlocked they can be acquired by FCFS and stay that way until their game starts or the following week starts if your rules are similar to ours and you clicked the appropriate button above.  At the start of the following week the players lock again as stated above.

Done.  Players locked at 1:00 pm Sunday.  BB bidding only starts Sunday until Wed night when BB is processed.  Players unlock on Thursday at 8:00 am for FCFS.  Players open for FCFS until their game starts or Sunday at 1:00 pm.  Players locked all offseason until Thursday morning of week 1, and the 2 offseason BB sessions defined just like before.

It's actually simpler because of the definition of locked/unlocked players, but otherwise its almost exactly the same as before.

Now I know most of you are at least as smart (or dumb) as me.  Trust me, you can handle it.  Put away your Harakiri sword.

That doesn't sound bad at all, assuming it works the way it is supposed to.

I noticed that if I use the Ocean Blue skin the new font doesn't look as bad.   The All-American and Red and Black are my other choices, but I don't like them as much as the Ocean Blue.  It just makes the site more readable. 

Edited:  The Brass skin looks decent as well with these new fonts.

Just noticed that you do not need to end the FCFS events at the start of the following week. In fact, you cannot do that at the calendar event page.  It confused me for a minute until I went back to the initial Add/Drop page, where there is a button to lock players at the start of the league week (Sunday early kickoff). It took care of itself there by locking players then and therefore the FCFS event didn't need to be ended.

A trade went thru in our league, which put the owner over the roster limit, he tried to drop a player by selecting the add/drop feature.  After selecting the player he wanted to drop and then selecting the "perform add/drop" feature, nothing happens.  I tried to drop a player myself and couldn't also.  Has anyone tried just to drop a player yet?  Our commish has followed the suggestions here on how to setup according to the suggestions from here and all abilities are selected for the owners.

A trade went thru in our league, which put the owner over the roster limit, he tried to drop a player by selecting the add/drop feature.  After selecting the player he wanted to drop and then selecting the "perform add/drop" feature, nothing happens.  I tried to drop a player myself and couldn't also.  Has anyone tried just to drop a player yet?  Our commish has followed the suggestions here on how to setup according to the suggestions from here and all abilities are selected for the owners.
Worked fine for me.

The new MFL interface on the iPhone is terrible. I like getting the full browser. If I wanted a mobile set up I'd use the MFL...which I also use.

Anyone else think that? 

I did not like at first but have gotten used to it.  Actually having it full screen has even become a plus to me.  I have also adjusted my home page setup which also helped.  I would suggest adding features (such as my links to link reports such as rosters, player stats, etc.)

The font is too small for me to read easily. Anyone know how to increase the size of it?
5 seconds in their help center searching on "font"

My page fonts are too big (or too small, or hard to read) - how do I fix that?
Answer:

You can change the font size and style on the For Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Fonts Setup page.

Default Font - Using the samples as a guide, select the style of the font from the pull-down list.

Font Size - Using the samples as a guide, select the size of the font from the pull-down list.

NOTE: Not all web browsers are capable of properly displaying all fonts.

When finished, you MUST click on the Save Font Settings button in order to apply your changes.

Once you save the changed settings, you might need to clear your cache to see the updated results. The easiest way to clear your cache is by pressing and holding the "Shift" key down on your keyboard when pressing the "reload" (or "refresh") button on your web browser.

NOTE: Custom fonts may not override colors defined as part of a league skin (on the Select A Skin screen). If you'd like to customize fonts, you should select "None" for a skin on the "Select A Skin" page.  Technically savvy customers, however, can use CSS to override skin fonts as explained in our Advanced Customization Guide .

5 seconds in their help center searching on "font"

My page fonts are too big (or too small, or hard to read) - how do I fix that?
Answer:

You can change the font size and style on the For Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Fonts Setup page.

Default Font - Using the samples as a guide, select the style of the font from the pull-down list.

Font Size - Using the samples as a guide, select the size of the font from the pull-down list.

NOTE: Not all web browsers are capable of properly displaying all fonts.

When finished, you MUST click on the Save Font Settings button in order to apply your changes.

Once you save the changed settings, you might need to clear your cache to see the updated results. The easiest way to clear your cache is by pressing and holding the "Shift" key down on your keyboard when pressing the "reload" (or "refresh") button on your web browser.

NOTE: Custom fonts may not override colors defined as part of a league skin (on the Select A Skin screen). If you'd like to customize fonts, you should select "None" for a skin on the "Select A Skin" page.  Technically savvy customers, however, can use CSS to override skin fonts as explained in our Advanced Customization Guide .
There is no fonts set up page.

Here is what there is under Apparance Setup:

The Scorpion said:
The new MFL interface on the iPhone is terrible. I like getting the full browser. If I wanted a mobile set up I'd use the MFL...which I also use.

Anyone else think that? 
Agreed!

Portis 26 said:
You'll want to open a ticket with them then to see where it's been moved.

A browser option would be hold down CTRL and use mouse scroll to zoom in and out.  This may mean you have to reset the view on other pages/tabs.

Portis 26 said:
No surprise.  I am getting the distinct impression from my own attempts to use it that the Help Center is still describing the layout of the previous 20 years and has no content for the new redesigned layout...

Users who are viewing this thread