What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mort says SD shopping Antonio Cromartie for a running back (1 Viewer)

Christo said:
Frankbot said:
JohnnyU said:
identikit said:
per @fyifootballplay tweet:The Detroit News reports that the SD Chargers asking price for Antonio Cromartie -may include- Maurice Morris & a 4th- or 5th-RD draft pick
Man, he sure is lousy RB to trade for. He's on the ww in several of my leagues and I wouldn't care if he did go to SD I wouldn't pick him up.
Considering the Chargers' RB cupboard is all but bare - I think it's safe to assume they'd be looking at MoMo as a backup/depth/COP type option and nothing more...
Aren't there better FA options right now?
Heck, there's better options in FA, the CFL, the UFL and probably even a couple in the FFA & SP.

Christo said:
Frankbot said:
JohnnyU said:
identikit said:
per @fyifootballplay tweet:The Detroit News reports that the SD Chargers asking price for Antonio Cromartie -may include- Maurice Morris & a 4th- or 5th-RD draft pick
Man, he sure is lousy RB to trade for. He's on the ww in several of my leagues and I wouldn't care if he did go to SD I wouldn't pick him up.
Considering the Chargers' RB cupboard is all but bare - I think it's safe to assume they'd be looking at MoMo as a backup/depth/COP type option and nothing more...
Aren't there better FA options right now?
Heck, there's better options in FA, the CFL, the UFL and probably even a couple in the FFA & SP.
Kidding aside, I decided to look into this a bit since I'm as baffled as anyone as to why they'd entertain an offer including Maurice Morris... Here's a list of 'Unrestricted Free Agent Running Backs' pulled from nfl.com:Jordan, LaMont (DEN)Lewis, Jamal (CLE)Tomlinson, LaDainian (SD)Westbrook, Brian (PHI)Brown, Chris (HOU)Faulk, Kevin (NE)Green, Ahman (GB)Johnson, Larry (CIN)Parker, Willie (PIT)Peterson, Adrian (CHI)Stecker, Aaron (ATL)Taylor, Chester (MIN)That's pretty much it - Everyone else is a Restricted Free Agent. I'm not sure how much money any of those UFA guys will command on the market, but Morris will only cost $1.3 million for 2010 and $1.6 million for 2011... So maybe that's a big part of it.

Source: It's 'highly unlikely' Lions will trade for Antonio Cromartie

By Tom Kowalski

March 01, 2010, 7:50PM

ALLEN PARK -- According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, it's "highly unlikely'' the Detroit Lions will trade for San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie. The two teams did have talks concerning a deal but the Lions have opted to move in a different direction.

Cromartie, who has been at odds with the Chargers' coaching staff, is being shopped and, if a deal isn't struck with a team, he might get released. The Lions are very thin at cornerback, but Cromartie doesn't appear to play the physical brand of football that head coach Jim Schwartz is looking for. Both of Detroit's starting cornerbacks last season -- Phillip Buchanon and Anthony Henry -- were benched at different points in the season because of poor play in the running game.

Donnybrook said:
This trade should make Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte and Ryan Grant very happy.
Yes, because Cromartie will be pushing all those incredibly good tackling CB's the Lions have had for the last several years to the bench. Those RB's are FINALLY going to catch a break playing the Lions. Good point.
Does he help a team that is near the bottom of the league against the run? I found a pic of Cromartie in his new uniform. > The new lion
No. he's not the run-stuffing CB that's going to fix the Lions run defense.

If he's not going to fit a team that needs their CBs to be stout tacklers, that seems to rule out an quite a few teams (Tampa-2 comes immediately to mind). What teams or defenses would he fit well in?

Users who are viewing this thread