What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MJD Revisited (1 Viewer)

Sammy Traveller

Footballguy
After a few games where he was performing under his ADP, he seems to be catching fire the last couple games. Will he maintain his pace or has he peaked?

Jax can only go so far with a hot-and-cold QB. This is a Forrest Gump team - it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

I ragged on him preseason.... but 2 nice games, a bye to freshen up and a decent schedule...

I just traded eli manning and j best for him... got a good feeling for the 2nd half

You can count the everydown backs on one hand, and he's one of them.

He's definitely top 10 going forward and likely top 5.

I ragged on him preseason.... but 2 nice games, a bye to freshen up and a decent schedule...I just traded eli manning and j best for him... got a good feeling for the 2nd half
hopefully you have a good QB and a decent backup QB if you were giving up Eli.

Ditto the hold sentiments of others. He was a hold even while he was struggling and nothing has changed now that he has had 2 good games.

I ragged on him preseason.... but 2 nice games, a bye to freshen up and a decent schedule...I just traded eli manning and j best for him... got a good feeling for the 2nd half
hopefully you have a good QB and a decent backup QB if you were giving up Eli.
Orton, Favre and vince young. i'll survive... now gives me gore, sjax and mjd as my staring RBs and flex.... and blount. not bad :popcorn:anyways, as I said. showing more promise, a bye for rest.. and a lot of carries. he's a buy if you can get him for somewhat low

The only thing missing lately is the TD production. Garrard is getting all the TD love...sooner or later you would think that will change.

Earlier today I traded Chris Johnson and Randy Moss for MJD and Megatron. I like him the rest of the way and his owner will probably let him go for 80¢ on the dollar.

Earlier today I traded Chris Johnson and Randy Moss for MJD and Megatron. I like him the rest of the way and his owner will probably let him go for 80¢ on the dollar.
Eh, I don't know if I would give up CJ for anything. He just gives you such a huge advantage, and MJD is a pretty big downgrade

Tried to buy today. Offered Best + Blount, or Wells + Blount. Both nixed and no counters. Guy told me MJD was his "bread and butter" so I didn't bother following up with a sweetener.

Eh, I don't know if I would give up CJ for anything. He just gives you such a huge advantage, and MJD is a pretty big downgrade
Before Trade:RB1 FosterRB2 CJWR1 RandyWR2 WelkerAfter Trade:RB1 FosterRB2 MJDWR1 MegatronWR2 WelkerIt was tough, but I like my starters post trade. Besides, I took a gamble with the other team as we made the deal this morning when Moss' future was undecided.EDIT: Didn't mean to de-rail the thread, but I've seen a couple places that rank MJD in upper top 10 (as high as #4), so I think he is someone who is worth targeting in a trade and holding if you own.

Last edited by a moderator:
MJD was never the problem. It was the ineffective passing game around him. Bouman has a decent game and Garrard goes off. Coincidently, MJD looks like a top 5 pick all over again.

You should be holding because patient owners are just now starting to reap the benefits.

I've been trying to sell for Peterson (packaged with Jennings and Witten for ADP and garbage) but the owner's not biting. Unless I'm getting premium player I'll be holding. They have a decent playoff schedule and I expect decent production from here on out.

I've been trying to sell for Peterson (packaged with Jennings and Witten for ADP and garbage) but the owner's not biting. Unless I'm getting premium player I'll be holding. They have a decent playoff schedule and I expect decent production from here on out.
What Peterson owner wouldn't take MJD, Jennings and Witten for ADP? That seems like an excellent deal.

What Peterson owner wouldn't take MJD, Jennings and Witten for ADP? That seems like an excellent deal.
It's Redraft and I have White and Nicks at WR and Gates at TE so Jennings is expendable. They've been carrying my team and I'm playoff bound at 7-1 but the guy I'm making the offer to is floundering and he doesn't have much at TE or WR. Seems like a good fit, but it doesn't look like he's going for it. :goodposting: ...or is my sarcasm detector off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread