What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF: Colts vs Bucs (1 Viewer)

yah, that was nice running by mccardell, at first it looked like johnson overthrew it, but mccardell ran right under the ball somehow (maybe it looked like he was running fast cause some fatty number 94 or something was covering him)

Not just scoring. But that score was BE-A-UTIFUL!I take back everything I said about the TB offense.Message to Dungy: Ricky Williams 2 is NOT Stephen Davis.

I just can't help but chuckle at all these Pittman owners desperately waiting to see their "feature back" go off. :P

Not just scoring. But that score was BE-A-UTIFUL!I take back everything I said about the TB offense.Message to Dungy: Ricky Williams 2 is NOT Stephen Davis.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I picked the Bucs not to cover.Hope things work out :wacko:

Bucs get the ball at thier 20.Manning got leveled out of his pants.I don't think he has seen a pass rush like this in some time.

That was a hideous pass, an even more disgusting fumble -- and a shame for McCardell owners, since they won't get the points even though he just scored his second TD. :rotflmao:

That was a hideous pass, an even more disgusting fumble -- and a shame for McCardell owners, since they won't get the points even though he just scored his second TD. :rotflmao:
How about a McCardell and TB D owner? I have to get those pts, right?So what's the official score? Def TD?It has to be, change of possession, forced fumble, fumble rec, "def" TD.NFL.com gave it to the D, but Sportsline didn't give me pts to either TB D or McCardell. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Manning is going to have to put up another 6 TD's tonite to pull this one out....
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Not likely.TB is REALLY GOOD.Thats what I heard anyways...... :ph34r:

Man, what a bummer!The no-win team in my league is down by 30 and starting McCardell! Too bad that TD won't go to him!!!DEF/ST TD for sure, PLUS a Fumble recovery! 8 pts for the TB DEF in most scoring leagues. Too funny. Like that DEF needs any help from the Offense to rack up points! :rotflmao:

In the leagues I'm in, that's a defensive TD for Tampa.
I have to wonder why a McCardell owner wouldn't get TD points? If he returned a punt/kick off for a TD, it would count. Why not a fumble recovery recovery?I'm a MeShawn owner, so I don't really care either way.

Spotysline gave TB D/ST one point for a fumble recovery but no td to Mcardell or D/ST
Sportsline hasn't given me anything for that one. My leagues doesn't score for fumble rec, only FF.Maybe this will be one of those mid-week fixes???

MFL currently has no INT for Indy, but rewarded them w/ a Defense TD.No points for Tampa. I imagine thats going to change at some point.

It'd be real nice for me if Brad Johnson could toss up another 3-4 interceptions.And the Colts start using Mungro.I can dream. :D

Man, what a bummer!The no-win team in my league is down by 30 and starting McCardell! Too bad that TD won't go to him!!!DEF/ST TD for sure, PLUS a Fumble recovery! 8 pts for the TB DEF in most scoring leagues. Too funny. Like that DEF needs any help from the Offense to rack up points! :rotflmao:
In our league if a player scores a TD (no matter what way) and he is on your roster, you get 6 pts.

Someone wanna send an email to CBS on this one?It was clearly a "defensive" play...It shouldn't matter what players are on the field..Someone with good grammar should email them.

In our league if a player scores a TD (no matter what way) and he is on your roster, you get 6 pts.
:thumbup: Mine too. The Tampa D owner started them AND McCardell this week!! 12 pt play.

CBS will never hear the end of this unless I get 6 points for a Defensive TD!!!!!!!!

Im sure they will. A few weeks ago, they credited Baltimores D with a TD when the fullback recovered JLew's fumble and scored a TD....then they realized that because the browns never touched the fumble, possesion never changed (unlike tonight), so the offense never became the defense on that play, and they took the defensive TD away.Im sure theyll get it right sometime tonight. Then again, it IS cbs!

Why in the world should it be a "defensive" TD? Yes Indy caused a turnover and then lost it themselves, but the TB defense nor special teams were on the field.They may call it a defensive TD in the stats, but concerning fantasy football you have drafted the DEF/ST, not the offensive "team"

LIVE SCORING IS NOT OFFICIAL!Its an odd play, give CBS some time and they will get it right.

Why in the world should it be a "defensive" TD? Yes Indy caused a turnover and then lost it themselves, but the TB defense nor special teams were on the field.
When Indy intercepted the ball, who was on offense and who was on defense?

Why in the world should it be a "defensive" TD? Yes Indy caused a turnover and then lost it themselves, but the TB defense nor special teams were on the field.
It was a change of possession. So while the TB O was still on the field, they were technically the defense at that time. So when the Indy DB fumbled, it was a Def recovery and TD even though it was McCardell.

My understanding is that when an offense fumbles, and the opposing team picks it up, the offense that coughed it up becomes the "defense" until the play is over.

Game over guys. I thought ex-coach suppose to give u some advantage. Guess who have Colts offense and Bucs defense.

Don't think it has anything to do with what players were on the field, an INT is a change of possession, defense becomes offense and vice versa. Just like if you bring out your special teams for a FG and then fake it and and throw for a TD, its not considered a Special Teams TD just because there were special teams players on the field, its considered a regular play from scrimmage.

It was a change of possession. So while the TB O was still on the field, they were technically the defense at that time. So when the Indy DB fumbled, it was a Def recovery and TD even though it was McCardell.
Exactly. "Technically" they were trying to "defend" Indy from scoring. The fact that you draft a team's DEF/ST should speak for itself.To argue that your defense should get those points to me is absurd.

Such a good feeling to be starting the lead receiver for a team getting creamed early and the (maybe) lead rusher for the team doing the creaming. Although with these D's it still may not get me any points....

I picked the Colts....DOH!!!!!I must say this, Tampa is on the power track to win it all if they avoid injuries.

Exactly. "Technically" they were trying to "defend" Indy from scoring. The fact that you draft a team's DEF/ST should speak for itself.To argue that your defense should get those points to me is absurd.
I actually don't care who gets the TD, I'm starting McCardell and the Bucs D.No one here is arguing who should logically get the TD, I'm just telling you what the NFL rulebook says.

Brad Johnson is extremely solid. I ranked him 12th or so coming into the season, but with a few injuries, plus guys like Brooks and McNabb sucking, I would consider him for the top 10 right now.

How's Alstott looking? Is the Tampa line slacking or are the Indy DB's just that fast? Cant see da game.

There is still alot more football to be played.Obviously I think the Bucs should win outright, but it is never over.......Ok its over :ph34r:

when are the colts going to learn...on 3rd and whatever, YOU HAVE TO GET BEYOND THE FIRST DOWN MARKER, there is no way manning can continue to throw before the marker and expect his rbs, wrs, tes to get there themselves...tampa is just too fast to swarm to the ball... :no:

How's Alstott looking? Is the Tampa line slacking or are the Indy DB's just that fast? Cant see da game.
Alstott has a neck injury. He can't bend it back at all. I'm surprised he's played at all. That said, he's caught a nice pass for about nine yards, and he's done his usual goal line thing: Got stuffed twice, but really not his fault. No blocking.Pittman, on the other hand, looks good. He runs like a wild man, which is probably why he always gets hurt. However, I just don't see Pittman having a ton of fantasy value. Stecker has gotten several carries, and Alstott will likely come in at the goal line all year long.

Here comes 2 more for the BUCSMy bad, I forgot this was the BUCS D and not the Cowbys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread