What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing Malaysian jet news (5 Viewers)

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters. I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.
I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given timeCome to the FBG for news about something taking place in Asia? Why?
I don't mind catching certain pieces of news here... Breaking news threads aren't that bad until it turns political, then you've gotta chew through 27 pages for one legitimate update.

Topics like celebrity deaths are perfect example of news I get here. Usually doesn't cross over into political and I can get the key pieces of information in a short time, so no need for Google.

If this turns out to be terrorism, then this thread turns to endless debating and nonsense, then becomes impossible to follow, in which case nothing newsworthy can be found in here anymore.
Yep. This place is a good aggregator until the threads get chochet'ed.

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves

The statement was very speculative and it was a bit silly to say only, but the point can be made without the i-lynching.

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves
It's not a big deal. But neither is pointing it out. I just think it's funny how adamant he was about it. I also think it's funny that those who pointed it out are considered to be the foolish ones.

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.
Yeah, AR is a real trailblazer in making thread updates. Em tried changing the title but that did not go over so well. Lead to too many hard deletes and no happy endings.

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on. Crazy.

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on. Crazy.
the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorismhttp://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/oil-slicks-remains-missing-malaysia-airlines-jetline-article-1.1715004

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a decent policy on its face if they have no other way to prove their identity.

the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorismhttp://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/oil-slicks-remains-missing-malaysia-airlines-jetline-article-1.1715004
Ah, thanks for the link. That's what you get when a local rock station tried to give their spin on an international news story in the 10 seconds they have between songs.

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.

So now we are going to have an international database of lost or stolen passports. Seems like it would have been easy enough to flag these.

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.
:lmao:

C'mon, you guys have got to give me this one.

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth
That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.

That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.
The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight

Well, it was a fairly narrow stance, and most of the posters are in favor of a wide stance.

The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda
Both passports were stolen in Thailand.

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight
spoiler tags please

And the people using them would have to be able to pass as Christian and Mario....

And the people using them would have to be able to pass as Christian and Mario....
Possibility here.

Not all terrorists look like your stereotypical smelly middle easterner.

Possibility here.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/311/4/a/arabic_super_mario_by_namehmakki-d32erj8.jpg

Well aware of that. Earlier in the thread the Uighur were brought up but likely cannot pass for Christian and Mario. So it points to an organisation with slightly wider ethnicity or possibly from Europe

Well aware of that. Earlier in the thread the Uighur were brought up but likely cannot pass for Christian and Mario. So it points to an organisation with slightly wider ethnicity or possibly from Europe
Or maybe they don't hassle a brown guy from Italy just because his name is Mario.

Where is the Debris?

Nothing can be ruled out but I think an Egyptian air scenario is more likely. Suicide pilot into the drink.

Far more instances of mechanical failure or pilot error in history than terrorism. I"m guessing thousands of passports are stolen annually.

There are a lot of immigrants in Austria and Italy, and not a lot of Italians are blonde and blue-eyed. Do we even know the two people in question were honkey-like?

Seems like they should be looking up, not down, then.

But seriously, it's really surprising that a large plane like that could just disappear in this day and age.

Wouldn't it break up on impact and leave a floating trail of debris?

Where is the Debris?Nothing can be ruled out but I think an Egyptian air scenario is more likely. Suicide pilot into the drink.

Far more instances of mechanical failure or pilot error in history than terrorism. I"m guessing thousands of passports are stolen annually.
It is probably rare to be on a plane with two passengers using stolen passports. At least you would hope that is rare.

Where is the Debris?Nothing can be ruled out but I think an Egyptian air scenario is more likely. Suicide pilot into the drink.

It is probably rare to be on a plane with two passengers using stolen passports. At least you would hope that is rare.

- The new thriller from James Patterson
Available April 2014

Or maybe they don't hassle a brown guy from Italy just because his name is Mario.
At least one of them gets hassled regularly.

False flag attack to take the attention off of Obama's financial support of the Ukraine, while at the same time cutting the US military budget.

I'll hang up and listen. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread