What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Down? (1 Viewer)

I'm sure all of the FAQs and answers are from 2016 or before, none are for the new rollout.  I sent a ticket in with a problem, their answer was that if I looked at the FAQs I would have been able to fix the problem.  Anyway I did look at the FAQs and still sent in the ticket, they just copied and pasted the exact answer that was in the FAQs.  Still didn't fix my problem, so I just sent in another ticket.

I'm sure all of the FAQs and answers are from 2016 or before, none are for the new rollout.  I sent a ticket in with a problem, their answer was that if I looked at the FAQs I would have been able to fix the problem.  Anyway I did look at the FAQs and still sent in the ticket, they just copied and pasted the exact answer that was in the FAQs.  Still didn't fix my problem, so I just sent in another ticket.
This rollout is terrible...

It looks like they fixed where you can drop players now from the add drop link. However, they created a new problem...players are showing up for waivers requests. Not sure when they would process, I assume for me it's blind bidding. I fixed that by taking away ability to do add/drops, you can still drop players but no one shows up in the add windows.

Another problem arose though, when someone dropped someone, it only locks that player for a max of 7 days, depending on your setting. So even with no add/drops set in calendar, it will let someone add that player through FCFS, since they are tied into locked and unlocked players. Which is why I turned off add/drop abilities. At least I think that's how it would work. My league locks players for 1 day after being dropped, and he shows in the locked players until list by himself.

So does anyone have any suggestions for enlarging the font? It is designed for eagle-eyed adolescents, not weak-eyed middle-aged gentlemen.

Went to correct a time in when my FCFS starts in one of my leagues, and found I can't. The event is missing (unlock all players at this time event). Makes you re-select an event and only no trades allowed and no taxi squad moves allowed are available. In another league it's only no injured reserve moves instead of taxi squad. You can edit draft and auction times still.

So does anyone have any suggestions for enlarging the font? It is designed for eagle-eyed adolescents, not weak-eyed middle-aged gentlemen.
Have you tried CTRL + mouse scroll or CTRL + the plus and minus keys (+ and -) yet?  You don't need to use shift with + button to zoom so technically it's CTRL =

Went to correct a time in when my FCFS starts in one of my leagues, and found I can't. The event is missing (unlock all players at this time event). Makes you re-select an event and only no trades allowed and no taxi squad moves allowed are available. In another league it's only no injured reserve moves instead of taxi squad. You can edit draft and auction times still.
Never mind, I had add/drop off in abilities and that has to be on to edit the add/drop times. I was able to fix it when I did that.

Probably depends on the lg. Is it a MFL lg or a private lg. My lgs not run by MFL we been trading 18 picks since the update. 

A question or those who actually understand the new MFL setup, please.

My league has waiver requests from kickoff until Wednesday, when they are processed.

It is then FCFS until kickoff.

How should I set up the basic add drop setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Send a support ticket to MFL explaining exactly how you want your waivers to run, They will show you exactly how to set it up. At least that's what they did for me.

Looks pretty simple to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

First you have to have the waivers turned on for the league in the abilities page.

Then start at the beginning of add/drop.

Define when your week starts.  For us and I'm guessing many other leagues that is kickoff of the first flight of Sunday games (Sundays at 1:00 pm EST).  Define if dropped players are locked for a period (for us it is 7 days).  Select the button that defines what FA system you are using (for us it is BB followed by FCFS).  Click the button whether you can add players in games that have already been played or not.  Select whether BB is conditional.

Then if you have any other system other than FCFS you have to lock the players for whenever waivers cannot be run or when your league defines the waiver periods.  

After that you define the dates of the events just like you used to using the mfl format. nothing changed there. Same for how many weeks it run consecutively.  We have a couple offseason BB sessions only, so I would make sure I do not unlock players after those sessions.

Then you define when players unlock.  That used to be defining when your FCFS period started.  For us it is Thursday morning at 8:00 am EST.  When the players are unlocked they can be acquired by FCFS and stay that way until their game starts or the following week starts if your rules are similar to ours and you clicked the appropriate button above.  At the start of the following week the players lock again as stated above.

Done.  Players locked at 1:00 pm Sunday.  BB bidding only starts Sunday until Wed night when BB is processed.  Players unlock on Thursday at 8:00 am for FCFS.  Players open for FCFS until their game starts or Sunday at 1:00 pm.  Players locked all offseason until Thursday morning of week 1, and the 2 offseason BB sessions defined just like before.

It's actually simpler because of the definition of locked/unlocked players, but otherwise its almost exactly the same as before.

Now I know most of you are at least as smart (or dumb) as me.  Trust me, you can handle it.  Put away your Harakiri sword.

@Bronco Billy  or anyone else that understands this ....

