What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MIKE X. WILLIAMS (2 Viewers)

Thoughts about him going forward? Does Seattle have too many options and too poor an air attack to make him a valuable asset going forward? Give him a week or two more to see what he does? Is he a hold in dynasty?
Wasn't he hurt last week?Still no reason for TOO much optimism, but I'd base expectations moving forward more on week one's mediocre performance than on last week's non-performance.

Thoughts about him going forward? Does Seattle have too many options and too poor an air attack to make him a valuable asset going forward? Give him a week or two more to see what he does? Is he a hold in dynasty?
Wasn't he hurt last week?Still no reason for TOO much optimism, but I'd base expectations moving forward more on week one's mediocre performance than on last week's non-performance.
i think champ bailey was covering him last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bailey covering Simms-Walker week 1- 0 receptionsNo Bailey covering Simms Walker week 2- 10 receptions!

Dont know about you but I am not throwing in the towel on BMW just yet.......

Bailey covering Simms-Walker week 1- 0 receptionsNo Bailey covering Simms Walker week 2- 10 receptions!

Champ did not cover MSW in Week 1. That's been documented here already. That said, if Big Mike is going to break out, it's this week at home against a Charger D that will give up plays in the air.

Champ did not cover MSW in Week 1. That's been documented here already. That said, if Big Mike is going to break out, it's this week at home against a Charger D that will give up plays in the air.
Yes he did. Champ with safety help over the top.

Was thinking of this tidbit I saw in last week's aftermath...

The Seattle Times' Danny O'Neil suggests that Mike Williams' thigh bruise contributed to his one-catch, seven-yard Week 2 effort.O'Neil called Williams an "explosive, dynamic" threat in the opener -- which is giving him way too much credit -- but it's possible that the leg injury did sap his speed. Williams does not run well in the first place, so any loss in that department would be costly. He's just barely on the fantasy radar.

Week 1 decent showing, just missed a TD. Week 2 injured thigh. My "call your shot" was BMW for 1000 yards this year (before TJ left). He needs a good showing in Week 3.

I think he gets in the end zone this week at home and has a bit of a breakout game. Let's say 95 yards and a touch, maybe two. Seattle wins by 3.

ETA: I have him in only one league, though he is on the ww in a few. I am not starting him.

So what are people doing with BMW? His targets aren't horrible but they're not exactly encouraging either.
I think I'm dropping him for Lance Moore this week. Considering he has a bye coming up, I don't think I can hold on to him much longer.He's already got two seperate injuries in 3 games on an already not great team. So I'm cutting bait.

Dropping him for a bye week replacement for Witten. Williams was a late round flyer. If you hit one ever couple years it's a bonus.

Listening to Hasselbeck in recent interviews, I'd be more willing to have Branch. They claim they're committing to moving him into Engram's old role and he should be getting a ton of targets.

So what are people doing with BMW? His targets aren't horrible but they're not exactly encouraging either.
I think I'm dropping him for Lance Moore this week. Considering he has a bye coming up, I don't think I can hold on to him much longer.He's already got two seperate injuries in 3 games on an already not great team. So I'm cutting bait.
I did the same. He was worth a flier but hasn't done anything thus far.

WOW!I'm shocked that knowledgable NFL and Fantasy fans are all over this dude after one PRESEASON,Many factors for why the hype should be overlooked.1. He's just not good...His stats (Rec, Yards, Tds)2007 - 7 90 0 2006 - 8 99 1 2005 - 29 350 12. 3 diff teams in 3 years, none of the teams WR core were stellar by any means, so why didnt he hack it there? Det, Oak, Ten 3. Pete Carroll is his former College HC, he is not building up this guy to reporters just because.4. If anyone quotes preseason stats, u make my case.....cuz rememer preseason means absolutly nothing. 5. I can't believe we have given this guy a nickname, and his own street name in SoCal....I'm baffled!I'm staying away, and will await the thread of people who were dissapointed with his production, then I will revert back to this thread.
You either don't play in a shark league or you getting eaten up by the sharks every year with your reasoning on evaluating a player's upcoming season.
LMFAO, so how is Mike X doing for you all?Sorry, but I have a personal feeling for this thread for the bashing I took in simply stating facts.He is a garbage player, and I have no sympathy for how teams are doing who have him rostered, you should of known better... and anyone on this thread who thought highly of him, u should be ashamed, if you watched football you should of known.Just had to point it out, guess I am doing the eaten and not bening eaten.(ETA: For the sensitive - Talkin smack is in all fun, no harsh feelings intended)

Didn't Leon Washington run 2 kickoffs for TDs. That means no offense on the field for a decent while. without taking a look at time of possession, I would hold on to him unless you have a need for something else with the roster position. Every year someone breaks out mid season.

still a hold in dynasty leagues or trade him off if somebody wants him?
I'm still holding him for now, though I really don't need him in my lineup given the quality ahead of him. He's an intriguing flier, and he clearly has new life though the injuries concern me - has he been out of football too long to be durable enough for FF value?

Football Critic said:
WOW!I'm shocked that knowledgable NFL and Fantasy fans are all over this dude after one PRESEASON,Many factors for why the hype should be overlooked.1. He's just not good...His stats (Rec, Yards, Tds)2007 - 7 90 0 2006 - 8 99 1 2005 - 29 350 12. 3 diff teams in 3 years, none of the teams WR core were stellar by any means, so why didnt he hack it there? Det, Oak, Ten 3. Pete Carroll is his former College HC, he is not building up this guy to reporters just because.4. If anyone quotes preseason stats, u make my case.....cuz rememer preseason means absolutly nothing. 5. I can't believe we have given this guy a nickname, and his own street name in SoCal....I'm baffled!I'm staying away, and will await the thread of people who were dissapointed with his production, then I will revert back to this thread.
You either don't play in a shark league or you getting eaten up by the sharks every year with your reasoning on evaluating a player's upcoming season.
LMFAO, so how is Mike X doing for you all?Sorry, but I have a personal feeling for this thread for the bashing I took in simply stating facts.He is a garbage player, and I have no sympathy for how teams are doing who have him rostered, you should of known better... and anyone on this thread who thought highly of him, u should be ashamed, if you watched football you should of known.Just had to point it out, guess I am doing the eaten and not bening eaten.(ETA: For the sensitive - Talkin smack is in all fun, no harsh feelings intended)
You are a bit too glib considering we are 3 weeks into the season, Williams has been dinged up a bit and has the most yards by a Seahawks wr (2nd in receiving on the team behind Carlson). The overall offensive numbers for Seattle are dismal. Hasselbeck is a consistent 3000+ yd passer when healthy, it is not impossible for things to improve and Williams or another Seattle wr would become a viable FF starter.If someone's fantasy team is doing poorly, it is not because they grabbed BMW of the waiver wire and stashed him at the end of their roster. I constantly churn the bottom 2 or 3 spots on my teams, did rostering BMW cost any more than taking a shot on Keiland Williams, Huggins, Royal, etc.?

Football Critic said:
You are a bit too glib considering we are 3 weeks into the season, Williams has been dinged up a bit and has the most yards by a Seahawks wr (2nd in receiving on the team behind Carlson). The overall offensive numbers for Seattle are dismal. Hasselbeck is a consistent 3000+ yd passer when healthy, it is not impossible for things to improve and Williams or another Seattle wr would become a viable FF starter.If someone's fantasy team is doing poorly, it is not because they grabbed BMW of the waiver wire and stashed him at the end of their roster. I constantly churn the bottom 2 or 3 spots on my teams, did rostering BMW cost any more than taking a shot on Keiland Williams, Huggins, Royal, etc.?
:mellow: :shock: @ BMW being the reason any fantasy team is floundering. Long season.

Football Critic said:
:goodposting: :confused: @ BMW being the reason any fantasy team is floundering. Long season.
Still loving this guy? Really? Give it up he is not good! not even a debate!People were ready to compare him to AJ, CJ, and Marshall....thats far from callin him a sleeper!After all this is a praise thread thats 6 pages long, he was just not another guy on the wire to most....and I am certain someone went all in on the WW for this guy, making moves for this guy effected your team in more then just wins an losses.Keep arguning hes good, i'll be back in 4 more weeks with another response saying how horrible he is..WITH PROOF!...and I'm sure people will still think he will catch 80 passes this year.

There is potential with him but with his shoulder injury I just couldn't afford to wait on him producing any longer. Dropped him for Lance Moore since I need more immediate results. Mike may turn into a good player later in the season but I need more scoring now.

I think i'm going to drop him for his team mate Branch. I took a chance but I don't like the fact that he has had two injuries already this short season.

I look at him the same way i would a high first round rookie pick. This is the first time he's actually dedicated himself to football. The potential he showed in preseason in evident. He can be a monster if everything comes together for him. Branch is what he is...mediocre. I'm talking more for dynasty though. In redraft i would drop him for the flavor of the week if was desperate for wins.

Football Critic said:
You're trying awfully hard to be seen as "right" on this issue, which is silly both because you're wrong (so far) and also because it's too early to draw any lasting conclusions. If you need stroking I'm sure we can arrange something for you.

• WR Mike Williams suffered a shoulder injury in the first half, and while he finished the game, his status will be a question. "He's real sore today," Carroll said. "We'll see how that turns out."
This doesn't sound major at all FWIW. Fine if you down on BMW, the squawks but as someone previously mentioned when your ST scores two KO ret TD's it takes a lot of your offensive stats away. Moreover, every time they got the ball back they were in 'clock kill mode', not really conducive to good wr stats.

You're trying awfully hard to be seen as "right" on this issue, which is silly both because you're wrong (so far) and also because it's too early to draw any lasting conclusions.
So far he's wrong? I agree it is too early. Unless you include the last 6 years of *cough* production.Mike X. might have a few decent games here and there this season. It's possible. He is getting a lot of PT, after all. But right now, he's behind John Carlson in receptions, and is already injured. People talking about some unlimited upside where he becomes a 'monster' or a 'beast', or really, even a 'starter for your fantasy team' are simply not being realistic.

You're trying awfully hard to be seen as "right" on this issue, which is silly both because you're wrong (so far) and also because it's too early to draw any lasting conclusions.
So far he's wrong? I agree it is too early. Unless you include the last 6 years of *cough* production.

Mike X. might have a few decent games here and there this season. It's possible. He is getting a lot of PT, after all. But right now, he's behind John Carlson in receptions, and is already injured. People talking about some unlimited upside where he becomes a 'monster' or a 'beast', or really, even a 'starter for your fantasy team' are simply not being realistic.
I don't see the same guy out there that I did right after he was drafted. He looks motivated, in shape, and well drilled in the offense. While it's rare, some guys just mature later. So no, I don't include that so far absent some regression on his part that implies nothing's changed, and an injury wouldn't be a sign of that.

So far he's wrong? I agree it is too early. Unless you include the last 6 years of *cough* production.

Mike X. might have a few decent games here and there this season. It's possible. He is getting a lot of PT, after all. But right now, he's behind John Carlson in receptions, and is already injured. People talking about some unlimited upside where he becomes a 'monster' or a 'beast', or really, even a 'starter for your fantasy team' are simply not being realistic.
I don't see the same guy out there that I did right after he was drafted. He looks motivated, in shape, and well drilled in the offense. While it's rare, some guys just mature later. So no, I don't include that so far absent some regression on his part that implies nothing's changed, and an injury wouldn't be a sign of that.
exactly what is he wrong about? BMxW is waiver wire fodder. Time to drop

I bolded what I was responding to in that post. I've already referred to MW as a "flier", so we certainly don't disagree there, but those who are saying he's "the same old guy" are not correct. If he fails, he won't be failing for the same self-defeating reasons he was failing 4-5 years ago.

I drafted him this year in the 5th round of my 5 round rookie/FA draft of my 30 man dynasty. He has outproduced his 354th draft position already with some upside.

:pickle:

Like I said in an earlier post he could have been this years MSW from last year or Chris Henry (pre-death) from last year. He's looking more and more like Chris Henry.

Yeah, I don't get that comment. I'm still high on BMW and think Football Critic eats these words by season's end if BMW stays healthy. But he's been absolutely RIGHT through three weeks. Dude hasn't come close to my expectations.

Its not about being right, its about people jumping all over a player because of hype instead of for what he really is, a horrible player who is not worthy of a 6 page thread. This scenerio especially bothers me seeing as how I am from Detroit and seen with my own eyes this guy being a cancer who is a waste of NFL Roster space. I do not like this guy everyone proclaims "X" because of his style, work ethic, and overall ability to not care about what he gets paid to do. FOOTBALL!

You fans up in Seattle who thought he was a next coming, I'm not to upset with you as you were just holding out hope. I'm shocked that the people I come to hear rational football discussion from actually, for one second, thought he was worth a darn.

But most of all I'm shocked people were touting a guy who has already proved not once, not twice, but 3 times that he is not a NFL player.

Its not about being right, its about people jumping all over a player because of hype instead of for what he really is, a horrible player who is not worthy of a 6 page thread. This scenerio especially bothers me seeing as how I am from Detroit and seen with my own eyes this guy being a cancer who is a waste of NFL Roster space. I do not like this guy everyone proclaims "X" because of his style, work ethic, and overall ability to not care about what he gets paid to do. FOOTBALL!You fans up in Seattle who thought he was a next coming, I'm not to upset with you as you were just holding out hope. I'm shocked that the people I come to hear rational football discussion from actually, for one second, thought he was worth a darn.But most of all I'm shocked people were touting a guy who has already proved not once, not twice, but 3 times that he is not a NFL player.
Did you watch the guy in preseason? He looked faster and more explosive than he ever did in Detroit. Seriously, did you watch the guy play? The BMW in Detroit i agree wasn't that good, but this version of him was looking like USC BMW, before sitting out a year and being lazy. I agree with Otis, the big games will come, if he can stay healthy.

Football Critic said:
WOW!

I'm shocked that knowledgable NFL and Fantasy fans are all over this dude after one PRESEASON,

Many factors for why the hype should be overlooked.

1. He's just not good...His stats (Rec, Yards, Tds)

2007 - 7 90 0

2006 - 8 99 1

2005 - 29 350 1

2. 3 diff teams in 3 years, none of the teams WR core were stellar by any means, so why didnt he hack it there? Det, Oak, Ten

3. Pete Carroll is his former College HC, he is not building up this guy to reporters just because.

4. If anyone quotes preseason stats, u make my case.....cuz rememer preseason means absolutly nothing.

5. I can't believe we have given this guy a nickname, and his own street name in SoCal....I'm baffled!

I'm staying away, and will await the thread of people who were dissapointed with his production, then I will revert back to this thread.
LMFAO, so how is Mike X doing for you all?Sorry, but I have a personal feeling for this thread for the bashing I took in simply stating facts.

He is a garbage player, and I have no sympathy for how teams are doing who have him rostered, you should of known better... and anyone on this thread who thought highly of him, u should be ashamed, if you watched football you should of known.

Just had to point it out, guess I am doing the eaten and not bening eaten.

(ETA: For the sensitive - Talkin smack is in all fun, no harsh feelings intended)
You're trying awfully hard to be seen as "right" on this issue, which is silly both because you're wrong (so far) and also because it's too early to draw any lasting conclusions. If you need stroking I'm sure we can arrange something for you.
Speak for yourself, mister.

Its not about being right, its about people jumping all over a player because of hype instead of for what he really is, a horrible player who is not worthy of a 6 page thread. This scenerio especially bothers me seeing as how I am from Detroit and seen with my own eyes this guy being a cancer who is a waste of NFL Roster space. I do not like this guy everyone proclaims "X" because of his style, work ethic, and overall ability to not care about what he gets paid to do. FOOTBALL!

You fans up in Seattle who thought he was a next coming, I'm not to upset with you as you were just holding out hope. I'm shocked that the people I come to hear rational football discussion from actually, for one second, thought he was worth a darn.

But most of all I'm shocked people were touting a guy who has already proved not once, not twice, but 3 times that he is not a NFL player.
Did you watch the guy in preseason? He looked faster and more explosive than he ever did in Detroit. Seriously, did you watch the guy play? The BMW in Detroit i agree wasn't that good, but this version of him was looking like USC BMW, before sitting out a year and being lazy. I agree with Otis, the big games will come, if he can stay healthy.
He sounds like a guy 'rooting' for failure since BMW's Detroit days were a wasted 1st round pick. I can name 50 roster space way more wasted that Williams...conservatively. David Carr, David Garrard, Bryant Johnson. See how easy that is? Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, Ernest Wilford (yeah, he's done). I could go on and on.

He sounds like a guy 'rooting' for failure since BMW's Detroit days were a wasted 1st round pick. I can name 50 roster space way more wasted that Williams...conservatively. David Carr, David Garrard, Bryant Johnson. See how easy that is? Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, Ernest Wilford (yeah, he's done). I could go on and on.
No just a guy who was mocked for giving his insight, now just pointing out "X's" performance....which has been not good, and from what people were saying, far less then what his followers projections give him. I understand how people who were loving this guy can be bitter at me for pointing out that he is not what u all think he is, but now maybe when some local beat writers start pumping a guy, or when a former college head coach gives his player a vote of confidence by making him feel like a star,(Cue the "motivate tatum bell" line) you'll understand that bad players are just bad players no matter how great of a comeback story it would be. Keep it simple.

No just a guy who was mocked for giving his insight, now just pointing out "X's" performance....which has been not good, and from what people were saying, far less then what his followers projections give him. I understand how people who were loving this guy can be bitter at me for pointing out that he is not what u all think he is, but now maybe when some local beat writers start pumping a guy, or when a former college head coach gives his player a vote of confidence by making him feel like a star,(Cue the "motivate tatum bell" line) you'll understand that bad players are just bad players no matter how great of a comeback story it would be. Keep it simple.
He's probably better than I was expecting so far. He's my #5 dynasty WR out of 6. I didn't expect him to assist in pushing Housh out the door. He's made some nice catches so far this year. I've said before he can flop at any second but he has potential if used right. There are plenty of NFL stars not being used right. #1 on the list is DeAngelo Williams.

Just curious, how did the future hall of famer Mike "X" do this past weekend? I mean again from this thread, and most of its posters, he should of scored 2 tds by halftime, did he? lol

Users who are viewing this thread