I think I have this figured out for my league...ours goes like this:

Week 1:

Players with games that day lock.  All other Free agents can be picked up until Sunday, Sept 10th at 1 PM.

No Adds/Drops Allowed begins Sunday Sept. 10 at 1 PM.

Week 2:

No Adds/Drops Allowed ends Monday, Sept. 11 at 11:45 PM.

Process Blind Bid Waivers begins Monday, Sept. 11 at 11:45 PM (Blind Bid Waivers Begins) - Happens 14 more weeks

No Adds/Drops Allowed begins Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 9 PM (Blind Bid Waivers Ends) - Happens 14 more weeks

No Adds/Drops Allowed ends Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 11 PM (FCFS Waivers Begins) - Happens 14 more weeks

No Adds/Drops Allowed begins Sunday, Sept. 17 at 1 PM (FCFS Waivers Ends) - Happens 14 more weeks

So if your Free Agents do not ever lock (as I indicate in the General Add/Drop setup menu)...

Players are not locked when dropped. They can be immediately picked up (subject to league's waiver rules)

...you do not need to ever setup a calendar event to Unlock/Lock Free Agents (in order to initiate your league's FCFS Waiver period), correct?

I just set mine over the weekend and I confirmed with MFL that I was doing it correct.  I set my settings for blind bidding then FCFS waivers after.  Also I set for Dropped players lock until Tuesday Noon.

For my league this is how it works I have blind bidding on Wed 8 PM and Fri 8 PM.  I lock up the players at 8 PM Wed because I don't want the FCFS to happen until Friday.

Hope that helps you.

Lock All Free Agents

Sun Sep 10 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Process Blind Bid Waivers

Wed Sep 13 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Lock All Free Agents

Edit

Delete

Fri Sep 15 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

It's down again. For some of my leagues at least. And can't access any of them on the MFL 2017 app

They are having some kind of clustering/loadbalancing issue.  Happened yesterday too.  3/4 of my leagues are fine, one was down for half an hour or so last night, a different one is down right now.

I just set mine over the weekend and I confirmed with MFL that I was doing it correct.  I set my settings for blind bidding then FCFS waivers after.  Also I set for Dropped players lock until Tuesday Noon.

For my league this is how it works I have blind bidding on Wed 8 PM and Fri 8 PM.  I lock up the players at 8 PM Wed because I don't want the FCFS to happen until Friday.

Hope that helps you.

Lock All Free Agents

Sun Sep 10 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Edit

Delete

Lock All Free Agents

Edit

Delete

Fri Sep 15 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)
I have mine set up this way - but how do you allow owners to put in blind bid waiver claims initially? There is no calendar event and I can't see another way. Does anyone know?

I have mine set up this way - but how do you allow owners to put in blind bid waiver claims initially? There is no calendar event and I can't see another way. Does anyone know?
This is how I have mine set up so this should open the waiver wire for people to put in for players on Sunday at 1 PM Sept 10th and then it will run waivers on Wed Sept 13th. 

No Add/Drops Allowed Sun Jan 1 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 until Sun Sep 10 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017

Lock All Free Agents Sun Sep 10 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)Edit 

Process Blind Bid Waivers Wed Sep 13 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)EditDelete

Lock All Free Agents Wed Sep 13 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)EditDelete

Process Blind Bid Waivers Fri Sep 15 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Where is this part?
First thing you do is go to setup page then go to ADD/DROP waivers setup and select General add/drop setup.  Once you select this you will be asked how you want your waivers to run at the top of the page once you select that then you enter the other info.

ADD/DROP AND WAIVERS SETUP

General Add/Drop Setup

Transaction Calendar Setup

Waivers/Free Agents Setup

Blind Bid Waiver Setup

Custom Waiver Order

Bronco Billy said:
>For Commissioners

>>Setup

>>>Commissioners/Franchise Setup

>>>>Franchise Abilities

Thanks  - I see the issue I was having.

What happened is they also changed how owners enter waivers. It's labled as an "add/drop" and then you must check a box that states "process as a waiver" (or something like that).
Yep

But it is way way easier on the owners entering conditional blind bids than the old system.  Very user friendly and far superior once you get it set up as a commish.

What happened is they also changed how owners enter waivers. It's labled as an "add/drop" and then you must check a box that states "process as a waiver" (or something like that).
That means the player isn't locked.  Make sure you run a "lock all players" process ASAP.  Unless you are looking at this in commish mode, in which case your permissions allow you to bypass waivers.  Check it in owner mode to make sure.

Down again?

I was on earlier today but haven't been able to get to MFL for the past two hours.

Anyone know if they scheduled maintenance for today? I didn't see a memo.

Users who are viewing this thread